☠️ Memento Mori (A Kalon #2000 Form) 🌹

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

☠️ Memento Mori (A Kalon #2000 Form) 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:55 am

MEMENTO MORI

-------//-------

Hi there! We heard that you wanted to work alongside Life or Death, and from what you've told us, you're having a hard time choosing which one you want to follow right? Well, we know how to fix that! We'll let you learn a bit about both of them so you have an easier time choosing! This file you're about to read has been made by:
Furrydogs12 #992378

As the one who has chosen...

🌹 Life 🌹

Gasparluna844 #649339

As the one who has chosen...

☠️ Death ☠️

(No posting here if not me please, thank you!)
Hello there! You can call me Gabs, Gabi or, as most prefer, Luna
I'm Portuguese so English is my secondary language
My pronouns are she/her but they/them is also good if you prefer ^^

Image Image

TH (I'm active in closed species so... check it out if you're interested!)

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

Anyways, have a good day/night!

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☠️ The Story Begins... 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:58 am

Once upon a time...

Snapdragons…

A beautiful flower that can be seen in a variety of colors and sizes as well… The plants can be quite strong, for they are resistant to frost, yet…

How come they only see them in their decaying state?

A lone snapdragon is plucked from its resting area, gently lifted by two clawed fingers that belong to a bony paw, the one who has taken it rolls it from side to side slowly… As if they were examining it carefully. This went on for a minute or so before the figure stopped, like they came to a conclusion.

It’s rather unfair isn’t it? How they have wilted and rotting snapdragons along their back just to hammer in the point that they can never keep anything alive? Not even on their own body… Oh, there goes the poor flower, accidentally crushed in the hand that was so tenderly holding it a moment ago… That’s what happens when you think too much.

A sigh came from the one known as Death, would they ever stop being a brute? They hadn’t meant to damage it, but somehow it seems that they end up killing everything they touch… They hate it, despise it even, it doesn’t make them feel like a monster or anything of the sort… However, it’s a nuisance, their entire existence was made with the purpose of collecting souls and they don’t mind their job, though… Did their side of the land really have to be inhospitable towards all living things? They can’t even have their own garden for goodness sake!

In contrast, here they are, standing in the rich and luscious garden of their counterpart… The one who is able to give the greatest gift of all to whatever they please: life. Death hadn’t planned to make it a habit, they had stumbled onto it by complete accident.

Now? It was a routine, at first it was just to enjoy what they weren’t able to have themselves, later though? It became something else entirely, they were sneaking flowers out of the garden… They didn’t want to be considered a thief, but it was for a greater good, Death felt sorry for it regardless.

Unbeknownst to them, there was a presence looming over the reaper not that far away, watching them in quiet but seething anger at what they were doing. The mysterious figure was unaware of this entire operation and was only seeing the scene before them unfold for the first time, even though Death had been doing it for weeks, almost a month now.

The stranger was not going to approach them, not yet at least. Was it curiosity to see what the purpose of this whole scheme was? Yes, yes it was, the one surrounded by darkness wanted to see exactly what the soul taker would do with the flowers they grabbed.

Meanwhile, Death was oblivious to the spy lurking behind them, they had much more pressing thoughts to think of. Satisfied with the amount of flowers they had collected, they began walking towards… Somewhere, somewhere far away, it was a long journey but it would be worth the time. The follower was just a few steps behind, it was getting rather boring trailing after their opposite, so they were desperately hoping that there would be a stop soon.

Luckily, there was a stop, finally Death slowed their pace down and sat in a… Clearing? No, that wasn’t it… The stalker peeked from behind a bush and was able to look at it clearly: it was a graveyard.

Not wanting to jump to conclusions, the winged one stayed right where they were, not wanting to initiate a fight without… A semi-good reason to do so, they weren’t that foolish.

The reaper stood in front of a grave, the stone was polished, undamaged… New. The soil had been recently moved, whoever had passed away hadn’t been in the ground for very long at all. A small thump was heard, then a prayer and lastly… A simple, soft-spoken “I’m sorry” came out of Death’s lips. A stray tear fell on the ground as the undead one bid the deceased goodbye and got up to leave the resting place of many souls… There was much more to be done, it was still early morning so this was just the beginning of their work.

The crimson one crawled out of their hiding place, getting to the grave that was just being mourned over, it was… Beautiful, there were plenty of snapdragons covering the stone from top to bottom, including the ground around it. This figure couldn’t help but admire it, it was such… A wonderful way to treat the dead… The illusion of peace was quickly broken when they remembered who was the one to do it and they were absolutely livid.

Death was just about to turn a corner when they heard the crackling of what sounded like… Fire? No, it couldn’t be, they had passed through the forest just a moment ago! How in the world could it be ablaze when there wasn’t a single flame to be seen anywhere?

There wasn’t time to think about those technical questions, a glance behind their back was all that was needed for the reaper to obtain the answer they desired, except for the part where a fireball grazed their cheek. A yelp escaped them, eyes widening in shock as they raised their withered paw to cover the now burnt skin, hissing at the pain it caused… It was surely going to leave a mark.

Panicked eyeballs looked to the direction of where the fireball came from, wanting to know what the source of it was even though they had a good guess…

“Have you no shame?” a loud, booming voice asked. It was effeminate but that didn’t diminish any of the power it carried, it actually helped to strengthen it, the sound was intimidating… It demanded respect, and it was going to get it, the underlying threat was noticeable.

…Death’s guess was correct, it was the kalon that they dreaded to see at this very moment: Life.

“...And what have I done this time that was so despicable to you?” came the reply, tired, apathetic, the voice of someone who gave up long ago and didn’t want to try anymore.

The growl that reverberated through the trees sent birds flying in an aerial version of a stampede and the land critters scrambled to the inside of their dens in a rush, a raging fire consumed what was supposed to be the forgiving deity, casting the forest in a deep orange glow.

“You are a parasite! Is it not enough to take away the life that I’ve brought into the world? Was stealing flowers from MY garden necessary? Grow your own! Your land has a lot of space for them.” was the response, every word was spat out and laced with pure venom, as if the already angered creator spoke with the intent of holding themselves back from initiating a fight.

“You think I like taking away lives? You think I enjoy seeing the dead? No! But at least I care enough to try to show they are still remembered! If I could, I’d grow my own flowers but, all that I plant die! I can’t grow life! That’s why I take from your garden, and besides… You can just grow more!” refuted Death, a shudder rippled through their body, it was not one of fear though… They were never scared of Life, but this time… When faced with such an accusation, they had to keep their claws dug into the ground otherwise the undead deity was sure they would’ve done something that they’d regret later… Where had this defiance come from? They hadn’t gotten this worked up about their opposite’s words in… However long this feud has been going for.

