Staff Applications Closed!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Staff Applications Closed!

Postby Sorren Fey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:11 pm

Want to be a part of the Chicken Smoothie team?

Click here to view the available positions and apply!

Please read all the information on the main applications page and on the application forms before you apply. Your applications should be sent using the forms provided, do not post them here. Applications will only be visible to staff, who will help me to choose the successful applicants.

We are currently hiring:
Global Moderators (age 18+)
Roleplay Moderators (age 18+)
General Helpers (all ages, except those with active COPPA protection)

There are word limits on the application forms, so just keep it brief and tell us only the most important things we need to know.

If you are applying for multiple positions, it is okay to copy and paste your answers for each application - but make sure your "reason for applying" is written differently to suit each position. :)

Before applying we strongly encourage you read what our current team members have to say about their roles here:

What's it like to be a General Helper?

• Burrito Bunny: "Being a GH is about always being ready to help people, no matter their problems."
  • lucky333123: "Being part of the GH team made me feel like I had a family. The most important concept was about interacting with other users and being available for users to talk to me."
  • Celozon: "It’s important to have extensive knowledge of the site and rules. It can be surprising the wide variety of problems GHs deal with, and you need to be equipped to deal with them."
  • Aaron✦: "When you're answering questions you never want to make anyone feel silly for asking. My favourite thing is the diversity of people you get to meet. I get to see and talk to people from everywhere on the site."
  • Wobbuffet: "It is absolutely vital that every General Helper is able to work well in a group. Everyone has their own niche of knowledge; trading, the history of Chicken Smoothie, and so on, but it takes all of us as a group to help out users around the site."

What's it like to be a Moderator?

• Simon: "You'd be surprised to see how much needs to be done behind the scenes to help Chicken Smoothie run smoothly. I've found that despite the large time commitment that it brings, moderating is such a rewarding experience and I am very thankful I decided to apply!"
  • Lacuna: "Volunteering to help keep CS a fun and safe place is something I love. There is definitely a time commitment and expectation to get mod work done before playing for myself but I don’t mind!"
  • Seasonal: "I am so thankful to be part of such a wonderful and supportive team! Working with each other is essential to completing our job efficiently."
  • Nadine: "I’ve learned how important is is to stay level headed and have an open mind to all situations, regardless of if I personally agree or not. Moderating can be a big time commitment, but it certainly is rewarding."
  • Zeena: "You will never have answers to everything that comes up in a report/ticket and mistakes do happen, but that's okay and it's all part of learning. I find being a moderator is one of the most rewarding positions knowing you are making a difference by helping others."
  • Dama: "It can be challenging to handle things that involve sensitive subjects, especially if you can relate to those issues, so it's important to always maintain a level-head. Even during my tough days there is always a lot of support around me from the rest of the team, and I feel so grateful to be part of it."
  • Aquila Fuga: "Being a mod isn't always easy as some situations can be tough to deal with, but ultimately it's super rewarding to be part of a great team which helps to ensure CS is always a safe, friendly and fun environment for all our users. There's a lot to learn, but I was still surprised by how quickly I picked up the basics!"
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Applications Now Open!

Postby Tess » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 am

Yay, new people!

If you have any questions about the applications or the staff roles available please post here for staff to answer.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:11 am

Can't wait to meet some new GHs 👀
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:33 am

I can’t wait to see who will join the team!
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gifting Dogs » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 pm

I submitted a form :)
I am back but idk how long I'll stay
Gifting Dogs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Poetic Wolf » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Awe man.... I just joined on March 24,2019. I do have 5+ years of Adminstration positions ranging from owner, co-owner, global moderator, moderator, and helper. Do we need to be part of the CS community for at least 5 months before applying, or could we still apply?
Poetic Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Amethyst » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:42 pm

I submitted for all positions that were open, I couldn't just choose 1 cause I love all of the positions! I wish everyone who submits an application good luck!!!
PM open 24/7
Need help? PM me.
I'll get back to you asap!
Lady Amethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocelot ^3^ » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:24 pm

omgosh yayyyy!
Ocelot ^3^

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Poetic Wolf wrote:Awe man.... I just joined on March 24,2019. I do have 5+ years of Adminstration positions ranging from owner, co-owner, global moderator, moderator, and helper. Do we need to be part of the CS community for at least 5 months before applying, or could we still apply?

We are most interested in hiring members who are:

• Long-term players - preferably members who joined CS at least 12 months ago and have been active for most of that time

We are looking for applicants who have been CS members for several months already. This allows us to get a sense of what your behavior will be like long-term and feel confident that you aren't going to lose interest and disappear after a short time. It also ensures you've had plenty of time to settle in and familiarize yourself with the site's features, policies, and history.

An active member whose account is a little short of 12 months old may still be considered if they otherwise seem like a promising candidate. However, if you've only had your account for about a week, that just isn't enough time. There will always be more opportunities in the future to join staff if you don't qualify this time and are still interested later!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:58 pm

I excited to welcome some new people to GH team soon! Good luck everyone ^^

Poetic Wolf wrote:Awe man.... I just joined on March 24,2019. I do have 5+ years of Adminstration positions ranging from owner, co-owner, global moderator, moderator, and helper. Do we need to be part of the CS community for at least 5 months before applying, or could we still apply?

Just to add on to what Schuyler said, if its something you're really serious about, see this more as an opportunity. Now you know what the position entails, and if you do stick around on CS, it can help you consider what it really involves, get familiar with the playerbase and the rules, etc. Look for opportunities to work on skills that would be helpful in such a position. You can always try out again next time and you can be sure to be prepared for it then as well.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me