Help with linking a specific response

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Help with linking a specific response

Postby tyjodunseph » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:43 pm

Hi! I have a warrior cat Roleplay and I'm trying to link each characters form on the page that shows all the clanmates. I'm trying to do the [url=url]url[/url] but I guess I'm using the wrong link?? I have just been copying the topic link that shows up with each person's post. But, that just takes me to the top of whatever page they posted on. I've seen multiple people linking their specific post... Where am I going wrong?
tyjodunseph

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help with linking a specific response

Postby འབྲོག་ཁྱི » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:48 am

On top of each post, right click on the post title, and click on copy link. When you paste it, check that at the end of the url, after the number indicating the topic, there are two sequences of numbers starting with p=(numbers) followed by a #p(numbers). This should direct the link to a specific post rather than to the top of the topic/page.

Another way to do this is to left click on the post title and copy the url in the search bar of your browser window. Yet another way is to go to a player's profile, look at their posts, and click "jump to post" on the specific post you would like to link to, then copy the url in the search bar.
འབྲོག་ཁྱི

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me