“Well, that’s not exactly my problem, now is it? If you can’t grow your own, just go take them from the forest! Unless… You do like taking things from me? You always have, this will be the last time that you take ANYTHING away from my garden ever again! If I catch you in there once more… I promise you that you won’t walk away with just another little burn, I’ll turn you into ASH! …Leave this place you pest” warned Life, they were not willing to hear any excuses or claims of “not being able to grow their own flowers”, if their enemy truly wanted to honor the dead they wouldn’t do it by putting stolen flowers on the graves of the deceased!

Silence set in between the two arguing kalons, both of them staring the other down to see what their next move would be… The reaper opened their mouth, a reply just at the tip of their tongue but… It would be of no use, they just weren’t able to convince the crimson beast that they were face to face with. All of the past attempts failed so… Why would they work now? Why did they think it would be any different?

Another victory for Life, and zero wins for Death… There was no way of the latter being right about something was there? They’d forever have to maintain their thoughts to themselves, it was just worthless to speak to someone who you knew wouldn’t change their mind about you no matter how much you try to explain your situation to them.

Like in every other fight they’ve had, the undead one walks away to go back to their home while the fire wielder stands there proudly watching them leave. That’s how it went, how their relationship was made to be… Or how they thought it had to be. Nothing changed… It was all the same, all the same, all the same…

A flame that just didn’t know how to listen, when to quit, figure out when to stop burning through everything that stood in its path. All for the purpose of their own agenda in a mockery of what they call “good faith”.

The charred flowers that sat on top of a now damaged grave, still and with no signs of recovery seemed to agree, small spirits moving in sync flew up until they came to rest inside one of the soul taker’s black hip pouches that had the shape of a face.

…And Death was fed up.

Clink.

A tray is gently set down on top of a table, there are two cups in it: One of coffee, the other of chamomile tea.

A fluffy and well groomed paw reaches out to grab the energizing drink while a rougher, clawed one leans over to take hold of the herbal drink.

Dark sclera with red pupils stare towards a golden and white kalon, he is sitting in a manner that would make him seem relaxed, however his shoulders are tense. In his lap rests a book, closed and bookmarked since it’s time for him and the host to chat… Even if the socially awkward writer is used to being in this house, given that he has visited it many times already, the feeling of unease never quite seems to leave him. After some fidgeting, blue eyes lock onto smoky ones as the guest takes a sip of his espresso.

“What do you think? Is it any good?” asks Death, their voice warm and inviting so as to not scare the other… The one who sat on the armchair in front of them is probably the only kalon who chooses to hang out with them willingly, without it being a dare of some sort. At first of course their newfound companion was terrified of them, everyone was, but after trial and error… He gathered the courage to try to communicate with the reaper, unsuccessfully in the beginning due to them not allowing themselves to grow close to another… For as much as they tried pushing the golden kalon away it seemed he was determined to break their walls down, and with time… Death let him become their friend, they wouldn’t let their grudge with the one they hate affect their views on others.

“You always ask me the same thing… But yes! I like it, everything you make is good…” was the reply, it started off amused, that question really was asked whenever he got food or a drink made for him and he couldn’t help but inwardly chuckle at Death’s attempts to appease him… Sawyer quickly became nervous though, did he come off as too harsh? Oh goodness, maybe he did, with an anxious switch of his tone he complimented the deity, not wanting to overstep his boundaries.

“And you always know how to flatter me Sawyer… Come on my friend, do you think some light teasing is what’s going to upset me? You can be at ease, speak what’s on your mind, don’t be afraid to joke around with me” laughed the undead one wholeheartedly, Death understood that even if mortals became close to godly kalons they weren’t ever able to shake off how intimidated they felt… Never wanting to speak out of line lest they get punished for it.

“You’re… You’re right, I shouldn’t feel so frightened… I know you wouldn’t hurt me” confessed the book lover, smiling at the reaper. For someone whose job is literally taking the living to the spirit realm, Sawyer felt reassured by what Death told him, he really was starting to believe that he would be safe around the other.

“See? Nothing to fear. Now, you’re looking at me very intently… Is there something you want to ask?” was the nonchalant question, they took a small sip of their tea, a content sigh escaping their lips as they leaned back in their armchair.

“Oh it… It’s nothing special… I was just wondering, since you’re much more… Reasonable than I initially thought, I wanted to know your opinion on… How to live life? Or what you think of it? As a writer I think it would really help me to get ideas from you, the meaning of life has always been something I’ve thought about…” explained the golden one, trying to keep himself from rambling as he grabbed a small notebook from the bag he placed on the armrest to take notes.

The deity thought for a few seconds before speaking, “I believe life is to be cherished. That there are so many incredible events in life that will forever be engraved in one’s mind. I think one should enjoy life, take risks, and let go of one’s self”.

The scratching of a pen against paper was all that could be heard for a couple of seconds until Sawyer looked back up towards his friend “I see… That’s not what I expected from you though, I thought you’d tell me to be more careful? Considering you’re not exactly a fan of your job, wouldn't you want people to take more precautions to guarantee that they won’t die due to being too risky in what they do?”

Small, rhythmic taps come from the armchair as Death ran their fingers through it, thinking of how to word their answer “...It’s not that easy my friend, I don’t wish for kalons to be so deathly afraid of passing away that they live their lives in constant fear and then regret not taking a risk or two… At the same time, even if I said that you should take risks, you shouldn’t be careless about what you’re doing… It’s good to not have someone be scared of dying, however… Not when that means they’re ready to act upon very… Pardon my language but… Stupid decisions. There should be a pretty clear middle ground between what is fun and what is actually dangerous, along with knowing not to put yourself in harm’s way either, even if you don’t care about consequences or because you’re trying to play hero when you shouldn’t be. Though… I’m not here to tell you how you should live your life, that’s up to each individual, I don’t like interfering in what mortals do. All I know is that in the end, no matter what happens, whether your death is painless or painful… I’ll collect your soul. I don’t like seeing bodies in their worst states, that’s what I despise most about my work… When I find joy in it is when I get to provide the dead with eternal rest, it’s quiet and peaceful, you get time to yourself without worrying about any problems that you’ve had in the surface world… You can also go talk to whoever you want by request and work out your issues with that kalon, I allow everyone to better themselves if they want to, after all… You now have a whole afterlife ahead of you, there’s no time like the present, though you don’t really have to worry about time since it’s infinite.” the reaper paused, taking a long sip of their tea, tail swishing from side to side as they looked at the other with a soft gaze.

“Though, above all else… To me, life has no meaning if you don’t remember that you’re going to die. You’re here to leave your mark on the world, whatever it might be, and even if you do not leave any legacy… You’re… You, and I think that’s the most important part, you’re here to use all the time you have to develop yourself as an individual. You were made to enjoy the beauty of the world and you’re part of the many creatures that got to have that experience… Be proud of it.”

