━ « 𝑯𝑼𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑹 » ━

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

━ « 𝑯𝑼𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑹 » ━

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:58 am

╭╯xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╰╮
a stars entry! <33
#828 » his story » credits
╰╮xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx╭╯
Last edited by Vivika on Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

»

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:29 pm

Hunger was an immortal beast.
    One even the most talented hunter had yet to conquer.

And he was far from one.

Otis slipped through the undergrowth, weaving in and out of the bushes. Dusk was fading, slowly swaying into darkness as the light dwindled into the horizon. His eyes roved the barren forest, a forest of pale, sickly gold, with its leaves in tatters and threatening to crumble ━ fragile as a moth’s wing. He hissed as a pale leaf crackled, disintegrating under his paw. He needed to stay silent. Needed to━

He stumbled, pawsteps propelling him forward into a… no, no, no wait. Backpedaling, he threw himself to the side, dodging a not-so-pleasant encounter with a certain tree stump. Stars. If his son could see him now, the clumsy fool nearly kissing a tree trunk, he’d be howling with laughter. Perhaps near hysterical. A small smile played on his muzzle as he shook his head, forcing himself to his paws.

Dear Ezio. It was the only reason he, a bumbling idiot, was out here. In the woods. In the unknown. Out of his element. He needed to be alert. For his son.

His pace quickened. Times were hard… harsh. What had the village priests and priestesses said? The forest was under siege. From a blight of some sort. It killed the trees, the plants, the herbs, and eventually the wildlife. And no wildlife meant no prey.

Famine.

An ugly, wretched word. His belly gnawed, a reminder of the scarcity the village had lapsed into. It was also a reminder that his son was far hungrier. A reminder of his failure. He was no hunter. Not even a healer, nor skilled in the trades. A failure. And a terrible, terrible father. His ex-mate had said as much. But he’d make it up. Tonight.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

»

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:30 pm

His pawsteps brought him to a silvery oak tree, its stump rotted with infectious mold. Pausing, he glanced around, scanning the area.

Where was that tom?

Otis paced around the rotting tree, kicking at a loose pebble. What was that dark tom, fur as dark as the night, and eyes as tawny as the flicker of flames. He’d promised… promised to be here. Promised solutions. Promised a life, a future, for his son, if he agreed to meet him to discuss certain terms.

He closed his eyes. Stars, had he been duped?
    He didn’t even know that tom’s name━

A crackle from behind.

Otis froze.

The sound drew closer, the crackling creeping up slowly. Leisurely.

His jaw tightened. Was this it? Was this what he got? That tom, whatever-his-name-was, had finally arrived, strolling along at his own pace. He would teach him a lesson. By the Stars, he would. An impulsive decision, perhaps, but a necessary one. Darting into the scraggly bushes, he took cover behind them. And waited.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

»

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:31 pm

“... you think he’ll show?”

“Kas,” A feminine voice. “I have full confidence in our sources. The Messenger will show.”

The silhouettes stopped by the oak tree. A pause, before the female spoke again, addressing the other male present. In the dim moonlight, her fur was radiant ━ a catch between dappled silvers and blues, pale eyes unflinching. “And when he does, we shall have full access to Eden. Enough to bring that cursed place into ruin.”
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

»

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:32 pm

They were members of the Impérial. The King’s Guard, both elite and utterly ruthless. The scent of rough cedarwood and roses clung forcefully to his nose. Indicative of the guard. His mind reeled, uncertain. But what were they doing here? And so far from the capital?

They mentioned Eden. That dark tom… he’d said allies lay within there. And it would be attacked. Soon. If he followed along correctly… Otis blinked. He needed to warn him. If that tom, the so-called Messenger, was apprehended, there would be no aid for the village. None.

And the King would hardly blink if a village was decimated by famine.

He couldn’t let that happen. As quietly as he could, Otis slipped to his paws, scarcely breathing. Hunching his shoulders, he started off, back the way he came, darting into the undergrowth. One step, two steps, then three. Then, four and five. He was flying free━

He tripped, stumbling over a series of rocks. The breath was knocked from his lungs, dissipating with the winds. His legs ached. Rolling over, he inhaled sharply, letting out a soft grunt. Curse those clumsy paws…

Leaves crinkled behind him. Oh, for the love of the Stars. He forced himself to unsteady paws, breaking out into a run. Stealth was abandoned. They knew. Or they would know soon. He needed to hide. Maybe that old cave? Or the ditch where the river used to flow? He forced a breath in. One thing at a time. The old cave to lay low━
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

»

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:43 pm

He was thrown to the ground by an unseen force.

Tensing, he brought a paw up, claws unsheathed to defend himself against the attacker. Heat seared through his shoulder, a stinging sensation travelling down the length of his foreleg. He gasped, faltering. The weight on top of him shifted, forcing him into a pinned position.

“At last, the Messenger reveals himself.” The female’s muzzle pulled into a tight smile, head held high. “The King━”

“Wait, wait! You’re mistaken. I-I’m not him. I’m not the━”

Her smile twisted into a sneer. “Watch it, Messenger. You are addressing a commander of the King’s guard. I don’t take well to being interrupted.”

Stars, this was going so wrong. He swallowed. “You have the wrong cat. The Messenger… I’m not him.”

“Don’t play me as a fool. You expect me to believe that you, a tom sneaking around in the woods, spying on the Impérial at midnight, is completely innocent?”

He winced.

“I thought so.”

Another voice cut-in, the male from earlier, musing, “Although, I would expect the Messenger to be more cautious. Less… conspicuous.” The tom shrugged. “No matter. We’ll bring him in.”

“Wait, please.” Otis winced, fumbling for the right words. Listen, I’m not who you think I am. That tom is right. I can’t be a Messenger. I’m a villager. I have a son… his name is Ezio, and━”

The female laughed. “Oh Stars.” Her gaze slid to her partner. “Head to the village, and find his son.” A pause. “We’ll bring him along… for leverage.”

He was screwed. So screwed.
    "Wait! He’s just a kit. You can't━" He threw his weight to the side, an attempt to evade the female.

She didn't budge. Her eyes softened. Barely. "For your son's sake, I suggest you cooperate with our investigation, Messenger."

His head spun. He should have kept his muzzle shut. But no, he had to mess it up. Like everything he did.
    His chest squeezed, constricting. Now Ezio was in this mess. In his mess, this nightmare. And that by itself was far worse, than the famine.

If hunger was an immortal beast…
    Fear carved from love was a terrifying, twisted creature.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» credits

Postby Vivika » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm

// tldr; a harmless meeting in the woods gone wrong... o:

Moodboard credits: [one] [two] [three] <3