Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

GUARDIANS OF GA'HOOLE: RPG Adopts by LovetheHoly

Based on Click to view
Artist LovetheHoly [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
64 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

GUARDIANS OF GA'HOOLE: RPG Adopts

Postby LovetheHoly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Image Image Image

𝙷ṓ𝙼𝙴● ●𝙻𝙸𝙱𝚁𝙰𝚁𝚈● ●𝙽𝙴𝚂𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶● ●𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙸𝚂𝘵 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷● ●𝙲ṓ𝙼𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈● ●𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙺𝙴𝚃𝙿𝙻𝙰𝙲𝙴● ●n / a
      ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage

You've been flying for moons on end with your flock through the storms and heat, you spot the Island of Ga'hoole but it's rather small so you doubt it's what you're looking for, only when you reach the gate do you acknowledge the sheer size of The Great Tree. The journey has only just begun...

Scroll 1 wrote:
      Welcome to the island of Ga'hoole where there lies an ancient tree homing hundreds upon thousands of owls many of whom guard and care for this sacred place with their lives.
      Here you can develop and grow a new flock of your own but don't get settled just yet, you must prepare them to defend our home and go on hazardous missions to other regions and or take on important tasks to become the guardians of Ga'hoole

-T r e e | G u i d e-

H O W | t h e | S T O R Y | b e g a n ...
Last edited by LovetheHoly on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

L E V E L S | C H A W S | A R M O U R & W E A P O N R Y

Postby LovetheHoly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:29 pm

[- Just FYI you can add as many accessories to your owl as you'd like! The following listed below are relevant to your owl's prowess and ability -]>

L E V E L S + R A R I T Y
            Level 1 wrote:
            Gear
            -Bare training talons
            50 exp. required to level up
            Level 2 wrote:
            Gear
            -(1x) edited training talons
            -Bare training helmet
            150 exp. required to level up
            Level 3 wrote:
            Gear
            -(2x) edited training talons
            -(1x) edited training helmet
            300 exp. required to level up
            Level 4 wrote:
            Gear
            -(3x) edited combat talons
            -(2x) edited combat helmet
            500 exp. required to level up
            Level 5 wrote:
            Gear
            -(4x) edited combat talons
            -(3x) edited combat helmet
            750 exp. required to level up

{ more to come }

▼ ▼

R a r i t i e s

ImageImage

Boron & Barren wrote:~ It all depends on which chaw your owl belongs to and sometimes even what level they are ~

v [- Yes indeed things can be complicated when it comes to rarities! I hope this guide helps otherwise PM LovetheHoly for any questions/concerns! -]Image

Common wrote:* Any of the four default owls; (great grey owl/spotted owl/barn owl/horned owl)

* small head feather/tail feather edits

Uncommon wrote:* small wing edits
      * longer (edited) body feathers (chest/legs/etc)

Rare wrote:*longer/edited claws
      *no feathers
      *blindness/missing limb(s)

Very Rare wrote:*horns
      *glowing eyes
      *Custom owl (any owl that is not of the default set)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H o w > t o > a d v a n c e
      Image You can always PM anyone in Parliament about any art or writing you've done for your owl but you are more likely to advance quicker by applying for/completing missions. It's pretty simple to get from level one to two and so on but it begins growing harder and harder once you get to higher levels like five and six:

E x p e r i e n c e (exp.)
      Experience is the key to leveling up, aside from missions you can earn exp. with every writing or art piece you do. As gaining experience helps you reach the required amount to pass a level, this is vital to your owls strength as each edit to their gear helps them earn this as well, read farther down this post in 'armour & weaponry' for more information.
      writing:
      *200+ words = 50 xp
      *300+ words = 80 xp
      *400+ words = 150 xp
      *500+ words = 250 xp
      *600+ words = 300 xp
      *700+ words = 400xp
      *800+ words = 450xp
      *900+ words = 500xp

art:
      *empty sketch = 20 xp
      *colored sketch = 40 xp
      *detailed colored sketch = 100 xp
      *small pixel art = 120 xp
      *large pixel art = 180 xp
      *full color+background = 200xp
      *full color+shading + background = 300xp
      *full-on painting = 750xp
      *animation = 850 xp
      *AMV/PMV = 1000 xp

If you're ever having trouble figuring out how to advance your owl review Shard's progress to get a better understanding !

