∆ Kalon 1700 - Sweet or Sour? ∆

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

∆ Kalon 1700 - Sweet or Sour? ∆

Postby Rosemoon » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:48 am

☆。*。☆。 ────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────────── ☆。*。☆。
☆。*。☆。 ────────────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────────── ☆。*。☆。

Name:
Omisha, Goddess of Life and Death

Have you ever been asked: sweet or sour? A vague question, left open for your mind to wander. What would your answer be? Would it be sweet like fresh fruits off of tropical trees? Or sour like the candies you get at a movie theater on Friday nights?

Omisha was running through the busy sidewalk of the downtown city, trying very hard not to knock people down with her large build. The little fairy lights hanging off her body jingled like bells as the bulbs hit each other from the momentum. She had notebooks spilling from her arms and papers flying everywhere.
"Professor Claus is gonna kill me..." She huffed, her chest a large paperweight as her lungs constricted slightly.
Landing on the doorstep to the small college building, the brightly colored Kal was left on the marble stairway panting and gasping for air briefly. The doors swung open and a Kal in a clean tan tweed suit stepped out.
"Miss... Uh..." He stared at her with a dead expression of boredom and non-amusement.
"I don't have a last name, it's just Omisha" she said quickly.
The professor raised an eyebrow.
"Indeed... You're late. Your essay is due in three days, I hope you're better prepared then than you are now..." He turned and walked back inside, leaving the door open so his student could walk in and join the rest for the lecture.
Omisha hustled in towards her usual spot in the back where she could work on her essay in peace.
"Now students, I need you to listen carefully. All the other professors might be more lenient with times and projects and stuff, but I am not. Failure for you to be proper and punctual is a failure on my part, and I am no failure. Open your computers for the next round of note taking on Mary Shelley..."
There was the sound of shifting in chairs and clicking keys before Omisha realized that was the one thing she forgot.
"I'll just take notes in my notebook if I feel it's necessary..." The sounds around her soon faded away as she became immersed in her writing.

So what exactly is sweet and sour if not the first expression you think of? Well, sour can be the way someone acts in a cranky manner, it can be when something is spoiled like dairy, and it can be be described as something with a particular type of bitterness. Sweet can mean the way someone shows you kindness, it can be a way of saying something is cool... So what do I choose?

"Excuse me, ma'am!"
Omisha snapped her head up so fast she got whiplash from smacking directly back into the wall of reality.
"Omm...ishh...aa..." She slurred a bit as her head spun.
"Whatever, you need to pay attention, or would you rather fail my class?"
"I am paying attention! I'm also trying to do my essay that YOU assigned, or would you rather me be "ill prepared"?"
The professor narrowed his eyes in annoyance.
"Fine, so be it. You've sealed your own fate, tell me... What is one fact about Mary Shelley?"
Omisha felt her paws start sweating and the goo on her body felt as if it was melting to the floor.
"I know that she wrote Frankenstein when she was 18 and it got published in 1818" she rubbed her temple lightly and kept two out of three of her eyes closed, her top one keeping watch of the man's expression.
He made a disapproving sound and flicked his wrist dismissively.
"I'll allow it. Going off of that, in 1811, Mary also-" the bell rang and everyone got up as quickly as they could. Omisha tried blending in with the crowd until she could squeeze out the door and escape without being noticed.
Running down the street once again, this time at a slower pace and without rush, Omisha headed towards a small building in a beat up neighborhood. She felt her anxiety rise as she entered the building and went straight to the top floor.
The first apartment she saw she knocked, and a short pink Kal with two ears and two tails answered.
"Omisha!! Oh I'm so glad to see you, I missed you!" She hugged the tired girl.
"Paradox... Am I glad to see youre home... I need to nap... No maybe not nap, just... Chill... Heck..." She walked in and slumped on the nearest couch.
"Why did you knock? You live here" Paradox closed the door and went back to what she had previously been doing, which so happened to be tending to a wide arrange of tiny succulents in various cat-shaped pots.
"I forgot my keys, I was in a hurry" Omisha closed her top eye and let the bottom two close only slightly, a low glow emitting from her horn as an ugly homemade mug from the counter slowly started floating to her, a dark brown liquid almost black sloshing everywhere.
Paradox turned quickly and grabbed the mug.
"First of all, this is my coffee. Second, if you wanted one I could make you one that's not cold and bitter" she went into the kitchen taking out an equally ugly mug and turning on a coffee pot. "Sugar bug, what's going on?"
"I have an essay due in three days and I don't know how to answer it. I've been butt-shooting it until I can figure out what to write..." She slouched further on the couch.
"Butt-shooting?" Paradox stifled a laugh while bringing over the finished coffee and a small pitcher of cream.
"I'm trying to cut down on the swearing, for you of course beautiful love of all that is bright" Omisha took it gratefully and paused before chugging it down, Paradox standing there holding the cream with a blank stare.
"Didn't think you thought of me that way, also I would relax on the coffee, you're gonna blow your heart up" she snorted in amusement and went back to her succulents, placing the pitcher on the counter.
A small beeping noise could be heard from Omisha's phone, but it wasn't a normal beeping. She recognized it immediately and groaned.
"So much for relaxing..."
"Work, already?" Paradox raised an eyebrow.
"My job never sleeps, my dude".
"What is your job again, exactly?"
"I'll tell you tomorrow... Maybe" she got up and walked out the door and up into the balcony of the building. With one deep breath, Omisha disappeared with a puff of smoke and reappeared in a void of nothingness.
"Child, your mission is here, and it is quite different this time" a booming bodiless voice echoed.
"What could it possibly be, dad, a raccoon? Ooo, so important" Omisha said in a mocking tone, clearly tired and irritated.
"No! This time, my child, you are not collecting a soul of the deceased".
Omisha tilted her head, now a bit interested.
"Okay so... What am I doing? Isn't that what a grim reaper is supposed to do, collect dead peeps souls?"
"This is a more complicated matter. This is a man who refuses to die but has been very long overdue for his passing... In order for the fates to realign, you must kill him yourself".
"What?! I can't just MURDER someone!" Omisha fell back on her rump in surprise, her lights clinking off of an invisible floor that gave no reflection to give notice of it's existence.
"You must! It is your duty! This man has broken the laws of time and death and must be destroyed! Now- GO!"
There was a bright blinding light as Omisha was bathed in white, her eyes pierced with rays of daggers as she was thrown back into the mortal world at her given destination.
It was a small suburban home, a cute stone pathway leading up to the front steps lined with various flowers, and a yard filled with kids toys. The sun had set in her absence and all that could be heard was the sound of crickets calling each other with lonely hearts. All that could be seen was a few ground lights flickering on like candles and the sky being painted with faint little balls of fire from a million light years away.
Omisha padded softly up the path, careful not to be seen or heard despite being invisible to mortals at the moment.
She walked straight through the door, her body translucent and shimmering. There was a man sitting in a chair watching two small children playing with toys on the rug by a newly lit fire.
