Rules on privacy and personal information - Updated 2019

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Rules on privacy and personal information - Updated 2019

Postby Tess » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:58 pm

For your own safety, we don't allow you to share personal or identifying information on CS.

It is also against the rules to ask other users for this kind of information.

People can easily lie about who they are on the internet. Because of this it's nearly impossible to know who you can trust online. To keep yourself safe you should always be careful about what kind of information you share with strangers. Since many of our members are young children and teenagers, we are particularly conscious about safety risks and have strict rules to help keep everyone safe on CS.

The type of info we don't let you share:
  • Your full name or last name
  • Your age, grade, or birth year
  • Your address, suburb, town or city (or apps that share this data)
  • The name or location of your school/club etc
  • Photos of yourself or your family/friends (except if your faces aren't visible)
  • Your email address or phone number, as well as Skype, kik or other contact information
  • Full names of your family/friends

This rule is in place for your own safety so you shouldn't try to get around it by dropping hints (i.e. saying 'I'm in grade 6-8', 'I'm 13+', 'I live in the city with the [famous building/specific club/etc.]').

Additionally, we no longer allow voice chatting to be facilitated through CS itself. Discord chat groups and other messaging applications will only be allowed to be linked if there is no voice chatting feature.

You can lose your posting/messaging privileges or could even be banned from CS if you insist on sharing/requesting personal information. Please don't ask other players how old they are or where they live, as that breaks our rules.

You should also remember to never share your password. Not even with your best friend, and certainly not with someone who promises to give you C$ or free pets if you do. Sometimes people will steal your things, even when you were sure you could trust them, so it is best to keep your password private to avoid the risk.

If someone asks you for your password, or asks for other personal/identifying information, report them to us straight away!
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me