Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

World Wide page counter

So yes you caught me. 700 or so unique visits, that's incredible! I am curious about where you guys are from too! Because of this I got a flag counter here.
28%
72%

Total votes : 323

Re: Digitally Distinct: Coding & Signature Tutorial/Help Thr

Postby .kyungsoo » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:01 am

Jubunu wrote:
Zathura, wrote:
Alright, so I am coding a signature for someone and I am having issues with the text box.

I need the text box to go right next to the text ' THAT ', but for some reason it keeps going outside. I'd appreciate help, and if needed, here is the code:

-snip-

Do you mean something like this? I also added a single transparent x above the "that" image to make it match the height of the text box; you can remove that if you wish and the coding will still work.

Also, love the signature- I'm obsessed with Hunter x Hunter right now lol

Thank you so much! c:
.kyungsoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Re:

Postby Mooshidog » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:11 am

Aliria wrote:
Mooshidog wrote:
iinsomnia wrote:
      ^ you have to resize the pictures yourself c:

thank you
but how do i resize ?
do i download the picture and resize it ?

You can resize images in just about any image editor. If you don't want to download anything, you can use pixlr or lunapic, if you are willing to download something gimp is very good.

thank you : )
---------------------------
hi, i'm moose and i love you ♡
god, blm, pisces, 2/24/16
---------------------------
Mooshidog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby víolet » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:45 am

hi there, i'm having an issue with the text box in this code. this may just be a stupid problem, but could someone help me please? thanks so much <33

Code: Select all
      [left][img]http://fontmeme.com/freefonts/img.php?f=128382&s=200&t=D&c=000000[/img]
      [size=200]░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░[/size][/left][left][img]http://fontmeme.com/freefonts/img.php?f=128382&s=50&t=A%20W%20N%20C%20L%20A%20N%20!%20!&c=000000[/img]
      [img]http://oi66.tinypic.com/dlnhwo.jpg[/img][/left][left][size=140]░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░[/size][/left][left][size=200][color=#000000]┌──────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]
      [right][size=200][color=#000000]│

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=80] [color=#808080]WELCOME TO DAWNCLAN 3.0
      text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
      text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
      text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text[/color][/size][/center][/right][size=200][color=#000000]│

│[/color][/size]
      [size=200][color=#000000]└──────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]
víolet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:47 am

firefly, wrote:
      hi there, i'm having an issue with the text box in this code. this may just be a stupid problem, but could someone help me please? thanks so much <33

[left][img]http://fontmeme.com/freefonts/img.php?f=128382&s=200&t=D&c=000000[/img]
      [size=200]░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░[/size][/left][left][img]http://fontmeme.com/freefonts/img.php?f=128382&s=50&t=A%20W%20N%20C%20L%20A%20N%20!%20!&c=000000[/img]
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░[/size][/left][left][size=200][color=#000000]┌──────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=80] [color=#808080]WELCOME TO DAWNCLAN 3.0
      text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text[/color][/size][/center][/right][size=200][color=#000000]│

│[/color][/size]

it was too small for the words, i just made it a tad bit bigger. is this what you wanted?

[size=200]░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░[/size][/left][left][size=200][color=#000000]┌───────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size]
[size=200][color=#000000]└───────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby víolet » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:09 am

.pastelpixels wrote:
firefly, wrote:

[size=200]░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░
      ░░

│[/color][/size]

it was too small for the words, i just made it a tad bit bigger. is this what you wanted?

