Stars #1400 Entry

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Stars #1400 Entry

Postby Only_Sky » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:43 pm

Username: Only_Sky
Cat Name: " The Oracle " aka Aida
Clan: The Horde

Info here | Cover | Others etc
Last edited by Only_Sky on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Oracle

Postby Only_Sky » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:44 pm

Allegiances

The Horde

Section one:
Boss(leader): Pericles – Chocolate-red classic torbie with white tom, amber-blue eyes.
Second: Meadow – Large blue-cream classic torbie with white molly, blue eyes.
Members:
Toad – Grizzled black tabby cat with yellow eyes.
Anders – Black-red ghost broken mackerel torbie molly with green eyes.
Sparrow – Black ticked tabby tom with white, green eyes.
Zida – Black bi-colour molly with blue eyes.
Ochre – Cinnamon with a white throat cat with amber eyes.
Sunshower – Red spotted smoke tom with green eyes.
Periwinkle – Cream lynx point molly with blue eyes.

Section two:
Boss(leader): Lady – Large white molly with grey eyes.
Second: Charlie – Blue spotted tabby with white tom, green eyes.
Members:
Franny – Blue and white molly with amber-blue eyes.
Priscilla – Black-red golden tabby with white molly, blue eyes.
Tadpole – Black classic tabby tom with amber eyes.
Mothflight - Blue sepia rosette cat with white cat, blue eyes
Hail – Lilac ghost spotted tabby tom with blue eyes.

Wanderers/Pets:
Daisy – Lilac bi-colour molly with green eyes.
Sade – Fawn-cream mackerel caliby with green eyes.
Chicory – Fawn marbled tabby with white molly, pink/yellow eyes.
Rosalie – Red ticked silver tabby with yellow eyes.

Aida - Blue rosette tabby molly with pink eyes

Timber – Black mackerel tabby with green eyes.
Luca – Fawn classic tabby ci-colour tom with blue eyes.
Cinder – Black-red tortoiseshell molly with amber eyes.
Ember – Red classic tabby cat with amber eyes,
Lily – Chocolate-bicolour molly with green eyes.
Last edited by Only_Sky on Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prologue

Postby Only_Sky » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:03 pm

Link to Doc

Prologue

“Hold on, just hold on! I’m coming sweetheart!”

The wind howled angrily, stealing away the cat’s voice as they inched down from the tree, trying desperately not to slip and fall into the raging water just a tail length below. The branch groaned and swayed as the current tugged threateningly, and the brown molly holding on desperately at the end watched with wide, terrified green eyes.

“Ember! I-I’m slipping!”

“No, just hold on a little longer I-“

“Ember!”

Aida’s body threw itself upward in fright, her fur on end and chest heaving. Gazing around, she realized she was still in the hollow tree, the forest was quiet, no rain or wind threatening to hurt her. Or those cats. Yet. She thought, flexing her paws anxiously. I have to find them and warn them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“You really must listen to me-“'

Timber, the black tabby, scoffed. “Please, you really expect me to believe that? Listen here, two-face, we’ve seen plenty of floods and have survived ‘em all. We don’t need some delusional two-faced cat telling us we’re going to die from some freakish flood in the summer.”

“Really, you can’t blame us, tw- er, Aida. You’re a stranger, and we have been living here for so long and have never heard of a flood like that ever happening. We appreciate the concern, but you’re talking about some pretty wild prediction.” The brown and white molly, Lily, put in gently, giving Aida an almost pitying gaze. It’s you I’m most worried about. Aida held her tongue though, knowing better than say so, for fear they’d see that as a threat.

Their leader, Timber, was very offended by Aida’s sudden appearance and insistence that they were all in danger of a flash flood, not that she could blame them. And though Lily seemed to be kind, the other cats, Ember, Cinder and Luca were bristling, clearly unnerved by Aida’s.. abnormality.

Kneading the ground with her paws, the blue molly swallowed the hard lump in her throat. “I understand this is a shock, but I swear to you that I’m telling the truth. It’s going to be very sudden, I don’t know exactly when, but it’s coming here and you need to be prepared.” She pressed once more, directing her gaze to Lily in particular, hoping and pleading silently that the molly would heed her warning.
“I think that’s enough. You need to leave off, take this chance now, otherwise I can’t promise you you won’t see our claws next time.” Timber growled, lashing their tail.

Bowing her head, Aida backed up and turned off, walking away with her ears low. Looking back for a moment, she saw them walk away, muttering amongst themselves. Please, let them get away in time. She pleaded to the sky. What was the point in being given this gift of sight, when so many refused to believe it? She had tried many times to give others insight of their future, but she could only help them so much..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Aida’s ears perked as a cool breeze tickled them, a faint sound carried by, barely audible.

Sitting up from her spot in an old oak tree’s branches, she peered around the forest floor below, studying the muddy, wet mess left from the night before. As she had predicted, a huge flood had ripped through the forest not two days after she had warned that group of cat, it had viscously torn up the area, reaching what looked to be two whole foxlengths high; deep and deadly. She had made the decision to start sleeping in the trees when she arrived, not willing to take any chances.

Again, a sound in the distance rung through the forest, this time clearer. “Lily”.

A short while later, a muddy red coat was visible in the near distance. “ Lily! Please, I’m here! ” Ember’s voice was hoarse and desperate, they must have been calling for some time.

Climbing down her tree, Aida landed with a loud plop, the mud splattering her pelt. The cat’s head whipped around, a hopeful spark in their eyes, but it died in a heartbeat once they realized it was Aida and not Lily. A guttural growl erupted from their jaws and they stormed toward her, fur puffed up, tail lashing, and claws digging into the dirt.

“Why are you still here?! Here to gloat? Say I told you so? Huh?!” They spat, spit flecking her nose as they stopped only a tail-length from her face. “Lily is gone! She- She’s gone.” Their voice faltered, and Aida’s heart dropped.

My vision came true..

“I’m so sorry. Really, I am.” She said softly, lowering her head to them. They only scoffed, rolling their eyes and turning away from her. As they began to walk away, they paused for a moment. “Maybe if you had never come here, she would still be here. Maybe things would have been different. You’re bad luck. A harbinger of death.”

Stumped with shock, Aida watched silently as Ember headed away.

I- Am I? I’ve seen death before, but everyone does, right? Does death really follow me.. Or do I bring death?
Last edited by Only_Sky on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter Two

Postby Only_Sky » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Chapter Two

A few seasons later, we find Aida wandering into the Horde’s territory, it has been several moons since the flood, and she still carries deep regret for that last omen. She promised to keep to herself from now on, fearful that perhaps she really was the reason for a cat's death, and that she may be the doom for future cats too..

The road underfoot was hot, leaving Aida's paws tingly and slightly burnt, rhythmic burn-cool-burn-cool sensations ran up her nerves as she trotted along. For a couple days now she had pattered after this road, passing by several farms and houses, the scene slowly merging into suburbs and finally a small town. Around her, cars zoomed past, trees rustled, and the distant sound of humans chattering away could be heard.

I wonder what I'll find here. She wondered as her eyes caught what looked like giant birds in the sky, but they were strange shapes and colours, and linked to a string that led somewhere she couldn't see, beyond the fences and trees.

" Hey! You there! " A sudden voice called out, and the molly stopped in her tracks, swing her head around. Across the road, a gold and white tabby molly sat in the grass, blue eyes wide as she stared. " Woah, I thought I was seeing things, but nope! You have two faces! "

Aida winced lightly, her ears burning as embarrassment rolled over her. " Uh, yep. That I do. " She replied dryly. Much to her surprise, the molly popped up and trotted across the road toward her, seemingly ignorant to the car that flew past, nearly catching her tail. " That's amazing! Wait, are they two face or are you two cats? Can you talk from both mouths? Can you see through all your eyes? Ca- Wait, sorry, that was really rude of me. " The molly stopped just before Aida, and shut her jaws quickly, giving her a very sheepish look, " Sorry about that. I'm Priscilla, singer, romancer, " She winked, causing Aida's ears to burn hotter." And this town's coolest cat! Who are you, stranger? "

" I'm Aida. And um, I'm one cat with two faces and I can only really see and talk through my right face - I can emote through both, though. I'm a bit of a wanderer, I kind of just go where my paws take me. " The blue molly cracked a small smile, charmed by the somewhat amusing cat before her. The way that Priscilla watched her was something almost foreign; there was no fear or distaste - only curiosity and friendliness swam in those blue eyes.

" Wow, that's pretty odd - I like it! I've never seen someone quite as interesting as you, Aida. What are your plans? "

Turning her gaze toward the road, Aida thought for a moment before replying. " I'm not to sure, actually. I was just, following the road, passing through. Might spend a night in one of these gardens before moving on I suppose. " Looking back, she jumped at the sight of Priscilla suddenly up close to her faces.

" You should stick around! I have a place you can stay, and I'd love to hear about where you've been - I've never been beyond the suburbs, after all.." Her voice trailed off as Aida fell into her own thoughts, I hardly know you, and you want me to hang around? How strange. You seem nice enough, but who knows how you'd react to my powers.. Priscilla was still chattering away as she returned focus, though a butterfly flapping around the summer flowers in the grass had caught the molly's attention.

" Anyway, don't feel too pressured, I know I can be a bit pushy. " Priscilla furrowed her brows and lowered her head sheepishly, apparently realizing her rather out-of-the-blue offer had caught Aida off guard.

