ARTIST APPS CLOSED. Lineart now available for general use!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Wanna be a CS Artist? Apply now!

Postby Tess » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Equilibriumm wrote:
sun wrote:
Equilibriumm wrote:Question - are we able to submit to both Pet and Item artist to try? or should I choose only one?

you can apply for both if you'd like ^^

Alrighty! Ty for answering ^^ Also! to Items - would it be better if I'd do another layer, just to not alter the lines? ^^'
I'm bit confused by "Tail" mostly.

Yes, work on a layer above the pets. Don't erase the tail underneath, you need to find a creative way to cover it up (like we do with real CS dressups) :)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equilibriumm » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Tess wrote:Yes, work on a layer above the pets. Don't erase the tail underneath, you need to find a creative way to cover it up (like we do with real CS dressups) :)

Ah alrighty! and last question: do the drawings have to be made in chickenpaint, or can they have to be outside of it?
I made a lot of artwork outside the chickenpaint, since there I have more freedom to do so <3

I might change it one day ♥
Equilibriumm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Equilibriumm wrote:
Tess wrote:Yes, work on a layer above the pets. Don't erase the tail underneath, you need to find a creative way to cover it up (like we do with real CS dressups) :)

Ah alrighty! and last question: do the drawings have to be made in chickenpaint, or can they have to be outside of it?
I made a lot of artwork outside the chickenpaint, since there I have more freedom to do so <3

The artwork must be outside chicken paint - all of our pets and items are done offsite!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Equilibriumm » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm

Alright, I got another question ^^'
So once I color in the item - this should be whole 1 layer, but because of fill in tool, it fills bit of lineart. If I try with wand tool, it makes the line look "binary" (in other words, Pixely) near lineart. Should I not worry about small details such as bit too much into lineart/pixely near lineart?

I might change it one day ♥
Equilibriumm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:35 pm

Direwolf_1411225 wrote:Question, I can apply for both item and pet colouring, but is it possible for me to be accepted as an artist for both? Also, if I happened to become an artist and get accepted, do the design of the pets I make belong to me or CS?

I can't answer the first question, but all designs made for CS become property of the site.
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:43 pm

Equilibriumm wrote:Alright, I got another question ^^'
So once I color in the item - this should be whole 1 layer, but because of fill in tool, it fills bit of lineart. If I try with wand tool, it makes the line look "binary" (in other words, Pixely) near lineart. Should I not worry about small details such as bit too much into lineart/pixely near lineart?

Your item can be multiple layers as long as it is completely above the base template. So, you can have separate layers for your item lineart, coloring, details, shading, etc. As many as you need, as long as they stay above the pet lineart and do not alter the original layer at all.

As such, you should definitely look at the smaller details and make your application as crisp as possible.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Do we have to color each baby differently, like in the example, or are we able to like....color each baby the same to show a variety of adult forms from the same litter?
Cause unless it's a second gen, *generally* CS pets all start from the same baby design so I'm a bit confused :'>

edit; also, i don't have a ton of DESIGN examples on my computer, but i do art commissions offsite. Can i upload generic artwork to show quality of my linework and coloring, even if the designs aren't my own (so long as i disclaim that only the drawings are mine)? I can design, I just haven't made a lot of adopts since I've had this computer and feel my art could support my application regardless
Last edited by foxxbreath on Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel23456 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:15 pm

foxxbreath wrote:Do we have to color each baby differently, like in the example, or are we able to like....color each baby the same to show a variety of adult forms from the same litter?
Cause unless it's a second gen, *generally* CS pets all start from the same baby design so I'm a bit confused :'>

I was also thinking this same thing at first. I just colored them all different like the example
lights off

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
adult ♡ married ♡ mom of 2 ♡ 2 dogs 1 cat ♡ birthday july 11th ♡ adopt OR shop, just do both responsibly!
angel23456

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 pm

foxxbreath wrote:Do we have to color each baby differently, like in the example, or are we able to like....color each baby the same to show a variety of adult forms from the same litter?

edit; also, i don't have a ton of DESIGN examples on my computer, but i do art commissions offsite. Can i upload generic artwork to show quality of my linework and coloring, even if the designs aren't my own (so long as i disclaim that only the drawings are mine)? I can design, I just haven't made a lot of adopts since I've had this computer and feel my art could support my application regardless

I am not exactly sure about your first question, but as this is about art skills, it would be best to colour in each baby stage differently to have more examples of what you can do. ^^
This is not a true CS litter after all, so it doesn't work like normal litters. =)

For your second question, please refer to Sorrens earlier reply:
Sorren Fey wrote:For pet artists it is important to design yourself, so the wisest is to provide additional artwork of characters you have created yourself.

If you are not the creator of the design you are showing us in the additional examples, you must let us know about it.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Makes sesnse, thank you!
And i flipped through looking for a reply but I must've missed that, sorry! I will definitely mention it for the pieces i only drew
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes