feet off the ground, i'm falling in you //

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

feet off the ground, i'm falling in you //

Postby home » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 am

username/ID: nor // 925608
    kalon name: weiss
    what kind of world does this Kalon hail from and how do they get home?

(( final word count : 2604 // final art count: 3/10 ))

Last edited by home on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part one //

Postby home » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:47 am

( word count : 127)

the edge of her world starts with a flick of her tail, leaving a shimmery mark on the page. the world was her canvas, and she was the lone artist. she stares at the little planet, far away.

indenthow beautiful it is, to be young and free.

soft pink blossoms litter the sky, sprinkling the dark abyss with its bright hues. crystal clear waters flowing around her paws, little fish dancing around her toes. her world was bright and vivid, almost dreamlike.

indentheart as soft as silk and voice like a dove’s song.

a thousand stars dancing above your head. streaks of blue and purple paint the sky, like ribbons in the wind. will this be how you remember me?

indenthold me close and don't let go.

Last edited by home on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part two //

Postby home » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:21 pm

( word count : 304)

tiny rhinestone-like stars lace the sky, delicately accenting the deep blue of the night sky. she sighs, touching the stained glass windows laced with ice. one hand brushing the cold glass, weiss plucks her parka off the coat stand, doing a little twirl as she tugs it on. her slippers shuffle on the glass floor below her, which she usually took a peek of the little green and blue planet so far below her.

slipping off her slippers, weiss tugs on her old, dirty boots, and heads to the stairs. she grimaces at how dirty and caked with dirt and grime her boots had become. shaking her head, weiss plucks a sheet of paper from her bookcase and scribbles down a note to find new boots.

“i’ll only be out for a bit,” she thinks, hugging the soft fabric. it was nice and soft, not that she knew what type of material it was. gliding down the stairs, she steps out the door.

she pays no mind to the empty streets, only drawing tiny flames with her fingers before
    flicking them towards the dark lamp posts. the starry glow of weiss’ hands weave towards the lamps, as if they were glowing purple snakes.

it wasn’t like there were any townsfolk living around her, anyways. they’d chosen other places to build their homes. after all, who’d want a crash site for a home?

weiss sure did.

she didn’t expect for it to leave a mark, though. her pale pink skin had taken on new hues, shades of blue and purple and seeped into her skin, almost dyeing them. weiss wasn’t too bothered by it, although it was alarming at the start.

rubbing her hands together, sparks fly out of her hands, illuminating her face with a soft starry glow.

she heads to her beloved garden.

Last edited by home on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part three //

Postby home » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 am

( word count : 129)

skipping through the bushes of pink roses, weiss holds her hands together, quietly singing under her breath. she sits on the edge of her home, with nothing between her and the starry sky. she breathes in, rubbing her hands together, and paints a line across the sky.
    the soft smoke-like glow from her hands dance across the sky like a pair of swans taking flight.

indentwriting my name on your canvas, with a single brushstroke.

this was the one thing she looked forward to. once she was finished, she looked at her myriad of various glowing drawings. the mage beamed, pointing at each one.

stretching her arms, she starts to climb up from the ledge of the little floating planet she called home…

indenther hand falters and she falls.

Last edited by home on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part four //

Postby home » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am

( word count : 85)

a thousand stars shift and die beneath her feet. there’s something comforting about the way she looks at you, both with respect and childlike wonder. you hold her in your arms, humming the sacred hymns of the constellations.

you push away the memory of how sometimes your hand stings from the touch of her hands. how it burns, hisses and left your silk satin sleeves singed with the scent of smoke.

you tuck her into bed, hoping that in the morning, it’ll all be better.

Last edited by home on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fallin' like a shooting star, there's no other light

Postby home » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:26 pm

( word count : 502) (( song - nobody else / hwasa ))

the end of the world started with a sharp gasp as she tumbles off the side, grasping at thin air. fumbling around, the mage stretches out a hand, flicking her wrist to try and grab at a stray tree on the edge. weiss gulps as she misses, falling faster downwards.