[size=200]░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░[/size][/left][left][size=200][color=#000000]┌───────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size]
[size=200][color=#000000]└───────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]

ahhh this helped a ton! thank you so much <3
víolet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .-Tired-. » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi! As you can see in my signature, i had started working on it, and i did resize all of the pictures, but when i went to start working on it again the next day, all the pictures had gotten an error or something, and would not show, is that normal?
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
-What's better-
x
x
x
𝐵𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔x
𝕋

𝔸
╔════════════════╗
xx
xxxxxxxx You can
xxxxxxxx call me T!
xx

╚════════════════╝

██████████████████████████
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮
xx
.-Tired-.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostmaker » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:45 pm

WinterHasCome wrote:Hi! As you can see in my signature, i had started working on it, and i did resize all of the pictures, but when i went to start working on it again the next day, all the pictures had gotten an error or something, and would not show, is that normal?

you have to upload the images onto an online image hosting site, such as imgur or tinypic.
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:46 pm

WinterHasCome wrote:Hi! As you can see in my signature, i had started working on it, and i did resize all of the pictures, but when i went to start working on it again the next day, all the pictures had gotten an error or something, and would not show, is that normal?

It looks like you copied the image URLs directly from EZgif. EZgif only stores image files for a short amount of time, so if you want to use an image made with it, you need to save the image and upload it to an image hosting site, such as imgur.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .-Tired-. » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Aliria wrote:

It looks like you copied the image URLs directly from EZgif. EZgif only stores image files for a short amount of time, so if you want to use an image made with it, you need to save the image and upload it to an image hosting site, such as imgur.
.pastelpixels wrote:

you have to upload the images onto an online image hosting site, such as imgur or tinypic.

Oh, oops >.< hehe I guess I forgot to do that... Hehe Thanks for telling me!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
-What's better-
x
x
x
𝐵𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔x
𝕋

𝔸
╔════════════════╗
xx
xxxxxxxx You can
xxxxxxxx call me T!
xx

╚════════════════╝

██████████████████████████
xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓿𝓮
xx
.-Tired-.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheLifeOfADayDreamer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Jubunu wrote:
TheLifeOfADayDreamer wrote:Hello! I'm using one of the signature templates, but I've run into a problem.

-snip-

The first problem was that the big picture on the right was down below the big one on the left. At first, I thought it was because of the size of the main box, but even after I shortened the box, the left side was still in the way of the picture. I messes around with the coding for a while, but nothing seems to work. I'm new to CS coding, so apologies if it turns out to be something stupid XD
Here's the code...

-snip-

Hi there, I'm willing to try and help you out.

In the code provided, it seems you fixed the issue with the large image on the right being below the image on the left, so that's good! I did change a few things- first I made the top and bottom lines of the text box longer as they weren't long enough to connect with the sides, then I change the coding around the right-most image to [left ][/left] instead of [right ][/right].

A lot of the time coding will look different when it's posted in either your signature or just posted onto a forum. I can see that the coding looks a little funky when posted onto the forum;
indent(screenshot of forum view)

But it seems to work just fine when I put it into my signature;
indent(screenshot of signature view)

I even set it as my signature for a few seconds, and it looks fine when view both on forums as well as on my account page.

If those pictures aren't when you're seeing on your computer, it might be because different monitor resolutions and internet browsers sometimes see the coding differently. I have a very large monitor and use Google Chrome, and everything seems to look correct on my screen o.o

Here's the coding that I used for both screenshots:
[b]WIP[/b]

[left][img]http://i.imgur.com/o2VCysF.jpg[/img][/left][left][size=120]▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌[/size][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/2amUl2L.jpg[/img]
    [size=120]╔═════════════════════════╗[/size]
    [right][size=120]║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║[/size][/right][right]text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text
text text text text text text text text[/right][size=120]║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║
    ║[/size]
    [size=120]╚═════════════════════════╝[/size]
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/2amUl2L.jpg[/img][/left][left][size=120]▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌
    ▌[/size][/left][left][img]http://i.imgur.com/o2VCysF.jpg[/img][/left]

Hopefully this helps at least a little! C:

Thank you! I just use google, but it still seems to be working much better now :)

╔═════════════════════════╗

Hey all! Dreamer here <3
I love animals - particularly
cats and horses -
roleplay, reading/writing, horse
riding and movies. If you like any
of those things we should get
along just fine (:

╚═════════════════════════╝

TheLifeOfADayDreamer

My pets
My items