Please lock

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Please lock

Postby Diana Barry » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:04 pm

Plz ignore this
Last edited by Diana Barry on Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diana Barry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I need some roleplay advice!

Postby Zeena » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

Hey there!
Here's a super helpful guide on starting to create your character:
How to create a Roleplay Character

I find it's useful to start with a description or image of what you want your character to look like, then start to add things like their strengths/weaknesses, powers, etc.
To choose a name, you can always go to adopt pets on here and use the name randomizer, or scroll through some people's pets for interesting names. You can also look at lists of names commonly found on baby-naming websites. My personal favourite way to find names is to use google translator and type in a world in english of a trait I want my character to have (ex. hope, leadership, etc.) and look at what they are in other languages, then base my character's names off those.

I'm sure if you google a list of super powers, you'll find a lot of unique ones. And of course you can always make your own!
This character is your own, so make her in whatever way you want! ^^

Best of luck! :)

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Diana Barry » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to enter into a competition on YouTube, where, out of a bunch of people, one person's oc is chosen to become a character in a roleplay, which is why I'm trying to hurry up with finishing making my character.
Diana Barry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:15 am

Hey,
    not sure if you still need/want some help on that. But I have made the experience that it is less important which power your character has - but more how it is wrapped. The personality of a character and how they use and handle the powers they have is far more important then the power itself. A character should never be solely defined over their powers. Keep that in mind when creating your character.

Nontheless a link that yet might be helpful (in case you haven't already found it yourself) is the following: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/List ... _Abilities .
    A very long list with a lot of powers, from which are lot would definitely fit into the 'rarer' category.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me