Poll ended at Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:27 am

Yes
13%
No
54%
I just wanted to vote
33%

Total votes : 52

Re: The Animal Jam Thread [V12] (New Poll)

Postby remina » Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:08 am

Reading about the dwindling fan base on the classic AJ and the way items rarities are being treated is kind of fascinating. I mean it's not hard to see the same trends happening here on CS with rarer pets like store pets having sky rocketed in value. It's kind of sad to see that all the old games I used to play when I was a kid are clearly just not as popular as they used to be. The discontinuing of flash put an end to the era of kids games and it seems like all the fanbases for these games are older nostalgic players. I remember watching Izzzyzzz's video about Animal Jam and they joked about how when kids are left to their own devices they create a cut throat economy of rare items (paraphrasing.) Which is hilarious but still remains true even nowadays on this website. I was explaining my fascination with CS to my roommate the other day (we are both grown adults) and she was making jokes about how the kids games economies are keeping up with the real life inflation we are experiencing. Art mimics life, huh? Now she jokes whenever she sees me hop online and asks if I'm doing well on the Chicken Smoothie Stocks. Worrying about the Chicken Smoothie Stocks is kind of my distraction from worrying about money in real life, which is a little ironic. Not to sound old and cranky, but it really is a shame that kids these days can't understand the joy of finding a new online game to play and telling all of your irl friends to sign up for an account so you could talk to each other after school. Life moves on tho and I have no doubt kids are experiencing similar things since fortnite and roblox are so popular. I miss playing Animal Jam with my childhood friends quite a bit I remember being so heart broken and crying when one of my beta wool blankets was scammed off me. Kids truly are ruthless creatures sometimes lol. Oh and going to buy a membership when I had managed to save just enough money and begging my parents to take me to get one is a core memory that I can never forget.

Sorry of this is long TLDR; I'm old and nostalgic.
remina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ramattra » Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:39 pm

i am old and nostalgic as well ☹️ i joined animal jam in early 2011 i believe ? just missed the beta! but it was a game i played for a few years and then eventually fell off of. sometimes i wanna get back into it but it just feels like i've missed too much haha. scared to even touch trading with zero knowledge of the current AJ economy LOL and that was most of the fun for AJ for me too. definitely have good memories with it tho, i had some of the rarest items in the game way back. unfortunately i was one of those cutthroat kids who scammed people to climb to that top but it is what it is! i remember feeling so powerful having one of the only freedom masks in the game when those were still rare. oh how things changed 🥲
𝔰𝔲𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔰 𝔦 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 !
hiiii i'm emmie ! #1 pharah pocketer
game art major | adult | she/her | black
my dA CS art gallery commissions

i hoard these cats and will overpay for them !
ramattra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winchester's Wolf » Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:48 am

UHG, I remember joining around 2013-2014 and ALWAYS had a blast playing animal jam- espically the roleplaying as warrior 'cats' using the wolves since all of the cat options were pretty much for members only.. I remember when Sepia Forest and Pillow room were always PACKED full of roleplayers, or just to hang out and talk. Now going back to it nothing is really just the same. The only thing that is 'packed' is Jamaa Township and that is mostly for trades. [This is Classic that I am talking about HDKJHG] but everything is just so EMPTY. I would LOVE to make new friends but is hard to create one and kindle it since there isn't much to do anymore.

So ow. <3
Winchester's Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bubblegumjello » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:18 am

aj holds such a dear place in my heart, it was def my favorite flash game growing up. i think nat. geographic made it so much better, i loved going into the different buildings and getting to learn about random things. i still am absolutely in love with the art style. its so funky, loud, and cute. i went onto my old acct during quarantine for nostalgia and i was kind of sad to see it run like hot garbage. i agree killing flash was the single worst decision adobe made (and they’ve made a lot lol). i wish we still had browser games like aj still, the new one and feral just don’t feel the same to me
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxme:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ she/her ☆adult Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxanime & games Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcurrent:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx☆ game: fortnite Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ☆ one piece! corazon Image
cs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
☆ goal: complete collection Image
tradesoffsite trades Image
☆ favorite species: bunny Image
☆ cs discord Image
☆ pixels credit here Image
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bubblegumjello

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostlovebirdz » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:26 am

I WANT TO JOIN!

Chicken smoothie Username: Lostlovebirdz

Animal Jam Username: Thehauntedcandleshop

Do you understand the rules: Yes

What is your favorite AJ Animal: Wolf or owl, can't decide

Will you respect others opinions: Of course!