" I might stick around for a few days.." Aida's voice was slow, cautious of the molly's reaction, but Priscilla looked to be almost ecstatic, such a strange thing for Aida to experience. " Excellent! You'll stay with me then, and I can show you around town! Oh I'm so excited! " She chirped, bounding on her toes. " Follow me, I'll show you to my home! " Aida didn't have much of a say before the white and golden tabby butted her head against her shoulder, sending her down the road.
Last edited by Only_Sky on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 3

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:43 am

Chapter Three

It had been a few days since Aida's arrival to town, and since then she had been staying with Priscilla in a run down shack in the yard of an elderly human. The humans mostly left them to themselves, occasionally throwing scrap meat into the grass for them.

The shack was a brick walled room with a small roof extending out a couple tail lengths from the doorway, allowing the occupant to stand outside with shelter from the rain. Inside was rather empty, only a couple shelves filled the walls, one of which held a few blankets - Priscilla's nest, and another held a few knick knacks that Priscilla had collected over her moons.

Now, Aida stood in the doorway, watching as Priscilla practiced her 'singing'. Aida had never heard a cat sing before, but Priscilla seemed to have a skill - She wouldn't compare her to a songbird by any means, but the molly made lovely trills and swoops with her voice. She had tried to get Aida to give it a turn, but all that came out was awkward squawks and screeches. They both agreed to leave the singing to the professional.

" Really, Aida, I'd I love you to be there for my special show. " Priscilla huffed gently, clearly unused to having a cat disobey her requests. The molly had earlier asked Aida to accompany her to a 'gathering' where she would sing for the crowd.

The idea of appearing before a number of cat's was unappealing, to say the least.

" I'm really sorry, but I've had plenty of cats treat me unkindly for my appearance, and I really couldn't handle that on such a great scale. " Over the few days she had been with Priscilla, Aida had grown quite fond of the quirky molly, she was confident and kind, and had shown Aida around the surrounding area, which she had quite enjoyed.

Pausing from her trilling, Priscilla turned her big blue gaze toward Aida, blinking meaningfully. " I promise you that I'd beat up anyone who dared mess with you. Pretty please? "

---------------------------------------------------------------------

" Are you sure I can't watch from the shadows? "

Scoffing, Priscilla shook her head, " Of course not! We are going to make you some more friends and you are going to love this! " She gaze Aida a gentle nudge with her shoulder before speeding up as they neared a forested area of the park.

Before she could even see them, Aida could hear the quiet thunder of many voices in the trees, and her heart began to race. Here goes nothing.

Upon joining the gathering, Aida was met with an array of stares from the cats they walked by, much to her embarassment. But Priscilla charged onward, leading her to a group of cats that called greeting to the white and golden molly. " Good evening, my lovelies. " Priscilla trilled, brushing cheeks with a couple cats before stepping aside to allow their gazes to settle on Aida.

" Wow, you're pretty! " A blue and white molly spoke first, her gaze admiring much to her surprise. Another cat, a red spotted tom, nodded in agreement, " You have a very lovely coat. "

"I- Thank you. "

" Hey Priscilla! Who's your friend? " A voice called from a little away, a large white cat and a small calico cat watched them curiously. Upon closer inspection, the calico cat's forelegs were disfigured, but she seemed quite comfortable amongst the crowd.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As the night went on, Aida met several cats, and found that though surprised by her appearance, most of the cats did not seem to take her appearance offensively, probably with help of Priscilla's shyless raving about her new friend.

The disfigured calico was named Sade, and they were born like that, as Aida was, but she didn't let others get them down, and proved to be a confident and capable cat. They hung out together alongside several more of Priscilla's friends, and listened to stories, gossip, and songs sung by Priscilla as well as other cats.

By the end of the night, Aida had befriended several cats, and had quite enjoyed herself. Perhaps I'll stay a while..
Last edited by Only_Sky on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 6

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:43 am

Chapter Six

After spending quite some time with the Horde, Aida feels comfortable enough to show them her gift, predicting a couple good omens, she becomes comfortable here and becomes close with many of them, happy to have caring friends.

Things start to look like she might consider staying, Priscilla insists she would love for her to stay with her, she would be sure to take care of her friend and makes up excited tales of their future adventures together.

However, the last survivors of the group from seasons ago appear on the Hordes territory, and once they see Aida, Ember darts for her throat. Anders and Lady tackle them to the group, and the Horde cats nearby hurry to defend their group-mates. Ember begins spouting furiously, claiming that Aida is a terrible omen, a snake in the grass and not to be trusted, for she murdered their precious friend.

A wave of shock rocks the horde. Lady settles them down and encourages the new group to follow her where they can tell her their story. Aida and Priscilla take their leave, but not before earning some new glares from the lesser known members of the Horde.

