twotime's haven | stars #1400 entry

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:21 pm

hello! this is where my entry will be posted on cs for stars #1400! Please do not post! Please refer to the linked Google document for the version with the important required info!

Directory
    Cover page - xXx
    Allegiances - xXx
    Chapter 1 - xXx
    Chapter 2 - xXx
    Chapter 3 - xXx
    Chapter 4 - xXx
    Chapter 5 - xXx
    Ending Note - xXx

Thread post - link
    *Google doc link - link

* please refer to Google document link for the required font, text size, spacing, and page amount. Refer to this forum for allegiances, cover page, and when posts have been edited last ! And for the nice easier to read coding then that on the document, of course :'3
Last edited by Deercan on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | cover page

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Snip
Last edited by Deercan on Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: twotime's haven | allegiances

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Allegiances

Farm Cats

Twotime - fluffy blue rosette tabby with pink eyes
Strawberry - fluffy chocolate-ginger tom
Daisytrail - short furred blue molly

The Castle

Haven - old fluffy molly, a norwegian forest cat
Bug - small silver tom with messy fur
Last edited by Deercan on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | chapter 1

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Chapter One

The storm was the worst Twotime, or their parents had ever experienced. It felt like just moments before that Twotime had been sleeping soundly next to their parents, not a care in the world besides what game they'd want to play when they awoke. It was peaceful, this life. Everything was predictable, but that meant it was safe. Maybe if they thought hard enough, and closed their eyes tight and wished really really hard, this would all be true again. The kit scrunched their eyes shut, doing their best to block out the hammering sound of rain around them as the violent storm raged on.

This was unfortunately no use as the fluffy kitten ended up tripping right into a muddy puddle, making their once soft pelt even more drenched and uncomfortably stuck to their sides. There was no time to take a nap and lick the grit off their paws however. The storm was still following, and it was loud. They almost debated sticking mud in their ears to block out the strange, angry sound of the sky's current turmoil. Twotime's parents were running slightly ahead, slowing down and rushing over to the Twotime once they realized their kit had fallen behind. Daisytrail gave them a worried nudge.

"Twotime dear, are you alright? I know it's loud and scary, but your father and I are right here beside you. You're going to be okay, we'll keep you safe." Daisytrail's meow was gentle, her words comforting. Strawberry, Twotime's father, dipped his head in agreement. An agitated tail flick revealed that he was almost done waiting to keep running from the dangerous flash storm however.

Twotime thought for a moment before nodding. If they were being honest, they weren't doing alright. This whole thing was terrifying, how could anyone be remotely calm in this? Their parents both looked more prepared for all this mess then they were. They uttered a small sigh, wishing they could be more brave like them.

"We've got to hurry Daisytrail, this storm isn't stopping anytime soon it appears. I'll carry Twotime." Their father was pacing on the spot, and although his ears were laid back he was standing tall and kept a serious face. After a nod from Daisytrail, he quickly but gently picked up the kit by their scruff, and the family set back off running. Twotime was almost too big to carry though, and although their father was strong Twotime was almost dipped back into the mud a pawful of times. They couldn't complain though, they couldn't run well themself and there were more important things to worry about.

No matter how much the group fled, it seemed like the storm kept following. It seemed as if it had calmed down a bit though thankfully. From where Twotime was being carried, they could just barely make out a big hill in the distance. It was very far away however, and would most likely take another good chunk of day to reach at this pace. A quick fog passed between them though, making the far hill now impossible to see. It also made things much more difficult to navigate. Twotime could just see their mothers tail in front of them through the thick, fuzzy, almost cloud-like fog. Their father kept up the speed though, as well as their mother. Maybe they'd get to that hill soon enough after all.

A strike of lightning flashed through the mist ahead of them and hit the ground, making the earth around them shake. Their fur stood on end, eyes widened. The sound was TERRIFYING! The noise made their parents jump as well, but frozen to the spot unsure of what to do. Twotime's paws were touching the ground, for their father was crouched in fear and shock. Although the lightning strike was the main focus of the group at the moment, Twotime felt.. something cold and heavy surrounded their paws, and an almost familiar sound of something moving fast, and loud.

Before they had time to think or even meow out a warning, the over flooded river swept them off their tiny paws and right into it's watery currents. Twotime let out a shrill squeal in fear and shock, quickly churning their paws in the water in a desperate attempt to stay afloat. They could hear frantic, distressed yowls from Strawberry and Daisytrail, and could just barely make out their fast blurry shapes on the edge of the river. Despite the kit's panicked leg kicks, they were too small and weak, and the river was just too strong. They could make out the shape of one of the cats attempting to get close enough to pull them out of the water, but it was too late.

