✦ kingdoms fall, kingdoms rise ✦

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

✦ kingdoms fall, kingdoms rise ✦

Postby Vivika » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:19 am

x
x

a little hub for all my shorter forms!
all writing is my own, feel free to browse! ♥
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ navigation

Postby Vivika » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:27 am

a quick navigation as i'll likely be throwing
a few try-outs in here, haha. ♥
    navigation !!
    » note; each page is a different form + will have a defined end post! <33

»» #728 - [page one]
    »» #854 - [page two]
    »» #858 - [page three]
    »» #1075 - [page four]
    »» #1257- [page five]
    »» #1462- [page six]
    »» #1179- [page seven]
    »» SL2#007- [page eight]

» other entries; conquer (#598) • a vineyard (#645) • together, but apart (#608-609) •
    an eagle's call (#700) • who are you? (#770) • hunger (#828)

Last edited by Vivika on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋 [#728]

Postby Vivika » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:28 am

✦ an entry for stars #728 ✦ image credit
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 12:28 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

His laugh never ceased to make her smile. A soft laughter bubbling from the depths of his belly, overflowing like the springs.

“... look, alive! Lou, we should be celebrating the capture of the Messenger.” His side brushed against hers. “And here you are figuring out the King’s angle in summoning you to his inner courts.”

Luísa chuckled. “Kas, Kas.” She clicked her tongue. “Always about the festivities. You haven’t seen enough in your lifetime? The King always has an angle.”

“Never.” Kassian’s signature lop-sided grin clung to his muzzle. “Food’s always good, and the attention of being second-in-command to the youngest commander of the Impérial is hardly to be missed.” He shrugged, tilting his head. “But alright, I concede. A little. What, my dear, could the King be summoning you for?”

Too many things. Some good, others not so good. A commendation for the last mission? Another task? Or perhaps… they reconsidered? Her rise to power as commander as the youngest and the first female had always gone opposed.

Still, ruining the light-hearted mood with her thoughts was just as awful. She managed a wry smile, “Perhaps, dear lieutenant, it’s a promotion after our latest success.”

He didn’t miss a beat. “I wouldn’t doubt it.” The silver tom dipped his head towards her, smile teasing. “Is this a good time to pledge my loyalty to the future captain of the Impérial?”

“I’d accept.”

His eyes twinkled. “Mhm, maybe at the celebration tonight. Our place by the Silver Lake?”

Her nose found its way into his side. “Deal.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 12:30 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

Just outside the entrance of the King’s court, she paused. One breath in for composure, another to relax. She couldn’t mess this up, nor give an otherwise… ill impression of herself. It would reflect unkindly on her unit at least, and at most a reconsideration of her leadership.

Her pawsteps carried her towards the grand cavern of polished white marble. The stones were sleek. Impeccably clear of dirt or grime. Signature of the King’s court. A chamber of secrets, and a courthouse of power-struggles.

The prisons were not too far from the courts. A serious location error. Whoever responsible should have considered relocating it to the back of the extensive cavern. She shook her head. It detracted from the peace.

Luísa moved as a ghost, her steps silent as she slipped through the branched passages. Echoes of voices slithered from other caverns. The Messenger, no doubt. He’d been apprehended a few days ago, and still insisted on his innocence. Even with his son as leverage, he hadn’t divulged the location of the rebellion.

In a sense, she admired that tom… the Messenger. Stubborn and loyal to his cause till the end. In another world, they may have been allies. But he was the enemy. An enemy of the Crown, while she was a patriot, loyal to the Crown.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 12:33 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

The King loomed ahead at the center of the polished cavern. With his ivory fur and pale green eyes, there was no mistake who he was. His stance was firm, yet carried a certain grace ━ both exuding regality, and demanding respect. He strided over to meet her.

She dipped her head low, features impassive. “Your Honor. You asked for me?”

The King’s smile was a blend of frost and fire. “Indeed, Commander.” He flicked his tail, triggering motion from the other guards nearby. “There’s someone here, who would like to speak to you.”

The ivory tom turned as the guards from earlier returned. He nodded once towards them. Towards the prisoner in their grasp.

Her heart stilled. It couldn’t be.
    Her father.

She hadn’t seen him in so long, not since she took up this position. She’d been so busy... no, that was a lie. She hadn’t wanted to. But it didn’t make sense. He was a mere villager, skilled in the art of healing, who adored teaching the kits at the village. He despised politics… diplomacy. Why was he here?