Over the next few days as the new group's story is passed around, the Horde cats split on who to trust and so begins a divided hostility between the 'sides'.
Last edited by Only_Sky on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter Eleven

Postby Only_Sky » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Chapter 11

[Context; The Horde is split up, the better half of it sides with the new group, harboring distrust for Aida. Priscilla and her friends (though not all are 'loyal' to Aida) have taken to trying to shield Aida from the others who taunt and chase her.

Aida wakes one morning to an omen. She foresees that Ember from the new group is going to be hurt in a building collapse, (lucky her/s) and though she fears their reaction, she tries to warn them. Of course, untrusting, they tell her to bug off, some of the horde shift paws and turn a blind eye to her, not wanting to get involved.

As several days pass, the sight returns twice, and growing urgent. She hears through the vine that the cat is headed into an old factory with a couple of the Horde for a get together, and Aida is terrified.

Gathering the help of Priscilla, Meadow and Sunshower, the group races through the city to find them, and after a worrying amount of time, they find the factory, however it is already collapsing, the cat is still in there while the others escaped.

.. Aida shut her eyes closed hard, focusing on the remnant of her sight, looking for any sort of clue as to find Ember in the building. " Meadow!" She snapped her gaze to the molly, her purple eyes hazy and aglod, much to her friend's and the other's shock. " Ember isn't far, there is an opening over there," She pointed with her tail toward a precarious looking archway in the crumbling wall. " If you go through there, there is two pathways, take the left, and there is an open space where Ember is trapped. Their tail is pinned under a metal rod. You're the only one strong enough to move it."

" Wait, what is she gets stuck and hurt to?! " Priscilla cried out, her blue eyes sparkling with fear.

" I promise you that she will be okay. " Her voice was steady, but deep down, Aida's heart prickled with fear too, What if I'm really sending her to her death? NO. This sight is sure, they will be okay.

Meadow stroked her tail along her friend's spine. " I can do this. I'll get them out. " She nodded to Aida, and gave Timber and Cinder one too, though they both looked sceptical. The big molly walked toward the still crumbling structure, taking a deep breath, she hunched down and squeezed her way through the archway, disappearing into the dark depths as tiny fragments of rock showered from the precariously balanced walls, threatening to fall and destroy the remainder of the building.

Closing her eyes once more, Aida used all her strength to control her vision, following Meadow in real time as she reached the fork and took the left hole. The blue and cream molly spotted Ember a few tail lengths away and rushed over, " Hold on Ember, I'm going to get you out of here! " She whisper-yelled, not wanting to even breath on the rocks. Digging her larges paws under the metal rod that pinned Ember's tail as Aida foretold, Meadow heaved with all her weight..

Suddenly, the vision collapsed and she was left in the dark. " Oh no! " Aida cried as the building once again began to crumble, and the walls began to collapse fully one by one. Priscilla and the others gasped and wailed with the sure loss of their friends. With a final crash, the last wall fell, and clouds of dust and dirt flew toward them, blinding them and filling their lungs.

Coughing and spluttering, the group watched hopelessly as the dust cloud settled. Priscilla leaned into Aida's side, weeping quietly.

But suddenly, a large dusty creature flew out of the rocks, followed by another, smaller creature. " Meadow!" Priscilla cried, plowing into the molly as soon as she had skidded to a stop. " You're okay!"

Ember stood coughing and wheezing, their tail crooked, but they were otherwise fine. As they blinked away the dirt from their eyes, their gaze settled on Aida. " You. "
Last edited by Only_Sky on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Chapter 12

Postby Only_Sky » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:49 pm

Chapter 12

Had the other cats not been there, Aida would have been crowfood. Meadow tackled Ember before they could get their claws into the cat that had technically saved them.

Ember's group mates explain that Aida used her sight to save them. Although Ember cannot just forgive Aida for not saving Lily, they thank her grumbly for saving them. Aida gives them a small nod, knowing this was probably as good as she was going to get from them.

Upon returning to the horde’s main center, the new group of cats come up to Aida, and thank her, having been told by their friends and Meadow what had happened. Aida shyly tells them that it’s alright, she held no ill-will against them.

The rest of the Horde gathers, prepared to scathe Aida, but the cat surprisingly steps forward and defends her and relays to them what happened, and says that despite their dislike for her, she deserves praise and thanks. Shocked, they awkwardly utter apologies, and Lady in particular apologizes for allowing the new group to influence her and the Horde with their blame on her for their past, and hopes that she one days forgive them.

She forgives them on the spot, telling them it’s not their fault.

---------

Some moons later, the new group has taken time to recover and take off.

Aida thinks about leaving too, but Priscilla encourages her to stay, as does her other friends in the Horde. She gives in, feigning defeat, but she is truly happy to finally be accepted.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me