The cold shock of the river and their exhaustion was just too much, and as the kit was thrown around and downstream in the currents they quickly passed out.

-----|-----

The sun hung high in the sky, its rays warming the pebbles that made up the bank on either side of the now calm river. The river was still a bit wider than usual even after the storm ended, however the once angry current has turned more peaceful and welcoming. Welcoming if you were the type of cat who enjoyed swimming in mud filled dirty water, that is.

An almost unmoving gray shape lay on the pebbles further up the banks of the river. They were still for a few moments more, until their tail swished. A bumblebee buzzed past their ears, causing them to flick. Twotime wearily opened their eyes, quickly closing them again as the bright beams from the sun hit their face. The kit opened them again momentarily, glancing around from where they lay before coughing up water beside them. Yuck. At least all that mud and dirt wasn't clogging their throat anymore, so breathing was much easier now. Their mind raced with thoughts from the previous night. Where did their parents go? Were they okay? How far away were they? Twotime shook their head to clear their messy thoughts as they shakily got up on tired paws and took a better glance around. A loud question entered their mind.

Where am I?

The river had carried them somewhere new, that's for sure. Their surroundings were mostly covered in green, a beautiful mix of vines and flowers alike, some plants they hadn't even seen before! They wanted to go sniff them all, and maybe take a bite. There were more important things to do right now, but a kit gets distracted easily and what's a better distraction to confusing questions with no immediate answers than bright flowers? They carefully padded across the stones, making sure not to slip back into the river. As they got closer to the flowers, they started to notice just how much flora was covering this place. It was.. mysterious but peaceful. They heard birdsong somewhere above as well. It was nothing like the human places they had lived nearby before though, the grass and ferns seemed way more tall here, as if nobody had touched them in moons upon moons.

The kit reached a bush covered with flowers, rubbing against them and purring. They were lost in a strange new place and scared, but the purring helped them calm down a little bit at least. Their gaze caught something behind where they came from- the hill they had noticed in the distance before. It was even bigger from here, and the biggest thing the kit had ever seen!! The climb up looked way too steep for them though.. it would have to wait. They wondered if their parents had made it there, or if they were safe. The thoughts that they might still be lost like them hurt their head, and they put their paws up to their faces to try and hide the thoughts and closed their eyes. It didn't work, and just as before, the kit tumbled over.

They didn't fall into a muddy puddle however. They were stopped in their tumble by.. something. There was something behind the flowers? All they could see was tangled vines and ivy travelling up.. a big rock? Or what they could only assume it was. After a glance up, they almost jumped in shock. Something even bigger than the hill was standing right before them! It seemed to reach up into the sky, and Twotime wondered if it was touching the clouds. It was covered in ivy, but they could see what looked like shaped stone behind it. A massive human place maybe? No, even with two noses they were unable to detect any human smell. It was almost intimidating, but there was an odd soothing comfort to this place. They placed a paw back against the stone wall behind the vines and pawed around, jumping again in shock as their paw went through something. A hole maybe?

They moved the vines out of the way with a paw, peering into what was most certainly a hole in this old stone thing. It was dark. Very, very dark. It was almost like something was calling them inside though.. they tried to shake this thought out of their head however, which to their dismay did not work. Well.. maybe Strawberry and Daisytrail were inside? They didn't scent them here but this thing was huge; perhaps they were on the other side? Their tail flicked, and they scanned the way in apprehensively.

Swallowing a lump of nervousness, the kit took one last look at the looming hill behind them and the river, deciding they'd rather check out whatever this new place was than go to either of those monstrous locations right now. Raising their fur and hackles to seem bigger, and lifting their chin proudly, Twotime slipped through the cracked stone and into the adventure that awaited before them.
Last edited by Deercan on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | chapter 2

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:28 pm

Chapter Two

Well, one thing had remained the same as they made their way through the stone and onto the other side of the strange vine covered structure- it was darker than anything they'd ever seen. The unbroken shadows surrounded the kit as they pushed through that crumbling piece of rock, with stuffy thick air sticking to them like mud. Why was it so hard to breathe in here? Where had the light gone? They could hear their heartbeat quickening in a rising panic. They felt trapped, just the same as last night during the storm when they fell into the river.

