in progress

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

in progress

Postby jade.creature » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:40 am

░░░█████
░░░█████
░░░█████
█████░░░
█████░░░
█████░░░
˜”*°•.˜”*°• The Ultimate Medicine Cat Guide •°*”˜.•°*”˜
★ ★ ★
For Warrior Cat Roleplays and those similar

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
For those like myself who have always favored medicine cat character and playing the medicine cat in warriors roleplays, or the medic character in other forest-setting roleplays, this guide is for you! With herbs, how to use them, sicknesses, and more, this guide is all you need to be a successful medicine cat in your roleplay!
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Last edited by jade.creature on Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jade.creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: in progress

Postby jade.creature » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:47 am

”*°•.˜”*°• Sources: •°*”˜.•°*”˜
All herb information, illness information, and Starclan information can be found on the Warriors Wiki.
The introduction template is made by she's-sato.
jade.creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: in progress

Postby jade.creature » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:59 pm

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Section 1~Herbs •°*”˜.•°*”˜

Herbs are an essential part of being a medicine cat. There are lots of herbs used for many different things, so you may want to get comfortable for this one.

Alder Bark- Dark grey bark, younger trees can also have greenish bark. Found along rivers and in swampy areas. Can be found during the snowy season. Chewed by patient, used for toothaches.

Bindweed- Blue petals with white throat and yellow center, stems contain green leaves. Blooms in warmer seasons. When combined with sticks it is used to keep broken legs in place.

Blackberry leaves- Plant carries a pinkish white flower, and produces one berry crop a year. Grows in sunny areas. Leaves are chewed into a pulp and mixed into a poultice, used to relieve the pain of bee stings.

Borage- Flower with mall blue or pink star shaped petals, hairy leaves that can be dark green or gray green in color, soft, and lose their flavor when dried out. Chewed and eaten by patient, helps mothers produce more and better milk, brings down fevers, helps sooth stomacheaches and relieves tight chests.

Bright-eye - Light pink flower with dark pink in the middle, grows in sunny and wooded areas, and in thickets. Mixed with lovage to help cure coughs.

Burdock root- Tall stemmed thistle with dark leaves and a sharp scent, as well as a bitter taste. The root is dug up and soil washed off of it, then chewed into a pulp. Used to heal rat bites to the point of being completely numb. Also helps infected paws and other sores. Can give cats a stomachache if eaten too much.

Burnet- Green basal leaves. Can occasionally have spikes of purple flowers. Grows in sunny areas. Leaves are swallowed, a travelling herb, good for giving strength. Also good for expecting queens.

Catchweed- A plant with long stems and fuzzy green balls on the end. Grows in hedges or low, shrubby vegetation. Burrs are put on pelt where poultices are, to stop poultices from being rubbed off without hurting the skin.

Catmint- Tall, leafy, and delicious smelling. Gray-green leaves, hairy stem, pale purple flowers. Easily killed by frost. Mostly found in twoleg gardens. Eaten, best remedy for greencough. Can also be used for whitecough. Dangerous in extremely high dosage.

Celandine and Celandine Poppy - Yellow flower with four petals. Celandine Poppy have bigger petals. Crushed into juice and trickled onto the eye. Used to soothe weakened or damaged eyes.

Chamomile- A small white flower with a large yellow center. Eaten, strengthens the heart and soothes the mind. A travelling herb, given to travelling cats for strength.

Chervil- Sweet smelling plant, large, leafy, fern like leaves and small white flowers. Chewed to extract juices from leaves or roots. For infected wounds, bellyaches, and can be used during kitting.

Chickweed- Tall stemmed plant with wide, almond shaped leaves. Eaten, treats greencough though catmint is preferred.

Cobwebs- Thin strands spun by spiders. Found all around the forest, and under roots of trees. Pressed over wounds. Used to soak up, stop, and slow bleeding. Can also be used to help bind broken bones.

Coltsfoot- Yellow or white flowers that resemble dandelions. Grow best in newleaf. Leaves are chewed to a pulp and eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads.

