❥ kalon 1700 >> sweet & sour 🍬🍋

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

❥ kalon 1700 >> sweet & sour 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:18 am

[art piece #1]

do not post
tryout form for kalon 1700

introduction
accessories
am I sweet or sour?
credits
quick mention

"when life gives you lemons... squirt them in people's eyes."
Last edited by ☼ sun bear ☼ on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
☼ sun bear ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ kalon 1700 >> introduction 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:25 am

♡ username: ☼ sun bear ☼
♡ name: belladonna (a poisonous plant; means "beautiful lady")
♡ gender: female
♡ sexuality: bicurious
♡ pronouns: she/her // they/them

"a little lemon juice makes everything taste better."
Last edited by ☼ sun bear ☼ on Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☼ sun bear ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ kalon 1700 >> accessories 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:51 am

♡ swirled pink and blue shear scarf
♡ three neon hair ties
♡ dripping heart bow
♡ candy dangle earrings (peppermint; lollipop; rainbow belt)
♡ belladonna's shear scarf may symbolize partial/complete transparency. she may feel likes others pity her due to her mental illness. she may also feel that this transparency lets one see what lies deep in her heart; her secret that she has tried so hard to hide.
neon hair ties
♡ bella's (short for belladonna) hair ties could represent her wish for a simpler life. hair ties are often tied to a "basic" or "simple" look, which is a possible reason for her to carry them around.
dripping heart bow
♡ this bow could symbolize her heart's biggest desires; love, adoration; friends; romance. All things she believes she cannot have. This bow is tied to her, both physically and mentally.
candy earrings
♡ the candy dangle earrings belladonna wears may symbolize both her sweet and sour side. for example, the lollipop and peppermint may both symbolize the side of her that hasn't come up in years, while the rainbow belt represents her sour side, the one currently dominating over her.

*by possible symbolism, I mean that the symbolic meaning of these accessories are up to the person seeing them to decide and that these are possible ways one may interpret them. ♡

[221/300]

"know you the land where lemon trees bloom?"
Last edited by ☼ sun bear ☼ on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
☼ sun bear ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ kalon 1700 >> am I sweet or sour? 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:59 am

[art piece #2]

key
bold "quotations" - belladonna
(()) - a note; not part of the story
'words' - thinking
________

The shadows loom over me, closing in, coming closer and closer. My heartbeat speeds up, my eyes widen. I am glued to the spot, unable to even let out a shriek. They pounce as one, long black fingers outstretched to grab at me. I let out a mental scream. And I awaken.

I scramble out bed, my head swaying. Sweat pours down my face like a waterfall and I turn to face the mirror. I see a tired girl staring back, scrawny and small. I slowly run my fingers from the top of my head down to the corners of my mouth and begin to pull them up, forming an odd half-smile. I hold it there for a second, my mind twisting and turning with nothingness before I snap back into reality. I quickly let it go, unnerved. My paws running through my thick fur, I walk to my barred window. The people look like mice from up here, tiny and moving around with a purpose. I notice the dark trails following each and every one of them and shiver, my eyes closing.

This is the effect of my mental illness. I can see the dark side of others. The doctors say I just imagine them, that it's nothing. They also say I can be fixed but from this I can tell they lie. I feel evil, vile. I can sense how seeing these things are rubbing off on me, the darkness eating away at my soul, little by little, piece by piece. And to think I was once normal. I had friends, a girlfriend, loving parents and a safe place to call home. I now have nothing but the sterile white walls and bed and floor of my room at the mental institution. I am a monster. A freak. A nobody.

"I feel like I'm going crazy. Or I guess, becoming crazier." I say to the nurse rolling in a cart of food, cold and bland. A shadow follows her, a wide smile plastered to it's face. I look away. The nurse says nothing, always facing me, as if she was afraid I might attack her if she turned away. 'I might just' I thought, shame flooding me. I shut up and carefully eye the dark side of the nurse. It's ears are pointed back, a snarl now in place. It begins to mutter, "God why do I still work here, I swear one of these days I'm gonna get injured." It shoots a pointed glare at me and I blush in embarrassment. The dark creature represent the true, dark thoughts of the nurse. And I hear and see everything. The pain is worse that anyone can possibly imagine, like a constant stabbing to your already cracked heart.

I eat quietly that day, lying in bed, staring up at the wall. As I close my eyes, my head is blank. Both empty of dreams and nightmares. Somehow this terrifies me. I feel odd, like something is going to happen, but nothing has. I sleep.

I wake up to my room door being buzzed open by a huge man with gruff eyes and a nasty frown. He eyes me once, twice, before saying loudly and seemingly with anger, "You're going out for the night. Just follow me, you won't need to take anything." I stare blankly, confused. His dark side seems to grow larger with every passing second but I can't think. "Going out?" I finally blurt out. My right eye twitches slightly.

His fur bristles. "Must I explain everything? Yes, you are going out. Now. So follow me." I obey, slinking past his large dark shadow and quickly hurry behind the strange man. My heart's beating out of my chest. By out do they mean out of my room? I've done that before. Or out, as in actually outside? It's been what? Two, three years since I've been outside? It's hard to keep track of time in here, especially when I'm so worried about becoming like the creatures I constantly see.

We walk through countless halls lined with doors just like mine. Each door is set with a small, barred window where I could see inside. Most people lay strewn on their beds, pumped up with medicines, but many others stood at the doors, laughing and screaming. Their darkness stood by them, crazier, eviler, holding shadow weapons. I shy away from the louder ones, the ones with darker shadows. Their shadows are the quiet, staring ones. The broken ones. 'What I'll become...' my mind spews forth, casuing me to wince.

We continue walking and I notice that my mouth is curved into a horrible smile. It quickly turns into a straight line as I concentrate on the swish swish of Big Guy’s tail. ‘How in the world am I being taken outside? I can barely control myself in here.’ A spark of fear flashed through me. What if I lost control? Broke my mind? I’ve had my episodes before, rampages through my small white room. It was always ugly.

After what seems like an eternity, we finally walk into a large glass office, staring out into the city below. An older kalon sits at the desk, her mouth a hyphen. Her dark counterpart scoffs in disgust when it sees me, but the kalon simply forces a tight smile.

“Welcome dear. Please, have a seat. We need to discuss about this... early departure.” She motions to one of the plush chairs and I take a seat, a bead of sweat threatening to drip onto her mahogany desk. Her darkness settles into another armchair and begins to hum a tune I haven’t heard before. The notes seems wrong but I don’t say anything in risk of exposing myself further. You see, everyone thinks I’m better. Or that I’m at least getting better. I’m not. I can feel that I’m getting worse, I can see and hear the shadows more clearly. My nightmares intensify with every passing night.

work in progress
[/4000]
Last edited by ☼ sun bear ☼ on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:26 am, edited 9 times in total.
☼ sun bear ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ kalon 1700 >> credits 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:08 am

♡ all fonts from 1001 fonts
♡ prompt idea from various friends with mental illnesses (♡)
♡ quotes taken from internet explorer
"Know you the land where lemon trees bloom?" by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
♡ kalon sketch by Kyar (great job and great idea! ♡)
♡ kalon lineart by Schnuffel Bunny (wonderfully done! ♡)
♡ kalon design by Aey (absolutely breathtaking! ♡)
♡ kalon accessories by me (eh.. I did ok lol ♡)

"sweet or sour, I'll always love you."
Last edited by ☼ sun bear ☼ on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
☼ sun bear ☼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ kalon 1700 >> quick mention 🍬🍋

Postby ☼ sun bear ☼ » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:09 am

reserved; this won't make any sense until I finish the prompt ♡
☼ sun bear ☼