Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

World Wide page counter

So yes you caught me. 700 or so unique visits, that's incredible! I am curious about where you guys are from too! Because of this I got a flag counter here.
28%
72%

Total votes : 323

Re: Digitally Distinct: Coding & Signature Tutorial/Help Thr

Postby Goostarion » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:43 pm

I realise I haven't been online and have neglected many of my responsibilities on this site, most importantly this thread. This isn't a retirement post, but more a catch up and corrections post:

1: I have had my pms turned off, this is fair enough since I am studying full time 4 courses at once and this is not something I want to fail.

2: I have been alerted that there are duplicate threads similar to this offsite. I have taken correct procedure in dealing with this situation and thank all who brought it to mod attention. I cannot stop you from making any duplicate threads, but I can ask for credit, especially where the reference material is so similar to that of DD. I explained this previously, but will do so again.

THE COPYRIGHT I HAVE IS THE CONTENT WHICH FALLS HAS BROUGHT TOGETHER WHILE I HAVE ADDED TO IT.
For those who do not know, a user by the name of falls was the person who created this thread back in 2014 and is the sole creator of this thread. With that said, you are free to recontextualize any resource you use from this page which is not created by another user, as that user own the rights to that tutorial or contribution being displayed. Please note that I have a reference of who contributed what and if it was something a user artificially created, using this reference will be classed as theft / plagiarism and will be dealt with accordingly.

However, if the thread looks remotely similar to digitally distinct, you will be asked to link reference to this thread as this thread being a source of the information from which you have gotten it from. There is no ifs or buts about it. This is not only because of plagiarism of the thread itself, but also plagiarism from the users who took the time to contribute to the thread. By not crediting this thread as a source, it effectively comes under being beneficial of someone else's work.

The long and blunt story short of this is if you do not give credit to this thread, especially after being asked by myself or a mod from this page, it will be reported to the moderators of the site which the thread created has been posted on.

You wouldn't hand in an essay without crediting the source of information that you found on a site into school, it's not okay to do it here too. Not just for me, but everyone who helps keep this code boat afloat.

If you want to ask permission, you really don't have to as long as you credit this thread. Asking for permission however promotes you being positive and updated about potential plagiarism rules and acknowledging the original creators.

I don't want to have to say this all again in another 6 months or so.

3: I am looking for one more mod for the staff team. I already know who I have in mind here but I need to confirm it. I don't want to turn my pms on so send me a trade if you are interested and I will talk to you about it. (I am trying to avoid getting tons of pms a day from people asking for help own way or another. I apologise for the inconvenience)
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waggy » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:53 pm

hello,
i've always seen these fonts in many people signatures,its like,a font overlayed by another,where do you get them?sorry if this doesnt really explain,and doesnt belong here :| . thanks!
waggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gods » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:05 am

octobercat wrote:hello,
i've always seen these fonts in many people signatures,its like,a font overlayed by another,where do you get them?sorry if this doesnt really explain,and doesnt belong here :| . thanks!

your best bet would be to edit them in an art program to overlap. there arent many good looking fonts like that offered for free, so doing it yourself would be a better option.

oliver/noll - he/him
gods

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azh » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:15 am

gods wrote:

your best bet would be to edit them in an art program to overlap. there arent many good looking fonts like that offered for free, so doing it yourself would be a better option.

And if you want to know a good editing program that's free, Pixlr is what I use. It's really good with fonts downloaded from sites like Dafont or other places. And it's easy to use!
Azh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waggy » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 am

Bev wrote:
gods wrote:

And if you want to know a good editing program that's free, Pixlr is what I use. It's really good with fonts downloaded from sites like Dafont or other places. And it's easy to use!

oh,alright.thank you both very much!
waggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocketstarletta! » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:25 am

Code: Select all
    [left][size=200][color=#c07345]░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░[/color][/size][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/3vLHU9p.png[/img][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/yeuz7Bs.jpg[/img][/left][left][size=200][color=#c07345]░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░
    ░░░[/color][/size][/left]

Can Someone Help Me, I'm Trying To Make This Sig, Look Like What It Looks In Preview Like This!
    But When I Submit It, It Turns Out Like This,
    Any Help Is Much Appricated!
rocketstarletta!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby storm coming. » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:30 am

here you go. all i did was make the 'hello autumn' and picture into the same column and then do a right column before the image to make the border go to the right of it. then i put another right column before that with transparent x's to push it over.

[left][size=200][color=#c07345]░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░[/color][/size][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/3vLHU9p.png[/img]
      [right][color=transparent]xxxxxx[/color][/right][right][size=200][color=#c07345]░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░
      ░░░[/color][/size][/right][img]http://i.imgur.com/yeuz7Bs.jpg[/img][/left]
storm coming.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rocketstarletta! » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:48 am

@storm thank you so much!
♛ - I might not be as active as
I like to be because of persona
l reasons, but pm’s and replies
maybe slow, just please be pat
ient with me! <3
feeling - very depressed,
lonely & stressed out! ;-;
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
xxxxxxxxxxx
hiya! I my name is rocket! feel free t
o call me, nebula, rockey, rocky, or r
achel! I love roleplay with anyone, t
hough I do prefer human based rolep
lays, if your looking for a 1x1 partne
r, or you'd like to invite me to a role
play, feel free to pm me! a little ab
out me is that I am a film geek, and
I do make films on my youtube chan
nel. most of my characters on my se
ries is my roleplay characters! pleas
e don't steal! one day want to beco
me a tv director, and make series,
that's one of my dreams.
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
but I also like other things like mar
kiplier, jacksepticeye, pewds, and
ouat, and galavant, I am also a big
disney fan! feel free to pm me if y
ou looking for a friend! my pm's ar
e always open!
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
channel join my rp storm
sparks queenie piya storage
xxxxxxxxxxx
rocketstarletta!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 am

What are some websites that you can use to make an image/gif larger, without much quality loss? I can only din places to make them smaller, not larger. Thanks for any help c:
(Gif I'm trying to make bigger: xXx
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:12 am

Nicky Midnight wrote:What are some websites that you can use to make an image/gif larger, without much quality loss? I can only din places to make them smaller, not larger. Thanks for any help c:
(Gif I'm trying to make bigger: xXx

Try http://ezgif.com/

[left][img]http://67.media.tumblr.com/839e5f20d65e11bb65e77ba727f6c63d/tumblr_o3qvexoVen1tvo2c3o1_250.gif[/img][/left][right][img]http://i.imgur.com/ckqGyea.png[/img][/right][size=85][color=#0000BF]╭ ● ══════  ══════  ══════  ●  ╮[/color]

[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/help/gethelp][b][color=#4000BF]help![/color][/b][/url]

[color=transparent]xxxxx[/color][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=135242][color=#0000BF][b]s[/b][/color]o, i can't share my age?[/url]

[color=transparent]xxxxxxx[/color][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1455607][color=#BF00BF][b]g[/b][/color]ood ol' site tour![/url]

[color=transparent]xxxxxx[/color][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=1947365][color=#0000BF][b]r[/b][/color]oleplays have rules!?[/url]

[color=#BF00BF]╰ ● ══════ ══════ ══════ ● ╯[/color][/size]
[size=85][b]-[/b] back at uni for my last year. [color=#0000BF]([/color][color=#BF00BF]^_^[/color][color=#0000BF])[/color][/size]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/g36Vw8p.png[/img]

Is there a way to make the image border on the right touch the signature? The closest I got it to the signature was if I put the right tags. Thank you!
arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me