Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

Re: Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 15, 2018 7:01 pm

@mip centered like this?
Code: Select all
[left][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/80ef/f/2018/134/9/4/untitled_drawing_by_that90s_song-dcbjwje.png[/img][/left][left][center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/87a1/f/2017/249/a/e/12_by_that90s_song-dbmk4c7.gif[/img]
[size=90]hey there! now quick disclaimer that it can
 get quite messy at my menagerie
sometimes so please bare with me if im
 taking quite awhile <3 im still a student who
 unnecessarily stresses over late homework
 that I could’ve prevented, form well, being
 late. enough of my woes, onto the
requirements, rules, limits, etc. etc. you’ve
 probably heard it all before. but blah blah blah,
 oh and before you go on i will mostly only be
 accepting C$ because I’m very poor in that
regard, so unless you have one of my rare
wishlist be prepared to get shot down without
C$ ;( sorry loves.[/size]
[img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/87a1/f/2017/249/a/e/12_by_that90s_song-dbmk4c7.gif[/img][/center][/left][left][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/a499/f/2017/248/c/7/b_by_that90s_song-dbmglrc.png[/img][/left]
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ventuswill » Wed May 16, 2018 11:10 am

Mark
hihi!! i'm not really active on here
so it's best to ignore me haha,
if you want to talk though
feel free to pm!! might not
get to it right away though <33

!!! wawawawawwawa!!!

wawa
kam • she/they • taken • wlw
ventuswill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniic! » Sun May 20, 2018 7:33 am

the colour gradient thing isn't working what should i do
Maniic!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Sun May 20, 2018 7:56 am

snappy croc wrote:the colour gradient thing isn't working what should i do

make sure you're not missing parts of the code?
      if that's not the case pm me and i could try to help^^
nicky - she - exhausted lesbian goth
IX.VI.MMXXII / IX.XI & XII MMXXIII
code shopx bbcode help
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Mon May 21, 2018 9:25 am

Our discord server is here !

Based on poll results, many of you said you'd like a discord server, so I took the time to make it!
    (note, to gain access to the full server, a joining form has to be posted, so I can give you the role that allows you access to the rest of the channels.

On another note, I will be hiring four moderators to help keep the discord a safe and fun environment. These four individuals will also help around the thread when they can. To apply, fill in this google form.
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sky, » Fri May 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi! I have a customer who is asking for a signature that is mobile friendly (as they only go on cs with a mobile device).
I was wondering if there were any differences from laptop to mobile that I needed to know about when coding. Such as
dimensions, etc. The customer owns an Iphone 8. Thank you so much for your time! c:
sky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri May 25, 2018 4:16 pm

there is a vastly huge difference, which is why almost all coders don't offer mobile-friendly sigs in their shops.

for one, unicodes look different, and will more often than not break the coding, or not show at all. furthermore, there's also maximum length and width to figure out. a mobile sig space is really small, so considering your coding style, it'll be a lot of trouble to make everything fit and be able to keep up with your coding technique. ^^^ there is also text size to consider, which (on some devices) will be quite different from the desktop. my phone, for example, does not distinguish between size 80 and size 85 (size 80 text will always show itself as size 85)

personally i wouldn't code for them, my apologies. this is because i find that in order to make sigs mobile-friendly enough, i have to simplify the coding and minimize the use of unicodes and columns to the point where i feel like my usual price wouldn't be worth that particular sig at all. i suppose you could try something, however. i've seen quite a couple of workable mobile-friendly sigs around

Postby oakhearted » Fri May 25, 2018 5:28 pm

❝ sᴋʏ's ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴍɪᴛ . wrote:
Hi! I have a customer who is asking for a signature that is mobile friendly (as they only go on cs with a mobile device).
I was wondering if there were any differences from laptop to mobile that I needed to know about when coding. Such as
dimensions, etc. The customer owns an Iphone 8. Thank you so much for your time! c:

Ask Hubble! they can help you!
cheyne / adult / enfp-t / 4w5 / tritype: 495 / lawful good / sanguine [dom] / aest
carrd (main) :: carrd (cs) :: listo :: he/they :: toyhou.se :: oakhearted#8284 :: Image
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sig & pfp includes characters & ppl i kin | looking for new friends, hmu! | i'm in multiple fandoms ^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Smoothie Resources: help forum > faq > site rules > wiki > contact staff
oakhearted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocoboq » Sat May 26, 2018 1:33 am

❝ sᴋʏ's ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴍɪᴛ . wrote:

Hello! I dont mean to beat on a dead horse or anything, but I figured I'd put in my own two cents.

There are really only two ways to make a signature that is cross-device compatible: create a single-image signature, or code a small sig. If you want more detail and more creative liberty, I would go with the single-image option. However, make sure your customer is ok with that. Not everyone likes that kind of signature, and you should always ask before going for it. But if you want to actually physically code it and maybe put in a few links or something, make sure it's small and simple and does NOT use anything like emojis or certain picture-text (idk the word) options because the way they look changes from device to device. For example, the cry/laugh emoji looks different on an Android device compared to an iPhone. Overall, something small is definitely the way to go, just to be safe.

The mobile device they use dictates the size of signature the site allows. For example, someone's signature may look different on a Kindle compares to a Samsung s8 phone depending on size and how many different parts it has. You should be safe so long as you stick with a nice, simple signature that's fairly small. Also, it will appear differently if they use the desktop versus mobile site on their mobile device, but I would stick with checking your code on the mobile site... that's your safest bet since I imagine a majority of CS users on mobile devices use the mobile site. However, if they only care about how their signature looks on their mobile device and not other's, then feel free to do whatever makes the customer most happy.

All in all, though, make sure your customer knows what they're going to get out of it. It's likely going to be a fairly small signature and may be pretty simple. If they're thinking big with lots of pictures, this may not be the right choice for them.

Alright, that's about all I could think of... for a few examples of cross-device compatible signatures, these two are the first ones I think of that I personally made.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask! I'm always open for advice or coding help, and so are the other people on this thread. Good luck, and happy coding!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the biggest nerd
working a lot
adult player

──── istp ────
newbie guide
important links
adopt a newbie
help ticket

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rocoboq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sky, » Sun May 27, 2018 1:35 am

Thank you to all those who answered me. c: I will keep your input in mind. <3 Thank you again!
sky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me