Loud and frantic scribbling of a metal tip writing down words was the only response that Death was met with, Sawyer knew that this information would be incredibly useful, not only would it help him generate ideas for future books but it also changed his perception of how he saw his own life… Maybe he could take the risk to go talk to others more openly? He did befriend a deity… So perhaps regular kalons aren’t that bad.

A chuckle came from the undead entity, their little pal was once again too focused on what he was doing to pay attention to them so Death left him to his devices as they got up and grabbed their now empty cup. Creaks of decrepit wooden boards are a bothersome noise, but not when you’ve heard them for centuries… The soul taker didn’t mind that his steps would always produce sound amongst his silent home, Sawyer argued that they needed to be renewed but Death always told him that it gave their floor more personality.

Reaching the hallway, the reaper stopped, as they always did when they were making their way to the kitchen.

There, proudly displayed on a shelf, stood a simple vase with red snapdragons. A long lost present of what once was… Death moved one of their clawed fingers over a petal, admiring the living plant as if they hadn’t done it thousands of times, like each time they passed through this part of their house it was a new and sudden decoration that wasn’t there before.

They could reminisce about the past later, now they had to go wash their cup in the sink…

Gentle humming.

It was something that this kalon deeply loved to do, it kept them entertained when they were busy.

Especially while they were watering their plants, it was spring and now they were in full bloom, their garden was at its most beautiful with its array of colorful flowers.

There was nothing that could ruin the good day that they were having.

Absolutely nothing could ruin their good mood.

So why was the fact that there was nothing to upset them making them feel so frustrated?

Everything has been intact for weeks! No stolen flowers, no crooked stems and no accidentally crushed plants? It didn’t make sense, their garden was in a condition that was way too perfect… What was going on? There wasn’t anything out of place and that… Doesn’t feel right.

The thoughts swarming their head weren’t helpful at all, with a huff they set down their watering can, perhaps a small break would make them feel more relaxed? Yes, it sounded like a good idea. When entering their home, they took off their gardening gloves and carelessly threw them on the floor, the annoyed kalon could put them in place later.

THUMP

…Okay maybe they should have kept their strength in mind when they’re mad, they flinched at the loud noise of their closet door hitting the wall beside it, had they opened it any harder the door would’ve torn off its hinges.

They looked inside for a change of clothes and then… They saw it.

A simple glass of water with wilted and rotting snapdragons in it.

Life sneered at the sight, why hadn’t they thrown that poor excuse of a gift away yet? It was pathetic, the flowers weren’t even inside of a pot! Aside from them being dead that is, they hated that the most about it… And it’s not like these particular snapdragons could actually completely decay, they were special, grown in a land from where they grew up in an already sorry state.

They tried to ignore it, they really did… As best as they could even, they didn’t want to recover any of the memories that were deep inside of their subconscious. Something stirred inside of them though, an uncomfortable and unknown feeling. This emotion made them want to barge in and remove Death’s companion. The wilting immortal didn’t deserve company, not when Life didn’t get any either. They wouldn’t allow it, never.

How were they aware that their beloved counterpart had a friend? Well, it was a discovery that they didn’t want to make, they were just curious that day… Wanting to see what had made Death leave their life for apparent good.

They didn’t see it coming.

The crimson deity had flown over to the reaper’s home, it seems that they still knew where to go even if many decades had passed… There’s just some things that you sadly can’t forget, and this was one of them. Hiding up high in a tree branch, they observed the home of their undead opposite, it seemed to be quiet… Did they go there in vain? Was nobody home? Was their trip completely useless?

Oh.

Oh.

No it was not.

A golden kalon was approaching the house carefully, his steps nervous but not in a fearful way, it just seemed that he was excited to be there. Huh, strange… How odd, Death never had any visitors before, who was this? What were they doing there? And… Wait, what was that? What were they carrying?

A bag was the most visible thing but… No, that was irrelevant, in their paws they were clutching a bouquet of flowers… flowers that seemed achingly familiar… It couldn’t be, no, why… Why did it have to be those flowers?

Snapdragons.

The last strand of Life’s self control snapped, and the kalon landed with a graceful flutter. They stormed to the house of the subject of their anger “You’re recruiting others to steal from me now?!” they asked with rage laced in their voice.

The flowers that the shy kalon was holding were suddenly dropped to the ground as he squeaked in fear, angering the creator of all living things was a truly terrifying sight to behold, in a blind panic he rushed to hide behind his undead friend, for he had no idea what to do in this situation.

“And now you’ve resorted to watching me while I’m not looking and invading my territory?” spat back the reaper, for once not hiding the anger that they felt, they could handle any hateful comments and fireballs that Life would throw at them… But accusing them of using Sawyer as a pawn just to steal some flowers?

That was unacceptable.

The writer anxiously looked back and forth between both god-like beings, feeling the tension in the air around them, he wasn’t sure what to do… If there even was something that he could do, he was just a regular kalon, there was no way that his input would matter when it came to these discussions… And yet… He opened his mouth to speak, to try and say something, anything at all…

A decayed finger slowly raised and settled itself on the golden kalon’s snout, prompting him to stay quiet as two red pupils turned to stare at him, their size had drastically decreased and they just looked like small red dots.

Smoke billowed from Death’s irises in harsh waves, Sawyer knew very well that they couldn’t control it, it only happened when they were feeling intense emotions… That was when it dawned on him just how serious the situation actually was, it was quickly spreading and surrounding the three kalons.

“Leave them on the living room table, I’ll meet you there soon.”

Even with fury coursing through their veins the reaper still let their fondness for their companion show itself, their voice soft spoken and controlled since they didn’t want to snap at the other and upset him.

Confusion was the first thing that Sawyer felt, leave what on the living room table? He thought, head tilting in an unspoken question until he noticed the snapdragons that were laying on Death’s doorstep, oh! Right… The flowers, he had completely forgotten about them… Stepping out from behind the undead one he rushed to grab them and sprinted inside the old home, trying his best to not think about the fiery gaze that was directed towards him from the intruder… It held the promise of many threats, the writer shivered as he put the flowers down where he was told to, curling up on an armchair afterwards and hoping that neither of the deities got hurt.

On the outside… Death glared at their opposite, the smoke was at its most potent now, they could barely see Life by that point so they breathed in deep, trying to calm themselves in fear of acting without thinking.

“Could you not have waited after Sawyer went inside first? Your problem is with me, there was no need to frighten a poor mortal.” the reaper reasoned, not bothering to hide the spite in their tone at the way that Life acted, it was so childish!