"Lani, Vic, time for bed" he called softly.
"Aw, okay Daddy..." The children took turns kissing their fathers cheek before scampering up the stairs, giggling.
The Kal rised from his place slowly, and without turning around took off a pair of glasses and folded them gently on the side table.
"I was wondering when one of you would show up" he said, not in a tone of fear or anger... But warm greetings?
"Is it just you and them?" Omisha asked warily, a lump catching in her throat as a scythe appeared from dust.
"No no, my son-in-law and daughter are doctors, they're just at work for the moment" he said with a chuckle and turned. He was a Mister Roger's type, with kind old eyes and a smile that could lift even the coldest of hearts and hardened of spirits.
"Living with your kids and two grandkids? Sounds like such a nice life, to have a big family like that to love you" Omisha settled down, procrastinating on her duty.
"Yes, I even had a husband and a wife, the three of us raised our daughter until they passed away, five years apart recently" he held his hands clasped together and his head went down a tad as if his mind had wandered back into a long distant memory.
"You were supposed to die a while ago, weren't you?"
There was a sad look in his eyes before he sighed and answered.
"Yes, I'll admit I may have dabbled into the occult for a bit to avoid my demise..."
"Why?" Omisha let her body take a full physical form now, guard down.
"I just wanted to see my family grow. But... Now I realize there's not a whole lot left for me here. My children are successful, and my grandchildren are the best... I'm sure they won't want another babysitter" he laughed sadly in a weary tone, "but... I think I've done all I could now for them. I will go with you now," he looked at Omisha and gave a more happier smile, "my, my. I truly love how wonderful you look. You're so unique, so pretty. I'm glad I'll be going with an angel, I wouldn't want it any other way".
Omisha smiled, nobody has ever really complimented her like that. She grew up being fairly feared, even now most people avoid her except her open hearted roommate and her hate-everyone-regardless professor.
"Thank you, that's the nicest thing I've heard in so long"
"People should be spreading kindness like that more often, it makes moments like these more enjoyable. I'd rather leave a memory of joy than a trail of broken hearts and tears" he bowed slowly, his body shaking a bit showing the age his appearance didn't give away.
"I'm ready, my dear".
Omisha lifted up her scythe, tears streaming down her cheeks now as she started to cry. "What's wrong? You're not the one leaving, silly thing" the man said kindly.
"I don't want to do this... I'm supposed to be collecting souls, not taking the lives away myself... I don't want to hurt you..." She sobbed.
"Oh come now, I'm just an old Kal. You need not to worry about me, I'll make it over just fine into the afterlife. I have my faith, and I have my trust in you," he held her paws in his and patted them gently with only the kindness a grandfather who has had a heavy heart for decades would give, "I'm ready. I promise".
Omisha took a deep breath and nodded, pulling her paws away and rearing up her scythe. In one swift movement she slashed it down, the blade going straight through his body without damaging a single cell, but instead turning his soul into a ball of dust that was sucked back into the weapon. Omisha dropped it as the body fell, cold, and she felt herself fall to her knees and her physical form go invisible.
There was a noise at the door and two younger Kals rushed in upon seeing the man lifeless.
"Dad! Oh my god Dad! Call 911" they yelled.
Omisha got up, her fur stained with tears, and walked somberly out the door, the scythe disappearing again as she dragged her feet through the threshold.
She closed her eyes and when they opened, she had appeared back into the dark void, her heart feeling just as vast and cold.
"Don't cry for me, hun. I had a good life, and I'm proud of the legacy I left behind. All I ask of you is to do the same" a voice echoed before disappearing.
"You have done well my child, you are free to go".
A few hours passed before Omisha entered the apartment again. She took off her lights and such and settled down into her bed next to Paradox, who immediately rolled over and snuggled up into Omisha's goop and fur and bone without a care. She smiled in her sleep and purred.
Omisha was having a hard time feeling anything as she just layed there, her heart heavy still.
"Mnng... Omi, what..." Paradox lifted her head a bit, frightened. "You smell like death, what happened?"
Omisha touched her nose to her friend's head. "Don't worry, love. Just ran into some roadkill on my way home by accident. I'll shower in the morning".
Paradox nodded and fell back into Omisha's chest, drifting back into a peaceful sleep.

So what do I choose? I choose sweet. Sweet like the smell of a corpse of someone who had been avoiding death for much too long. Sweet like the voice of someone who was always taking care of others before themself. Sweet like the bitter feeling of longing in my chest when I try to make sense of who I am in this world and where my place is.

I am sweet.

{ Song Lyric Template Made By Oakhearted || Pure Premades Do not remove this credit! © }
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me