━ and dream again !

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

━ and dream again !

Postby Vivika » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm

xxx
      ┌──⠀Image
      a little hub for all my shorter forms! all entry
      writing is my own, feel free to browse, ahh! ♥

xxx
      ────┐

( stars )
      ( 2021 )
      ( credits )
      (xxxx)

└────────────────────────── ─┘
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ index

Postby Vivika » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 pm

xxx
      ┌──⠀Image
      just a place to organize everything for me! i'll
      update whenever i get the chance! maybe

navigation + index !!
      ✦ page one ✦ page two ✦ page three

others !!
      in the next life

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx//

xxx
      ────┐

( stars )
      ( 2021 )
      ( credits )
      (xxxx)

└────────────────────────── ─┘
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━ and this is madness !!

Postby Vivika » Tue May 24, 2022 12:02 pm

they say love is magical.

a beautiful, wondrous thing with wings sheathed in silver and gilded in gold. it is a bird, strong and free, and its feathers cloak the world in brilliant, unabashed light. light of a thousand shades, prismatic and luminous, chasing away all those fickle shadows.

right now, she’s just that. a bird. a bird of flowing, emerald silks adorned in lacework of silver whorls and jade roses. a bird of ribbons and lace, bells and blossoms, frills and fronds, the ends forever catching the moonlight.

“do you really love him, lez?”

little paws freeze on her silks. wide, hazel eyes catch hers, the stars frozen within his gaze, their dance lost for a heartbeat. for once, it’s serious. narrow and serious. “do you?”

“io.” her little brother’s name on her tongue makes it easier. endlessly easier to lie. a little lie, perhaps, but it still leaves a bittersweet weight on her heart. “i wouldn’t go into this if i didn’t, would i?”

she forces a light laugh, pulling him close. and tonight, cradled in her warmth, he was truly a little moon━just like his name. his silver curls wild and whipping, untame like the luminous face of the dual moons. moons that see all with their gentle gaze, forever existing entities, fading in and out with the seasons, but still all-seeing. and all-knowing.

huffing, he pushes her away, nose wrinkling. “is this about me?”

it’s always about you, io.

“no, no. why would you say that?” she tilts her head. “you shouldn’t worry. evren… he’s honorable. he’ll take care of us.” she taps his nose. “be nice to him, alright? now come, it’s almost time for the ceremony.

“is it because i see things?” his chin quivers, but he lifts it the same. moonlight streams, draping a curtain of light over him, illuminating the deep crease of his brows. tonight, even the moon favors him, seeking truth. “i promise i won’t talk about them, anymore.”

them.

her smile freezes. “io, it’s not about━”

“yes, it is." his claws tear into the grass. "i know you love the village━i don’t even wanna go to venezia and live like all those rich brats. we can stay here like you always wanted. you said we’re safe here.” his head lifts, hazel eyes pleading. “you don’t have to do it for me, lez.”

she swallows. if love is light, then it is all-revealing, all-knowing and all-seeing. it is brilliant and blinding like the light of the twin moons setting the ceremonial clearing with its delicate silver ornaments ablaze. it reveals all.

and io… he sees all. he sees too much.

with a tossle of his curls, she snorts. “i like evren. he’s… nice. really nice.”

“but you don’t love him.”

“i-”

his chin jerks, eyes flashing. daring her to deny it.

and she couldn't. even as her little brother… he was right. he knew her well. too well. as his back turns and he dashes from the ceremonial clearing, she doesn’t have the heart to call him back.

not to smother him with another lie.

《★★★》

she does not expect him to return.

how could she? perhaps it was a blessing he wasn’t a witness. not to this. she'd defile the most sacred of ceremonies, the vow between loves, by pretense and masks. after this, live a lie. a happy lie, perhaps, but one the same.

this is for you, io.

as she glides down the clearing, her emerald silks fall, cascading behind her. it’s a dance of a bird meeting her lover to the melody of a love-song, but right now in all her silks… it’s like she’s a ghoul instead. a freakish ghost dressed in extravagant finery, shambling through a tunnel of fire.

at the end of the tunnel, he's there. evren. gold eyes shine like the sheen of a coin freshly forged from flames, only accentuated by the billowing cloak upon his shoulders.

“lezah.” his smile strikes, bright, almost blinding. “you look lovely.”

the moons’ gaze burns, scorching, as she bows in greeting, donning a tight smile. io’s words sear her heart.

'i don’t even wanna go to venezia.
    you said it’s safe here.
    you don’t have to do this for me.'

yes, she does. by the stars, she would.

'i promise i won’t talk about them, anymore.'

them.

those fanged, crooked shadowlings from legends. their voices… like angels. enchanting and melodic, polished with flute and harp, drawing all near. near enough to possess them. only then did their true forms emerge. shadow creatures bearing the forms of wolves, ashen fur streaked with the faint, spectral wisps of fallen victims and eyes darker than the voids of the unknown. the skolýkos.

without a vessel, they were powerless. invisible to the naked eye.
    but not to io. never to io.

silks rippling around her, she leans closer to evren, steeling herself.

forgive me, io. this is the only━

“lez.”

a melody of a familiar voice. a beautiful, enchanting voice. she turns and there, under the twin moons, he stands at the center of the clearing. io. silver curls alive, astray under the silver moons and ornaments, lips drawn in a wild, wild smile.

her heart stutters━

'is this about me?'

yes.
    no.

another lie. this was never just about him. but she let him believe that, because… io is not the only one who sees things.

i do, too.

this whole thing is nothing more than a way out. a way to run. to escape from those shadowlings haunting every living moment, because they exist. and they are alive and well.

io’s silver curls dance, alive, with faint, flickering wisps weaving in and out, warping space and time. shadows crackle, crawling across his back. and his eyes━lovely, hazel eyes━darken into twin voids framed by the last silver strands of dual, weeping moons.

"lez." his voice is dangerous━breathtaking beauty captured in siren’s song. “we’re safe now.”

there is no running. not from this.

“i-io. what have you done?”

(999 words)
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sun May 29, 2022 11:43 am