“looks like i’ll be out for a little bit longer than expected.”

hugging her knees against her body, she shuts her eyes tight, and falls. a thousand twinkling constellations move behind her closed eyelids.

the sun rises.

the clouds call.

maybe this was just a dream after all.

she stares at the back of her hands, eyes widening as threads of shimmering stars flowed from them. a shimmery river of stars flow around her, coaxing her to sleep.

she counts the stars and shuts her eyes.

the universe shatters beneath her. shards graze her arms, stinging like glass. weiss shudders, smelling smoke in the air. somehow, the pain felt familiar. as if she had experienced this before. it felt like liquid fire seeping into her skin- like a matchstick to soft satin.
    there’s no painkiller or spell that could help her resist the pain.

the water is cold.

dust to ash, ash to ash as it rises to the sky.

she gasps as she finally lands, feeling cool rainwater drip onto her arms. it hisses, evaporating into gas as it lands on her arms, stinging with the heat of molten magma.
    she’s not sure how she’s still alive.
    a sob escapes from her, tears staining her clothing as she hugs her knees to her chest. her body hurts as she wipes tears away from her eyes. legs shaking, she forces her limbs to move, pushing herself off from the ground. her hands are covered with dirt and mud, but weiss stands. the young mage looks around, trying to find out where she was.
    her head spins. it hurts like hell, and suddenly all goes black. she collapses again, seeing watercolour swirls of pure purple and blue...

- - -

pressing a hand to the window, you sigh at the rainwater. a tiny star burns brightly through the sky, catching your eye. it’s a peculiar colour- glowing brightly of purple and periwinkle blue. your eyes widen in surprise.

you’d recognize those colours together anywhere.

you pull your coat on and rush out into the storm, running towards the little girl, heart pounding. you shake her, crying out her name and begging, praying to the stars that she was ok. “weiss!” you cry, hugging her as she blinks open her eyes.
    she blinks, looking at you.
    “who.. who are you?”
    you beam at her, “it’s me!” hoping that her last words were just a joke. weiss frowns, shaking her head.
    your heart sinks as the truth sets in.

gulping, you help her up. “let’s.. get you cleaned up, alright?” you try to smile. weiss looks hesitant, fumbling with the edge of her parka before nodding. taking your hand hesitantly, the starry eyed girl follows you back home.

Last edited by home on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part six //

Postby home » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:32 am

( word count : 521)

weiss sits in a wooden chair in a strange cottage smelling of fresh lemons and faintly of cinnamon. she hugs her knees close to her chest, unsure of her new surroundings.
    “do you.. remember anything at all?” the girl jumps as she hears the voice, before shaking her head.
    “n-no.” she replies quietly. she looks at her rescuers face, fumbling around with her the borrowed white sweater she had borrowed from them. “i-i guess i remember.. falling? not much from before that.” she quickly says, seeing the frown on their face. weiss huffs quietly, staring down at her hands.
    they pull up a chair across from hers, before sitting down. “i guess i better introduce myself- i’m lily.” they smile, pulling their hair back. “i promise i’m here to help you, and to get you home.” lily continues, “although, it’ll be hard if you don’t remember anything.” fii sighs, saddened. her gaze is soft as she looks at fii, before nodding.
    “i promise i’ll try my best to help me-i mean, you help me get back.” weiss stammers over her words, cursing at how awkward she was. lily laughs, before standing up.
    “so you don’t remember anything at all.” they say, picking a book off the shelf nearby. weiss nods, watching as lily sweeps around the room, picking up a paintbrush, and a set of watercolours. they place the items down on a table, gesturing for her to sit down next to it. the smell of warm butter and bread wafts her way as they offer her a slice. weiss accepts it, nibbling on her toast.
    the sun peeks through the pale yellow curtains, sweeping through the room, capturing it in a honey-like filter. coming back with a small jar of water, lily spreads out the paint in front of her. inhaling, lily takes the brush, dips it in the water, and then into the paint. handing the brush to weiss, she says simply, “paint.”

you’re very confused about what they say to you. “p-paint?”
    they nod. “mhm. can you paint.. what you still remember?” lily urges, pressing the brush into your hand. they look at you desperately, soft pink hair framing her face. gulping, you take the brush, and paint a streak of deep purple onto the pristine page. yikes, that was a bad stroke. you think, before dragging the brush left and right until it covered the page. shoulders relaxing, you add tiny streaks of pink and blue across the page.
    lily raises an eyebrow as you put down the brush. “that’s all?” you respond with a quick mhm, before slumping back in the chair, basking in the honey coloured sunlight. picking up your bread, you take a bite out of it as lily examines your handiwork. they smile, before taking a corner of it gently and clipping it up near the window. you furrow your eyebrow in confusion, before they explained that the paint needed to dry. pushing the book towards you, they add, “if anything comes up at all- especially at night! you can paint it in there.”
    you nod, unsure why they mentioned specifically at night.

