Ⅰ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Ⅰ. ʜᴏᴘᴇ

Postby faunsie » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:51 am

ImageReturning to the main thread?
ImageCredits and Characters
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹

The throne was never quite fit for Zera. She had no interest in being the queen. It was a very lovely planet, yes, but why would she want to rule it? It was all so much to do, and what really made her better than everyone else? Why was she the one who was supposed to rule, as opposed to every other person? It made no sense, and she saw nothing but corruption. Anyways, if she were to be crowned as the queen, she would have to get married. That was another main thing that she didn’t want to even begin to get involved in. She would rather have another queen instead of a king anyways. Yet it seemed that her destiny was already locked into place, without Zera even wanting it.
But Zera had heard of a way to escape it all. It had been a traveling prophet who informed her that there was a way for her to be free from any duties that might be forced onto her.
Zera hadn’t been planning on finding her way to a cave that might not even be real. The one who told her about it had just been some pastel guy with a halo and horns who claimed to be a prophet named Polaris. He could easily be lying, considering what some people did to make a little bit of money. Zera found it horrible how some people felt they had to just lie about everything they knew just so that they could carry on living their lives. That was beside the point, though. She had to get to the cave, whether it was the last thing she did or not. Because inside, there was supposedly a shimmering pond that dazzled as the moonlight reflected upon it, along with a crystalized tree right in the middle of the pond. And if she just stepped into the pond, her fate would no longer be sealed, and she would finally be free from the burden of having to become the queen.
The trek up the steep, rocky mountains had been absolutely treacherous alone, but there had been even more obstacles in Zera’s way, as well. Just her luck, obviously. There had been creatures and beasts constantly interfering with her. And to add on, there had been many times where the path was supposed to be, yet instead, it tapered off into nothing, leaving her to only guess where she might be going. Branches had constantly whipped back at her, thorned brushes had left scratches on her, and deep, blistering cold streams had chilled her right to the bone, but she hadn’t let anything stop her. She was going to change her destiny, and it would not be the last thing that she ever did. So she had found the cave, as she had sworn to herself that she would do.
As Zera slowly crept into the eerie cavern, she couldn’t help but feel a sense of unease wash over her. There was something about the way the shadows seemed to move, and the way the jagged rocks seemed to create figures. She swore that there were noises as well, but it also seemed that her only sounds were her own footsteps. She blamed it on her own paranoia, though. There was no creature that would dare to enter the cave, and she almost began to question why she had come herself. She shook off her feelings of dread and continued to trudge forward, undoubtedly tracking grime over what seemed to be pristine floors. She wasn’t sure how they had exactly become so clean, but she didn’t want to question it either. She just continued along, refusing to second guess anything.
A faint light seemed to shine down upon something, and Zera swore she saw something sparkling there as well. She began venturing closer, interested now. Was this what she was searching for? Had she finally found it? It seemed like her heart was beating so hard that it was echoing throughout the entire cave. Despite her increasing anxiety, she continued closer and found the glistening pool of water, as well as the glittering gemstone tree in front of her. She tried to mentally take in the sight, wondering if she was dreaming or not. She looked down into the shimmering pond, seeing herself instead. It was an unfamiliar voice that finally scared her enough to where she actually jumped.
“So you chose to come,” said the masculine voice.
Zera turned around, seeing a mysterious-looking man in bedazzled robes. She could only really make out a few of the man’s features. “Who are you?” she demanded, puffing herself up to seem larger. Perhaps she was mistaken when she said that nobody would dare to make the dangerous trek up the mountain to find the cavern.
“I am Artimise,” the man, Artimise, declared. “Polaris told me that you would likely make an appearance here.” He slid the hood off of his head, where Zera could clearly see that he was a defined, wise man. It was clear that he had been through many things in his days, considering his missing arm and his blinded eyes.
Zera seemed slightly suspicious. “Why are you here?” she inquired and put a hand on her hip. She moved it close to the satchel around her waist, preparing in case anything happened.
“To guide you. To give you what you seek. You want to escape your destiny. To be free of everything that will be placed onto you. Is that correct?”
Zera nodded slowly, cautious now. How did he already know all of this? Had that prophet told him all of it? It was likely, considering he had mentioned Polaris. That was the prophet’s name, wasn’t it? Now she was truly becoming certain that this wasn’t just a sick prank. “Alright, yeah, maybe. So what? What could you possibly have to tell me about it? I’m gonna assume that you want to give me some sort of warning for it, and to be honest, I’ve had a lot of time to think this through on my way up this dumb mountain, and I really don’t think a warning from you is going to deter me,” she sassed back.
Artimise blinked at Zera, slightly taken aback. “Well, yes, that was essentially what I was about to tell you. I was going to warn you that you may not be prepared for what is to come in the future if you follow through with this-”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, that’s what they all say. Nothing ever happens. It’ll all work out fine,” Zera interjected, cutting him off. Artimise shook his head and rolled his eyes.
“You truly are stubborn, aren’t you? Refusing to listen to what I have to say will get you nowhere. It will only be worse for you in the end,” he warned. Zera scoffed. This man probably had no idea what he was even talking about. He was probably just trying to scare her away.
“Nothing you say is going to change my mind,” Zera told Artimise.
Artimise started to speak up again, “You should listen to what I have to say. You’ll end up regretting this. Are you sure you’re ready-?”
But Zera stepped through the pond before Artimise could finish what he was saying. Instead of plunging into deep water like expected, she plunged directly into darkness.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by faunsie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ⅱ. ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇɴɪɴɢ

Postby faunsie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:39 pm

⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹

When Zera finally resurfaced from whatever unconscious state that she was in, there was no dampness in her hair or clothes, despite her having just fallen through a pond. She blinked her eyes open and looked around. Instead of seeing the elegant bedroom that she expected, she saw unfamiliar trees and shrubbery all around her. She glanced back to look at the pond that she was now lying beside, then quickly tried to dip her hands back in. It no longer glistened and sparkled like the pond that she had gone through. Zera felt herself begin to become even more distressed. She felt herself begin to hyperventilate, until a large, muscular man approached. She didn’t know if she should become more worried or not. He seemed to be a sort of royalty, considering the crown-like halo on his head. The man held his hand out to Zera, and Zera seemed very skeptical about his offer to help her, but she took his hand and stood anyway. She quickly retreated her hand back and brushed it off on her pants. She folded her arms over her chest and looked up at the man, narrowing her eyes. She was about to say something, when he rudely interrupted and spoke first.
“You’re not from here,” he stated, which puzzled Zera slightly. She didn’t know how he knew that already.
“Yeah, obviously,” Zera sneered. “Who are you? What status do you hold? Are you keeping me captured here? How do I get home?”
The man just seemed to laugh lightly. “Alright, alright, slow down. I’ll answer your questions, just calm down. I’m Asmodeus, the ruler of this planet. I don’t know how you got here, and I have no idea where you’re from, let alone how to get you home,” he answered each of her questions, as he said he would. Zera was slightly impressed at how easily he answered them all. “Might I ask who you are?” Asmodeus prompted lightly.
At first, Zera wasn’t sure if she should answer with the truth or not. But what was the worst that could happen? It wasn’t like this guy would have any idea as to who she even was. “Princess—er, nevermind, not princess—Zera of Tibus,” she introduced with her chest puffed up. That seemed to get a slight rise out of Asmodeus again, which only annoyed Zera. She wanted to be taken seriously, not brushed off as a joke.
“I apologize,” Asomdeus started, “it’s just that you remind me of someone I knew when I was younger.” He had just the slightest smile on his face, though it disappeared within a matter of moments. “Why don’t you come with me? You have nowhere else to go, unless you plan on staying out here the entire night. And it does tend to get very cold at night.”
Zera hadn’t even realized that it was already dark outside. She guessed she shouldn’t have been surprised, though. Times were probably very different. But she wasn’t sure if she should trust this guy who had randomly approached him. Could she trust him? He was really her only option, and she had nowhere else to go. What was the worst that could happen? She knew how to fight and could take down this guy if a fight broke out. Zera let out a sigh and reluctantly nodded. “Alright, fine. I’ll come with you.”
“Alright, come with me then. I’m sure I have a guest room that you can stay in,” Asmodeus hummed. He grinned slightly, seeming happy to have someone come with him. Zera didn’t know if she should be worried about it or not. She chose not to worry because despite him being much bigger and looking more muscular, she thought that he seemed warm on the inside.
Zera followed alongside Asmodeus as he began walking towards what seemed to be a nice little village, but far off, there was another large city. She briefly wondered which they were going to until Asmodeus turned away from the path towards the village. “Shouldn’t we be going that way?” she questioned and pointed towards the village. Asmodeus just laughed and shook his head.
“No, why would we go that way? I have my own place far off that I prefer to keep to myself. Nobody really knows about it, and if they do, they don’t mention it,” he responded. Zera squinted slightly but didn’t question it again. Maybe she should just trust him and hope for the best.

