Rp advice for a total beginner?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Rp advice for a total beginner?

Postby cloverover » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:45 am

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this forum before, but I'm a total beginner, who wants to get into RP! I know nothing!
So I'm looking for advice and places to go/groups to join that are beginner friendly!
cloverover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rp advice for a total beginner?

Postby FERALMACHINE » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am

hi! as someone whos been roleplaying since they were around 8 on games and such, heres some tips and examples!
dont use “*” for actions, instead do this! “ he/she trotted along the leafy forest, her whiskers twitching in the air as leaves crunched under her soft paws, silky fur shining in the sunlight “ You dont actually need anything surrounding it, just say the action! Its also best if shown from a 3rd person prespective. Next, be descriptive with your actions! it really puts a image in your roleplay partners head to make it more clear! Dont forget to not powerplay either. Sometimes, losing a fight in roleplay is fun. Make sure its a fair battle unless certain agreed circumstances. And last of all, when talking use commas! Ex: `` I would love some berries! `` He said, reaching a paw out to the kind stranger. And thats all i have to say! Practice takes time, but im always willing to share info with someone :)
ImageImage
i go by machine (formerly eggsquerade and boomboxed)
NB OFFICIAL GABRIEL AND V1 ART?? V2’S REMAINS IN THE GLASS?? HELP ME.

I LOVE ULTRAKILL!!!
signature creditPOOKIE
FERALMACHINE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me