Construction Magic - Storkie Magic competition

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Construction Magic - Storkie Magic competition

Postby minifun990 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:34 pm

Moving to here for off-oekaki entry.

Merging/melding/sticking magic. Construction magic

Eye colour - A warm reddish brown with brownish grey pupils. Reminiscent of wood and metal

Welcome to the magic of construction!
I apologize for the mess, so many projects and exciting things are constantly ready to be worked on. Things much more fun than cleaning up the rubble from our projects.

Construction magic is an amazingly useful magic. It is the magic some of our best engineers, builders and inventors have!

Sometimes our magic often gets referred to as glue magic, and when you see our resident master here you can see why. Constructions magics most obvious and versatile skill is seeing how and making things stick together just as as we want. Whether that means sticking your tools to your fur, sticking bricks and things together to make wonderous almost gravity defying buildings, or even sticking and trapping your enemies to the nearest surfaces!

Theres plenty of specializations really that a construction magician can get into. Messing with friction is one of the most fun ones Id say. But we aren't just glue and tape.

We are inventors and this magic comes with a far more intuitive understanding of how things work. Even as kits some of us love to take apart magical and mechanical masterpieces, and as skill improves we can even manage to put them back together!

I joke, but it only takes a look at the buildings and mechanical marvels around to see the value of this magic. Involving a powerful construction magicians can cut the time needed to create skyscrapers or new weapons and machines down so much in time.

And a paragon?? Well with a little help from life, metal, plant or metal magics Im sure they could build almost anything one could dream of. Living prosthetics, elemental golems, self harvesting fields and self mining mines. Its almost hard to think of something that couldn't be made without a bit of collaboration and a lot of power.

I mean, look at Bob! He has created a multi-material golem that follows him around, his tail expanded with a meld of metal, wood and plant, and no one has seem him without some nails and a hammer stuck to his side since he was but a apprentice. And that's hardly even to speak of the buildings hes designed and help make. He helped build a skyscraper that balances on a huge oak, a colosseum only accessible via a watery tunnel transported by an electric train. Sure he has a whole army of helpers of various magics. But without him? such marvels would've taken a huge magnitude more resources and technology. All because he simply wanted to make the world a better more creative place.

In Summary Construction Magics domain includes the following
-Manipulation of friction, increasing or decreasing it
-Understanding and being able to manipulate gravity in minor ways
-Understanding how mechanical things fit and work together
-Melding objects together
-Greater creativity in creating physical objects and buildings

-Creating holographic images displaying their ideas

At higher levels
-Creating golems, autonomous and buildings that utilize and help benefit the magical energy of others
-Reversing gravity or increasing it in localized areas

Levelling Guide
Novice/Default Level
At this level you may find yourself called to creative endevours. Things you like and think could be useful almost seem to stick to you for short times, though its hard for you to do it on purpose currently. You seem to have skill at deconstructing things, but less frequently are you able to put them back together in the same way they once were. You can make small almost-gravity defying things such as higher stacks of leaning rocks than your peers.

Advanced
Now an apprentice, perhaps you are learning a new trade. Perhaps you favour rocks or wood as your medium, sculpting it into new shapes. You are able to meld and stick pieces of similar material together without the use of glue or heat, but often cross medium melds are still a struggle. You can stick things to yourself quite easily, and can start to carry a few tools with you easily. Your skill at putting things back together is improving!

Adept
Others are starting to listen to your ideas a lot more. You have achieved a few impressive buildings or perhaps inventions and you only seem to be increasing in complexity and expertise. Melding non-living materials is really quite easy, and your buildings can lean to big angles without being at risk of falling due to a mix of magic and knowledge. You are scaling up your profession, thinking of bigger and more impressive projects.

Master
Youve figured out how to work others magics into your creations and constructs. And this skill? This has made almost everything possible to you. Be it using others life magic to build living prostetics and magic, made out of metals and shadow, covering buildings in runes and metal, plants and fire mingling without negatively impacting each other. If someone is happy to lend you some of their magic you can create to your hearts content. You are a creative mastermind, creating feats of engineering that will likely last for 100s of years and bring civilsations from far around to come see the things you've created, whether its crazy gravity defying, automatomated or magically infused.

Gifts, Divine Gifts, and Accessories:

Magic-Specific Prompts:
What was your first construction project? Did it turn out as you expected?
Have you ever got something stuck together you couldnt get apart?
Do others trust your constructions?
Has there ever been anything youve tried to make that you couldnt get to work?

Are you naturally creative or do you have to turn off your self critic?

Credits:
Construction Storkie by me
Fonts from font space
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Construction Magic - Storkie Magic competition

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:02 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

[NR] Accessories, custom lined, expression edit, fur tuft,
[LIM] Alternate Magic Color II
[LEG] Height Edit (Shorter), Tail Type Alteration.

non-passable: Alternate Earth Magic at Paragon Level Expression

Magic: Earth (Alternate Magic Color II)
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me