2023 Advent & Hanukkah - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: 2023 Advent & Hanukkah - Pet, Item & Event Discussion

Postby kyte » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:15 am

June Bug wrote:I also have Good Omens brainrot so the first one accidentally reminds me of Aziraphale and I didn't realize I did that to myself until after I finished him, lmao

aaaaaaahhhhh okay!! well the designs are beautiful, regardless!!

also LOL
ImageImageImageImage

hey y'all

im error/kyte.

i can be blunt and take things too seriously

i promise im not trying to be mean

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
kyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tatsumayo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:14 pm

not sure where else to ask this but i just noticed the rudolph cow from a few days ago uses the pps cow lineart but isnt actually marked as pps on the pet page? im curious of this was intentional or just an oversight (one of the halloween pps cows for reference ^^)

ImageImage

tatsumayo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:16 am

tatsumayo wrote:
not sure where else to ask this but i just noticed the rudolph cow from a few days ago uses the pps cow lineart but isnt actually marked as pps on the pet page? im curious of this was intentional or just an oversight (one of the halloween pps cows for reference ^^)

ImageImage

Quite a few holiday pets end up not having the PPS tag ^^ I looked back a couple years and the last few PPS rudolphs I saw didn’t have the tag either, along with other holiday PPS pets (not all, but some). I’m not certain the reason, but it’s definitely a trend through past holiday events!
xxxxx
x
x
x
╔════════════════╗

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open β™₯

fr β‹„ ftt β‹„ faq β‹„ get help β‹„ hoards β‹„ β™₯

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tatsumayo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:46 pm

Ashki wrote:
tatsumayo wrote:

ImageImage

Quite a few holiday pets end up not having the PPS tag ^^ I looked back a couple years and the last few PPS rudolphs I saw didn’t have the tag either, along with other holiday PPS pets (not all, but some). I’m not certain the reason, but it’s definitely a trend through past holiday events!

huh, interesting!! it would be really interesting to know the reason :O

tatsumayo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:42 am

Kicking myself that I waited so long to try to get the last two pets missing from my collection. No one wants to trade them, even at an insane offer.

Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ashki » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:50 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:Kicking myself that I waited so long to try to get the last two pets missing from my collection. No one wants to trade them, even at an insane offer.

I'm sure they'll become easier to trade for once the event pets get their rarities :) That's usually the case!
xxxxx
x
x
x
╔════════════════╗

Hello, I'm Ashki!
PMs are always open β™₯

fr β‹„ ftt β‹„ faq β‹„ get help β‹„ hoards β‹„ β™₯

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Ashki
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:39 am

Ashki wrote:
ButterflyChaser wrote:Kicking myself that I waited so long to try to get the last two pets missing from my collection. No one wants to trade them, even at an insane offer.

I'm sure they'll become easier to trade for once the event pets get their rarities :) That's usually the case!

I hear this a lot, but I wonder why the opposite seems to work true for me?

The easiest is within the same day of release for me. The longer I wait from then on, the harder it becomes. I find, like in this situation, waiting till the next month leads to a slower pace in the monthly pet swap thread in trades, but the drawback to having it slower paced is that less people seem to be checking that thread.

I also notice that typically, before the rarities are released, the past month swap thread gets unpinned from the top and becomes unavailable as a means to request a trade. I have .01% luck obtaining wishlist pets by starting my own thread in the trade forum. The threads I do see are 10+ pages filled with "bump," so my feeling it is hard for them too.

I'm sorry to veer a bit off topic mentioning more general problems than this particular event. It is a pattern I observe with myself when trying to get missed pets each month, including events.

It seems for me asap is my best chance. Wait for the rarities does not always pay off unless it is something lower than a very uncommon.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiemye » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:19 am

ButterflyChaser wrote:I hear this a lot, but I wonder why the opposite seems to work true for me?

The easiest is within the same day of release for me. The longer I wait from then on, the harder it becomes. I find, like in this situation, waiting till the next month leads to a slower pace in the monthly pet swap thread in trades, but the drawback to having it slower paced is that less people seem to be checking that thread.

I also notice that typically, before the rarities are released, the past month swap thread gets unpinned from the top and becomes unavailable as a means to request a trade. I have .01% luck obtaining wishlist pets by starting my own thread in the trade forum. The threads I do see are 10+ pages filled with "bump," so my feeling it is hard for them too.

I'm sorry to veer a bit off topic mentioning more general problems than this particular event. It is a pattern I observe with myself when trying to get missed pets each month, including events.

It seems for me asap is my best chance. Wait for the rarities does not always pay off unless it is something lower than a very uncommon.

I suggest actively looking for trade partners, via the "online members" list at the bottom of the forum page. That's what I usually do, and so far it's mostly paid off, as not everyone checks the forums, or if they do they might have doubles but either they're not looking for anything (and so they won't be checking or posting on trade threads), or they just don't think about it.
Reiemye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me