Kal Try-Out (Rein)

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Kal Try-Out (Rein)

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:24 pm

ImageImage

ImageImage

Want to get into the mood while reading this? Listen to the playlist created for this story.
©
Last edited by Sinful_Lies on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Childhood

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:08 pm

XxX Rein looked out from the small porch of his family's hut, the forest laid just beyond his reach. Rein would spend hours watching the shadows of the forest twist and turn without a care in the world. As the shadows moved they would call out for him to join them. They whispered promises of something far more interesting than life as a small farm boy. Though the shadows played they always came and went, being replaced by newer ones that could create different shapes and patterns. Oh how Rein wished he could be like them, coming and going as they wished, turning themselves into whatever they could manage to.

XxX Rein sighed, believing that maybe if he could breathe hard enough he'd dislodge the sadness in his heart and lungs. Rein stood from where he sat. He did not have time to enjoy his shadows, not today. Today was the day that his father and older brother's got back from market. Rein's family went to market about once a month to get goods that they could not produce on their own farm. As he made his way around to the front of the hut he saw his father walking up the path to their house, the bags Rein's father had once carried full of lambs wool and fresh crops now filled with different items. Rein noticed that his siblings were also carrying bag filled to the brim with goodies.

XxX Rein ran over to his father, taking the bag off of the old Kal's shoulders. "Welcome home papa!"

XxX Though Rein was cold and distance with everyone the only one to break through his walls was his father. Rein was never able to keep his walls up around his father.

XxX "I am happy to finally be home." Rein's father grinned before ruffling the younger Kal's fur.

XxX Rein smiled at his father before trotting inside with the heavy bag, he never understood how his family could carry the heavy weights as far as they did. The couple feet he moved felt like miles.

XxX After awhile everyone began to finally settle down from their greetings and excitement. Rein was happy the chaos was finally over and he could enjoy some alone time before supper. Rein walked from the living room to the back porch. When Rein settled into his usual spot to sit and think in he noticed the shadows had moved a little closer. As he looked closer he realized that it was actually only one shadow that had moved closer. The shadow leaped and frolicked all on its own, forming the shape of a rabbit.

XxX Rein sat glued in his place, scared that if he moved he would scare it off, but the longer he watched the more tempted he felt to go over to it. The shadow wasn't in the woods, so he wouldn't get into trouble if he tried to play with it. After some time thinking about it he decided that there would be no harm in trying to befriend the creature. Rein stood from his spot and began slowly walking towards the shadow. As soon as he began to move the shadow stopped its dance, but it never ran in the opposite direction. So Rein took that as a sign to keep going. Rein kept going until he was almost nose to nose with the shadow, it was almost as big as he was.

XxX "Hello." Rein spoke quietly, afraid that at any moment he would due something wrong and send the shadow in the opposite direction.

XxX "Hello." It responded in a crackly old voice.

XxX "I'm Rein!" The young kal responded cheerfully.

XxX "Hello!" The shadow responded again. Rein tried his best to get more words out of the creature, but it didn't seem to be able to say anything else.

XxX Though Rein's new friend couldn't really talk back to him he would take it. He never had a friend. And so that's how it began, Rein spending his days out at the edge of the woods talking with a shadow that could never respond back.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Later Years

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:29 pm

XxX Rein ran as fast as his legs would let him, they were chasing him. Who, who was chasing him? How did he know he was being chased? What happened before this? Rein did not have time to think over the questions clouding his mind, it would use up his precious energy. Rein could feel his lungs ripping their way through his chests, if he didn't stop soon he'd pass out, but he couldn't. He couldn't stop, they were still behind him. Rein's muscles seized up, he had nothing left to give. Rein felt his legs fall out from beneath him as he fell through the roots and leaves around him.

XxX As Rein cam to a final stop he looked over his shoulder to see what was about to get him. As he watched his Shadow Rabbit stepped out from the foliage. Relief washed over Rein as he saw it walk towards him.

XxX "You must get it before they do. I'll lead you, but you must follow." His Shadow Rabbit spoke to him for the first time since their meeting. "You must trust me."

XxX Rein didn't know what to say, what was happening? He felt as though he was finally loosing his mind. As Rein stared at his friend he watched as it changed itself into something different. Rein suddenly felt the fear from before engulf his body. As he went to stand his once friend enveloped him completely.

XxX Rein's body woke with a jolt, "It was just a dream."

XxX Rein tried to reason with himself as he let his heart rate slow. Rein took a deep breath and decided he would get up to get some much needed water, he felt like he had just ran forever. As Rein sat up he looked out his window to notice his Shadow Rabbit watching him from the edge of the forest. Rein had never seen his friend at night, the Rabbit only came out during the day.

