THE WORLD OF LAE

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

THE WORLD OF LAE

Postby quiche cat! » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:06 am

tryout for the hierophant

- create a new society and tell me about its main culture and traditions
- your society/culture must be brand new, no using old development - however it can be part of an existing world

username + ID: quiche cat! + 430690
name: sadah
society:
Last edited by quiche cat! on Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:07 am

WORLD OF LAE

of which mortals, gods, and creators are discussed.

the world of lae is like many other worlds, in the sense that it is only as unique as the imagination can be. it consists of a natural, eternal hierarchy:
first, the mortals. they are the lowest known beings, and are both loved and hated as such.
second, the gods. they are the middle tier, and can behave much like the mortals, but do not reside on the physical world of lae.
third, the creators. they are the most revered beings of lae, although not many a mortal has either heard of or believes in them.
Last edited by quiche cat! on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:08 am

GODS OF LAE

of which gods are discussed in short.

the gods are tasked with watching over the mortals of lae. they are also able to use those helpless beings like pawns, which unfortunately for them, happens more often than not. being a god is deemed "boring," and therefore they have their "fun" by controlling the lives of the ones "less worthy" than themselves; aka, the mortals.
they are able to write each person's story nearly by hand, both life and death, by visiting the garden of gods.
this garden of gods is exactly what it sounds like: a garden full of flowers, only accessible to the gods. each flower is connected to a soul on lae, making it very easy to control them like puppets.
if it was not already implied, the gods of lae are generally chaotic neutrals, but as of recently, more often than not they are neutral/chaotic evils.
(a certain god-in-training is working on overthrowing and destroying the gods, unbenownst to them, with the help of his faithful friend, yawa.)
Last edited by quiche cat! on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 am

LOCKED MINDS SOCIETY

of which the locked minds society is discussed at length.

the society of locked minds (aka locked minds society, and more commonly, lockeds), consist of the creators and bookkeepers of lae. they do not make worldly decisions like the gods, and instead focus on making sure each and every life and event on lae is watched and documented. truthfully, they are thought to be ghosts because of how rarely they are actually seen. this is probably due to the fact that lockeds are not born with bodies, and therefore have to have the power to manifest and maintain one. so to many lockeds, there's not much point in having a worldly presence as long as they can get their job done. as of recently, bodies are becoming increasingly popular due to a certain annual holiday: the true rain.
during this blessed day, lockeds of all shapes and sizes (with bodies, of course), flock to the atmosphere above the world of lae. they perch on clouds and watch the mortals below, full of excitement and fascination, for once a year, this is the closest they can be to the ones who they spend their lives documenting. it is tradition for each locked to spit into the clouds to wish the mortals good luck for the season. the clouds eventually get heavy and release the good-luck-spits in the form of a heavenly rain, which the mortals have made tradition to catch in cups that they have meticulously crafted for this special occasion. in turn, the mortal then spits in their cup, full of rain, and sets it at their front door to wish good luck and prosperity to all who enter and exit. it is also common for mortals to bring their cups to friends and family whom they cherish, and to pour some of their mixture into the loved ones' cups. it is a sign of great respect, both for the mortals, but also for the lockeds who have shared some of their being with the world of lae. at midnight, all of lae dumps their cups over their heads, and readies themselves for a new day full of luck.

lockeds with bodies have a strong attachment to their hair. the length and cleanliness of it are signs of both age and trustworthiness, for if one is able to stay alive long enough to grow it to great lengths, one must be trustworthy, due to the diligent work they have put in to their job and life. if a locked does not do their job, they will not live very long. termination strikes soon after a locked gives up working, and is decided upon and carried out by the eldest lockeds.
these reasons, among many more, are most likely why lockeds are feared by the gods. whereas gods have bodies and minds that are easily swayed to do evil, lockeds seem to only ever have neutral points of view, and can wander as spirits, which a god cannot even fathom to do.
Last edited by quiche cat! on Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 am

UNLOCKED MINDS DUO

of which the unlocked minds duo are discussed at length.

the duo of unlocked minds (aka unlocked minds duo, and more commonly, the duo) are the overseers of lae. although, they are also realm hoppers who are part of the committee that oversees all realms, and represent world lae in its entirety. these two beings are both immortal and eternal, with physical bodies, unlike the lockeds.
the duo are rumored to have split into two kalons from one being; they are one mind that was broken into two hemispheres and morphed into separate entities. these two entities work together, almost as one, but they are of course, their own selves.
they are true neutrals and know All (everything in existence). this is hard for some to wrap their heads around, though truthfully, it's quite an easy concept to grasp. the duo are blind because they gave up their sight to know All during the creation of both lae and the universe; in simple terms, the duo has technically already seen All in their mind's eye, but their All-knowingness is slowly "unlocked" in their minds. sometimes certain events or conversations trigger these "unlockings".
it has been implied (but not stated), but the duo are, technically, lockeds. they reside with them when they are not realm hopping. it's accurate to describe the lockeds as having been "born" from the duo, whereas the gods and mortals were created by them.

the duo is comprised of sadah and hadas. sadah is the left brain, naturally more logical and orderly. hadas is the right brain, naturally more creative and emotional. they live perfect harmony, always by each other's side.
sadah and hadas have taken the oath of silence, called the "oath of lock and key." this oath states that they cannot, under any circumstances, reveal information they have learned and gained from other realms until the time is right. when the time is right, they converse with the lockeds, and if all agree to share vital information with the next in command, then the gods are informed of whatever it is that needs to be shared. unfortunately, the gods have always believed that they are first in command and therefore entitled to know All, but alas, they are far from stable enough to handle these secrets, as not even the lockeds know All.

whenever a new god is chosen among the gods-in-training, it is tradition for the duo to each pluck out an eyelash and give it to them. although the gods are, as previously stated, fairly corrupt, they comply with this single tradition. the pair of eyelashes are dipped in a bowl of heavenly honey (made from the bees that reside in the garden of gods) and then consumed. as gross as it may sound, the duo are extremely hygienic, and this seemingly useless tradition is actually extremely powerful: the current god now has a small part of the duo inside of them, which in turn, gives them the heavenly abilities they need to control the mortals of lae.
that being said, considering again that a small part of the duo is now part of the god, sadah and hadas can now keep tabs on them. of course, the gods do not know this, and the duo never intervenes, but in the case of a realm-threatening event, the god can be terminated.
there has only been one god terminated from the world of lae; they were named uuyar, and were the first corrupt god of lae in existence. from them spurred an age of corruption, which lae is still currently in (hence why keeba, a god-in-training, wishes to end the reign of the gods).
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me