The kit pushed forwards and was surprised to feel.. something in front of them. With clear hesitation in their movement, they placed a small paw into the dark in front of them. It was cold beneath their paw pads, but it was not strange. It must be stone, they thought. It felt loose, as if it could be pushed away easily. They felt many cars in the rock, and felt it crumbling just the same. They placed their whole body against the stone, and pushed. It was a quick feeling of shock as it crumbled, letting them tumble through the pile of fallen wall stones on the wall and into the large space before them.

Sunlight hit their face immediately, forcing them to blink a few moments, pupils adjusting to the change in light source. Twotime let out a gasp as they saw the scene before them. This was.. much different then they expected. Pale sunlight filtered through a large window in the upper heights of the wall facing the kit, brightening up the huge room they were standing in. It was similar to the ones they had seen in twolegplace, but much, much bigger. On either side of them was a long, stretching hallway, with many other openings attached to that. They felt like a rat in a maze. Well.. they couldn't just stand here and wait all day for something to happen, as much as they wanted to do that. There was this huge place to explore, and two parents to find.

On clumsy paws the kit started their journey inside the ancient building. They went left, seeing as more light was filling the long corridors that way. Old carpet and stone made up the path they travelled- as well as an overgrowth of various plants and moss that had been inching it's way through the cracks in the stone floor. It was kind of beautiful, Twotime admired, all the strange and familiar plants sprouting up every which way. They had passed quite a few different spots covered in lush moss, right under the sunbeams cast from the many windows.

They were quick to tire and as much as they wanted to just curl up and go to sleep in one of these warm patches, now was not the time. There was adventure awaiting! Big.. scary.. adventure. It suddenly dawned on them once more just how terrifying the concept of this place was. Tiny kitten in a HUGE mysterious building! What if their parents weren't here and they were left to search forever and ever and ever? What if the roof collapsed? What if the exits were destroyed by an evil rabbit who wanted to chase them around for a sick game! What if.. the so fabled vet was here?! There hadn't been any real prominent threats so far but their mind was racing, heartbeat similarly speeding up as they started to panic. They let out distressed mews, closing their eyes and huddling to the floor. They just wanted to go back home! Even if the floods from the storm had ruined everything.. maybe it was still all there? Oh, this was so frustrating for the tiny kit!

Twotime let out another cry, listening to it echo as their meows bounced off the many tall walls of this twisting maze. A few minutes later, they heard the same meow echoing still through the hall they had stopped in the middle of. The meowing wail once more. ...And once more. Their ears pricked at the sound and they glimpsed in the direction of the wails. That.. certainly was not their meow.

Was something, or someone, else here?
Last edited by Deercan on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | chapter 3

Postby Deercan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Chapter Three

Twotime knew right away that this meow did not belong to either of their parents, as they would have recognized their soft mews right away no matter the event. So.. who was making that meow? They couldn't smell any other cats, and their mum said that they had the best detecting nose of all, so this was rather peculiar.
Maybe it was a bird? Twotime knew some of those pesky birds rather enjoyed mocking unsuspecting cats and even smelly dogs at time, so perhaps it was just a large avian of sorts. That had to be it, right? Raccoons and badgers didn't meow, and rabbits certainly did not make any noise at all besides a pitiful squeak upon being caught.

Alas, they were getting distracted. It was time to face the troublesome situation at hand, and they weren't going to cower and hide this time. They were going to show this bird who's boss, and then figure out a way out of here and find their parents on the way. A solid plan if they did say so themselves, absolutely foolproof and guaranteed to go well. Perfect even, I mean, how big could the pesky bird be? And besides, two heads must mean twice the power and skills of course.

They quickly shook any loose bits of dirt off of their pelt, and once more stood on all four paws as they began to take careful steps forwards towards the meow-like noise, which was still ongoing. Their tiny claws were out, digging into the thin covering of moss underneath the kit as they tried to look threatening. Twotime crept closer, narrowing their eyes and tilting their head as the noise became more clear as a calling meow, rather than a mocking call from a stinking bird. No, it HAD to be a bird! They couldn't scent any cat!

Now that they thought of it, they couldn't scent any birds either. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Twotime shook these thoughts out of their head. They wouldn't know what was making this noise until they faced it like any brve kit. Closer now, they reached the corner in the old cracked walls. The source of the sound was just on the other side.

Twotime crouched down, ears flattened back and gaze focused on the prize. They had never hunted before, but they had seen their parents chase prey enough to know what the basics were. They gave their tail a little wiggle, and sprang off around the corner, letting out a triumphant meow as they launched themselves onto that pesky bird.

