2135 ;; entry "last resort" [complete!]

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

2135 ;; entry "last resort" [complete!]

Postby Lex. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:05 am

This is an entry for Kalon 2135!
My post

WIP!

1 - bio
-- info about him!

2 - playlist
-- songs to show
who he is!

3 - last resort
-- prompt
Last edited by Lex. on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bio

Postby Lex. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:24 am

Kijani Reko || Male || He/They || Traveler

Personality
Kijani is an adventurous traveler with a passion for exploration
and discovery. He has a big heart and a strong desire to
experience the world with his closest companions. With a backpack
full of supplies and a spirit of optimism, he sets off on every single
one of his journeys to see the wonders of the world, to traverse the
difficult paths of life, and to make memories that will last forever.

Kijani is an avid music enthusiast who has a deep appreciation for the
power of music. He is often found lost in the melodies of his favorite
tunes, feeling as if he is being transported to a different realm.
For Kijani, music is a way of connecting with his deep inner emotions
and allowing himself to be free from the bounds of life. He loves
the way it makes him feel, as if he is flying in between the clouds
of song.

Kijani Reko
    reko ;; a finnish and swedish name sharing
    roots with gregory, reko means “vigilant guard"
    kijani ;; swahili name that means “warrior”

Male
he/they pronouns!
Last edited by Lex. on Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

playlist

Postby Lex. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:29 am

1 ;; i left my wallet in el segundo
a tribe called quest
"I had to roam so I picked up the phone
Dialed Ali up to see what was going down
Told him I pick him up, so we could drive around"

kijani is definitely a roamer, he loves
to travel! road trips only, he thinks it
makes the trip more real and fun.

2 ;; might start singing
sheldon charlot
"n/a"
kijani loves listening to this song, it's
a staple during his trips. it's easy
going and relaxing. perfect vibe.
it makes him feel like a star.

3 ;; candy rain
soul for real
"Have you ever loved someone
So much you thought you'd die?
Giving so much of yourself
It seems the only way"

kijani is a very devoted individual,
always putting 110% into whatever
he does. he has many passions!

4 ;; walk on by
d train
"Foolish pride
It's all that I have
So let me hide
The tears and the sadness you gave me
When you said goodbye"

kijani has a hard time letting things
go, especially loved ones and past
relationships. there's simply too much
love in him.

5 ;; what you won't do for love
bobby caldwell
"I guess you wonder where I've been
I searched to find a love within
I came back to let you know
Got a thing for you and I can't let go"

kijani is a lover. but lovers are
also fighters, as what kal wouldn't
fight for what they love?
Last edited by Lex. on Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:11 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the last resort ;; the confession

Postby Lex. » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:32 am

the last resort ;; the confession

It was a frighteningly sunny day. Kijani was flying down the empty freeway, blasting his favorite music in his car.
Kijani was on his way to something very important. He was on his way to meet his best friend, Imogen at their meet-up
spot, a plateau high enough to see the whole city. It was a place they always went to when they needed to think.

Kijani had been feeling off lately and he knew he needed to talk to Imogen. He had been meaning to tell her about this for some time, but never felt brave enough, or ready. The sun was too bright for his liking, shining down harshly on the empty freeway. Kijani was determined to get to his destination and had the gas pedal pressed all the way down. His favorite music blared from the speakers as he drove, providing some comfort to help him push through the fear he was feeling.

After what felt like an eternity, Kijani finally pulled his car up to the plateau. He stepped out and looked around. It was their spot, the place where they always went when they needed to just think and get away from the world. The view of the city was breathtaking as always, but not enough to take away Kijani's uneasiness.

He was almost too scared to face Imogen. He had been holding back too much feeling from her lately and he was afraid of what she would say. He wanted to do literally every other thing possible than this, it was sappy and cheesy. They both hated that kind of stuff. But, he knew he had to be honest with her about how he was feeling, so he took a deep breath and walked to the edge of the plateau. This was his last resort.

Imogen was already there, waiting for him. When she saw him, her face lit up and she ran to him. She hugged him as thightly as she could, and said "It's so good to see you, Kijani! I've been so worried about you. What's going on?"

Kijani could feel his heart pounding in his chest. He was terrified of what he had to say, but he knew it was the right thing to do. He took a deep breath and started talking.