Last edited by home on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

part seven //

Postby home » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:11 am

( word count : 500 )

---

soft sounds of crickets and the wind blowing through the willow trees sing through the air as lily flips through old photo books. the pages were yellowed and aged, but they could still make out the faces of two best friends through the soft flames of her candle. they were both beaming, hand in hand.
    they remember when the other kids laughed at weiss for being the shortest and how they fumed at them while weiss insisted it was alright. they remember splashing through the ocean waves, watching it lap up at their ankles as the sand settled between their toes. lily sighs and closes the book. when she left, she waved goodbye with tears in her eyes as lily waved as well. something about the stars always intrigued weiss- so it was fitting that they’d go on a little space exploration trip.
    lily’s eyes grew tired, and eventually, they fell asleep, dreaming of soft starry swirls.

---

weiss stares at the watercolour page, wondering what was missing from it. it didn’t look like much at the moment- maybe some highlights could help.
    picking up the brush, she dips it into some white paint, making tiny dots. connecting them one by one, she hums as it slowly starts to take shape. it looked like some sort of weird spider web- maybe lily could help her tomorrow morning.
    sitting back in the chair, something flickers in her mind. closing her eyes, she could make out faint foggy towers.. an observatory, perhaps?
    she gets back to painting.

they wake up to the warm sun glazing the room, the smell of lemon and bread wafting up the stairs. rubbing their eyes, lily yawns as she makes her way downstairs. a slumped over weiss on the table makes them chuckle, until their eyes land on the sketchbook.
    it was almost halfway filled.
    eyes widening, lily flips through the book, looking at the various space drawings, the observatory, the garden… weiss murmurs quietly, groaning about the bright sun before squealing as she opens her eyes to them flipping through the book. “h-hey!” she protests, waving her arms above it in an attempt to cover it up.
    “s-somethings came back to me last night.” she mumbles, pointing at the rough constellation she’d drawn the night before. “i-i think i saw that as i was falling. and- that one,” she points at a star in particular, “was the brightest.”
    lily squints at the constellation, making a frame with their fingers. “i think that’s the constellation orion,” they murmur, “which means, your home might be right by the star mintaka.”

“and how far is that?”

“..a couple hundred light years. at least.”

"at least?"

lily gulps. "h-hey, it's alright, we'll figure it out." they hug weiss, stroking her hair reassuringly. "we have all the time we need. you can stay as long as you need to." they murmur. holding weiss' hand gently, they look at her calmly. "it's alright. you are brave, you are loved, and you are safe."

Last edited by home on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» one month later »

Postby home » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:57 am

“hey! be careful!” i yell, watching fireflies dance around her. weiss adjusted well eventually- although she had become somewhat nocturnal. tiny stars glitter on her skin, flowing out of her fingertips like little silk strands. she seems to almost float in the sky, and weiss looked right at home. a smile lights up on my face, as i watch weiss slowly descend down to the ground, before landing with a gentle thump.
    “you think that i can go home soon like this?” she asks, hopeful. i think about it for a bit, humming quietly. i didn’t really want weiss to go home yet- the two of us still had so much to enjoy.
    “maybe.” i reply tentatively. “home is where the heart is- if your heart belongs up there,” i raise a hand to the sky. “then surely, you’ll be home soon.”
    the stars miss you too.
Last edited by home on Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i'm in your dreams, in your dreams, in your dreams

Postby home » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:38 pm

» six months later »
    the soft warm light of the candles illuminates your quill as you glide it across the paper. you cough from the dust collecting on your desk, but you finish the writing regardless.
    in the summer, you’d ask me about the stars and the different constellations, and i would answer as many questions as you desired. i could tell you always had something for them- maybe an affinity for them, perhaps.

the stars would sing you a hymn i’d play for you every night.

when the stars started affecting you, i was worried. sometimes it felt like the stars had taken you as their host, letting you feel all the fire when they burned out. i feared for you- and i hoped that the stars would take good care of you.

the stars would shatter and collapse for you, too.

tomorrow’s the day you’ll leave for aviosos again. i like the name you picked. i promise i’ll be back to see you again, one day. but for now, i’ll walk along the side of your favourite lake and hope all the best for you.

good luck, weiss.

weiss holds the sketchbook filled with paintings close to her chest. taking a deep breath, she runs past the cliff and leaps.
    sparks fly out of her fingertips as she floats, supported by the twinkling rhinestones in the sky.

if home is where the heart is- then i have two.
    one, in the midst of the stars,
    and one right next to you.

lily waves a hand goodbye, “we’ll meet again, soon!”
    and weiss smiles, and starts painting the sky with the starry night silks flowing from her hands.
home

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me