Colored bases as refrences?

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

Colored bases as refrences?

Postby AuraDragoness » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Dunno where else to put this and didn't see anything about it in the rules so my apologies if I'm a derp and couldn't find my answer. ^^;

So say I have an OC but can't exactly draw it in certain poses that are needed for the sake of the ref (such as using weapons, and stuff). Could I use a base I colored from some website (Devianart, Google, etc.) and use that as my character's ref as long as credit is given on the picture or mentioned?

Many thanks if you can help^^
🐦 ♥ Rest in peace my sweet little Rainbow ♥ 🐦
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AuraDragoness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Colored bases as refrences?

Postby raey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Hey there,
    if you want to use bases you first have to make yourself familiar with the terms of use for these bases.
    Especially on deviantArt there are bases which can be fully free to use, some require credit, others may only be used on deviantArt but not anywhere else.
    You are yet not allowed to just take a random base you found somewhere on Google and just colour it in. The same goes for any image you want to use. As long as it is not for free use, you are not allowed to use it without a permission from the original creator.
    If you made sure that you are permitted to use the base - then you are allowed to use one for your character's reference.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
    You also can always sent in a help ticket: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp .
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me