“Sawyer? Oh, so you’re on a first name basis with this kalon? Friendly with your thieves are you?” Life was furious, they couldn’t believe the nerve of them! The pure audacity that Death had to do something like this…

“If you even stopped to think about things for a second you’d realize that the snapdragons that Sawyer gave to me were bought from a flower shop with his own money, he got them fairly, there are no flowers missing in your garden so stop trying to pick a fight with me! It’s because of your assumptions that we’ve been acting like this for centuries, you still haven’t tried listening to the explanation as to why Limbo is DEAD!” yelled out the undead one, growing progressively more agitated as they spoke, it was just so frustrating that no matter how much they wanted to, their words wouldn’t be heard due to Life’s weird defiance.

Suddenly… Everything was still.

The undead one was expecting a comeback, there was always something that their opposite had to say to them, a reply itching to free itself from the tip of their tongue… But there was no response, just Life’s rigid body standing in front of them, motionless… They could pass off as a statue from how still they were.

Confusion set in, what was going on? Was it something that they said? The reaper repeated in their mind what they had just uttered…

Oh no.

They froze as well, blood turning cold as they processed their statement… It was the one event that the two deities had an unspoken agreement to not ever bring back up, and now it was vocalized out loud.

A small crackle broke through the quiet, a sound that Death knew all too well, their healed burn mark stung in reaction to the fire starting to form underneath Life’s paws. Cautiously, they got into a defensive stance, this wasn’t what they wanted! It was supposed to be a regular day where the reaper got to enjoy Sawyer’s company as they chatted over coffee and tea, not bracing themselves to face their ex-friend’s unpredictability.

“...Listen, I didn’t mean to say that, we can just forget about it and go back to fighting over flowers okay?” they pleaded, hesitant to speak up as if it would trigger a terrible reaction from the other… Which it might, just because there wasn’t an attack yet didn’t mean that Death was safe… They didn’t mind battling with Life, really, however they knew that if this situation escalated they wouldn’t come back unharmed… Not that they cared much about their physical well-being, but it was different now, important because they didn’t want to worry Sawyer. What if in the middle of their fight he was caught in the crossfire and got hurt?

It seems like their prayers weren’t answered though, the crimson kalon just slowly stalked towards them, their face looking serene in what would appear to be a perfectly tranquil expression, as if the previous anger was nowhere to be found.

Death knew better than that though, although this was the most tame that they had seen Life be towards them, the reaper’s guard was up, they were not willing to back down… This was their mistake, they would face the consequences accordingly.

There was barely any distance between them now, both of them were staring into each other’s eyes, trying to analyze what the other was thinking just by looking at each other… The undead one noticed movement out of the corner of their eye and their gaze darted towards it, Life’s paw was rising up, there were no flames covering it… It was hard to trust it, what were the intentions of the creator of all living beings? Death had no idea what to do, so they did nothing, they just waited to see what would happen.

That turned out to be the wrong choice.

The paw that was so gentle in its quests to bring creatures into existence clutched onto the inky sludge just above Death’s ribs, black slimy liquid dripped down from their bones onto the soft grass below… The reaper’s breathing grew heavier in alarm, all living beings have something that powers them, for most… It tends to be a heart, but since they function differently from regular kalons, the deity doesn’t have what would be considered a “normal” one. In its place is instead an amorphous mass that holds all their power, and Life was gripping it with a terrifying amount of strength.

Death tried to choke out a question, they wanted to know what in the world their counterpart was doing, what they were going to ask as their mouth opened soon turned from what was meant to be words into a loud scream.

Life’s paw was set ablaze like a match, their fire becoming brighter as the heat rose from all of the energy they were placing onto it… It was meant to hurt, to burn, to make a lasting impact so that Death would never forget it. They needed to make it worse than what they had done to their cheek.

The victim of the cruel treatment couldn’t do much else besides yell out in pain, this was… Something was very, very wrong. Sure the two opposites had many disagreements in the past and fought on occasion but this… It actually felt like Life was trying to kill them.

In a flash, as a result of blind panic, their paw reached out to Life’s chest and bony claws sunk into the bright red fur that was in the shape of a heart. Just like Death, the crimson one also had a part of their body that was used to store power… Their most vital points were easily accessible to anyone, or so it looks, but no random kalon could touch them, there was a barrier in place… A barrier that only other god-like kalons could surpass.

This is probably the most glad that Death has ever been about being a deity, they didn’t want to hurt Life but they weren’t going to let themselves burn alive from the inside, they just needed to make them let go…

The fur that adorned the front of the fire wielder began to turn white, and some of it started to fall to the ground. The reaper hated this ability of theirs, all it took was putting their withered paw on top of whatever they wanted and wishing for it to decay, little by little it would decompose until it was unrecognizable.

Life hissed at the feeling, the more fur that fell… The weaker that the creator got, they wouldn’t give up though… Give up on what? They weren’t sure, but they couldn’t quit now! Not when they were so close, just a little bit more and-

A voice rang out from the doorway of Death’s home. Sawyer woke up from his nap, seeing two colors of magic just outside the window he was sleeping in front of. Blinking, he rushed outside, hearing the voice of his friend. He gasped at the sight he saw, the reaper and Life were in the midst of a fight! He ran and pushed the two apart, taking the impact of the powerful spells that hit him square in the chest from both sides.

The two stopped in their tracks, watching as the golden Kalon fell in front of them, unmoving. While Life and Death had very different views on many things, they could both agree that hurting mortals was something that they would never do, and yet… Here they were, both injured and with a mortal that could be severely wounded, they had never used their magic on someone that wasn’t immortal so both deities had no idea what effects Sawyer was feeling…

Although Life had a sort of… Jealousy towards the unconscious Kalon in front of them, they… They would never truly wish to kill something that they made with their own paws, so they reached out to try and see if the golden one’s heartbeat was still steady.

Rather… They tried reaching out, they didn’t end up being successful.

A loud growl reverberated through Death’s chest, they hunched over Sawyer, a clear warning that if Life came any closer the reaper would probably finish what was started by them. Their counterpart wisely backed away, not wanting to provoke the other further and risk critical damage, but they needed to convince the undead one that they could help.

“Step aside Death, I want to check his heartbe-”

“Leave.”

“You don’t understand, I could heal your friend, there will be no risk of him dy-”

“Leave, Life. I will not repeat myself again.”

Life wasn’t able to keep themselves from flinching, they had never heard their opposite’s voice sound so cold and detached… Not wanting to make an already horrible situation worse, they turned around and extended their wings, ready to take a flight back home.

“If your friend over there stops being among the living… Think about this moment, you’ll regret not accepting my help” was the only thing they had to say before they left.

It was the best thing they could think of in reply to Death’s words, they were just too shaken up to speak anything else. Life also felt a sense of… Emptiness? That was new.

Is this what it feels like to not be listened to?

Last edited by Gasparluna844 on Sun May 22, 2022 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☠️ Too Many Thoughts... 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:59 am

Beep, beep, beep!

A paw harshly came down onto the poor, unsuspecting clock, effectively silencing it. The owner of said paw groaned in annoyance, they didn’t want to get up yet! Just five more minutes, it wasn’t like they had anything to do… Or… Could do in the state they were in.

Knock knock

From the mess of blankets came a frustrated growl, it was way too early for this! They took a peek from out of their cocoon, wishing that by some miracle their gaze would convince the person on the other side of the door to go away.

“My magnificence, may I please come in? It’s time for breakfast.”

Life sighed in defeat, they really couldn’t just hope that keeping quiet would make one of their staff go away it seems…

“Let yourself inside Fungi” was the short, curt response.

The bedroom door was gently opened and a brown kalon with mushroom markings stepped in carrying a tray with a platter of pancakes and a glass of strawberry juice, he walked over to the nightstand and set the tray down before turning his attention to his superior.

“How are you feeling this morning? Any better?”

The crimson kalon raised themselves up into a sitting position, taking into account the current limitations of their body as they stared into the wall ahead of them. Life stood still and didn’t utter a word as they gathered their thoughts, or… Tried to, their mind was empty, muted, it felt like a void… There was one thing that they processed though, the single thing they could count on:

They were alive.

“Miserable, Fungi… Hand me the food please”

The servant dutifully nodded and gently placed the tray on the deity’s lap, using one of his paws to point at it “Eat up! It’ll make you feel less cranky” he replied, moving to sit in an armchair next to the bed of his master.

Silence settled between the two kalons, it wasn’t the most comfortable one because of the tension that always seemed to linger around the creator of all living things but… It was not the worst. Life picked at their food with a fork, not too keen on eating, eventually raising a piece of pancake to their mouth, albeit slowly. Fungi grabbed their sketchbook, scribbling about the new growing mushrooms that he found in the nearby forest, glancing from time to time at their injured… Friend? Companion? He… Actually didn’t know what to call the one beside him, they liked keeping a certain distance and he didn’t want to overstep his boundaries by asking to know the godly being on a deeper level… So Fungi simply maintained their conversations casual, he knew there was no way things would go wrong if he just didn’t pry into the life of the other.

“By the way… There’s some flowers in the garden that are starting to wither away, I don’t know how long that’s been happening… ” he mentioned, hoping that it’d coax the moping kalon into speaking.

The pair of eyes that glanced over at him told Fungi that he was successful.

“...Withering? That can’t be… Surely you’re mistaken, which flowers are you talking about?”

“Oh, the ones tucked away in your altar, you know, the red snapdr-”

“WHAT?”

The sudden outburst made the mycologist jump in fright, nearly dropping his sketchbook and accidentally drawing a large line over his mushroom diagram, Fungi then turned his head to look at the now clearly agitated kalon.

“Y-Yes… They’re in pretty bad shape, probably have been for a while actually… B-But they can be saved! It’s not too late yet!” he added, realizing that he’d gotten himself into a bad situation with someone that can easily snuff his life out as if he were a small candle.

The bedridden deity felt small sparks start to ignite in their paws, slamming a fist down and making the bed creak in discomfort as their face contorted into a nasty snarl.

“I cannot believe that scoundrel came back into my garden while I’m at my weakest, used their powers on what’s mine and worst of all... It was my snapdragons! Oh, if I… If I just… I should’ve killed them when I had the chan-”

“STOP!”

Silence fell in the room once more, but it was different this time, nobody moved a muscle… Life set their gaze on Fungi, and the poor kalon had to fight the urge to recoil out of self-preservation, instead he grabbed onto the deity’s arms and lifted them up so their palms didn’t touch the bed.

“You… You were going to set the bed on fire!” rasped the nervous servant, taking a moment to catch his breath, it felt like he was trying to lift a statue from how stiffly the godly being’s arms were locked in place. Without a moment of hesitation, he continued “Nobody came here, nobody. Death hasn’t gone outside ever since your confrontation with them, they can’t be the one to blame every single time for goodness sake! Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, if you think everyone else is the problem except for you that… You’re the true problem?” asked Fungi, hoping that his burst of bravery wouldn’t receive harsh consequences.

There was no immediate response and Fungi closed his eyes in anticipation of a strike that never came. Instead, all he heard was a sigh, and the servant opened his eyes to stare at a… Disturbingly calm Life, the deity just looked at him, completely defeated.

“To think that I would reach this point, where I’m so weak that I can’t even take care of the flowers that are dear to me… I… I-I can’t have them die, they’re like a representation of who I am… I’d just be losing a part of myself.”

Fungi faltered but replied nonetheless “I see… But you can always replace them.” he offered.

“Replace them? As if, it isn’t the same… Limbo wasn’t replaceable either, Fungi!” growled out the other.

The mycologist flinched before actually taking in what Life said, that was new… Who were they talking about?

“...Limbo?”

It felt like the mortal was walking on eggshells just by speaking that name out loud, he saw the tension in the crimson kalon’s body rise, realizing that this might be a very sensitive topic… However, he needed to know more, this was the most that Fungi had ever learned about them.

“Yes, Limbo. Back then things weren’t as simple as Life and Death, there was a third kalon… And they were the middle ground between the two extremes: me and my counterpart. If any living being was gravely injured, which happens to be a very common occurrence, they would help us determine whether they were too weak to live or still had enough strength in them to not die. While we waited for their decision to be made, they kept that creature in a deep sleep, going into their dreams to check if they were closer to the light than the darkness or vice-versa… Until they could finally say with confidence what we should do with them.” explained the deity, their tongue felt heavy, they hadn’t spoken about their past friend for so long…

“And… Why are they not with you two anymore?” Fungi asked, knowing what the answer probably was but still wanting to hear it.

“Died… Death did it.” was the curt, monotone response.

Life’s small servant couldn’t help but feel sympathy for the kalon in front of him, he understood why they acted out so irrationally now, they hadn’t yet been able to deal with the fact that not only did their friend pass but also that their other friend was the one to make that happen. Yet… It didn’t feel right, he had heard enough about Death to gather that there was no way they would just… Willingly do that, but he would only know what truly happened if Life found out the truth first, as he wasn’t allowed to cross over the border to the reaper’s territory.

“I’m sorry for your loss, really, I am… But surely you must see that from all the times you’ve stormed in and complained about Death to me that they tried talking to you, tried explaining what happened, that can’t be the full story.”

“I don’t care about the full story Fungi! They just take everything from me, that’s why I have to make more living beings, so they can’t catch up to me.”

“Do you not get that all it does is overwork both of you? This isn’t healthy! Death has to reap so many souls daily from how many creatures and plant life exist in the world… And for every life they take with them you create five more!”

