2023 Halloween Event - Casual Chat

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2023 Halloween Event - Casual Chat

Postby γƒˆγ‚¦γƒ†γƒ„ » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:29 pm

softpaw wrote:
Arlecchino β™‘ wrote:Seems lots of people were taking part in this event, feels like a lot less rare pets than usual.

i'm also quite surprised by how few token trade in pets turned out to be rare - maybe its just because this is the first event since the rarity update? instead of all the pets falling under 'rare' we get more of a range - it is really interesting to see! could be a bit of a bummer for people trying to get bulk rare trading fodder though for sure.

previous events' rarities also got updated, if you go to the archive you can easily compere this year and 2022/2021 and see how much less rare litters there is this year
kinda disappointed ngl, i thought since the rarity update and people wanting more hard to get pets there's going to be more rares or even very rares. seeing demand of a lot of pets during the event i thought this is going to be the case, but it's the complete opposite
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.☽ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ────┐

-ˏˋ rus/eng/jap ˊˎ
hello, i'm toutetsu! ΰΌ‰β€§β‚ŠΛš
pfp's drawn by me!
κ’° adult Β· artist κ’±

└───── β‚ŠΛš*: ʚ α—’β‚ŠΛšβœ§ οΎŸβ˜†. β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
γƒˆγ‚¦γƒ†γƒ„

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby softpaw » Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:40 pm

γƒˆγ‚¦γƒ†γƒ„ wrote:
softpaw wrote:
Arlecchino β™‘ wrote:Seems lots of people were taking part in this event, feels like a lot less rare pets than usual.

i'm also quite surprised by how few token trade in pets turned out to be rare - maybe its just because this is the first event since the rarity update? instead of all the pets falling under 'rare' we get more of a range - it is really interesting to see! could be a bit of a bummer for people trying to get bulk rare trading fodder though for sure.

previous events' rarities also got updated, if you go to the archive you can easily compere this year and 2022/2021 and see how much less rare litters there is this year
kinda disappointed ngl, i thought since the rarity update and people wanting more hard to get pets there's going to be more rares or even very rares. seeing demand of a lot of pets during the event i thought this is going to be the case, but it's the complete opposite

thats interesting- i didnt think to check those! i really wonder why these pets were so much more common then the other events this year then. i know i didnt play easter/summer event very much and only really played the halloween one after the rarity update made me more active on CS again - maybe this was the same for a lot of users as well? id personally love to see more rares/very rares from events but due to the nature of token trade ins i can see a lot of future event pets struggling to hit the rare label at all especially if theyre super popular.

maybe my strategy for the next event will have to be to adopting the most of whatever seems to be the least popular pet and hope its the rarest LOL
softpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunstonePhoenix » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:10 pm

My guess is that the rarity update got people excited to collect again - therefore the player numbers were up and the rarity went down. It doesn't seem too unexpected at all imo
SunstonePhoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualghost » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:29 am

Ooo rarities are out. Honestly didn’t expect for the sleep potion cat to be a rare since that seemed to be the one I kept getting dupes of
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LavenderRain » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:48 am

SunstonePhoenix wrote:My guess is that the rarity update got people excited to collect again - therefore the player numbers were up and the rarity went down. It doesn't seem too unexpected at all imo

I absolutely think that also plays a part!

I was curious, so doing a little searching, here are some statistics from the Summer Event and the Halloween Event --
Camping had 14 different token trade in (ignoring items and counting all tokens the same), and of those,
6 ending up with litters with at least 50% rare outcomes
5 ending up with litters with at least 50% extremely uncommon outcomes
The last 3 litters ended up very uncommon or lower

Halloween had 11 different token trade in (ignoring items and counting all tokens the same), and of those only
3 ending up with litters with at least 50% rare outcomes
7 ending up with litters with at least 50% extremely uncommon outcomes
The last 1 litter ended up very uncommon or lower

