Organizing invite-only rps?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Organizing invite-only rps?

Postby Politics » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 am

Howdy there folks! I've been pretty busy and I haven't gotten back into roleplay for a while, but I was wondering if there's any club/thread (or someone who knows their stuff) that helps people gather a group for them? I'm looking for a specific kind of group, so I still want to set up a search thread, just for multiple people. Which leads me to a couple more questions:
        - Would I put a search like that in the 1x1 search?(it doesn't have anything regarding it in the rules)
        - If I do start up something, how should I go about picking the people I want to include in the group?
        - Would an interest check be a good idea to set up beforehand to attract a group?
        - If It's invite only, does that mean I have to go around scouting people out first or pick from a pool of applicants?
        (which is probably the entire point, but alas I'm a doof)
      In short, how on earth should I do this?
Politics

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Organizing invite-only rps?

Postby raey » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:41 pm

Hey there,
    to answer your questions:

1) Yes; you can go ahead and post your search in our 1x1 roleplay partner search ( viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3515799 ). It is generally thought to find users for a private roleplay. This therefore also includes invite-only roleplays. Keep in mind that you would not be allowed to randomly message roleplayers you have noticed around the forums, as that would be considered spam.
    2) If you made your post and should receive several messages from interested parties, especially when the number of interested users lies above the number of users you want/need I'd go and check out their posts. See how they are roleplaying and decide which users you think could best be fitting. In the end it is important that you get along well with the people you want to roleplay with; and looking at how they roleplay could be a good way to get a first impression.
    3) If you want to do an interest check you can post it here: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3164691 . Posting interest checks outside this topic is considered spam (this also includes polls).
    4) As already mentioned above you would not be allowed and message users you have seen on the forums. Therefore I suggest making a post in the 1x1 search topic and see how many people get back to you. Please also directly include in your search for how many people you are looking and basics of the plot. Once you have enough members to start you can create your roleplay topic (creating your topic before you have your participants together is not allowed).

Let me know if you have any further questions.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me