The King spoke once more. “Ah, you must recognize this one. Your father, no?” He turned to address her father, gesturing for the guards to release him. “Perhaps you’d like to make a confession? Please, I insist.”

Luísa stepped close to the tom… her father. “I don’t understand. What━”

Her father moved with lightning speed, enough to make her gasp. His muzzle was pressed tightly against her ear. “Listen to me, Lou. Oak tree at the village. There’s something you must take to the Messenger, and whatever happens, I lov━”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 12:39 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

The guards pulled him off.

Time slowed. The world was spinning, revolving… disintegrating. Stars, what had he done? Her breathing quickened. The implication of that statement…

“Your father is a spy. A rebel.” The King echoed her thoughts. “He will be executed at dawn tomorrow.”

Executed? She tugged a breath in, keeping her voice steady. “Your Honor, I presume they’ll be a trial?”

Harsh laughter erupted from the guards as those pale eyes settled on hers. “There are no trials for treason, Commander. Will that be a problem?”

Her jaws parted to argue ━ all cats were to be given fair trial, fair consideration… but the flame, the scrutiny, in the King’s gaze stopped her. There would be no reconsideration. This was a test, plain and simple. If she spoke, it was enough to… convict herself. She swallowed the lump in her throat. “Certainly not.”

“As for you… you will be monitored accordingly. The nature of your father’s crimes makes you a suspect to our investigation. You will submit to further questioning. Or your position will be jeopardized. Is that understood?”

He was tearing down her piece by piece.

She wouldn’t show it, she wouldn’t give him that satisfaction. Not now. Not until she had a means to fight back. Swallowing hard, she tilted her chin up. “Understood. I have nothing to fear. My loyalty belongs to the Crown, and I serve the Crown alone.” She met his gaze, unflinchingly. “Traitors must be dealt with accordingly.”

“Then, you’ll have no qualms overseeing his execution.”

Her heart stuttered, throat constricting. Protesting.

“As you wish.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 12:39 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

How quickly the tides could turn against her.

This morning, she was a promising, revered commander of the Impérial army, destined for something beyond the simple village life she’d grown up in. She was a loyal patriot, sworn to serve the Crown with her last dying breath. She had a purpose ━ to hunt down those rebels terrorizing the Crown and infringing on the peace of the kingdom. Stars, she had a life.

But now?

She was a suspected rebel, accused of aiding her father. Her soldiers, who once revered her, were now keeping a close eye on her. Her life was shattered. One slip up, and she was done.

Luísa drew a breath in, gaze slipping around the lake ━ her place of refuge. Towering mountains and evergreens surrounded her, resolute and unmoving. A fortress. And reflected in the silver waters… the same mountains and evergreens flipped upside down in the gentle ripples. She paused.

What if she’d been wrong?

What if the world she lived in, the world she’d known, was just that? Upside-down and inside-out. She’d seen the signs. The poverty stricken villages, the power struggles of the courts, the reign of terror that infiltrated every sector of society. She’d turned a blind eye to it ━ all the injustice. Until it was right in-front of her.

Her father would receive no trial. No attempt at evading his execution, no public hearing for his side of the story.

She soaked in the image reflected in the waters, swallowing hard. Her father… he’d asked her to do something, but the Messenger had already been apprehended. There left only one option to find answers. Maybe to save her father.

To head to Eden.

To commit treason. She shuddered. If she did this… there would be no turning back. None. She’d be risking her life. Her position. She’d be setting everything on the line… but for what━
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 1:00 pm

✦✧✦✧✦

“Lou?” Pawsteps came up beside her, gently brushing against her side. “I heard… Stars, you okay?”

Kas. Her shoulders eased as she settled next to him, burying her head into his scruff, soaking in the faint scent of hazelnut buried within. Her anchor, her light. Her shield. Stars, if he could drown the night out, she'd let him. She took a shaky breath in, struggling for composure.

It came to her then. Truth.
    She needed to know the truth of this kingdom.

She weighed his question, slowly turning it over, gathering her resolve.
    There would be no going back from here. Ever.

“Kas… I-I need your help.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐋 [end!]

Postby Vivika » Sat May 01, 2021 1:00 pm

#1450-ish words, featuring a bby trying to survive a world that just flipped inside-out and upside-down on her ^^
    thank you so much for reading! and i hope you have a lovely rest of your day! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me