One problem. This was no bird, not even close. In fact, Twotime was unsure just what this creature was. An animal, of course, and one with lots of fur. Whatever it was, they were HUGE!! The kit had landed on its back, tiny claws digging into fur- not in anger, but in fear of this beast. Was this the hoofbeast that their father had told them tales about? It must be, for it was many times the size of the kit! Twotime paused, in a fearful panic. Their voice was tinged with stress, although they tried their best to keep their tone stern. They didn't enjoying speaking to others all too much.

"Stop, horse hoofbeast! You have been, been caught by the all mighty Twotime!" They paused, unsure of what to do next. The animal had gone silent and still, but was still standing. "Leave this place! You are defeated, pest!" Another pause as they waited to see what they would do. The animal let out a whinny-

No, that wasn't a whinny. Not at all whatsoever. They were.. laughing? What? The fluffy beast gently shook, causing Twotime to tumble off their back and land safely back on the ground. They poofed up their fur and scampered back, to get a better look at the still laughing animal.

"A horse? My my, how silly. Oh dearie me, I've been caught! What ever shall I do now? Oh, the horrors! I shall certainly meet my doom!" Her voice was gentle and old, much like some of the old cats Twotime had met back at their old home. Speaking of which, the kit realized that this was in fact not a horse hoofbeast, but rather.. an extremely large and fluffy molly cat.

The large cat shook her fluffy fur out, ears swiveling. She rested her gaze on Twotime- or moreso beside Twotime. The kit realized her eyes were pale, and unfocused. They had seen a cat with similar eyes to her before once- she must be blind due to her age.

"It's quite a surprise to meet another feline here. It's been so long since another had arrived.." her voice was kind but their was a clear hint of sadness in her meow as she spoke the second line. "Nevertheless, what is a young one such as you doing around here, dearie? Your parents should be around, the castle can be an unforgiving maze to the solo travellers with tired paws. You surely didn't come here alone now, did you?"

Twotime's silence answered this. They hadn't meant to come here alone, but they didn't exactly have a choice with their parents still in who knows where. The old cat spoke again, her tone sympathetic and concerned for the kit.

"Oh, oh dear.. well, you mustn't stay alone like this in the castle, that's for certain. It can get rather chilly in the nights, and you wouldn't want to wake up with a cough from the cold stone! There there, do not fret, I won't let the frost mice nibble at your paws. You're free to come with me," the molly shook her fur out as she bowed her head briefly before continuing, "and no worries, I won't bite, I promise! Do not be intimidated by my size- my fur keeps me warm and scares off any pesky critters." The molly took a few steps forwards, once again pausing as if waiting for Twotime to follow.

The kit stood still, contemplating on what just happened and the decisions before them. They had come here to find their parents, and leave. They had zero plan on staying in this large unfamiliar place. It was strange and the exact opposite of the old cozy farm that had once been their home before the flooding had arrived in the previous nights. Logic told them to stay put, or continue on their search in the opposite direction.

It appeared that their cold paws had other plans however, as they found themself making their way towards the molly cat again. She had been right- night was upon them and Twotime was already beginning to shiver. They didn't want to freeze, and the thought of getting a cough or worse made them anxious. Well.. the old molly did seem to be very kind, and Twotime had heard no malice or trickery in her motherly meows. In fact, the mysterious cat was a surprise to see in this place, but a reassuring one at least. Maybe she'd know where their parents were. Twotime hoped that their parents were somewhere warm, and not freezing their paws off as well.

Twotime caught up with the old she cat, who had admittedly not gotten very far on her old paws, and rubbed against her, purring. It was a sign of trust that Twotime often gave to their own parents. The kit hoped that if this mysterious molly did in any way not trust Twotime, that she would now and that she would be kind to the young kitten. They watched a brief look of surprise cross her face, before she let out a great rumbling purr in response. The cat sniffed around before padding over to a small crevice in the wall, shielded from any hallway breezes, and covered in comfy moss that had grown over any spots of cold stone. She kneaded the moss before laying down in the spot, leaving some room in the makeshift nest.

"I suppose we can rest here for tonight, it's much too late for either of us to continue our walk. Here, young one, you may come rest here as well. I know it's not the grandest, but it'll do for now. Besides, any mossy spot can be made a proper nest with one simple thing- someone to sleep in it!" She briefly let out a purr of laughter, nodding at the kit to join her. "Say now dear, what did you say your name was?"

