« a buckshot of stars »

A place to store your roleplay character information.

« a buckshot of stars »

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:44 am

hey B)

storage unit. nothing fancy lol.

Last edited by dilly on Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ wb ] deities

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:14 am

▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫ ▪ ▫

favored coat: majority white
foretold: intrepid in the face of adversity
omens: northern goshawk | winter foals | lupine flower
gifts: silent | steadfast | protected
mistakes: blindness | indifference | disappearances

blessing: blue eyes bring fertility
curse: solid black ensures a swift death
life symbol: endless snow
death symbol: fire
greeting: ❝ frost faints before you ❞

A reserved and closed-off clan, these hardy horses prefer the high, harsh mountains. Their deity is a ghost-white stallion with blue eyes, capable of bestowing great boons, but also delivering devastating punishments. Any physical blemish or infirmity -- particularly blindness -- is viewed as retribution for some past grievance against the god. The clan's belief in Vakandi's power over the weather means snow is honored before anything else. A days-long blizzard is accepted as a sign of the god's satisfaction with the horses, and cold snaps without the benefit of snow are viewed as the god's displeasure. Warmer climates in general are believed to diminish the god's, and the clan's, vitality -- fire, especially, foretells agonizing death.

The daily life of the clan is heavily influenced by their deity: Vakandi's favors are feverishly sought-after. A pale coat is hailed as sacred, mirroring Vakandi's appearance: an unblemished white coat paired with blue eyes is the purest blessing. Foals born during the winter months are believed to be under divine protection, with enhanced natural abilities, such as physical strength or fertility. Divine benefits, inherent for any horse born to the clan, include inner stability, a tendency toward silence, and an intelligence that keeps them protected from natural disaster, as well as conflict. Their god is not perfect, however, and the horses of the wind-battered mountains know this; mistakes will always be made. There are those among them cursed with indifference and emotional blindness, and there are times when some will disappear without warning. This is an oversight on the part of Vakandi, but the clan has learned to accept and forgive. Such patience and understanding is never extended to outside herds, as they have no comprehension of the workings of Vakandi.

While winter is without question the chosen season, and the power and purity of snow will always trump the senseless ravaging of fire, the horses know the relief of a withdrawing freeze. The touch of the winter sun on their faces is a pleasure they can't deny. It is for this reason that they will greet one another with a phrase to capture this particular feeling: "frost faints before you." If the approaching horse is one of respected status, the greeter will receive him in the same way he receives the sun after a storm.
Last edited by dilly on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ wb ] studs

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:03 pm

ʜ ᴜ ᴄ̌ ᴇ ɴ ɪ́

„ we will rendezvous in the emptiness “

♛ ♛ ♛

▸ eight years
▸ azteca
▸ light palomino
▸ gullible
▸ short-sighted
▸ malleable
▸ gregarious
▸ charismatic
▸ optimistic

☀ ☀ ☀

It is believed that Hučení channels the spirits inhabiting the arid lands. He is synchronized with the rhythms of the natural world; he can feel the hum of the earth as he gallops over it. He was selected for his lead role as the most viable colt by his father, the 'Hučení' before him. Now, without a mentor and with a great gift for engaging individuals and crowds, he finds himself at home doing everything he can to make his herd happy. He is under the illusion that the earth will provide, and one's worries must be limited to one day at a time. While he has their happiness at heart, he does not have the sense to oversee his herd's future. His vision is narrowed to the current generation of foals: one of his greatest joys is rekindling the old myths and legends, believing, above all else, that his ancestors will shield the herd from harm. Luck has thus far been on his side: the grazing has held out, and water has been sustainable.

Hučení is kind-hearted but hedonistic, and he prefers to keep a sizable collection of mares. He has no lofty ambitions to adventure beyond the limits of the geographic locale he has always known, to the annoyance of several members of the herd who know it would serve their long-term interests to expand. While Hučení is the supposed manifestation of the joyful spirits of the land, he is encouraged to heed the advice of his more stable-minded mares. This is not his most successful trait, and he often listens to what he believes he hears on the wind before he will give a concerned mare his honest attention. There are murmurs that the land could be in visible decay around them, and still Hučení would stay in one spot, hypnotized by the stark beauty of their homeland.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ wb ] mares

Postby dilly » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:20 pm

„ our sky is unbroken “

♊︎ ♊︎ ♊︎

▸ twins: four years
▸ morab
▸ dun
▸ unpredictable
▸ flighty
▸ superstitious
▸ gentle
▸ empathetic
▸ introspective

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

It was an ill-fated sign: twins born in the night on the beach. The tide should have swept them away, and if their dam only had a weaker heart, it might have. She was the matriarch of the herd, and her word was the law; the twins were cared for, albeit with great fear and distaste, until they were old enough to be chased out, at the age of two. It was believed that they would not survive, and that nothing would be lost because of that: they were a dark omen, and it would do the herd good to forget that they had ever been. Within their intricate system of faith, doubles were not to be embraced. There was the sky and there was the sea, but when the two were mirror reflections, both dissolved. The sky consumed the sea and the sea consumed the sky; a loop of death. Perhaps one foal was the intended, and the other the spirit of a demon, seeking to confuse and torment as the mirror image? But how to know which one was true? Better to simply be rid of both.

Closely bonded from the hour they were born, the sisters have, in some respects, fulfilled their birth herd's misconceptions: they truly are reflections. They can be one thing and the other, and they can make of themselves a blessing or a curse. Having accepted that their existence is an eerie and unpleasant fluke for many, they roam without direction. They ask only for their basic needs to be met, and so far, those prayers have been answered. They must always be close, but they do engage in their fair share of tiffs and fights. They have no workable knowledge or experience of herd dynamics, outside of their birth herd. They were brought up surrounded by horses who praised the benevolent spirits, and dreaded the wrath of those they could not please. Thoroughly lost as to how these beliefs function, the twins have picked up several disparate quirks and habits, building a pulsing superstition of their own.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dilly » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:16 pm

[ index ]
Last edited by dilly on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ stallions ]

Postby dilly » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:50 pm

♣♣♣

stallion | 13 | mustang | 15 hh | 1000 lbs

+ // brave ; curious ; energetic
- // aggressive ; impulsive ; possessive

A proud, possessive stud, Hawk does not believe in retreat or surrender. He is fiercely protective, and, if provoked, quickly becomes aggressive. He is territorial and believes in preserving what has been earned; his stocky build lends itself to confrontation, if necessary, and he is not hesitant when it comes to facing a challenge. Despite these traits, he is also capable of generosity and patience, particularly when courting a mare. Foals are a bit beyond his understanding: he will tolerate them up to a point, although it would be a lie to say he is not inwardly curious of and tender towards them. Once they are grown, however, he will aptly assist them out. He is courageous and ambitious, and does not always reflect on a chosen action before diving in. Hawk is a fairly traditional stallion in behavior and composure, but this is something he takes pride in; he believes himself to be a worthy leader and protector.

---

◬◬◬

gender // stallion
age // 17 (mostly-blind)
breed // AQH mix
+ // gentle ; mild-mannered ; affectionate
- // wary ; trusting ; stubborn

---

gender // stallion
age // 5
breed // mustang
+ // strong ; adventurous ; protective
- // competitive ; vengeful ; fearless

about

Ingot bears the scars of many battles in his young life: he has never really known fear, and has never backed down from a challenge. Since being kicked out to make his own way, he has discovered that it truly is the strong who survive; only those who fight for what they want are likely to achieve it. This is true of survival as well as mares, and if it weren't for the round-ups, he is sure he would have quite the herd by now. He never lets the natural way of things get him down, though: he always tries again, and he prides himself on being able to protect those who choose to stay beside him. He is still learning to compromise his authority with mares, and his hormones still often get the best of him

---

Klymene herd stallion | nine | AQH mix | 15.3 hh | 1100 lbs.

♛ ♛ ♛

A stout, sturdy stallion, Rialto is a bright grey with a black mane and tail. He has collected a few scars during his life on the range, but he does not think of himself as a warrior. Relying on his bark more than his bite, he will always try to avoid conflict for the benefit of his herd. He has a soft heart and is very affectionate towards his mares and foals, colts included. He enjoys being a part of their upbringing, if the mares allow it, and he has an overall optimistic outlook toward the world. He honors his role as protector, however, and will most certainly fight if necessary. He is quick but solid, and encourages a gentle, leisurely atmosphere in the herd when life permits.

---

lone stallion | four | mustang | 14.3 hh | 800 lbs

➳ ➳ ➳

A young buck, by all means; this little dun is a scrapper, and is still learning what he is and is not capable of. He is easily distracted, and driven wild by, mares: he has attempted snaking before, although he has not managed yet to keep a band. He is energetic and strong, and can be quite jovial when he is not getting himself into trouble. He loves a challenge, be it from other studs or finicky mares, and he keeps an upbeat demeanor most of the time. Kojo is a quick learner, and also a little overzealous: he believes life has many great things in store for him.

---

stallion | 10 | mongolian cross | 14.2 hh | 780 lbs

+ | intrepid ; resilient ; gallant

- | trusting ; forgiving ; predictable

↡ ↡ ↡

A stocky little stud in his prime, Desvelado holds himself honorably. He is proud of what he has accomplished, and of what the future holds: his relationships with other horses are, for the most part, steady and reciprocal. He takes care to see his herds safely through the myriad environments of the island, and he enjoys exploring for its own sake. He knows the protection of his herd is paramount, however, and he is a capable fighter despite his size. A grulla dun with a short, thick mane and deep, dark eyes, the stallion actively seeks the company of others, and tends toward resolution over lasting conflict.

---

stallion | 7 | APH | 16.2 hh | 1200 lbs

+ | fiery ; passionate ; innovative

- | cocky ; impulsive ; insecure

⬘ ⬘ ⬘

Kallik cuts an imposing figure, and he knows it. Arresting and athletic, he takes life in stride and chases whatever fleeting fancies his heart desires. He is quite easily drawn to mares, and has a way of getting caught up in the effort of impressing them. While finely built, he can be a bit insecure and sensitive to what others think of him; as a result, he is quick to take the offensive to defend himself and his mares. He is affectionate and romantic, but can also indulge a cocky streak. The stud is quick on his feet and has a nimble mind to match; he doesn't often find himself in trouble, as he is sharp enough to find a way out before things get dangerous.
Last edited by dilly on Sat May 18, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ mares ]

Postby dilly » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:59 pm

♢♢♢

gender // mare
age // 7
breed // AQH
+ // sociable ; kind-hearted ; quick learner
- // flighty ; superstitious ; finicky

---

✯✯✯

gender // mare
age // 4
breed // warmblood mix
+ // amiable ; empathetic ; gentle
- // excitable ; contradictory ; second-guessing

---

gender // mare
age // 4
breed // mustang
+// practical ; sympathetic ; self-sufficient
-// uncertain ; inexperienced ; pessimistic

about

Harper has quickly come to understand that life is about change. Despite the round-ups, she managed to stay beside her mother until she was two. Shortly after, she was separated and ended up joining a small band of mares. Her naturally sympathetic demeanor means she gets along well with other mares, for the most part; she will step aside if someone more knowledgeable comes forward, but she does not stand for senseless bickering. While she is young, she feels she has a vague idea of how things work. She has spent a little bit of time with two different stallions, bearing a foal to one but becoming separated from it in a round-up. Knowing that she may not have any sort of lasting relationship with them, she does not immediately bond to foals. She will join the right stallion for survival's sake, but she is not submissive and will not allow herself to simply be taken.

---

gender // mare
age // 9
breed // APH/mustang mix
+ // sensitive ; engaging ; stamina
- // flirtatious ; jealous ; catty

about

Sudu has decided that she is going to make her own way in the world, and has never deviated from that plan. Overcoming her anxieties at a young age, she has become a dominant mare -- she does not take challenges lightly, and will take quite a while to decide how she truly feels about anyone new. This means she has a catty streak, and is not above instigating petty drama to determine where she, and everyone around her, stands. She also learned early on that stallions can be swayed, and that any influence she has over them is directly tied to her own survival. She is also naturally flirtatious, and will endlessly tease and play because of this. She is not, however, entirely in control of the attachments she makes, and this often leaves her very jealous: stallions seek many mares, but she is guilty of seeking all of a stallion's attention when the mood hits her. Sudu loves to exercise her physical stamina: running is a favorite pastime, and her lucky physical build and fertility means she consistently produces strong foals. She will tend to them with gentleness, but also ensures they learn from the start that they must defend themselves.

---

lone mare | ten | paso fino | 15 hh | 900 lbs

❂ ❂ ❂

With age comes wisdom, and this laidback grulla mare is happy to share it with youngsters. She has a compassionate heart, and enjoys time with kind mares and foals. She has mothered many of her own, and learned how to balance guidance with correction. She is less trusting of stallions, having known a few rough ones. She will always stand up for timid mares, and feels it is her place to intervene on their behalf. She has held lead roles before and is a good mediator, but she also knows to defer if need be. Simara accepts the inevitable hardships life brings; this means her affection towards stallions is hard-earned. One must prove his ability to protect before she will truly accept him.

---

mare | 5 | warmblood mix | 15.3 hh | 900 lbs

+ // adventurous ; compassionate ; intelligent
- // trusting ; finicky ; untethered

Muratti is already deeply intrigued by the world around her: she is a curious, spirited mare, and is happy being surrounded by bubbly mares, or wandering aimlessly alone. Her active mind is constantly aware of dangers, although this does not stop her from chasing each whimsy as it strikes her. She is sociable and loves to meet new horses, but she does not feel bound to stay with any particular herd or stallion. She appreciates foals but is not possessed by the desire to have them always at her side, more eager instead to experience all that life has to offer. She can be moody, and a bit too trusting, but she is fleet-footed and usually able to escape a situation if it begins to darken. She has found, for the most part, that it is simply a joy to be alive, and to encounter as many unique individuals as possible.

---

mare | 6 | thoroughbred | 16.2 hh | 900 lbs

+ | intelligent ; sensible ; faithful

- | high-strung ; flighty ; standoffish

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Laurel is a thoroughbred, through and through: hot-headed, erratic, and also keenly intelligent. She is built to run, and run fast -- when a situation becomes uncomfortable, she knows she is free to leave it, and likely not be caught. Her eyes take in everything, in any given situation: appearances and emotions alike. She is thoughtful when not provoked to panic, and can be difficult to approach. Once a connection has been established, however, she is quick to loyalty and will receive her friends with warmth. Too big a crowd of horses can leave her uneasy, and she is a loose cannon when it comes to stallions. She will follow a a proven leader, but she will also abandon a cause if it seems to be lost.

---

mares | 5 | appaloosa | 15 hh | 1000 lbs

+ | generous ; introspective ; optimistic
- | submissive ; attached ; conservative

♕ ♕ ♕

Sonoma (the lighter mare) and Hopi are sisters who were born together, and have been together ever since. They are fiercely attached, for better or for worse, and have never thought of going separate ways. Submissive by nature, they will not pick fights or seek dominant roles, plenty content to blend into the majority and enjoy the safety of a herd. They are kind and sociable around like-minded mares, and will only depart a herd if necessity dictates. They can become snippy with each other while in the throes of their heat, but otherwise, they are fairly placid. They enjoy quiet company and have a relatively bright outlook: there will always be kind stallions, and precious foals, and dear mares to call friends, despite how life might look on any given day, right?
Last edited by dilly on Sat May 18, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ concepts ]

Postby dilly » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 am

mare | 4 | AQH | 15.2 hh | 830 lbs.

+ : humble ; thoughtful ; adaptable
- : skeptical ; hesitant ; reserved

A level-headed mare, Kaleido is a quick-learner thanks to practiced observational skills, and a somewhat reserved attitude. She will not recklessly plunge into any situation, and prefers to study the possible outcomes before initiating an interaction or committing in any way. Her youthfulness makes her curious, and her interest is constantly piqued by the world around her. She enjoys, despite her initial reluctance, the company of others horses, and is eager to learn from them. Unfamiliar with the upbringing of foals, she is a bit uncomfortable around them and quickly becomes anxious for their safety. She feels that she is able to care for herself, for the most part, but she will not miss an opportunity to spend time with well-meaning horses.

---

mare | 8 | lusitano | 15.3 hh | 870 lbs.

+ : protective ; loyal ; spirited
- : dominant ; stubborn ; strong-willed

Hazel is well-versed in motherhood, having borne more than a few foals in her life already. She is devoted to their upbringing and determined to keep them from harm, becoming fiercely protective and even aggressive when she is caring for a foal. Outside of motherhood, she is a vivacious mare who thrives on companionship and interaction. She feels she understands the world and the best way to navigate it, which means she opts for lead roles and does not take challenges lightly. She is well-built and hardy, capable of withstanding harsh weather and terrains, and consistently passes these traits onto her foals. A bright, keen eye and a sharp mind keep her from submitting easily, and she thoroughly investigates a stallion and his abilities before accepting him into her own life. When she does connect to a stud, she is loyal and deeply affectionate.

&foal;

dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ expansion ]

Postby dilly » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:11 pm

➴ ➴ ➴

mare | 9 | barb | 950 lbs. | 15.1 hh | grey

+ : maternal ; down-to-earth ; discerning
- : protective ; forward ; scrutinizing

A reliable broodmare, much time and care was poured into Chespeake as she grew into a successful mother. She consistently produced healthy foals of admirable conformation, and was praised and doted upon as a result. As she entered her seventh year, her fierce fertility seemed to disappear: despite frustrated efforts, she was no longer able to conceive a foal. While she might have been successful in most any discipline -- she is well-bred and well-built, with a bright mind and sensible disposition -- she was cast off as a disappointment, left to stagnate in a pasture. Her escape nearly went unnoticed, although it cannot be said that any concerted effort was being made to keep her. A fairly self-sufficient mare, she has little trouble making decisions based on what her environment has to offer. She is, not surprisingly, a talented mother, although she does not understand why she has not been able to bear more foals. For the most part, she is even-tempered and laid-back, though she will not hesitate to snap to ferocity if necessary.

---

➴ ➴ ➴

stallion | 6 | arabian | 890 lbs. | 15 hh | black

+ : endurance ; stamina ; intelligence
- : spirited ; moody ; explosive

True to his breed, Taro is a spirited, excitable stud. He is vividly intelligent, capable of taking advantage of a fruitful situation, which explains how he wound up loose on the plains. He is built for endurance, which was the sport he competed in while under the control of humans. He is not particularly accepting of a stranger being in control of his fate, and travels with a high head and a keen eye. He is lean but developing muscle, having been meticulously exercised and grained. Speed and charm are a couple of his more noticeable attributes, and he thrives on the dynamic relationships formed between horses. He is loyal to those whose company he enjoys, although -- especially now that he is completely untethered -- his attention darts from one spark of interest to the next. Bred to house a fiery soul, the stallion's natural intelligence and self-awareness keeps him from acting too rashly, though the possibility glows just beneath the surface. His stamina allows him to stay on the move, never troubled by the thought of a human recapturing him.

➴ ➴ ➴

stallion | 13 | APH | 900 lbs. | 14.3 hh | bay paint

+ : creative ; honest ; capable
- : blunt ; firm ; resigned

Born to abandoned ranch horses, José has spent his life in the open wild, not familiar with human interaction. He has survived more than a few seasons, and is confident in what he has learned and how to use it to maximize survival for himself and his mares. Stout of build and tender in demeanor, the stallion does not find it difficult to make friends. He enjoys welcoming mares into his herds, and takes up the role of protector without hesitation. He is not opposed to confrontation, and will handle it in such a way that an outcome is quick and final. If he is beaten, he accepts the fact and moves on -- his honesty about and feelings towards any given situation can be rather blunt, as he only knows what is solid and real. He is observant and thoughtful, having learned the value of mindfulness in respect to other horses. He is inventive when under pressure to act, and generally able to fulfill his duties. Foals are brought up and then chased out, gently and cleanly, and he oversees the doings of his herd without feeling the need to constantly intervene. Gentleness coexists beside a realistic attitude -- he is not decadently optimistic, but he still enjoys watching the sunrise.

---

➴ ➴ ➴

molly | 11 | mule | 850 lbs. | 15 hh | pangare sorrel

+ : steady ; mellow ; kind
- : tame ; compliant ; cautious

A mild-mannered, trustworthy mule, Peyote was taken along on several hunting trips during her life. Able to bear the weight of packing out, she was on one such excursion when a sudden, violent storm broke out, throwing the horses and mules into a panic. They were scattered once they recovered their senses, and the mule now finds herself alone. The storm was a fluke: she is normally an honest-to-goodness mule, displaying all of the sure-footed, even-tempered, eager-to-please attributes of her breed. While her amiable nature may come across as simple-minded aloofness to more energetic creatures, Peyote is well-aware of her surroundings and the moods and whims of those around her. Pleasant, quiet company is preferred, although she can readily handle herself in a rowdy crowd. A mediator at heart, she has always loved gentle attention, be it from a human or a fellow equine. She is quite content to simply be a part of a herd, and if she has a job to do, she will pursue the task without complaint. A kind heart fuels her quiet nature, but it also leaves her tending toward becoming dangerously docile.

---

➴ ➴ ➴

mare | 6 | AQH | 850 lbs. | 15 hh | palomino

+ : cheerful ; affectionate ; gregarious
- : flighty ; needy ; naive

---

mare | 3 | welsh mountain pony | 13 hh

+ : heartfelt ; inquisitive ; trusting
- : soft ; inexperienced ; flighty

A curious little mare, Perula has only recently found herself out on the dry plains alone. Tagging along as a more experienced, ill-tempered stablemate broke free, she was not able to keep up with the jaded mare for long. She is undoubtedly kind and peaceful, but these are not traits that will work in her favor when it comes to pure survival. Perula desires constant company and companionship, and she has not yet had to learn how to compose herself around stallions. While she can have a rather sunny disposition when the situation is comfortable, she is liable to take flight when she is confronted by anything she doesn’t understand, or simply refuses to acknowledge.
Last edited by dilly on Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ elysian ]

Postby dilly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:17 pm

---
Last edited by dilly on Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me