My hypothesis is this, 1. Events don't give as many rares in general. With the new rarity system, about half the litters are ending up extremely uncommon. Because the new system came out just shortly after the summer event, people didn't really notice that as much. 2. Exactly as SunstonePhoenix says, there is likely more people on CS in general currently, thus more token pets are being bought and collected vs. what we had during the summer event. The amount of people active has a great affect of rarites in general, and with CS having one of the biggest updates perhaps ever, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the number of people is WAY higher than normal
Adult β–ͺ Female β–ͺ Married β–ͺ Imageβ–ͺ Christian β–ͺ Sept. 14th β–ͺ Artist
Toyhouse β–ͺ DeviantArt β–ͺ DA Adopts β–ͺ CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby virtualghost » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:51 am

LavenderRain wrote:
SunstonePhoenix wrote:My guess is that the rarity update got people excited to collect again - therefore the player numbers were up and the rarity went down. It doesn't seem too unexpected at all imo

I absolutely think that also plays a part!

I was curious, so doing a little searching, here are some statistics from the Summer Event and the Halloween Event --
Camping had 14 different token trade in (ignoring items and counting all tokens the same), and of those,
6 ending up with litters with at least 50% rare outcomes
5 ending up with litters with at least 50% extremely uncommon outcomes
The last 3 litters ended up very uncommon or lower

Halloween had 11 different token trade in (ignoring items and counting all tokens the same), and of those only
3 ending up with litters with at least 50% rare outcomes
7 ending up with litters with at least 50% extremely uncommon outcomes
The last 1 litter ended up very uncommon or lower

My hypothesis is this, 1. Events don't give as many rares in general. With the new rarity system, about half the litters are ending up extremely uncommon. Because the new system came out just shortly after the summer event, people didn't really notice that as much. 2. Exactly as SunstonePhoenix says, there is likely more people on CS in general currently, thus more token pets are being bought and collected vs. what we had during the summer event. The amount of people active has a great affect of rarites in general, and with CS having one of the biggest updates perhaps ever, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the number of people is WAY higher than normal

Makes me wonder how the rarities of the advent event are gonna play out, especially on Dec 18th.
virtualghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:34 am

BlossomTail wrote:
Anybody else a little surprised the PPS lion is only extremely uncommon? I thought for sure it would have been rare like the PPS caterpillar :0

Only? :'D
I'm also surprised it's EU, but not because of the weird demand it had, I expected it to be AT MOST VU. It's a free pet after all, they're usually never that rare. Same goes for the purple cow.

I'm not surprised by the rarities in general though. The popular token pets became EU, the less popular token pets became rare and most free pets became VU or less rare.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TANKMEN » Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:42 pm

sm06sm wrote:Kinda disappointed that the token bats are all rare, considering that’s what I saw most people absolutely hoarding. Kinda feels like the opposite of what rare should be

i might be wrong but i think token bats often are rare in most years. they're decently expensive and have to grow up into the desired outcomes, so theres less distribution of them in general. most people only get about 3-6 cages before the event ends. but like how easter bunnies are almost always rare, bats always seem to be too, haha.
Imageβ˜… TANK Β» THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DrinaLestrange » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:28 am

The banner pet rarities are interesting to me. The first released of the three is the least rare of them, then the second and the third is the rarest. I wonder if it'll be that way in future events moving forward as well.
I'm happy to announce that I am the mommy of a little girl named Chloe! Born June 2nd 2015!
Anastasia born April 23 2019!
Monroe born September 28 2023!
My birthday is Feb 9th!
DrinaLestrange

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woahelle » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:12 am

DrinaLestrange wrote:The banner pet rarities are interesting to me. The first released of the three is the least rare of them, then the second and the third is the rarest. I wonder if it'll be that way in future events moving forward as well.

yep! it’s usually always that way because people have more time to collect the first pet compared to the last one, making the first one less rare.
xxxxImage.Image.Image.
....elle β˜… she/her β˜… isfp β˜…
... ☼ scorpio ☾ leo ↑ taurus
.. β˜… in my reputation era β˜…

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

xxxxxImagexxxxxxImage

β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ
β–‘β–Œ