getting back in rolelplaying

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

getting back in rolelplaying

Postby MaddestHatter~ » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:55 am

Hello! So I have actually been off of roleplaying from this site for about 7 years and I want to get back into it...except I have no idea how to do so. It seems that forums are complicated with overloads of coding. I don't really know how to code whatsoever. My biggest issue is how to post gifs in replies to forums (my character's picture is a gif but for some reason it won't let me post it), also where are some good places to find original character pictures for reference? If anyone can give me hints and tips I'd love that :)
Yes, I'm a foodie.
MaddestHatter~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: getting back in rolelplaying

Postby CherrySeasons » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Hey there!

This tutorial might be helpful for you in terms of how to code. It includes instructions on image and text manipulation, while also serving as a help thread where people can ask coding questions (as long as they aren't answered on the first page.) If you prefer, you can buy custom codes at the shops.

In regard to reference pictures, I recommend reading our RP Reference Pictures Guide as it provides ideas and rules about which sites are suitable to use as image sources, and what type of images are acceptable to be used as references. Wikimedia Commons is one good source, as it's where all the images on Wikipedia come from and most of them are free to use. We have strict image and link rules, so please make sure to read our guidelines first.

Our RP guides/help index may be useful for you to get back into roleplaying, as it provides a guide for beginners, tips for writing and hosting RPs, coding topics, our RP rules, and more. :)
CherrySeasons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me