' ✦ ' ─── ❝ Roleplay Fandom Guide ❞

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

' ✦ ' ─── ❝ Roleplay Fandom Guide ❞

Postby Mimu » Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 am

──────────────────────────( ✦ )─────────────────────────────
This thread will help you with the plots/character and anything else about any fandom you wish to make a roleplay off.
• This will contain spoilers for each movie, tv-show and book.
•Go crazy on your character, but these are some helpful tips I recommend.
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Last edited by Mimu on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

' ✦ ' ─── ❝ Navigation ❞

Postby Mimu » Sat May 18, 2019 4:19 am

───────────────────( ✦ )────────────────────
Harry Potter✦The Walking Dead✦Detroit Become Human✦Warrior Cats✦Marvel/DC
✦My Hero Academia✦How To Train Your Dragon✦Pokemon✦Fairytail✦The Umbrella Academy
✦Humans & Animals Fantasy✦ Human & Animals Realistic✦Domestic Dogs✦
Last edited by Mimu on Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ' ✦ ' ─── ❝ Harry Potter Guide ❞

Postby Mimu » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:41 pm

───────────────( ✦ )───────────────

So, you want to start a new Harry Potter roleplay? Before you start, read these tips and tricks I'd like to share with you.

Character Creation:
    A lot of people use OC's, and there's nothing wrong with that. But sometimes there's a lot of cons and pros to the OC or character that people like to add in a lot or even use too "much". Others like to make the OC/Character in a none-realistic way or even realistic. Go crazy with them, but sometimes people find things too mary-sue like.

Naming the Character:
    GO CRAZY ON THE NAME! Make it weird and wacky as you want. I mostly like to stick to "unusual" names, like Arantxa, Diem, Kadir and the list goes on and on. Nothing wrong with an "Unusual" names. A lot of people stick with the Origin they are from, and that does count with the last name too, such as England, Russia and more. Or even some with basic names like Alex, Lilly Daniel and many more. If you do get stuck on finding a name for one, click here.

Appearance:
    OC1 was a beautiful girl, with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes that can take your breath away by one look.

Don't. You're making me cringe. Look at it, It's not giving me anything to work with. A lot of people use this, and it's not giving me a good example of your character. Try and think for me for a moment. Hermiones bushy hair and her buck teeth; Pasny looking like a pug whenever she pouts; ginny's baby face and tamed hair. It's hard to see the "perfect" girl in the whole school walking around. HUMANS HAVE FLAWS! I WILL be saying that a lot. Think about it, Do they wear glasses? Do they have acne or any zits? Do they have crazy or tamed hair? Are they shy or brave? Many more to be asked!

OC2 Tanned skin with brown hair, that falls just in the right places. Strong arms and the brightest of teeth I've ever seen!

Let look more deeper into the Harry Potter characters.

Harry is a skinny boy with glasses that break; ron is a lanky man with a long face that's pale; Neville is round and thicker, with big teeth that he smiles with; snape has greasy hair and a face that looks grumpy all the time. Sirius use to look "handsome" from his looks when he was younger, but the days in Azkaban have taken them away.

Everyone doesn't age like wine! So many boys and girls age and grow at a different time. Not all boys and girls have to be tall or skinny, not all boys and girls have to have the 'perfect' body shape, not all boys and girls have to be right for the story! other flaws can be included: large eyes, small or long nose, weak jaw, more feminine or masculine face or body, no abs, teeth gap or crooked teeth, badly dyed hair, Moles, scars on their face!

OC3 Amy's short hair flicks out at the ends, as her owl-like eyes scanned the classroom, with her small body, pushes past the other students as her button nose scrunches up. Soon spotting her tall friend, as her eyes became bigger than they are. Lifting her hand up to wave towards him, as she smiles, showing off her teeth gap.

Backsotry:
    Harry. Luna. Neville. Remus and many more don't have the perfect past, but they where told lies, bitten by a wolf, or orphaned. A lot of people have different backstories to tell and it all comes in shapes and sizes down the line.

DON'T GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS A TRAGIC OR MYSTERIOUS PAST. I see this a lot in OC's/characters, and it's the same all the time. If they were in some war from the past, Sure add it in. It gets too boring if you keep adding it up and not make it simple or interesting.

Another note: Harry does not have a twin. Snape doesn't have a daughter (he never moved on from Lilly), Voldemost doesn't have siblings. I don't care if they are blood related, it's boring! I've read some characters in roleplays being their "sister or twin". If you want it to be like that, sure thing go ahead and do it.

Give them something easy that others can work within the roleplay. Are they pureblood? are they like the Malforys or even Weasleys? Are they Muggleborn? Does the family know about magic or not? Are they half-blood? How do they deal with the muggle life and wizard life?