“Life is precious, Fungi, it must be protected, it doesn’t deserve to be taken! It has to be safe… Safe from all of the dangers the world has to offer, at any point you could die, don’t you realize how horrifying that is? That no matter what you do your fate is inevitable? That your choices are meaningless? You have to be so careful with yourself, why would you take risks if you know that there’s a chance you can wind up dead? That’s how I see my job, how I witness life… I bring beauty to the world and for what? It’ll only be stolen from me, everything is… So that’s why I try so hard to postpone it. If I can prolong the life of another I have succeeded, even if it means that they’re suffering… My creations will last for as long as they can, and I make sure of that.”

“Is that why you’re so insistent on me not leaving your home?”

Life looked away from their servant, fidgeting with their bedsheet nervously, they didn’t want to open up to the mycologist so much and now they’ve spilled everything out of their chest… What a terrible day this was.

“Nothing can harm you here, the outside world is unpredictable though, you never know what might happen… But you can live your life to the fullest, just keep in mind that any meaning you try to apply to life itself is, to me, nonsense. It’s only a way to keep you sane, mortals can’t face the reality that they were put into the world by mere chance, not because there’s some special purpose for them… You’re here to live your short years and die by the end of them, that’s all.”

Fungi simply exhaled and moved to sit down beside Life, turning his head to look at them with a soft but stern stare “...I do not need your protection, thank you for your concern nonetheless, I’m also perfectly aware of my own mortality and don’t mind the fact that I’ll be dead one day. Most mortals are obviously afraid to die, for many different reasons of course… But it’s something that we know has to happen, we were made to be this way for a reason and I personally think that not being able to live forever is beneficial. We are capable of cherishing everything around us and what we do much more knowing that one day we’ll have to part with it, along with the fact that death is freeing… This might be surprising to you but life can be extremely tiring, especially as you grow older, so it’s nice to be lifted of any burdens that we have to deal with and finally be able to rest for all of eternity. When I eventually move on to the afterlife… Please don’t cry over me being gone, smile because I existed alright?”

Life was left speechless, they couldn’t believe what they were hearing, and from a mortal too! To think that most god-like kalons, including them sometimes, underestimate how wise regular kalons can be… They live so little time compared to them, of course they take the few years that they have to learn as much as they can and reflect over their purpose. The deity opened their mouth to say… Something, they honestly weren’t sure what, but they were quickly shut up by Fungi pressing one of his paws against their snout.

“Just go to Death, give them a chance to talk please… I mean this Life, you can redeem yourself and put this chapter in your book to a close. I won’t force you to do it, I am just a part of your staff after all, but I think it would be petty of you to continue this never-ending battle of wits after what we just discussed. Have a good rest of your morning, I’ll see you at lunch.”

And so, the mycologist left the crimson kalon’s bedroom without another word, making sure to grab the food tray with a now empty plate and glass on his way out.

Alone with only their thoughts, the deity repeated what their servant had told them over and over in their mind, moving to lie down before a sharp pain coursed through their chest. With a hiss, their paw grabbed hold of the bandage that was wrapped around their injury, Life had almost forgotten about their last confrontation with their counterpart and the reminder was not exactly welcome. They frowned, their resentment bubbling back up until their mind replayed Fungi’s speech again.

Maybe they’d consider going to pay Death a visit.

There they were again, this was becoming oddly familiar, like a habit almost.

Standing in front of Death’s door, the last time they were here everything escalated way too quickly… Life can admit it, their temper had gotten a little too out of hand. They raised their paw to knock at the door before realizing it was actually already open, maybe the house was empty? But for the reaper to leave their home unlocked for just anyone to walk inside was rather careless. Well, not that they really care, it gives them easier access to their counterpart’s house so they won’t complain about it.

Stepping inside, they could see that it was very unkempt: the interior decorations were dusty, a couple of cobwebs littered the ceiling, even the floorboards seemed to creak more than usual. Life fought the urge to cringe in disgust, Death wouldn’t stoop so low… Would they? I mean, their home was old but they always took good care of it, now it looked… Truly decrepit. It also didn’t help that the place was eerily quiet, they wouldn’t let themselves get creeped out though, so they began making their way through the hallway.

Then… They saw it.

It was hard not to notice it, after all, it was probably the thing that had the most color out of everything they’ve seen so far.

A vase of red snapdragons.

No, not just a random one, it was… The vase.

One that was offered by a younger Life to a younger Death, from a friend to a friend, something that the other could take care of without it withering away.

The deity leaned their face close to it, the flowers were in great shape and the vase was dust free, Life’s cursive writing of the other’s name was also still perfectly legible. Part of them thinks it was well maintained just because Death wanted to prove that they could keep it alive but a smaller, more hopeful, part of them wonders if they didn’t throw it away because they still care about Life.

Shaking their head to clear their thoughts, they turned their gaze away from the snapdragons and continued walking along the hallway before they stopped at the front of Death’s bedroom. There seemed to be a soft sounding noise coming from the inside and Life noticed that the door was ajar, so they took the opportunity to peek in.

There they were, in all their glory, sitting on top of their bed next to the golden kalon that had suffered a direct hit from both their magic. Their bony hand gently caressing his hair as they appeared to be… Singing? So that’s what the noise was. Their companion was still motionless, eyes closed in what seemed to be a peaceful sleep if you didn’t look into it further.

“Did nobody teach you that it’s rude to stare?”

Two red irises now locked onto Life, they gave up their hiding place and opened the door to face Death directly.

“You know, you should probably clean up your house, I might develop allergies from how much dust everything has collected.”

“What do you want Life?”

“Straight to the point aren’t you? I’m here to help your little friend.”

The creator of all living things approached the bed carefully, not wanting to upset their counterpart as looked at the injured kalon. He didn’t have any physical injuries, which was worse, the problem was solely focused on the inside and that made it harder to determine what’s wrong.

“Help? What, pray tell, made you change your mind so suddenly?”

Life tilted their head up to look at Death, trying to appear nonchalant as their tail nervously moved from side to side, they didn’t know if their reason would be enough to convince the other that they should stay.

“I had a chat with one of my staff, you could say he’s my… Confidant. He’s brought some things to my attention and shed light on some matters, along with insisting that I talk to you so… Here I am.”

An eye roll was the initial response, not a great start.

“Of course you only came here because someone convinced you to, I know that you’d never think of this idea yourself”

Life glanced at the wall beside them, their paw mindlessly drawing a pattern on the floor

“It’s kind of hard to think of anything else besides how upset you are when one of your friends dies Death, my servant helped me snap out of it somewhat.”

A sigh came from above.

“I’m aware, although I’m not pleased that you’re here… I’m glad at the same time, you have it easier than me when it comes to healing others. Have you finally put Limbo aside?”