Twotime came and curled up next to the molly, letting out a small but tired mew. She had been right, the nest was indeed comfy. She gently curled her fluffy tail around Twotime, like a bundle of the softest feathers one could ever imagine. It brought the kit memories of when her father would curl his fluffy tail around Twotime on those similar chilly days at the barn, when the hay, loose chicken feathers, and woolybeast fur wasn't enough to keep out the frost. Twotime missed those days.. they wondered if their parents were also in a cozy nest for the night, safe from any harm. They really did hope so.

"Oh- I'm Twotime," they let out a yawn as they answered the question. They could feel themself drifting off to sleep already. They knew they were safe with this cat, and could rest easy. "Do you have a name too?" They managed to mew the question back before their sleepy eyes closed.

"Well.. it's been quite some time since anyone has asked that. Quite some time indeed. I suppose.. well, I suppose I do have a name," she took a moment, as if trying to remember her own name after years of never using it.

"My name is Haven."
Last edited by Deercan on Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | chapter 4

Postby Deercan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:37 pm

Chapter Four

The soft morning sunbeams filtered through a perfectly placed window, casting their warm light onto Twotime's fuzzy face. This caused the kitten to slowly blink awake, purring. It was the first good sleep they had since the flooding started. For a few moments they thought they were back in the barn, in their cozy nest. This was unfortunately not the case, Twotime realized as they soon noticed the tall castle inside walls surrounding them. Oh, that was right, they had stayed the night here to rest up before their mission of finding their parents continued. They yawned, taking a few seconds to bask in the nice sunlight before getting up onto teetering tiny paws. Arching their back, their stretched and headed out of the crevice in the wall to look for their new friend, who they had noticed was missing from the nest.

It didn't take long to find Haven though, as Twotime spotted her sitting a few tail lengths away. She was sitting in the sunlight as well, eyes closed and a thoughtful expression on her face. If there was one thing all cats loved, it was a nice sit or bath in the lovely morning sun rays. They shook the sleep out of their fluffy fur and half bounced, half clumsily ran over to her. Cheerfully meowing to let her know that they had awoken and were beside them, the small bundle of joy and fuzz watched as Haven blinked with blind eyes towards the kit and purred a similar greeting.

"Good meowning, little one. Are you ready to continue on our walk? I can sense there is something you're looking for by the eagerness in your steps, perhaps I can help you find this, whatever it may be," she twitched her whiskers, rising to her paws, "as a matter of fact there is something I have been searching for as well here.. I know many of the routes and turns in the castle, from being here oh so long. Although I am blind, so I would gladly appreciate the extra help- and company, if you would care to join me that is. I won't be upset if not, dearie, no worries."

Twotime thought about this offer, once more pondering. They knew almost right away what their decision would be. Haven had been nothing but kind and caring towards them, and reminded them of the motherly old grandcat that used to live on the farm when they were just a tiny little kit, younger than they were now. They'd be a fool to decline this. And besides, some company would be nice.

They accepted the offer of help and guidance, and the two of them went off on their way.

------|------

It had been a few hours now, that the two felines had been padding along the winding and confusing paths of the old structure. Well, they seemed confusing to Twotime at least. Haven appeared to know almost exactly where she was going most of the time, which made Twotime curious on how long the molly had been here for. A few other questions popped into their mind as well as they continued along the paths. The two cats had been chatting back in forth, which was a newer concept to the kit. It was nice to be able to be comfortable with your own voices, and it helped the kit come out of their comfort zone more when it came to speaking. It was a pleasant change.

"Haven.. I know I said I was looking for my mom and dad, but you said you were looking too for something? Are you looking for your parents too?" Twotime's mew was curious.

"No no dear, my parents have long gone. Although now that you have mentioned it to me, I suppose I never really met my parents," she stopped to sniff patch of moss before heading down another corridor, "to answer your other inquiry, I'm searching for a specific place in the castle. It's a location that means quite a lot to me.. I'd just like to visit it once more. It's been so long since I was there, I've forgotten where it is."

"Oh oh!! I am great at finding little places and things! I used to find secret mice spots and bug burrows in the farm all the time! We'll find it together, I promise! I'm a finding expert after all! I am Twotime the great, and my finding skills will go down in history and be known by all!" Their little speech made Haven smile, as she quietly chuckled.

The response to the second question however caused the kit to become rather confused. "Then who took care of you when you were a kitten? There must have been someone, right?" Their head titled in curiousity.

"Well, there was a kind old human women who took care of me, along with her family and many other members of the group. Think of it as your old farm- different cats all together in one space, working together to care for each other." Haven looked thoughtful. "Would you like to hear some stories about them dear? Now there's a lot I can tell, so we'll stick to one per night. How does that sound? It'll be a good way to help pass the time."