"Imogen, I think I'm in love with you." he said, loudly and with earnest.
Imogen froze, clearly not expecting this confession from him.
"You love me? But wait, how did you, I was going to say the sa-" she was cut off as Kijani began to stutter out words.
"I know, I-i know that this is crazy, we've been friends for so long, and, wait. What? Did you say that-"
"That I was going to say the same thing? Yeah..."
Both could do nothing but stare into the others eyes in wonder.
"Wow. Well, I guess that does save me from the embarrassment of a whole confession, hah." Kijani said as he leaned against her car, sighed and adjusted his hair.
"Ha, it sure does. Well, luckily for the both of us I'm pretty sure we both hate the sappy stuff." Imogen said, causing them both to laugh.
"Yeah, we sure do. But hey, since we're here, should we just enjoy the night? I brought some snacks and my record player."
"Yeah, that would be fun! I brought some drinks, water, and the tents like you asked! This is going to the best camping trip we've ever been on. I even got some card games that we can play too!"

The two of them start chattering on about the game they'll play and the songs they'll sing, as the sun starts to set over the plateau.

Kijani felt a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. The sun was setting, and he had taken such a large leap, larger than any sort of trip he'd ever taken before. He held Imogen's paw and together they watched the sun set over the city, talking about their day and feeling more connected than ever before.
Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the last resort ;; the departure

Postby Lex. » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:25 am

the last resort ;; the departure

Imogen and Kijani have been texting each other updates. They're both upset that they have to be so far apart, but they both also understand that it's necessary. Even if there is no particular reason, it's good to have space.

"Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.", words muttered under Kijani's breath. He shook his head and sent his last text before heading out.
"I'll talk to you later, be safe."

He buckled up, started the engine, and began his drive. As Kijani drove, his mind wandered back to the time he and Imogen had spent together. The laughs they shared, the sights they saw, the conversations they had. He remembered all of the moments that had made them so close.

He continued to drive. His destination? An abandoned city. It's been deserted for approximately 1,000 years now, after the collapse. Hour after hour passed. He struggled to stay awake on the road, but knew he had to stay vigilant.

After about 10 hours, he arrived. He parked on the major bridge leading into the city, afraid of getting too close.
The city loomed above him. He was scared, but he was ready to explore.

Kijani sent the last text to Imogen with a heavy heart. He was leaving behind everything he knew to go on a journey of exploration, one that would take him to a long-forgotten city deep in the jungle. As he made his way through the dense foliage, Kijani couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive. He had heard tales of the city's forgotten inhabitants, and he was unsure of what he would find.

When he finally arrived at the city, he was taken aback by what he saw. The city was in ruins, and it was clear that no one had been there for a very long time. It was overgrown, and it looked lonely. You could hear the buildings ache and groan, as if they knew of their own state. But as he walked further, he noticed something strange. Amidst the rubble and debris, Kijani discovered a strange, glowing light. He cautiously approached it, and soon realized that it was coming from a small stone tablet. He took it in his hands and saw that it was etched with symbols that he had never seen before.

As Kijani looked closer, he realized that the symbols were actually a map of the city. He was scared at this point. There were forces here that he didn't understand, that most people couldn't. No one has made it out alive, not yet. He felt as though it was his duty to explore more. There were lost people here, somewhere anyway. He followed it, and soon realized that it was leading him to an old temple or basement. It was hard to spot, only visible because of a very faint light emanating from a stairway leading down. He entered the ruins and found himself standing in a large, circular room. In the center of the room, he noticed a pedestal with a strange, glowing orb on top of it. As he stepped closer, he felt a strange, warm energy emanating from it.

Kijani had discovered a sort of powerful magical artifact - one that had been lost to time. He had no idea what it was or what it could do, but he knew that it was something extraordinary. He stepped slowly, careful not to disrupt the rubble. He inched close and closer. It was almost pulling him in, he just had to take it back with him...
But stopped.
Was this the right thing to do? What's going to happen? Is this what caused all of the other disappearances?
He pulled out his phone to text Imogen one last time.
"Hey. I don't know what's going to happen when I touch this."
He took a picture to send it to her.
She responded quickly, "What do you mean? What is that? Are you ok?"
Kijani responded. "It might be what caused the other explorers to disappear. It's some sort of magical orb? I'm not sure. And hey, I'm fine. And I have to tell you something."
For a few minutes, all he could see was the "..." of Imogen typing.
"I think I understand. If you feel like it's something you have to do, I understand. Send me your location. No matter what, I'll go find you."
Kijani clutched his phone tightly. "Thank you."
He sent his location.
"These are my coordinates. If you don't hear from me within the next hour, come find me. Wherever I end up, I will be there, waiting. I love you. Goodbye."

"I love you too. Forever, no matter what. I'll be there."

To stop himself from procrastinating any longer, he set his bag down. He held his phone in hand, held his breath, and focused his eyes on the orb.
Deep breaths.
He tensed up, and thrust his hand out to touch the orb.
- blip -

As if he never existed on this plane, he was gone.

Where am I?

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me