dancing with a stranger | stars 2885 + 2884

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

dancing with a stranger | stars 2885 + 2884

Postby Lokisaurus » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:41 am

Image------------------
x
πš’ πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πšŽπšŸπšŽπš— πšŒπšŠπš›πšŽ πš πš‘πšŠπš πšπš‘πš’πšœ πš’πšœ πšπš˜πš›
──────────────────────────
i don't even know when i'll see you again
amalthea + aurelius

──────────────────────────
𝚊𝚜 πš•πš˜πš—πš 𝚊𝚜 πš’ 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚘 πšœπš‘πšŠπš›πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšπš•πš˜πš˜πš›
πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞
Last edited by Lokisaurus on Sun May 21, 2023 9:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:42 am

══════════════════════════════════════════════
Mortals were silly little things, weren't they? On one of the hottest nights of the
year - a tidbit of information Amalthea had picked up from a bedraggled-looking
server - they threw a grand party, all of their guests ribboned and tied and donned
with masks that hide their furry faces in feathers and lace. Silk chiffon dresses
swished against line trousers, their wearers struggling to want to be too close to
one another for fear of their partner smelling sweat or anxiety. Amalthea smirked
at the discomfort of her peers. The heat wouldn't be a problem if they could simply
radiate their own climate as Amalthea could. The air around her was almost
shimmering, a full five degrees cooler than what the party-goers were subjected to
- a small allowance of her Gift. The difference in temperature made her glisten in
the mirage-like effect, but the mortals would never suspect her. They never paid much
attention to anything of her sort, and it's not like they could fathom her in all of her
seraphic glory anyway. Their tiny heads would explode if they even came close.

A glimmer of interest. She was no empath - Kilthen's path had never interested her
anyways - but she could feel eyes on her, prodding, wondering. She turned, looking
for the source of the discomforting gaze. Didn't this idiot mortal know that it was
impolite to stare? She should smite them where they stood (she, of course, could
not smite anyone she wished, but they didn't need to know that!) Her skirts swished
softly around her as she moved, layers of crinoline and silk and velvet crushing tog-
ether, the fabrics wrinkling in the nephelim's confusion. A figure moved in the cor-
of her eye, a mash of bright sapphire and stunning citrine. That one. A macaw
- or, well, a facsimile of one. The outfit was gaudy, cheap. Tacky. She had been told
that mortals cared deeply for their material possessions. This one seemed to want to
care less and so they came off... unbecoming, to say the least. Amalthea wanted to
scoff... but they had noticed her. Not her gorgeous gown or stunning mask or beautiful
mortal form, but her. She was sure of it.

"I could have your head for staring." She said in most ostentatious Latin. A language
of culture and class, surely this little being would know nothing of that. She was sure
she was dealing with a dunce, an accidental queerness that allowed him to See her.
To think anything more of him was to be concerned and she did not like to be
concerned.
Username: Lokisaurus
Partner's Post: Plaga | 2884
Cat Name: Amalthea
Clan: The Haven

Last edited by Lokisaurus on Sun May 21, 2023 11:57 am, edited 22 times in total.
Lokisaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plaga » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:44 am

═══════════════════════════════════════════════
Aurelius always waited for a moment like that. He had seen many festivals of
various nations around the world, but never one focused mainly on... Masks.

Not that he'd not wear a mask anyway even if that would mean some unwanted
attention, but... He just always wanted to see which masks would others put on,
which shapes, which colors and sizes... It told more about a person than their
actual face. You don't choose your face after all, and a mask? It shows your tastes
and personality from the first glance. He saw no reason to show his, the feathers
of his dear companion - the macaw he brought with himself on his journey, and
everywhere since then, as a sign of their connection, the tiger's eye gem as a
symbol of him wanting to see more and past physical limits... Those were way more
important than his hideous face which showed nothing but the fact that he had
failed the cat who was closest to his heart. The right side of his face was almost
entirely covered with a huge, nasty burning scars, making him feel more like a monster
than a cat when only he was without his mask, exposed and... Naked. The worst this
about it was the fact though, that as his soon-to-be wife passed as a result of greencough
plague that flooded his ex clan. He was just torn, soon looking for a solution, which
led him to a ritual. Bonfire, the bones of hers he stole from the clan's catacombs and
the moonstone. This was enough to bring her from the realms of the dead, but did it
change anything? As he quietly prayed with closed eyes, raising the fire higher and higher,
he suddenly felt as the fire caught on the tips of his right whiskers, then the rest spreaded
on the broader parts of his face. He not only disfigured himself that day, but also failed
the cat who counted on him the most...

He could've wondered for longer but the sudden remark in a native language of his made
him nothing but baffled. How could she know anything about his descent? He stopped for
a moment, then his mind focused on the actual meaning of her words, even more confused
about the whole persona of hers. He slightly gasped inside the back of his mask at the sudden
chide, then decided to return the favor. "If you don't want to be stared at, then I think
you're missing the point..."
he responded in pure Latin just like hers, with a hint of accent
suggesting the heritage of his. Then, he put the drink back on the table for a while. "Why
would you then choose the materials you did otherwise? Of course, I can stop staring... but
I don't think it would change a thing in this whole game of picking interest and, for some,
strutting their stuff..."
x
Username: Plaga
Partner's Post: Loki | 2885
Cat Name: Aurelius
Clan: Ρ‚Π½Ρ” Ξ·Ρ”Ο‰ мσση вяιηgєяѕ

Last edited by Lokisaurus on Sun May 21, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Plaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lokisaurus » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:51 am

x
amalthea moodboard wrote:Image Image Image
Image Image Image