Twotime loved stories, their mother always used to come up with many to tell them back at the barn. They eagerly nodded, mew high with excitement. "Yes!! I'd love to hear them!" They bounced on their paws, eager to hear them.

Haven let out a purr of amusement. "We'll start off with the stories of the young ones just like you then. The squires, as they were called.."
Last edited by Deercan on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | chapter 5

Postby Deercan » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Chapter Five

"The squires were those who were brought in the castle to learn all sorts of great things from the other humans, such as how to protect, fight, and what I believe to be hunting. Although I can recall a few certain squires who learned about healing and entertainment instead," Haven shook her head in amusement, "it was always entertaining to watch the youngins do their strange little dances for the lady who took care of me. They were trying their best of course, but sometimes I could even tell they were still a little clumsy on their paws."

Twotime let out an amused purr at this. "Strawberry tried to teach me to hunt before! The mouse got away though, and he had to catch it for me.." They frowned. "I really wanna learn how to do all those things though!"

"Twotime dear, I didn't learn how to catch a mouse until moons after I arrived at the castle, and even then I still wasn't perfect. Don't worry about not being the best right away, with some more training I know you'll be an expert at whatever you want to do!" She looked thoughtful. "If you'd like, you can be my 'squire'. It wouldn't be the first time I've taught a kitten how to find a mouse before, after all. Little Bug was always clumsy on his paws, and he managed to catch a rabbit once! I may be blind now, but that doesn't mean I can't give tips or hear a little critter scurrying around. What do you say?"

Twotime's eyes were wide with shock when Haven mentioned a kitten catching a bunny. Rabbits were HUGE, and so fast they were impossible to catch! Nobody at the barn had ever caught one before when they were there. If Haven could help a kit catch a rabbit.. Twotime was super excited to learn how!

"Yes, Yes of course I'd like to be your squire! Thank you thank you Haven!" They grinned, prancing around in excitement.

"We'll start tomorrow then, if we haven't found your parents then yet. That way you can show off your skills to them once we find them, okay? For now, let's continue on our way. Tomorrow I'll have another story for you as well!"

------|------

"Haven, you mentioned yesterday that squires trained to be the best at different things. What happens after they've done all the training though?? Are they squires forever?" Twotime paused halfway through their hunting crouch, to glance up at the molly who sat nearby. The training had gone well so far, Twotime was already getting good at listening for little mice scurrying around the castle halls. They tended to stop in the moss to nibble at the little sprouts most often, Twotime recalled.

"Oh no dear, that's not at all what happens, no worries! You won't be a squire forever, if that is what you thought. No no, squires often went off and became knights, or hunters! Remember the big silver human we passed earlier? Those odd things are what they usually put on before going out on their horses- or hoofbeasts, as you know them by. I never got why, those things were so large and loud they would surely scare all the mice away. Humans have their silly ways of doing things, but they are smart." She swished her tail to the side, ears pricked to listen for any sounds of prey to direct Twotime towards.

"Remember that cat I mentioned yesterday? Bug was a hard worker, but despite his rabbit catching skills he never seemed interested in what the knights were up to. In fact, I often caught him sneaking off to watch the bards and their musical games."

Twotime stood up from their clumsy crouch. "What's a bard? Did he go join them, then?" This question made Haven chuckle.

"The bards were those who entertained the rest of the castle, often called the fools. I thought they were rather intriguing to watch, despite the jingling noise they constantly made when dancing around in their colourful fur. Alas, Bug wasn't interested in joining them in their dances from what I could tell. He enjoyed telling me about the funny things they did though, often prancing and hopping around to demonstrate. No, he was more interested in the apothecaries work. He'd always return to me smelling of the flowers and other oddities they used, chatting nonstop about what he saw there." Haven pointed with a claw towards one of the mossy patches nearby, lowering her voice. "There."

Twotime angled their ears in the direction, listening. Oh! They could make out tiny squeaks from a mouse. Could this be their chance? Getting back into the crouching position, they held their curled tail still before slowly sneaking closer.. closer.. and.. bam! They brought a paw down on the mouse, and a few moments later they had done it! They caught their first mouse!! They bounced around with it in one of their mouths, before going over to Haven and dropping it in front of her. "Haven, I did it! I caught the mouse! Thank you thank you thank you so much for the help!!" They purred, as did Haven.