XxX As Rein made eye contact with the Rabbit he remembered what it had told him in his dream. Though Rein wanted to just brush it off he felt as though he couldn't. Something about the dream was to real to be just a dream. Rein felt an itch to follow his friend to wherever they wanted to lead him to. As Rein watched his friend he realized he had already made up his mind.

XxX Rein would follow his friend to where ever it lead him before making his way back home.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Star Of Adventure

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm

XxX Rein packed a backpack full of different things he believed he would need with him on his journey. He had a his favorite blanket, stuffed elephant (that was given to him by his father), a scarf, and enough food for a week. Rein convinced himself he would be gone no longer than a week, so with a final goodbye he wrote a note to his family explain that he was going on an adventure and planned to be back within a weeks time. He wrote that they should not follow him as he did not know where it was he was headed.

XxX As Rein finished his long note he grabbed his bag and walked towards the back door. Out on the Forest's edge he saw his Rabbit friend waiting for him. Rein knew that his friend was ready to head out and just waiting for him. With one last look at his family's small hut he headed out. Rein did not know where he was going, or what he was looking for, but he knew that he would find it.

XxX Rein hopped down from his porch and over to where his Shadow Rabbit sat patiently. Rein had grown a lot since their first meeting and now towered over the small shadow, but it was never scared of him.

XxX "Lead the way." Rein motioned for his Rabbit friend to go first. It perked its ears before beginning to hop into the dark forest.

XxX As Rein stepped into the forest he felt something break inside of him. Something that was seemingly holding him and everyone in his family stuck in one place. When Rein returned he would show his siblings the beauty and grace of the forest. Rein followed his friend through the stunning forest, seemingly never getting tired or hungry. Rein never thought of food or rest, he only wanted to complete his task and return to his family. Though as Rein kept walking he hadn't realized a week had passed, nor had he realized his friend had left him a ling while ago.

XxX He friend had tempted him into the cursed forest only to leave him stranded by himself.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Forest

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:59 pm

XxX The forest was nothing like you'd expect. This forest danced with shadows that would tempt you in their direction to only leave you stranded more lost than you were before. Rein learned pretty fast that if he ever wanted to make it out of the forest he would have to follow his gut and not his heart. The Shadows only left you with broken promises and saddened heart.

XxX Rein looked up towards the sky wishing that he had been wiser with who and what he trusted. Rein wished that he had listened to his mother and father about the forest and stayed out of it, yet he never did. His curiosity always got the best of him.

XxX Rein felt his legs carry him in directions that he was unsure of, but he had not the will in him to change their direction. If they knew where they were going let them go, they had more direction than his head did, and Rein did not trust his heart, not anymore.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Reason

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm

XxX Rein watched his feet, he found that he would often trip if he did not pay attention to where he was looking. As Rein walked he felt a warmth begin to surround him, it was something he had unknowingly forgot the feeling of. Rein looked up, wanting to know what was creating such a peaceful feeling as the feel had became so forgotten to the Kal. The place in front of Rein was stunning, it was a temple. Though it was run down and falling apart Rein could tell it was once a beautiful place cherished by whoever had made it.

XxX "What is something so beautifully warm be doing in a place so horribly cold?" Rein spoke allowed as he walked through the entrance in the temple.

XxX "The same could be said about you my love." Someone spoke from somewhere around Rein.

XxX Rein looked all around himself, he hadn't heard another voice in a ling time. "Who are you?" He called out timidly.

XxX "Who are you?" The voice questioned him back and for the first time in forever Rein thought about it, who was he?

XxX "I am unsure. At one point I thought I knew, but now, now I am simply lost." Rein responded with his head down.

XxX "Well I know who you are." The voice spoke. "I have seen you adventure through my forest for quite some time now. I am happy that you have finally found me."

XxX Rein looked up. "You've been watching me? You could have kept me company!" Rein was upset, how long had he been with this creature?

XxX "You miss understand me." A set of footsteps came out of nowhere, followed my a Kal with a glowing halo. "I am the God of this forest, I watch over the creatures that live here. Though I am a God I can not live forever and as I have aged I have lost my power over the creatures here. Which has lead to them pulling innocent souls into this place."

XxX Rein stared at the old Kal in front of him. He was a God? He surely did not look like one.

XxX "I know I do not look like one now, but in my youth I was see as nothing short of great." The God had read Rein's mind, making him feel embarrassed.

XxX "I'm sorry," Rein mumbled.

XxX The God chuckled before falling into a fit of coughs that ended after a short while. "It is okay my love, I was like you at one point."

XxX "I craved an adventure beyond my reach. One that was to grand for someone so small, yet I thought I was invincible." The Old God seemed to get lost in his memories of the past. "But that's beside the point, you were the first to find my temple, thus granting you my crown and place as God of the Forest."