Anything extra: My favorite alpha is Greely :3

Lost/Ava/Briar

she/they/meow

Adult | Halloween pet collector

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Pet's name: Hayley Williams

Lostlovebirdz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoska » Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:02 am

i used to play classic during the beta and i had a membership from like. 2013-2019. i made some of my closest friends of 5+ years off this game and the animal jam instagram community! my GODD do i miss this game every day but it's impossible to make friends anymore. the rarity/member bias is still absolutely around and i gave all my rares away to friends after quitting HAHA. i used to have an alpha sword and i think my old avatar remains one of the coolest ive seen to this day LOL </3
i've been logging in lately just to explore but i'm having a lot of trouble actually getting back into it.
sophie. adult. polish. illinois.
i love hannibal, tezuka, kingsman, and my ocs. a lot.
socials
zoska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostlovebirdz » Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:05 am

that lion fit goes hard. this year, i started roleplaying warrior cats on animal jam! however, the game's chat filters are not kind to us at times. One of our members got suspended yesterday DX
this has happened to like 2 or 3 other ppl before. Some people had to change their oc names because the chat filter would not allow them (i.e. Ashpaw became Sootpaw and Ashsoul became Embersoul).
When I came to CS and FR, I was shocked by how much you could say, I felt so free XD

Lost/Ava/Briar

she/they/meow

Adult | Halloween pet collector

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Pet's name: Hayley Williams

Lostlovebirdz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby King Andre » Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:18 am

_Summer_ wrote:ive been quite active on it due to lots of old friends and just being a general comfort game. the audience is definitely a lot more mature, basically returning players who had an account when they were young, just grown up. its definitely abandoned and led to ajpw being the new focused game. this is because of mobile apps had a spike in activity and due to flash shutting down, ajc can be extremely hard to update, particularly with new animals and clothing, making it extremely time-consuming.

the rarity system is insane as ever, going up and down on a complete roller-coaster. everything is measured in black longs, now referred to as "solids". clothing betas and den betas are less popular, and many have been re-added to the stores, losing worth. headdresses are worth waaaaay too much, with the light pink headdress being worth over 150 black long collars...........

about a year or two ago, there have been many hacks and even a full-fledged security breach. the security system is not as safe as it used to be with many flaws and accidental mistakes that should not have happened.

however, despite all the negatives, a new company has bought the game for a surprising 1 million and that company and ajhq are working together to improve the game.
there has been a long wait and few promises, but i'd expect they are bound to do something
I've also heard that there might be an animal jam 2? i have no idea what it is but I think its ajc but under different files and stuff to update ajc.
there is a lot to unpack but at the same time, much little change, which definitely makes ajc at least have less active players, mostly being older teenagers and adults. however there is still much the game brings to the table, as many find comfort and finding lots of interactive, fun people.
thank you for coming to my ted talk LOL

started logging on again recently just for nostalgia and ive come to find out all of this first hand i must say as someone who played back in 2011 it is kind of jarring
King Andre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:00 am

i’ve been getting into animal jam classic a LOT recently, managed to trade my way up to a red long, + a few lower level spikes.

does anyone have any tips on how to collect bulk clothing betas or jsut betas in general? i’ve been trying to do the plushie method (plushie>rims>clothing betas) but nobody’s entirely interested in plushies anymore. (not to mention people don’t rlly want rims either). the rarity system has gone mad and it’s hard to find someone who wants a fair trade that isn’t over, should i just settle and overpay for higher items or just struggle to find the right person?
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .rin okumura. » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:59 pm

jointedwishes wrote:i’ve been getting into animal jam classic a LOT recently, managed to trade my way up to a red long, + a few lower level spikes.

does anyone have any tips on how to collect bulk clothing betas or jsut betas in general? i’ve been trying to do the plushie method (plushie>rims>clothing betas) but nobody’s entirely interested in plushies anymore. (not to mention people don’t rlly want rims either). the rarity system has gone mad and it’s hard to find someone who wants a fair trade that isn’t over, should i just settle and overpay for higher items or just struggle to find the right person?

If you're a member, I highly recommend The Forgotten Desert!

If you're non-member, you can get clothing betas from Sky High if you've got the patience. If I'm bored I usually grind sky high on my nm account and I occasionally get a worn. I'm able to trade things like the freedom helmet for a couple of rims each and work my way up the ladder.

heyo! rin here!

I'm an adult player,
avid coder, collector
and just general
Blue Exorcist trash.

feel free to
check out my links
below yeah?

▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸▸

trade thread
toyhou.se
code shoppe