Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Small update to forum buttons, user page, foe list

Postby Spaceinmyhead » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 am

The buttons were sudden but I like them! It will take some time to get used to, but at least I don't have to get frustrated trying to click the right one.

I wish I had like, one brain cell...
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
pfp by: @kaisisles
Spaceinmyhead
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCervine » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:12 am

Any reason the Space theme has a copy of Business buttons? I always use Space and strongly prefer the button style on the right :( (Especially the 2 rows with 3 buttons each, but honestly the silly font is my preference too - the formal one is perfect for Business though! Still don't understand the Scenes and Dressups being bigger however-)
Attachments
buttons.png
buttons.png (59.33 KiB) Viewed 432 times
SilverCervine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:26 am

SilverCervine wrote:Any reason the Space theme has a copy of Business buttons? I always use Space and strongly prefer the button style on the right :( (Especially the 2 rows with 3 buttons each, but honestly the silly font is my preference too - the formal one is perfect for Business though! Still don't understand the Scenes and Dressups being bigger however-)

The Space theme probably has the buttons like that to keep with the rest of the theme. The other text on the site that is normally the bubble text is just regular text on the Space theme (the menu buttons for example), so these buttons are just keeping along with that.

I think the sizing can depend on your browser size and your device, though I cant confirm that (I've seen several different types of button spacing but mine is always 3 and 3. I don't get the spacing with 4 on top and 2 on the bottom on any theme).
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clawdina » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:20 am

Although it's taken a bit to get use to these, I'm kinda liking them! I appreciate being able to see these better and having way less of a chance to misclick c:

she/her | ace ♠️
Need to vent?
Want help?
My PMs are open!
Looking for Art
Barn + Stables
Clawdina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eek scary » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:24 am

It seems quite nice.
Eek scary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Michael's Fan. » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:40 pm

I don't like the new button design, i think it's too chunky and takes up space on my profile.
Michael's Fan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 am

i'm a little late to the party, but after a few days of adjusting to them, i think the new buttons and such are great! it makes it a lot more user friendly and personally i think it gives the site some more personality!
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverCervine » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:56 am

Celozon wrote:The Space theme probably has the buttons like that to keep with the rest of the theme. The other text on the site that is normally the bubble text is just regular text on the Space theme (the menu buttons for example), so these buttons are just keeping along with that.

I think the sizing can depend on your browser size and your device, though I cant confirm that (I've seen several different types of button spacing but mine is always 3 and 3. I don't get the spacing with 4 on top and 2 on the bottom on any theme).

...I've never noticed that the menu buttons are more formal in Space...I'm shook...like, never registered that in my head
and now you said that, i made my browser window smaller and they are indeed spaced 3 and 3 - wow! wish it stayed this way haha
anyway, thank you for clearing this up! c:
SilverCervine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VampireMessageNinja » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Is it possible at all that the theme CS Business gets different buttons? The ones on the profile don't really fit to business look, the icons on them make it obvious as heck that you are playing a game, so..
My Lights are: OFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
VampireMessageNinja

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Junhui; » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Why do the buttons line up differently on the space and business themes than they do on all the others? On space and business, they have 4 on top and 2 on the bottom, unless you zoom in a lot; every other theme has 3 and 3 which looks much better. It doesn't make sense, because the buttons should be the same size regardless of theme? The theme you use doesn't change the size of your screen
Junhui;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me