Help Please!

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Help Please!

Postby Tummie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:10 pm

So I've already made characters in some of the Roleplay forums......but I do not know how to start. I don't know the basics of Roleplaying yet, so please give me some tips! :)
Tummie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help Please!

Postby apochrypha » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Hey! I think this is a pretty good guide to get you started with roleplaying, as it covers the basic principles of how you roleplay and what's considered good and bad conduct within the community. To give you a quick run-down of some general tips:

• make sure your characters aren't perfect
  • make sure you don't make them all-powerful or know things they couldn't know based on what players have posted
  • don't do anything that controls or assumes the actions of someone else's character
  • be considerate of everybody else
  • don't take what happens in character personally

And as for getting started, if you've created a character and you haven't joined any roleplays yet, look for open ones where your characters might fit! For example, if your character is a vampire, find some vampire roleplays you like the plot for and apply. Or you can look for 1x1 partners in this thread which you may or may not find easier; you can discuss pretty much everything about the RP when it's only you and your partner involved!

The best advice of all is to just start, as intimidating as it can seem; most people on the RP forums will be very nice and understanding of newer roleplayers and glad to help!

I hope I helped at least somewhat, and don't hesitate if you have any further/more specific questions :)

izzy » she/they »
pokefarm q // flight rising

apochrypha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Help Please!

Postby Tummie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Spinelli wrote:Hey! I think this is a pretty good guide to get you started with roleplaying, as it covers the basic principles of how you roleplay and what's considered good and bad conduct within the community. To give you a quick run-down of some general tips:

• make sure your characters aren't perfect
  • make sure you don't make them all-powerful or know things they couldn't know based on what players have posted
  • don't do anything that controls or assumes the actions of someone else's character
  • be considerate of everybody else
  • don't take what happens in character personally

And as for getting started, if you've created a character and you haven't joined any roleplays yet, look for open ones where your characters might fit! For example, if your character is a vampire, find some vampire roleplays you like the plot for and apply. Or you can look for 1x1 partners in this thread which you may or may not find easier; you can discuss pretty much everything about the RP when it's only you and your partner involved!

The best advice of all is to just start, as intimidating as it can seem; most people on the RP forums will be very nice and understanding of newer roleplayers and glad to help!

I hope I helped at least somewhat, and don't hesitate if you have any further/more specific questions :)

Ah tysm! :D
Tummie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me