2019 Summer Event: Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2019 Summer Event: Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby LoastTreasure » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:51 pm

kirsty050 wrote:
Loasttreasure wrote:Is it just me or is there no swap in for the crystals to any other token? Because I have a ridiculous amount and there's barely anything to get for it :( And I thought they'd started doing swaps like that for some other summer events before last years definetely had that

Nope no swap for them this time, a lot of players are trying to swap 1 crystal for 2/3 herbs in the trade thread but most ppl would rather keep the herbs

Man that sucks, I really hope this is a mistake because there's litterally only 3 trades in the event for the crystals and everything else requires the herbs (you can't get milk without herbs so you can't get cream and can't use cream to get the woodcarvings). I don't think the token need for this event was calculated properly, almost everything requiers 3 milk, cream or woodcarvings to get so everythings ridiculously expensive when you can't swap the crystals.
LoastTreasure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:09 pm

I think it wouldn't have hurt to have one or two more crystal trade-ins either, but it's good to keep in mind that you could get 3 times as many herbs as you did crystals.^^ The banner cooldown is much faster, and in addition the mine gave out hamsters, whereas you got a guaranteed token from the banner every time.
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoastTreasure » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:34 pm

ZΞ•L wrote:
    I think it wouldn't have hurt to have one or two more crystal trade-ins either, but it's good to keep in mind that you could get 3 times as many herbs as you did crystals.^^ The banner cooldown is much faster, and in addition the mine gave out hamsters, whereas you got a guaranteed token from the banner every time.

Not really you can only get 3 herbs in the hour if you had the time to check the banner every 20 minutes on the dot and found it immediately the average is 2 herbs per per crystal at best and that's presuming you had nothing else to do. Given the exchange of tokens no matter the amount of pets I got from the mines I still have way more crystals than herbs even after trade ins. It's so sad cuz it's like you have to have had a bot checking for banners constantly or you couldn't have ever had enough tokens :(
LoastTreasure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Questions:

What is your favourite pet?

Who is your favourite character?

What was your least favourite thing?

What pet would you like to hoard and why?
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nine999 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:46 pm

The fact that we got chickens this event is what made it stand out for me.
ImageImage

^ These guys are the true MVPs. After 6 years we finally saw these lines again! What a breath of fresh air. I only wish the eggs could've grown up, because how cool would sparkly fae chickens be?

One of the least impressive events story-wise, but there was a nice smattering of pet designs to enjoy. I'm glad to see some Malk lines used again. The lionesses and troll (?) dog were some of my favorites; I like the more sinister and grotesque designs of fantasy. Similarly, I was pleased to see old style unicorns with the long tails and split hooves :)

The white fairy BW that's so hard to trade for reminds me of an illustration in a Swedish book. I'd be interested to know if it's based on anything in particular.
Nine999

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:56 pm

Assuming you get every outcome first try, you would need 132 herbs and 23 crystals for a full set.
    That's 23 hours to get the crystals, assuming you get no hamsters in between, and ~45 hours of banner clicking. 27h in the mine if you include getting the hamster outcomes.
    The mine only opened on day 4, meaning we had 4 less days to gather crystals than we did banners.

All in all that pretty much lines up with my opinion that 1-2 more crystal trade-ins would've been ideal. I do agree that we didn't quite have enough of them.^^ But apart from switching a trade or two for crystals, i think the banner requirement was fine and on par with what I've come to expect from summer events.

13 days for banner hunting means you only really had to click around ten banners a day to get to the miminum number, which amounts to 4 hours in which you'd just click a banner every 20mins. (You can do anything you want in those 4 hours, since you don't have to work for the banners beforehand.)
    I'm at work ten hours a day and still found time to get banners and hit the 300 limit - so while that does require time and dedication that not everyone has, you don't need a bot to do it for you.^^

There's always some amount of effort involved in completing an event set by oneself, and just like with uncommon monthly outcomes people are encouraged to trade with other users.
    Naturally that doesn't suit everyone's taste or ability, so if you're someone who felt that way, you won't be alone^^ Unfortunately it's impossible to balance this out for absolutely everyone's lifestyle.
Last edited by Shinryu on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vibrancy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:09 am

Nine999 wrote:The white fairy BW that's so hard to trade for reminds me of an illustration in a Swedish book. I'd be interested to know if it's based on anything in particular.

Someone several pages on this thread (or the causal chat, can’t remember oop) shared this?
    Trolls by John Bauer, I believe. Pretty cool. I love these two pets.

ImageImage
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
vi/vibe.
she/her
~
recently
back from
long hiatus
~
read my bio

β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
vibrancy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 am

i've ended up with 103 varies tokens, i've never had so many left over
from an event before, so now i don't know what to splurge on D:

my hoards of pets were complete, i've got the full set, and all of my
litters sit next to each other in their groups so i don't need to re-adopt
to get IDs that sit toegther ~ aaaah, who to choose D:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pthumerian » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 am

What is your favourite pet? Hard to say, I like so many of them. If I HAD to chose one it would be the dragons, though.

Who is your favourite character? Notker.

What was your least favourite thing? The fact that it lacked story compared to previous events, it didn't even have newslines... and that it felt so super short I was completely surprised when it ended.

What pet would you like to hoard and why? I'm already hoarding all the dragons. But I could also just hoard the egg with the gems individually because I love it so much, it's so incredibly aesthetically pleasing to me.
pthumerian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beautifulglitter » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 am

I can't remember, but did we ever get a backstory on Notker and the reason why he was banned from the Fae Realm? All the other NPCs were just kinda... doing typical NPC stuff, Notker was really the only one who had some sort of 'past' (except I guess Griseldis, it would have been interesting to learn more about her implied background with the Fae).
beautifulglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me