The name still made the deity’s heart ache, and this time they resigned themselves to it. They wouldn’t lash out at the mere mention of Limbo again, they were just… Tired now, is this how Death usually feels?

“Actually, that’s one of the reasons why I came here… Tell me what happened to them.”

“...What?”

“Tell me the truth, Death… Please.”

The reaper’s eyes widened, of all the things they were expecting to be asked to do, telling their side of the story wasn’t one of them. However, there was no way they would pass up the chance to lift off the weight that has been hanging over their shoulders for centuries so, with a deep breath, they began:

“Do you remember that day when the three of us were playing in Limbo's backyard? At one point you went back inside to get snacks for us, that was… Pretty much when everything went wrong. We were all just starting to get a hold of our powers and Limbo said that they wanted to spar with me, as training for when we would need to have future…‘Godly fights’ as they put it, with kalons of our strength and of course, we fought with the help of our magic. It wasn’t something that was meant to be actually serious, it was like a very dramatic theater play if I’m being honest, and eventually they managed to pin me down. Not wanting to lose, I impulsively sent a burst of energy at their chest… I didn’t yet understand what kind of power I was sending out to attack, I would soon come to learn which one it was when I felt them collapse on top of me like a fish out of water. I panicked and rolled them off of me, desperately trying to shake them back to life until… I saw it: There was a wisp of bright light beside me, and that was when I realized I had just ripped their soul out of their body. Unfortunately, once the soul is out it can never be put back in… Sadly that was when you returned, walking in on me standing over Limbo as I was trying to push their soul back inside their body… I can’t blame you for reacting the way you did, if I was you I’d react the same way. I thought of myself as an absolutely despicable kalon for years after that, it’s still hard to let go of it even if I’ve come to terms with what I’ve done.”

Life’s paws were digging into the hard wooden floor in an attempt to ground themselves, they couldn’t help the uncontrollable tremors in their body. Fungi was right, they’ve known Death for years before the incident, obviously they wouldn’t have done it out of their own volition. If only they had listened to what their counterpart had to say, perhaps both of them wouldn’t have gotten into such a long-winded and exhausting mess of a misunderstanding.

“I… I’m sorry Death, I really should have let you explain yourself in the past. We would’ve avoided so much conflict if I had known your point of view that day. I don’t want my actions to be understood, I know you, you wouldn’t have reacted the same way. There was no excuse for me to continue lashing out at you for years and years… That fateful morning I made everyone I knew turn against this shy, sweet kid and spoke about them as if they were a heartless monster… I made so many kalons and other creatures alike fear you, tormented you for years. To think that I really thought I was right in that situation, even if you had ended Limbo’s life on purpose I would’ve been just as bad as you, if not worse. It’s my fault we both turned out this way, and I sincerely apologize for what I’ve done and said to you.”

A bony paw reached out to grab Life’s face gently, and a finger started wiping away the tears that had begun to slide down their cheeks. The owner of the finger tilted the deity’s chin up and they were met with a soft smile being directed at them.

“You’ve listened to me, apologized and recognized your misdeeds… Thank you. This does not mean I forgive you though, far from it, it’ll take a while for me to be able to accept your apology. It also won’t be easy for you to regain my trust, and to achieve the same level of friendship we had in the past, if that’s even possible anymore. But these are great first steps regardless, I’m proud of what has happened today between us. Now come on, get up on the bed next to me, the floor isn’t very comfortable.”

Life’s heart thundered in their chest as they returned the other’s smile, although theirs was more shaky. Slowly, they climbed up on the soft mattress and sat down beside Death, this was the closest that the two gods have been to each other without the reason for their closeness being a fight and it felt… Different, like two friends just chatting about their day.

“Thank you as well, that means more to me than you’ll ever know… I’ll prove to you that I’m capable of change, of being the kalon that you once knew.” they promised, a paw setting itself on their chest like in the old days, promises were kept safe in the heart.

“By the way Death, what did you do with… What remained of Limbo anyway? I know when I came back that day, I startled you so bad that you let their soul go and it flew away but… What about the rest?”

The reaper pointed at one of their cheeks with a claw, it was the same one that got a burn mark from the fight they had in the forest with their counterpart “Do you remember this day?”

Life’s ears pinned back, nodding in shame “I do, it was when I confronted you about stealing flowers from my garden.”

Death closed their eyes and a small light came from their paw, it soon faded and their gaze locked onto Life. They opened their paw to reveal a charred flower, its beauty lost to a tremendous blaze.

“I’m sure you’ve also seen these right?”

An eyebrow raise came from the other deity.

“Of course I have, it was one of the many flowers you took that I burned afterwards, what are you getting at?”

Their counterpart chuckled, laughing harder when they noticed that Life began to pout because they weren’t understanding what was going on. When they calmed down, they handed the crimson kalon the burnt flower and pointed at it.

“These were decorating a grave weren’t they?”

“Yes, but why does that mat-”

A look of realization crossed Life’s face, their eyes widening as they stared back and forth between the flower and Death, shocked at what had just been revealed to them.

“Were these… For Limbo’s?...”

“They were.”

It felt like everything came crashing down with what they’ve been told, their entire perspective on that day was completely shattered. They destroyed the flowers that were meant to honor Limbo.

“I… I-I can’t believe I-”

“I know, but I’m sure they don’t hate you for it.”

A gentle paw caressed the ashy petals of the dead flower, giving it a featherlight kiss before returning it to Death so they could send it back to the spirit realm.

“I never knew Limbo got a grave…”

“They didn’t, I had to make it myself… Before our confrontation I renewed it entirely, even went so far as to change the soil to a new, healthy one instead of keeping it as it was.”

The reaper felt a paw place itself on their shoulder, they glanced at Life and saw a very determined expression on their face, they could immediately tell the other was planning something.

“I’ll replace the flowers I’ve ruined with new ones. I’ll give you the ones from my altar in their place.”

“Wait… Those? Are you sure? I know how important they are to you…”

“It’s because they’re important to me that I’m willing to give them up, it took me almost losing them entirely to understand that. You’ve sacrificed your reputation to get Limbo the previous flowers, now I’ll make the sacrifice of giving up something very dear to me… An eye for an eye.”

“You really don’t have to do this though.”

“But I want to.”

Life froze as they felt a pair of arms wrap around them, barely being able to process that they’ve just been hugged. It felt just like old times, but now Death had finally been the first to initiate it. Slowly, carefully, they returned the embrace, melting into the soft touch of their counterpart.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

Both kalons stayed like that for a while before separating, they looked at each other and smiled. Their issues haven’t been fully solved, but they felt that they regained a level of companionship that had been buried in the past. Now it was time to focus on another problem.

“I’d say it's about time I help bring your friend back to the land of the living.”

Death nodded, starting to lift themselves off of the bed to give Life space to work “I’ll let you do what you need to do.”