Last edited by faunsie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ⅲ. ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ

Postby faunsie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:41 pm

⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹

The trip to Asmodeus’s home hadn’t been nearly as horrible as Zera’s own trip to find the cave. In fact, it was much more peaceful and relaxing. She had been expecting to see things lurking in the shadows and watching her, but instead, there were fireflies that danced through the night sky, paired with the hum of some sort of insect that Zera didn’t know the name of. She hadn’t even wanted to speak up to disturb the sense of calm.
And Asmodeus’s home, or whatever it was, was just as warm and welcoming. She could see light inside of the home, and there was a faint sort of glow from some of the flowers. It had a wide expanse of land surrounding it, along with what appeared to be a gorgeous and well-maintained garden. Zera really hadn’t been expecting such a small, beautiful home from Asmodeus.
Asmodeus had already led Zera inside and given her a blanket to warm up. Now, he was in the kitchen, preparing some cocoa for her. “You have a nice home,” she complimented, unsure of what else to say.
Asmodeus just nodded slightly. “I’ve heard that once or twice. Thank you,” he replied as he handed her the mug.
Zera swirled the drink around in the mug before looking up at him. “Why are you doing this? I mean, like, why are you helping me? I’m some random person who just somehow stumbled onto your planet. And you’re helping me, for whatever reason. You don’t know me. I shouldn’t even be trusting you. But I don’t have anywhere else to go. So why did you even invite me here in the first place?” she demanded suddenly, shrugging off the blanket and setting the mug down. Asmodeus was slightly surprised to hear Zera becoming so defenseful. He let out a sigh, guessing he had better explain it.
Asmodeus looked at the girl after a deep intake of breath, and then an exhale. “There was once this woman that I fell in love with-”
Zera cut him off before he could get too far into it. “You know what, nevermind, I don’t want a whole story. If you could just give me a quick one-sentence summary, that would be great,” she told Asmodeus.
The man couldn’t help but laugh as Zera interrupted him. “Alright, fine. I fell in love with a girl who loved children, but she passed away, and now our kids have grown up and moved away. In her memory, I make sure that I look after any lost or scared kid,” he summarized. “Is that short enough for you?”
“Eh, could have been a little shorter,” Zera teased with a smirk and a shrug.
Asmodeus just rolled his eyes and headed towards the hallway. “Get some sleep. Guest room is the first room on the right back this way. I’ll help you figure out how to get back in the morning,” he called to her as he walked away. Zera didn’t say anything back; she just nodded. How did he know that she wanted to go back, though? Was she being that obvious already? Or was he just very good at reading people? She had originally come to the pond as a way to escape for a little while, but instead, she had found herself lost on an unfamiliar planet.
Zera curled in on herself slightly and looked at the mug of cocoa, no longer wanting it. Not that she really even wanted it anyways. She got up and picked up the mug, carefully and quietly pouring it into the sink in the kitchen. Hopefully, Asmodeus wouldn’t be mad. Speaking of, maybe she should just take his advice and get some sleep. Maybe everything was just a bad dream, and she would wake up and be in her own bed. Yeah, that sounded right.
Following Asmodeus’s directions, Zera located the guest room and made herself comfortable in the giant bed. Though it felt so nice and relaxing, she couldn’t help but long to be back on Tibus. The planet that she was oh so familiar with. But maybe, just maybe, she would wake up and be there again.