Comfrey- Large leaves, and small bell shaped pink, white, or purple flowers. Grows in damp, grassy places. Roots are chewed into a poultice. Repairs broken bones, soothes wounds, wrenched claws, itching, burns, or inflammation of stiff joints. Can be used to line a nest, which helps ease stiffness in wrenched shoulders.

Daisy- White flower with yellow middle. Thick, green, oval shaped leaves. Leaves are chewed into a paste to ease the pain of aching joints. Also used as a travelling herb.

Dandelion- Yellow flower with long, hollow stem. When flowering is finished, it transforms into a sphere of hundreds of smaller, white florets with seed heads at the bottom. Grows almost everywhere. The white liquid is thought to be applied to bee stings. Leaves can be chewed to act as a painkiller. Roots can be used to help cure the effects of meadow saffron poisoning.

Dock/Dock Leaf- Big, dark green leafy plant with a tangy smell and taste. Grows best in leafy areas. Chewed up and applied to scratches. Soothes scratches, though stings when applied. Soothes sore pads. If placed in nests, can ease the pain of wounds. Can be used to help practice healing clanmates.

Elder leaves- Leaves found on elder trees. Often found in 5-9 leaflets. Used in poultices, soothes sprains.

Fennel- Thin, spiky leaves. Found in dry soils near the coast and on riverbanks. Stalks are broken and juice is squeezed into the receiver's mouth. Helps pain in the hips.

Feverfew- Small bush with flowers resembling daisies. Tangy smell, soft leaves. Grows best along the water. Eaten, reduces body temperature for cats with a fever or with chills. Helps aches and pains, good for headaches as well.

Goldenrod- Tall plant with bright yellow flowers. Grows well on moors. Chewed into a poultice to heal wounds.

Heather nectar- Nectar found in heather (bell shaped purple flowers). Grows best in shady areas. Included in herbal mixtures, makes swallowing easier and makes mixtures sweeter.

Honey- Sweet, golden liquid made by bees. Found in honeycombs and bee nests. Eaten, or given by moss soaked in it. Soothes infections, good remedy for smoke damaged or sore throats, helps cats swallow other mixtures, helps soothe coughing, and gives energy.

Horsetail- A bristly stemmed, green plant referred to as having fleshy stalks. Grows in any marshy area. Chewed into a poultice, applied to wounds. Treats infections and stops bleeding.

Juniper berries- purplish-blue berries from the prickly juniper bush. Grows in dry places. Chewed and eaten by patient, used to soothe bellyaches, give strength, and help troubled breathing. Also used on cats for its calming effect.

Lavender- A small, purple flowering plant. Found in twoleg gardens or in sunny areas with dry, gravelly soil. Placed under a cat’s nose to be inhaled constantly to help with chills or fever, or rubbed/placed on an animal to remove the scent of death.

Lovage- A short, shrubby, green plant. When mixed with bright-eye, it can help cure coughs.

Lungwort- A plant with dark green leaves with gray speckles. Found in moors. Eaten by patient, cures yellowcough.

Mallow leaves- Large, green, fuzzy, 3 pointed leaves from a purple flowering plant with a sweet scent. Grows best near shores, best when collected at sunhigh, when it’s dry. Eaten by patient, soothes bellyaches.

Marigold- A low growing, yellow to bright orange flower. Found by water. Petals or leaves are chewed into a poultice ( juices can be used as well) to stop infection or bleeding. Also used for inflammation and stiff joints.

Mouse bile- foul- smelling, yellowish green liquid, found anywhere mice are present. Stored in moss and dabbed anywhere ticks are embedded in pelts, kills ticks.

Oak leaves- round, ruffled leaves. Found all over the forest floor, collected in leaf-fall. Dried leaves are to be stored in a dry place until used, when they are chewed into a poultice and spread onto a wound to stop infection from setting in.

Parsley- tall-stemmed plant with ragged, crinkly leaves with a sharp scent and cold and fresh taste. Grows best in moist, well drained, soil in the sun. Eaten by a patient, stops a queen from producing milk if her kits die, she is producing too much, doesn’t need it anymore, etc. Also cures bellyaches.

