2021 Advent - Casual Chat V.1 [read first post]

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2021 Advent - Casual Chat V.1 [read first post]

Postby Frostseraph » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:35 am

Welp I think the ur pumpkin pie is gonna be my ultimate dreamie now, it's adorable.
Frostseraph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahsoka. » Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:48 am

sagecwaft wrote:this is definitely my favourite pet from the whole event!! theyre just so beautiful i cant look away, 10/10 <33 :]

ugh same -in love-
ImageImage

ahsoka.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Avianahelena » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:08 pm

Minimanta wrote:
Avianahelena wrote:Was it just me or were the rarity distributions really, really uneven this year? :/

I think my favorite was this guy:
But really, the whole litter was too precious for words.

Rarity distributions? What do you even mean? Rarities aren't even out yet? o.O

Sorry, I posted and then was gone for a while. I mean that every other litter in this year's advent had an outcome that everyone seemed to be posting on the trade thread that they missed. That seems excessive to me, like maybe the rarity distribution is off somehow.
I like bananas. Bananas are good.

All the introverts in the Apple cabin are stressed out by being with so many other introverts! Avianahelena helps move some sleeping bags out to sleep beneath the stars.
Avianahelena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:43 pm

odin wrote:
Snowpuppy wrote:Wow just made my heart jump. I thought I had traded away another pet again lol

You can look in the archives and click "show completed months" And it will let you know if you got all the outcomes from each month or event. That way you can double check you got everything. :)
If you completed the month or event, it'll have a green check mark by it.

Yep, I definitely used this feature and have not been manually counting my pets for the past year... 😭

╔═══*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
β•šβ•β•β•*.Β·:Β·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.Β·:Β·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:51 pm

Avianahelena wrote:
Minimanta wrote:
Avianahelena wrote:Was it just me or were the rarity distributions really, really uneven this year? :/

But really, the whole litter was too precious for words.

Sorry, I posted and then was gone for a while. I mean that every other litter in this year's advent had an outcome that everyone seemed to be posting on the trade thread that they missed. That seems excessive to me, like maybe the rarity distribution is off somehow.

Ahh, I see. Nah, that has unfortunately been a vicious trend throughout 2021. If there's an outcome that is even slightly more difficult to get than the rest, then it's blown out of proportion and demand skyrockets.
That has always been a thing but it was really bad last year. No idea why, maybe it was triggered by that golden gacha dog? People just excepts any and all slightly uncommon outcome to turn rare after that one? I don't know but it's definitely annoying.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beautifulglitter » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:42 am

Minimanta wrote:
Avianahelena wrote:
Minimanta wrote:[ quote="Avianahelena"]Was it just me or were the rarity distributions really, really uneven this year? :/

But really, the whole litter was too precious for words.[/quote ]

Ahh, I see. Nah, that has unfortunately been a vicious trend throughout 2021. If there's an outcome that is even slightly more difficult to get than the rest, then it's blown out of proportion and demand skyrockets.
That has always been a thing but it was really bad last year. No idea why, maybe it was triggered by that golden gacha dog? People just excepts any and all slightly uncommon outcome to turn rare after that one? I don't know but it's definitely annoying.

Yeah, it's been insane! I managed to get the popsicle lion in a straight litter swap, but I can't get a hold of the witch lion or white elephant rat, even when I'm offering my extra Rudolph who is at least as "rare"! People always say it gets easier when rarities come out, but in my experience by the time rarities come out so few people are trading anymore it doesn't really make that much of a difference. I *could* pay out the wazoo for those outcomes, I have the pets to do that, but then I think about how it felt back when I was new trying to compete against those players and I can't do that (not to mention how mad it would make me to drop anything more than a 2021 Uncommon on them lol)
Want to get transparent pet images? Follow these steps!
  1. You must own the pet in order for this to work!
  2. Go to the Scene (My Stuff->Dressup Scenes)
  3. Create a new Scene
  4. Go to the Pets tab and find the pet you want
  5. Right-click the pet->Copy Image Address
  6. Post away!
beautifulglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:51 am

beautifulglitter wrote:Yeah, it's been insane! I managed to get the popsicle lion in a straight litter swap, but I can't get a hold of the witch lion or white elephant rat, even when I'm offering my extra Rudolph who is at least as "rare"! People always say it gets easier when rarities come out, but in my experience by the time rarities come out so few people are trading anymore it doesn't really make that much of a difference. I *could* pay out the wazoo for those outcomes, I have the pets to do that, but then I think about how it felt back when I was new trying to compete against those players and I can't do that (not to mention how mad it would make me to drop anything more than a 2021 Uncommon on them lol)

It is always easier to just search for the missing pets yourself by clicking on random users rather than posting in the trade forum. But yes, it IS easier once the rarities are out, since quite a few users hold onto their pets as they don't trade unknown rarities. I usually have no problems getting the pets some time after the event - just like Halloweens Witch lion PPS.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Faith~ » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:13 pm

Raire wrote:
beautifulglitter wrote:Yeah, it's been insane! I managed to get the popsicle lion in a straight litter swap, but I can't get a hold of the witch lion or white elephant rat, even when I'm offering my extra Rudolph who is at least as "rare"! People always say it gets easier when rarities come out, but in my experience by the time rarities come out so few people are trading anymore it doesn't really make that much of a difference. I *could* pay out the wazoo for those outcomes, I have the pets to do that, but then I think about how it felt back when I was new trying to compete against those players and I can't do that (not to mention how mad it would make me to drop anything more than a 2021 Uncommon on them lol)

It is always easier to just search for the missing pets yourself by clicking on random users rather than posting in the trade forum. But yes, it IS easier once the rarities are out, since quite a few users hold onto their pets as they don't trade unknown rarities. I usually have no problems getting the pets some time after the event - just like Halloweens Witch lion PPS.

That's what I'm holding out for in hope that with the rarities people will be more willing to part with the pets I'm missing still. Only a few more to go and then I'll be done my collection, but man this has been a difficult run. Especially the popsicle lion or the white rat. I've got like 5 left to collect, so hopefully soon if I'm fortunate enough to get my hands on them!
XXX

┏───────────────────────────┐
....Hello, ~Faith~ here.
....I'm your average young adult. I also love to draw, horseback ride and much more.
....Feel free to PM if you need help,
....I'm always willing to listen.
..~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
....βˆ‚Ρ”Ξ½ΞΉΞ±ΠΈΡ‚Ξ±ΡΡ‚
....ωσι
....Ο‰ΠΌΞ΅s/Ο‰ΠΌΡ” Β’Π½Ξ±β„“β„“Ρ”ΠΈgΡ”

....Image
....ImageImage
....Take me as I come, or watch me as I go.
└───────────────────────────┛
~Faith~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starrynightskies » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:17 am

The only pet I am missing is the popsicle lion which is nearly impossible to get now
starrynightskies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Dang, three rares this time? I did not see that one coming o.O
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney