✩cac zodiac tryouts

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

✩cac zodiac tryouts

Postby salvation. » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:57 pm

these are my entries for the zodiacs, they should be posted in order of the ones i want most. so here's the list of the ones i'm trying out for!

aries (my western sign)
scorpio
pisces
tiger
monkey (my eastern sign)
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✩aries

Postby salvation. » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:21 pm

"This cat seems to always dive head first into dangerous situations and they seem to have gotten them-self into quite a pickle this time. What dangerous situation have they gotten them-self into this time? How did they get out of it?"

word count. 1102
march-april | aries
    username: salvation.
    clan: the fallen
    - -
    cat's name: wildflame
    cat's gender: female
    cat's age: 23 moons
    prompt fill:

the fall was rough, when wildflame hit the floor of the hole she thought she was never going to get back up. she shakily stood to her feet, her limbs aching. she looked up towards the opening of the hole where she could see her friend's tiny heads looking down at her.
"i'm okay!" she yelled, her voice echoing.
there was no response, she saw some of the heads disappear. she scowled, they had dared her to leap over the wide ravine and yet they did not seem like helping her at all. she turned her attention away from the mouth of the ravine and towards her surroundings. it was dark and the dirt beneath her paws was moist. It smelled foul and musty, and there appeared to be tunnels branching out of the ravine.
one of them had to be the way out. she thought, the walls were too steep to climb her way out through the way she came, going through the dark tunnels seemed to be her only choice.
she looked around at the tunnels near her, they could all lead to the surface or it could just lead to a dead end. she took one step forward and crunch. wildflame looked down and saw she had stepped on a skull, it wasn't one of a prey animal, it was a cat. she quickly moved back appalled by the sight of the skull. realization washed over her as she came to the conclusion that she was not the first to fall into the ravine and get stuck. fear soon replaced that feeling as the need to get out grew within her. without thinking about where she was going she darted into the nearest tunnel. her fear fueled her through a large portion of the tunnel but it wasn't long before she reached a dead end and all the adrenaline evaporated from her body. she stared at the blackness around her, the crushing weight of panic returning. tears pooled in her eyes as she claws at the dirt wall in front of her, of course it did nothing to aid her situation. she collapsed onto the floor of the tunnel, sobbing and thinking about how she would never return to the surface.

“seven. seven. seven. seven.” wildflame uttered the number as she marched along the tunnel, her paws hurt from walking and her eyes burned from the lack of sleep. she had been in the ravine walking through tunnels for seven days. eating rats or small rodents that appeared when she could, she even found a stream of water nearby to drink from. she had been through many tunnels and this seemed like the most promising one.
she had been walking in the dark for ages now, the tunnel would slope upwards sometimes filling the she-cat with hope that the surface was coming soon.
she opened her jaws hoping that the smell of trees or other cats would fill her senses but it was the same smell of must she had grown all too familiar with. “please.” she gasped as the tunnel started going up at an incline. “please.”
wildflame couldn’t believe her eyes at first, a small dot of white light lay up ahead. she had found a way out. she could finally be free. her steps became more frantic as she raced towards the light. she started digging, feeling the dirt fall past her as the small ray of light grew larger.
it burned, her eyes had become so accustomed to the dark it was hard to see. she breathed in the fresh air, clean and crisp nothing like the dank and dirty smell of the ravine. there was a light breeze that ruffled her dirty fur. she stood there for a minute relishing in her freedom.
her clan. she had to get back to them, they must have been worried, or maybe they thought she had died. she’d show them, she’d come back as a legend for escaping the ravine that cats before her could not accomplish. she stopped. maybe they had done it on purpose, they knew she wouldn’t pass up a good dare that would make her seem better than the rest. she hung her head low as she continued on her way towards her home.

cats stared at the brown furred she-cat as she entered camp, of course she had been missing for several days and here she was thinner, covered in dirt, with a tired look on her face. the watchers began to circle around her as she made her way towards the ledge where the leader was busy chatting with his deputy.
the deputy spotted her first, he flicked his tail and the leader’s eyes widened when he saw wildflame.
“wildflame! you’re back!” the last part of his sentence sounded more surprised than happy. “how did you-”
“the tunnels… i crawled out through them.”
he chuckled. “very clever. you always were a smart one weren’t you wildflame. apparently too smart for the fools who were supposed to get rid of you.” he glared at a group of cats who shifted uncomfortably.
“what are you talking about?” wildflame asked.
“come on wildflame. you really thought you could jump the ravine? you’re too proud, it gets in the way of training and patrols.”
“is that it? my pride was too much for you so you decided to get rid of me?” she snarled.
“no. you’re angry, filled with rage. the apprentices fear you because you snap at them for every little thing they do wrong. you’re not a good fit for the clan.”
“then why leave me down there to die? you could have just told me and i would’ve left.” she looked around at the other cats. “i don’t even need this clan anyway.”
he shrugged. “it wasn’t my idea. albeit it was a good one. but since you survived, i will let you leave, and never come back.”
he started to turn away. wildflame unsheathed her claws. “you’re pathetic! a coward, i could fight you right here right now to prove that i deserve to stay!”
three cats stepped in front of her. “you do that, and you’ll regret it wildflame. besides… i thought you didn’t need us.”
wildflame calmed down. “coward.” she spat, her ears flattening as she padded out of the camp. feeling the eyes of her former clanmates searing into her back. she didn’t need them, she didn’t need any of them.
salvation.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me