Poppy seeds- small, black, round seeds that are shaken out of a dried poppy flowerhead. Found all over the forest.
Chewed on by patient, helps a cat sleep, soothe shock or distress, ease pain. Not recommended for nursing queens.

Ragweed- Ragged-leaved plant resembling a fern. Thought to found in the mountains, gives cats extra strength and energy.

Ragwort leaves- Tall shrub with yellow flowers, tastes foul to cats. Grows almost everywhere, especially in cool areas with high rainfall. Crushed and chewed; mixed with juniper berries, helps aching joints.

Rush- Long, narrow leaves with lavender colored head stalks. Grows in infertile soils and a wide range of moisture levels. Used to bind broken bones/hold broken bones in place.

Sorrel- Similar to dock, used as a traveling herb. Found near twoleg nests. Eaten by patient. A traveling herb that can also be used to build up appetite.

Sticks- Can be found anywhere near trees. Cats bite it to distract themselves from pain when medicine is unavailable or not recommended. Also used to help broken limbs heal. Recommended for kitting queens.

Stinging nettle- A plant with green, spiny seeds. Found all over the forest. Seeds are swallowed by patient, induces vomiting is a cat had swallowed poison. Leaves are chewed into poultice and placed onto a wound, stems can also be chewed to fight infection. Also helps bring down swelling. Can be mixed with comfrey to help heal broken bones.

Sweet sedge- Thick, green stems with long buds at the top. Grows through leaf-bare, grows near rivers. Swallowing the sap eases infection.

Tansy- A plant with round, yellow flowers and a sweet, strong scent. Can be found near twoleg dens/gardens, or in the wild. Eaten by patient, but only in small doses. Cures coughs, can be used to also cure wounds and poisons. Prevents cats from getting greencough. Soothes throats. Can be very dangerous to expecting queens.

Tormentil- Yellow flowers with a strong scent and sharp taste. Found in cool areas, other types can be found in gardens. Roots are chewed and put on wounds, good for extracting poisons and treating wounds.

Thyme- small, thick, sticky leaves with a fresh tang. Grows best in hot, sunny locations. Leaves can be chewed on to help with nervousness, anxiety, and shock.

Watermint- Light green plant with oval leaves with purple flowers on the end of its spiky stems. Found in/by streams, or in damp earth. Chewed into a pulp and then eaten, eases bellyache pain.

Wild garlic- A white bulb with green leaves, sometimes grows flowers, grows in patches. Extremely sharp and tangy scent. Grows in forests. Rolling in it

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Other herbs •°*”˜.•°*”˜
These are herbs that aren't used for healing, or have uses that aren't specified enough to be very helpful in a roleplay (unless you can work around it, which is by all means fine!).

Beech nuts- found on female beech trees. Used to attract prey.

Birch Sap: A thick, sticky liquid found in or on birch trees. Thought to be a cure for yellowcough, though no usage or effect are listed.

Blazing star- A plant with spiky leaves and yellow flowers. Five petals spread out that resemble a star. Rare herb that was used to heal the early settlers of an unknown disease.

Cob nuts- Made into ointments, attracts prey out of their burrows. In, under, or near hazelnut trees, which grow in sunny spots.

Goatweed- plant with ovate leaves. Unknown usage, helps with grief.

Hawkweed- Small green plant with orange and yellow flowers. Unknown usage or effect. Like catmint, but weaker.

Ivy leaf- Leaves from the ivy vine. Used to store other herbs.

Lambs ear- soft, fuzzy, green plant. Commonly found in mountains. Usage unknown, gives strength.

Laurel leaf- green, glabrous leaves. Used for making herb wraps.

Mint- downy, serrated leaves which colors can range from green to purple to yellow, with small white or purple flowers. Rubbed on dead bodies to hide the scent of death.

Moss- spongy, soft, green shrub, found near water or on trees. Used to soak up fluid.

Raspberry leaves- Soft to the touch, jagged edges. Found on raspberry bushes. Unknown usage, could be a painkiller, helps stop bleeding during kitting.

Rosemary- Tall plant with needle like leaves and purple flowers. Put on the pelt of a dead cat to prepare for burial, hides the scent of death.
jade.creature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me