"Wonderful job Twotime!! I knew you could do it, I'm so proud of you!! You've done oh so well today, how about two stories tomorrow?" This made the kit very happy, and they quickly agreed.

------|------

"Very good Twotime! I believe that was something the apothecary used back when they were around the castle still. Wonderful finding job!" Haven praised the young cat, who had just brought back a small bundle of different flowers and plants they had found around for Haven. It was a late evening, and Haven had just finished telling more about the castle and those who used to live there. They had told Twotime all about the sires and lords, the well respected helpers and older humans who both played important roles in the castle.

Twotime was really enjoying listening to all these stories, it was very nice to hear about what life used to be like here. It did make them wonder just how long ago this all happened though- when they mentioned the rumbling street monsters, Haven had been rather puzzled and had no knowledge of those. Nonetheless, the castle walls had started to grow on them and became much more nicer to walk around in then when they first arrived here. The fear and unfamiliarity had turned into warmth and a sense of belonging, almost.
They were brought out of their thoughts as they turned their attention back to Haven, who was continuing the apothecary story.

"We had a lovely apothecary at the castle, and he even knew how to help cats a bit. I remember when I hurt my forepaw on a rock in the courtyard, Bug helped me through the castle and took me to the apothecaries room. He was a determined little cat, and despite his small stature and size he easily helped me up the winding stairs."
She sighed, and Twotime heard a hint of sadness in this sigh before she continued on with her usual kind tone. "The apothecary was the one in the castle who knew how to fix every scratch or sickness, no matter how severe. If anyone felt unwell, they went straight to him and they'd be fixed up in no time. Isn't that neat?" Twotime nodded, before yawning. They were exhausted. Haven noticed this and curled their tail around them.

"Come on then, I believe it's time we both get some good rest. I've got one story left after all! Goodnight, Twotime."

------|------

The two cats made their way slowly down the hallways once more as the midday sunlight shone through the windows onto both of them. It was peaceful, and it was nice. It was also time for another story, which Twotime had been looking forward to all day! Haven began to speak once more as the story began.

"Now that I have told you about all the other roles and people in the castle, I suppose it is finally time I talk about the woman who took care of me. She had an important role too, if not the most important. You see, the woman who took care of me was what the others called a monarch," she purred, "no, not like the orange butterfly bug. She was the Queen of the castle, and she ruled with a loving heart. Although she did not fight beasts like the knights and hunters, work tirelessly to heal those of the kingdom like the apothecary, or play music for all to hear much like the bards did, she was a brave woman, and the kindest of all. She never turned down someone in need, and as ruler she made sure everyone had a place in the castle where they would be safe and happy. Everyone had somewhere they belonged, even little Bug and I." She smiled. "You see Twotime, one does not need to be the strongest or the most powerful to be a good leader. All it takes is one who has compassion for all, and who is understanding and kind to everyone no matter their flaws or who they once were. The greatest leaders know that others deserve a chance to change and grow, and know themself that sometimes all one needs is a safe home where they can be themselves without worry." Haven paused, looking up towards the ceiling briefly before their gaze rested towards Twotime.

"You have demonstrated all of these things, Twotime. I know that wherever you may go in the future, and where your paws might take you, that you will bring good things to those around you," she sniffed the ground in the room that the two had arrived in after their long journeys in the halls. "It appears as if you've been here before, judging by the scent. I believe this may be the end of our adventure- I know you probably wish to leave now, and find your parents. I want to thank you, Twotime, for keeping me company and listening to my stories. If you ever wish to hear more, I will always be here. I promise not to go far! I've got my own thing to find, after all." She chuckled, although Twotime could detect a hint of sadness in her tone as well.

She had been right though. This was the room Twotime first arrived in when they arrived. It was time to go. Sharing one last gently headbump with Haven, they made their way towards the hole in the wall where the exit was. They could hear the river from here, so they knew it must be the right one. Braving the darkness once more, they headed out.

..or so they thought. This was.. not the right tunnel. They should have been out by now, where was this going? It was dark, and hard to see. They suddenly felt like a helpless kit again, lost. They let out a cry for help, hoping Haven would hear it.

She sure enough did, as Twotime heard the old cat making her way down the tunnel. They could make out her faint shape as she now stood by Twotime's side, purring reassuringly. "There there, it's alright dear, you're safe. It appears you just went down the wrong path..." She trailer off, sniffing the tunnel. Her meow was filled with unbelievable surprise. "It.. it can't be.. Twotime, follow me."

She lead the kit down the tunnel further, sniffing the air as she did. A few moments and a turn later.. and Twotime saw a warm light at the end. The two cats made their way to the glow, before entering into what appeared to be a small room, with an even smaller window up high in which light came through.

Twotime stared up at the room in awe. It was small, but it was filled with many trinkets and bright oddities, some similar to other things they had seen in the castle. A few things stood out, however- a skeleton of a large cat adorned with shiny gemstones upon a stand of sorts.. and a very, very old chair of sorts in the middle of the room. On the chair rested a multicolored blanket, which Twotime could tell from where they stood that it looked extremely soft. Upon the wall they noticed a sign, and could make out the word 'HAVEN'.
They were snapped out of their thoughts and wonder however as Haven started speaking, her voice filled with a nostalgic sort of sadness, but great happiness too.

"When I first met the queen, she was just a little girl, as I was just a little kitten much like you. She took me into the castle, ruled by her parents at the time, and the first thing she did was make a wonderful coloured blanket. I remember she'd always laugh when I tried to lay on the blanket before it was even finished yet.. and when it was finally done, she saw how much I loved it and gifted it to me. I'd always bring it over to her on those chilly winter nights, and we'd rest together in her favourite chair. She cared so much for me, as I did her. She meant the world to me, and we grew up together, side by side on all of our adventures." She had to pause her story, grief filling her voice.

"When I became old and finally passed, it was in her gentle, loving arms. The Queen cried, and cried, and cried until her mournful tears formed a river that circled the castle and it's grounds- the same river that brought you here. I couldn't just leave, I knew I had to be there for her. I knew she couldn't see me, but she knew I was there."

"Twotime, ages have past since and I've been wandering these castle walls, calling for her and searching. That's what I've looking for all this time, as I mentioned. You found it though, Twotime. You helped me find the room I've been looking for all this time. I can not thank you enough for this, dear. You gave me hope by coming here, and look, we found it! I'm so proud of you, and thank you, thank you so much dear. I can finally be at peace now- but please, will you stay for one more night? One final rest."

Twotime agreed, and brought Haven over to the chair and blanket, as they both curled up in it, quickly falling asleep as they both purred.

Twotime blinked. Everything was fuzzy.. it must be a dream of sorts, they thought. An interesting one for sure- around them, they saw tons and tons of cats, all talking amongst one another. They couldn't reconize any of them, but strangely enough.. they felt at home in this dream, amongst all these strangers.

They looked up in the dream, and realized with slight shock that they were once again in the castle, in one of the large rooms they had discovered the other day with Haven. Any feeling of fear or being lost was completely gone now, seeing the scene in front of them filled them with a loving warmth. They took another glimpse in the crowd, spotting two recognizable faces. Could it be.. Strawberry and Daisytrail! They quickly bounded through the crowd who moved out of the way kindly as they bowled into their parents, purring. It was so good to see them again.. even though this was a dream, this reassured them. They knew with their whole heart that their parents were alive and well, and they'd meet again one day.

This was no farm like their old home, but they knew their future was wonderful here as the dream faded and they knew that they were waking up.

The kit blinked awake in the chair as they quickly stretched, before hopping down and looking around. They had to tell Haven! Alas.. where were they?
They then noticed a faint glow from beside them, and turned to see the figure of an old kind faced lady, and in her arms was resting none other than Haven. By her feet Twotime saw a little cat, with messy silver fur. They knew this cat had to be Bug, despite never meeting him before. Twotime looked up at the three.

"Haven, I know where I'm supposed to be now! The castle.. I know now why I came here. I've found a new home, Haven, and the home is here."

Haven did not speak, but they saw the old cat nod in understanding at them. They watched as all three sat down in the chair, Bug and the Queen cuddling Haven with smiles on all of their faces, before they started to fade away. Twotime knew that they were all at rest now, but this wouldn't be the final time they saw them.

Haven had found her family, and Twotime had found their haven.

They had an odd but comforting feeling that they'd be around, and the kitten purred as they meowed one last so long, but not goodbye, at the trio.

"Thank you."
Last edited by Deercan on Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twotime's haven | the end

Postby Deercan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:15 am

(art by me)

You've reached the end of my entry. Thank you so much for the opportunity to write such a lovely story, and I hope you enjoyed reading it just as much as I enjoyed writing it ! ^-^

I'd like to give a brief thank you as well to those who encouraged me to continue writing this story even when I was struggling with that darned pen (or in this case, keyboard) to keep writing, I couldn't have done this without all of your friendly reminders and encouragement 💚
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:51 am

edit prevention post
Deercan