XxX Rein stared at the Old God in shock before bursting out in a fit of giggles. "Okay old man. I was roped into a place away from my life to wander for god knows how long, to eventually run into some run down temple where some crazy dude tells me he is a God and that the forest I have been lost in is now my Kingdom. Am I getting this right?!"

XxX The God stared at Rein. "Pretty much."

XxX "So let's say I entertain this crazy notion for even a second, how do you know I am not going to destroy the forest the minute I get my hands on it?" Rein asked the God starting to get frustrated with the situation.

XxX "I know you won't harm the forest because only those with a pure intentions and a longing for something can find my temple." The God spoke quietly to Rein.

XxX Rein couldn't believe what he was hearing. After an insanely long time he was given what he had been longing for, hope. Hope that maybe there was an actual reason for him being in this forest. Maybe this God was telling the truth.

XxX "I am, I know it's hard to trust, but you can still believe. Believe that I am telling you the truth." The God's eyes softened.

XxX Rein let out a heavy sigh. "I trust you."
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A God

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:08 pm

XxX Rein closed his eyes as the Old God before him began to turned into a great ball of light. As quickly as the warmth and light of the Old God appeared it disappeared, but not completely. Rein could still feel a small amount of warmth and light around him. He stood their, afraid that when he opened his eyes the Old God would be gone, and though he feared it he knew that the God was gone. The Old God had been the first Kal he had seen since he entered the forest.

XxX After awhile Rein allowed his eyes to open to find a cleaned temple around him. It held some similarities to the one he had just been in, but it was somehow different. The temple had statues of Kals sitting on pillars and as he looked closely at them he realized that all shared one thing in common, a halo, the same halo he had seen the Old God wearing. Towards the end of the temple's main hall he noticed the a statue of the Old God. The statue brought a warm feeling to Rein. Though he did not know the Old God for long he felt as though it had made an impact on his life.

XxX At the sound of shuffling behind him Rein turned around to see the the last thing he expected to be at the temple entrance, his Shadow Rabbit. The Rabbit sat on its hind legs and stared directly at Rein.

XxX Rein felt an angry grow inside of him, "Leave now! You are not welcomed here!"

XxX "I am sorry for leaving you, but I couldn't take you any further. You had to find this place on your own." The Rabbit hung its head in shame.

XxX Rein was taken aback. "You can speak?"

XxX "You can only hear me because you are the god of The Shadowed Forest." The Shadow Rabbit explained.

XxX Rein watched his old friend closely, not sure how to respond to what was being said.

XxX "Everyone who had the ability to become the next god was brought to the forest by their own Shadow. That Shadow would become their second in command and teach them the ways of the forest. I am yours." The Shadow Rabbit hung his head, "Though if you choose not to forgive me for leaving you here I understand."

XxX Rein looked at his Shadow Rabbit, the one who had betrayed him more than anyone ever had. "I forgive you."

XxX "Really?!" The Shadow's head perked up instantly. "My name is Jink."

XxX Rein smiled happily, he finally knew his friend's name. "Well Jink, you have a lot to teach me."

XxX Jink smiled back before shifting into a Kal, surprising both of them.

XxX "What just happened? Why are you different?" Rein asked, confused.

XxX "Every Shadow Creature transforms when they become a God's right hand man, but I didn't know it would happen right away." Jink smiled happily at Rein.

XxX "Well, I guess that's just another thing I'll have to get used to." Rein chuckled.

XxX "I have things to show you now, God of the Shadowed Forest." Jink grinned.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Learning

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:21 pm

XxX After sometime learning the ins and outs of the forest Rein now called his kingdom he realized he had the power to return everyone who was lost with him back to their time. When they would return back to their homes it is as if they have been gone for a single week, leaving little to no change in their lives. Though as Rein went to return to his family he found that time had passed. The hut his family had once lived in sat old, run down and abandoned. When Rein saw this he was over come with grief. He had promised to be back in a week and though he knew his journey took longer than that he thought it would be like everyone else.

XxX Tears filled Rein's eyes as he walked through the hut he had once called home. "They're gone Jink. I'm gone. I promised them I'd be back."

XxX Jink walked over to his crying friend, pulling him into a tight hug. "I'm sorry." Jink couldn't help but feel guilty about the while thing, if he didn't bring Rein into the forest the Kal would be able to grow old.

XxX The two sat like that for awhile, simply finding comfort in one another's embrace.

XxX "Promise me you''ll never leave." Rein spoke out of nowhere.

XxX Jink didn't have to think before respond, "I promise." He knew that they would be there for each other forever.

XxX Rein sobered up not long after his breakdown. Rein took a deep breath before making his way back into the forest realizing theat though he released everyone else he could not release himself from the shadows that had swallowed him whole, and though he longed to return home he knew it was not where he belonged. No, he belonged in these woods with Jink, helping everyone who had been as lost as he was.
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me