Before the reaper could go anywhere they felt a paw grab their wrist and pull them back down. They turned to look at the other, perplexed.

“I think I’ll need an extra set of paws for this.”

“You want… Me? To aid you?”

“Do you see anyone else in this room? Of course I want you to help me Death!”

“My powers aren’t made for heal-”

“You can tell me where his soul is and give me strength with your magic. I’m pretty sure that’s the damaged part.”

Death could tell that Life wouldn’t be taking no for an answer, once stubborn, always stubborn… So they gave in and put a paw right where Sawyer’s heart thumped with quiet heartbeats.

“It’s here, souls are always next to the heart.”

The crimson kalon then put their paw beneath the reaper’s own and started sending wave after wave of magic into the writer's chest while Death re-routed their energy so it could be used by Life.

They noticed that their powers were starting to take effect due to the small twitches of Sawyer’s paws, but they weren't enough to wake him up.

“We’re going to have to do something bigger than this… Do you trust me?”

“...I said that it would take me a while to trust you again but I guess I’ll have to ditch that thought for a moment… Yes, I’m going to trust you.”

“Ha ha, very funny… Send me everything you got, all the power you can give!”

Death did as they were told, transferring as much of their energy as possible, feeling themselves start to sweat from the exertion. Life gathered it on their paws and a large fireball began to form until… It came out like a lightning bolt, blinding the room with a bright light.

The two kalons flinched at the harsh glow. When it faded they blinked so their eyes could adjust to the regular lighting, looking down to see the results of their effort.

They were met with a groggy stare from a very confused Sawyer.

Death quickly grabbed the smaller kalon and held him tight “Welcome back Sawyer! I’ve missed you so much my little friend… How are you feeling?” asked the reaper, scanning over the writer to check for any injuries.

Sawyer leaned back, giving the other a sleepy smile “...I’m… Tired… But I’m okay” he replied, trying to reassure them. Soon he noticed Life standing beside Death, and squeaked in fear, tucking his face away in his friend’s fur.

Death chuckled, running their paw through Sawyer’s hair “Good… You don’t need to be afraid of my guest over here, we’ve… Talked some things out.”

“You… Have?” questioned the golden kalon, peeking from his hiding place to glance at Life, still feeling uneasy about the other deity after what he saw them do. He was well aware of what they were capable of.

Life extended their arm forward “We have, it is nice to meet you properly this time Sawyer.” they greeted him, happy to talk to the mortal face to face.

The writer grasped the other’s paw and shook it “It’s… Nice to meet you as well…” he said, feeling shy around the new presence “Did you help Death save me?”

“Yes, I’m sorry for what happened… It must’ve been a terrifying experience for you, no kalon should go through something like that.”

“It’s alright, you’ve made up for it… And it wasn’t that scary, but I did have a weird dream.”

Both deities stared at Sawyer in confusion.

“Dream?”

Sawyer nodded at the question, fidgeting with his paws as he explained further:

“I was in this strange place, there was nothing in it except for gray walls that served as the scenery, me and this… Ghost? I still don’t know what it was. They told me that I would be fine, I was closer to living than I was to dying but they wouldn’t let me wake up until both of you spoke with each other. I think it was probably when you started using your powers to bring me back that they lessened their control over me, it seemed that they were waiting for something though… I guess they heard what they wanted because soon they opened a door that wasn’t there before and told me to walk free. Before I was about to leave they winked at me, they were a peculiar spirit thing… I should write this down, it’s good book inspiration, it could maybe even be a best seller and-”

The writer’s audience tuned his speech out when he started rambling about book ideas, Life and Death shared a look of mutual understanding.

Perhaps the trio never truly stopped being a trio…

“Truce?”

“Truce.”

Now... A look at Life's thoughts about dying:

"YOU MUSTN'T BE AFRAID OF DEATH
you're a deathless soul
you can't be kept in a dark grave
you're filled with God's glow

be happy with your beloved
you can't find any better
the world will shimmer
because of the diamond you hold

when your heart is immersed
in this blissful love
you can easily endure
any bitter face around

in the absence of malice
there is nothing but
happiness and good times
don't dwell in sorrow my friend
"

And... A look at Death's thoughts about living:

"Life is not sweet. One day it will be sweet
To shut our eyes and die;
Nor feel the wild flowers blow, nor birds dart by
With flitting butterfly,
Nor grass grow long above our heads and feet,
Nor hear the happy lark that soars sky high,
Nor sigh that spring is fleet and summer fleet,
Nor mark the waxing wheat,
Nor know who sits in our accustomed seat.

Life is not good. One day it will be good
To die, then live again;
To sleep meanwhile: so not to feel the wane
Of shrunk leaves dropping in the wood,
Nor hear the foamy lashing of the main,
Nor mark the blackened bean-fields, nor where stood
Rich ranks of golden grain
Only dead refuse stubble clothe the plain:
Asleep from risk, asleep from pain.
"

Last edited by Gasparluna844 on Sun May 22, 2022 7:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

Image Image

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☠️ A Dance with a Devil and an Angel... 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:01 am

You've been invited to dance with the deities!

Will you tango with Life?

Or have a waltz with Death instead?

...But why does it feel like when they're singing it's directed at someone else?
(FYI: I know there is a song rated "E" on Life's playlist, I have reviewed the lyrics and there is no profanity, excessive violence or adult material, far from it, it is safe for consumption!)
Last edited by Gasparluna844 on Sun May 22, 2022 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☠️ So... Who Will You Choose? 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:02 am

It's time to make your choice!

Will you work for Life?

[Sign your name here]

Or would you rather work for Death?

[Sign your name here]
Last edited by Gasparluna844 on Sun May 22, 2022 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image Image

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☠️ Roll Credits! 🌹

Postby Gasparluna844 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:03 am

Credits!:

Story by: Gasparluna844 and Furrydogs12
Life and Death's playlists and playlist covers: Gasparluna844
Life and Death's moodboards: Furrydogs12
Life's poem: Quoted from "Rumi: Fountain of Fire" by Nader E Khalili (Author and Translator of Jalaloddin Rumi's original work)
Death's poem: "Life and Death" by Christina Rossetti
Canine skull w/flowers by: Unknown-Artist99 on DA
English Ivy Divider by: Moonlight-pendent13 on DA
Skull in a glass jar by: stressedeyes on DA
Forget-Me-Nots by: pupbloom on DA
Skull in a glass jar 2 by: stressedeyes on DA
Roses by: pupbloom on DA
Canine skeleton by: Unknown-Artist99 on DA
Sunset Clouds by: strobelast on DA
Rain Clouds by: strobelast on DA
Swan Wings by: strobelast on DA
Black roses divider by: ThisPoisonedOne on DA

Image Image

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me