Last edited by faunsie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ⅳ. ᴅɪꜱᴄᴜꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

Postby faunsie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:43 pm

⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹
Zera had gotten her hopes up too soon. When she woke up, she was still in the same room that she had fallen asleep in. And she hadn’t even woken to her own accord. There was some strange creature outside making a terribly loud noise that woke her. She heard the faintest footsteps out in the hallway and she was sure that it was Asmodeus. She could hardly believe that he got up this early. Zera yawned and stretched out, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to get back to sleep. She felt gross now that she was still wearing the same dirty clothes since the previous day, but she did notice a fresh, clean-looking outfit laying on the dresser. She got up and changed into those clothes before slowly slipping out of the guest room she had slept in. She noticed breakfast already laid out on a plate at the table for her already and was a bit surprised by it, to say the least. She hadn’t expected Asmodeus to make anything for her. Zera crept over and sat down at the chair, looking at the clothes cautiously before beginning to eat. Asmodeus turned around from where he was washing dishes at the sink. “I hope you slept well, despite being woken up so early. It’s early, but I’m sure you want to discuss how you want to get back home. And I’d love to help you out, if I can,” he told her.
Zera continued eating and finished it quite quickly, realizing just how hungry she really was. She wiped her mouth with a napkin before answering. “I mean, yeah. I do wanna go home. Did you have any ideas? Cause I’m all ears.”
Asmodeus waved his hand slightly. “Well, kind of. I have a little bit of an idea, but there’s still the possibility that it might not-”
“Yeah, okay, I don’t care. If there’s even the slightest chance of me getting back to my home, I want it. I’m from a planet called Tibus. Can’t you just take me there or something?”
Asmodeus shook his head with a frown. “No can do. Planet doesn’t exist. So I’ll take a wild guess at it and assume you’re from some sort of other universe or something dumb like that.”
Zera felt almost all the hope drain out of her at Asmodeus’s words. Her planet didn’t exist? That was heartbreaking to hear. She never thought for a moment that she might be in an alternate universe, or whatever it was that Asmodeus said. Asmodeus seemed to notice her worry because he quickly assured her, “But I’m having someone come over. They know a lot about other realities and portals and that sort of thing. We’ll just have to see what happens, okay?”
Zera nodded, though she wasn’t comforted whatsoever. She pushed her plate away, leaving the bit of food left there. She no longer felt hungry. If anything, she felt anxious and sick just thinking of the fact that she may never get home. She had wanted to get away from her responsibilities, but was it really worth it?

Last edited by faunsie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ⅴ. ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Postby faunsie » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:44 pm

⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹

Asmodeus’s friend had arrived after a while. Zera had learned that his name was Jhin, and she had also learned that he was very arrogant.
“So what did you want me for? Figuring out if you could send someone back through another dimension?” Jhin had asked loudly. Zera swore his voice was being played over thirty different speakers at the same time.
Asmodeus just nodded. “Yes, please. I’m trying to help get Zera here back home. I found her beside a pond out in the forest and she’s, well, not from here. I’m guessing she’s from another dimension because the planet that she said she was from doesn’t exist,” he explained. “Well, I can see what I can do. I don’t think the pond thing really matters. Just a matter of wherever the portal or whatever it was was at,” Jhin answered as he walked over to Zera. He looked over her, analyzing who she was and different aspects to better understand what he had to work with. “Hm. Alright. Well, not much I can identify from just looking at you. And I don’t have the sort of magic to determine what reality you’re from because it’s just such old magic,” he told Zera.
Zera was perplexed. Her expression turned to one of confusion as she looked at Jhin. “What’s that supposed to mean?”
“It means that we have no way to send you back.”
And just like that, Zera’s entire world came crashing down around her.

Last edited by faunsie on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faunsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ⅵ. ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛꜱ

Postby faunsie » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:12 pm

⊹⋆✦✰✦⋆⊹
─────────────────