Feedback Needed: Change to Oekaki Organisation

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Please tell us what you'd like for the oekaki organisation!

I like the way those boards are organised already and I don't want them to change.
11%
I don't like the way those boards are organised. I'd like a new category system!
24%
I like the suggestion to sort the art by the subject e.g. human, animal, landscapes...
56%
I would prefer the art to be sorted by some other method (please detail in comments)
5%
I have other suggestions for new oekaki boards (please detail in comments)
4%

Total votes : 557

Re: Feedback Needed: Change to Oekaki Organisation

Postby Zear » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I do still feel like a Sketches/Experiments board should still be a thing though since people do like doing just sketches on the oekaki and still having it lets more rendered works stay on the front page of the categories longer. I feel like this board only became oversaturated just because people didn't know/didn't want to judge which skill-based board they should have posted in.

I also don't think fandom/fanart doesn't need its own board, all the content would be more organized if sorted by the content. I can see that having a sole fandom board just having everything and being a mess.
Zear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:47 am

Zear wrote:I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I do still feel like a Sketches/Experiments board should still be a thing though since people do like doing just sketches on the oekaki and still having it lets more rendered works stay on the front page of the categories longer. I feel like this board only became oversaturated just because people didn't know/didn't want to judge which skill-based board they should have posted in.

I also don't think fandom/fanart doesn't need its own board, all the content would be more organized if sorted by the content. I can see that having a sole fandom board just having everything and being a mess.

I agree with the Sketches/Experiments board. I use that a lot and if I had new boards without sketches and experiments I wouldn't know where to put my drawings sometimes,, I would like that board to be kept,,
I also agree with fandom/fanart,, it might cause a mess because theres no real organization bc fandoms/fanart can fit into multiple categories.
But other than that I think having it sorted by subjects is a good idea, not a lot of people use the ranking boards. As long as sketches and experiments are still here.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 am

galaxymouse wrote:
Zear wrote:I really like the suggestion about ordering by subjects, trying to gauge what skill level individual pieces were at in order to post was frustrating.

I agree with the Sketches/Experiments board. I use that a lot and if I had new boards without sketches and experiments I wouldn't know where to put my drawings sometimes,, I would like that board to be kept,,
I also agree with fandom/fanart,, it might cause a mess because theres no real organization bc fandoms/fanart can fit into multiple categories.
But other than that I think having it sorted by subjects is a good idea, not a lot of people use the ranking boards. As long as sketches and experiments are still here.

agree!
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Thank you so much everyone who has participated in the poll and discussion! We've had some really great feedback and ideas :)

I've posted an updated list in a new topic, so please vote again:
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4289849
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me