Personality:
    So many people act differently! Everyone is not happy all the time or even mad, they might be head-headed but what claims them down? If someone has a little crush on someone, don't make it simple and easy. How do they act around their crush? Do they get shy ? do they try and show off a little? do they stutter? I know some of us do. Everyone has a different mindset.

OC1 let's says this "was a beautiful girl, with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes that can take your breath away by one look." Has a personality. 'she's doesn't get along with other girls who go near her crush. She can be sweet and all, but behind the door, she's a right bitc-' Okay, stop.

Don't make a character all 'mean', use more personality trains into the bowl. What's her pros and cons? good pros; Confident, Fair and Imaginative with cons; Arrogant, Bossy and Picky. Try and not add just the word, add some meaning behind it. Why is she confident? what makes her confident? Why is she bossy? how does she deal with it? etc, etc. Also, give some history behind it.

Releatonships and Family:

Now think about it, your character needs good relationships with different characters in the roleplay. if not then your character it's gonna be a loner, or you can make them a loner and build u good friendships along the way. your choice. Tell me how they get along with others, close friends, family, new characters or ever with animals! go crazy! Not everyone is going to have good relelatonshi with them, some have bad and some have natural. They could be really nice with one friend in the group and for the other friend, they're not that close.

Families are different in many shapes and forms, not all families are good as gold. Maybe someone has died and it affects your character how they act, some families are strict about the muggle (if they are a wizard) or wizard (if they are a muggle) world. go crazy!

The end!:
    I really hope this gives you some ideas about creating a new Oc/character. If you want to make one or start to add a new character to a new roleplay, here the form.

Code: Select all
    [b]General Information[/b]
    [i]Full name:[/i]
    [i]Nicknames :[/i](if any)
    [i]Gender:[/i]
    [i]Age:[/i]
    [i]Birthday:[/i]
    [i]Sexuality:[/i]
    [i]Blood Type:[/i] (pureblood, halfblood, etc.)

[b]Appearance[/b]
    [i]Height:[/i]
    [i]Build:[/i]
    [i]Skin Type:[/i]
    [i]Hair Colour and Style:[/i]
    [i]Eye Shape and Colour:[/i]
    [i]Scars, Tattoos, and/or Birthmarks:[/i] (if any)
    [i]Clothing Style:[/i]

[b]Digging Deeper[/b]
    [i]Personality:[/i]
    [i]Likes:[/i]
    [i]Dislikes:[/i]
    [i]Fears:[/i]
    [i]History:[/i]

[b]Personal Relationships[/b]
    [i]Parents:[/i]
    [i]Siblings:[/i] (if any)
    [i]Friends:[/i]
    [i]Enemies:[/i]
    [i]Crush/Significant Other:[/i]
    [i]Pets:[/i]

[b]School Information[/b]
    [i]House:[/i]
    [i]Year:[/i]
    [i]Title:[/i] (Quidditch Player, Prefect, etc.)
    [i]Favourite Class:[/i]
    [i]Least Favourite Class:[/i]
    [i]Additional Classes:[/i] (if 3rd Year or over)
    [i]Electives:[/i]

[b]Magic Information[/b]
    [i]Wand Appearance:[/i]
    [i]Wand Wood:[/i]
    [i]Wand Core:[/i]
    [i]Wand Flexibility:[/i]
    [i]Wand Length:[/i]
    [i]Patronus:[/i]
    [i]Boggart:[/i]

[b]Other:[/b]

Go wild with your character! I just hope these tips will get you thinking more deeply into the character.

Roleplay:
    GOSH! that took me around about 1-2 hours to write. But anyway! Let's get to the pain part.

Plots Ideas
    Go crazy about the plot! I've seen a lot of good plots, some of them are the same but with a different twist. If you ever get stuck or need any ideas, take some from here or not.

• Death eaters are coming back, and so is something else. Hogwarts has become new and better, more teachers are on the lookout for anything that will come. But it's been years since the war, and they still think something will go on. Students are getting into it too, making small silly rumours. But a group of students are going deeper into this. A teacher wants a group of strong students to go around Hogwarts to find out new information about this. But it turns around that teacher is the leader of the death eaters.
      • While dumbledore is making his own army, he has another plan. New students have made their own army. Heading out to find more things about the deathly hallows, sending back information to dumbledore or maybe they are the reason they fixed everything.
      • The year is 2023, and technology has become better and this is making the wizarding world harder to hide. Privacy is hard to keep to yourself, but some student messed up. Showing the crazy world of magic and now it's a group of teens/adults stopping this.
      • More will come soon.

If you want more plot ideas, here some questions. How do you want it to end? How did it all begin? How will the plot start in the roleplay? More and more will be added.

If I missed anything, feel free to PM me about it, and I will add it in. Next will be The Walking Dead guide
Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me