2018 Advent Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2018 Advent Event - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby Dwemeri » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:47 pm

My top 5:

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

All around it's been quite a nice year! ^^ A lot of the PPSes were from adult designs I really liked. And the reindeer lions might be my favorite reindeer litter ever!

Dwemeri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:07 am

I didn't think much of the elf outfits...but they fit caterpillars. Now I need more.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonpuck » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:54 am

could someone help me locate the pets that these plush dogs are taken from- i found the other 3 but I'm lost with these 2

thanks
puck

thanks Zel. can't tell you how many times I went through the archives!!
Last edited by dragonpuck on Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonpuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:56 am

dragonpuck wrote:could someone help me locate the pets that these plush dogs are taken from- i found the other 3 but I'm lost with these 2

thanks
puck

Image Image
    July 2009 & CS Birthday 2018
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:21 am

Oh! I just realized we now have two different hamster Rudolph's.

The original: Image

This Advent: Image

Postby endermiss » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:35 pm

FrostBunny wrote:Oh! I just realized we now have two different hamster Rudolph's.

The original: Image

This Advent: Image

i like this advent a bit more
endermiss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brigitte Lindholm » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 am

First Christmas on CS and while I enjoyed all the pets (Especially the release of the fully grown Angel cat!), i'm not a fan of the whole make a daily release very low quantity upon release. I would have rather had to collect some kind of christmas-y item to turn in like Halloween rather than just "too bad, you're out of luck and there's literally no way of you getting one". We already have those kind of pets in the form of the UR. Not being able to collect what i'm told is meant to be an uncommon (but clearly is not) and making it on the last day of the advent is kind of leaving it on a sour note. Everyone warned me about December 18th which I had no problems with (While I didn't get anything super great, I did appreciate what I got) but this pps lion is what really disappointed me.

On a completely different note, anyone know why the Hanukkah pets have rarities already while pets released the same day or before do not?
Brigitte Lindholm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:28 am

What makes the PPS Lion difficult to get at the moment is less so the actual rarity, than just how incredibly popular it is. I've seen a ton of people getting doubles of it, even triples. But lions are easily one of our most popular species. They tempt people to overpay more easily than most other pets. From my observations, the Rudolph outcomes from years with less popular species were a lot easier to get, even if they ended up being more uncommon than their littermates.
    I would be incredibly surprised if the lion ended up being anything more than an uncommon, from the amount of them that I've seen people get. (Don't get me wrong, though - I completely understand being frustrated with how hard it is to trade for it.)

The Hanukkah pets already received their rarities because the Hanukkah event was over by the time we had this month's rarity update. The Advent Calendar was still going at that time, and we don't release rarities of pets from unfinished events.^^
 
[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive 
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BeauregardFarms » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm

Is there any way to know which advent pets will have pps out of the ones that are still growing? I know most have pps in the image but some don't
Trade me! I never use my items so please offer me pets for them. Seriously, I have 45 pages of items that I'm more than happy to trade!!!

My favorite pet <3 Image

Feed my children?
ImageImageImageImageImage
BeauregardFarms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Windi_1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:38 pm

PocketSable wrote:First Christmas on CS and while I enjoyed all the pets (Especially the release of the fully grown Angel cat!), i'm not a fan of the whole make a daily release very low quantity upon release. I would have rather had to collect some kind of christmas-y item to turn in like Halloween rather than just "too bad, you're out of luck and there's literally no way of you getting one". We already have those kind of pets in the form of the UR. Not being able to collect what i'm told is meant to be an uncommon (but clearly is not) and making it on the last day of the advent is kind of leaving it on a sour note. Everyone warned me about December 18th which I had no problems with (While I didn't get anything super great, I did appreciate what I got) but this pps lion is what really disappointed me.

On a completely different note, anyone know why the Hanukkah pets have rarities already while pets released the same day or before do not?

Low quality? Since when have the pets ever been low quality? o.O None have and we've never had a token thing like Halloween and Ostara (Easter). The Advent has always been gifts given to us each day until the end of the month. All pets have been very good quality. Perhaps rethinking things before typing them out. :)

Also... Hanukkah ended well before the Advent did. Just like Kwanzaa, it's a holiday on it's own.
Windi_1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me