ImageSome come as much younger owls, also known as apprentices, they're absolutely not allowed to go on missions as it'd be a death sentence being so small fighting off full grown enemies, however they can take on small tasks that mention they're allowed to participate so you don't have to entirely rely on scripts and sketches to get your apprentice to guardianship. This is not required but the quickest way is to get them a mentor, this must be an adult owl at least having a status of level 5 in order to train them, basically it works like flocks except this can be from another persons owl, with every mission the mentor goes the apprentice 'learns' the skills they need by observing them in combat so they earn the same exp. with this method some apprentices can reach instant guardian ship depending on their mentor and the mission.
      If an apprentice reaches guardianship before they're due to grow into adulthood then they'll become guardians once they're grown they are still not allowed to be guardians and go on missions until they're large enough to fight full battles and cannot equip their helmet until then as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C H A W S

Ezylyrb wrote:A Chaw is a squadron within the Great Ga'Hoole Tree that specializes in teaching each owl a particular skill and soon, master it. There are a total of nine chaws, currently seven of the nine are active here.

c o l l i e r i n g | c h a w
      Colliering is the art and skill of diving into forest fires in order to harvest coals and embers for blacksmiths. Owls have been known to be "fire-blinked," and many have a dreaded fear of crowning, which is when fire leaps from treetop to treetop and may suck up an owl without skillful maneuvering. Many fear being tapped this chaw but the owl's at Ga'hoole tapped with this are upon the most respected colliers, Ezylyrb and Elvan are the heads of this profession as this is a dangerous and serious chaw.

w e a t h e r | c h a w
      The purpose of the weather chaw is to fly into bad weather, such as hurricanes and tropical storms, in order to gather weather information for the Great Ga'Hoole Tree,. It sounds simple but it is among the most dangerous of the chaws, because the violent winds can tear off an owl's wings and feathers, or cast them into the sea. Despite their abilities in bad weather, the weather chaw never flies into a tornado because of the extreme danger.

b a t t l e | c h a w
      The battle chaw, also known as 'search and rescue' specializes in search, rescue and combat. Battle claws are used. Owls with this chaw are known to grow very strong but they aren't known to maintain their health well only their ability to sustain it for long periods of time during battle is given recognition. Surprisingly it's a fairly common chaw as owl's with this chaw are more likely to be able to go on missions, even those that don't require combat just to assist other owls from getting to other regions in the map, protecting them from rebels and pirates.

t r a c k i n g | c h a w
      Trackers can identify the tracks of birds and small land animals, and put together clues that will tell them of an event that has happened in the past. Owls will also work in the tracking chaw for tactical tracking skills.

n a v i g a t i o n | c h a w
      Owls in navigation often trace constellations in the sky. Students in the navigation chaw have to remember constellations and relate it to different land locations at different times of the year. An owl is chosen for this chaw if they find ten nooties (fictional acorns) in the shape of a constellation in their bedding. Some that have grown incredibly advanced in this chaw have voyaged off alone to the Glauxian Brother's Retreat to later become monks.

h e a l i n g | c h a w
      The healing chaw is a vital and respected chaw, while there's rarely any clashing of talons required they help those that do. Owl's in this chaw are primarily responsible for ensuring that any wounded owls make a full recovery, this can be done by making their own remedies and discovering herbs, sometimes they are permitted to go on missions with other guilds to explore different species of fern and plant life that may have a healing element to them. A few owls that have mastered this chaw are rumored to have pure powers.

G a ' h o o l o l o g y | c h a w
      It specializes in caring for the great tree. The activities they perform include pellet burying, vine trimming, and pruning. When the band first arrived at the tree, the chaw was instructed and run by the Burrowing Owl Dewlap. It was viewed by most owls as the most boring subject and chaw. However, when Otulissa took over students tended to like the subject more, and become more interested. For those who are tapped for the Ga'Hoolology chaw, Otulissa offers a class about the natural history of the great tree.

________________________________________________________________________________________

A R M O U R & W E A P O N R Y

With every edit you apply your owl earns
      STRENGTH. Some owls in chaws such as healing or ga'hoology
      which aren't too dangerous or needing of weapons still receieve edits
      to their talons/helmets either decorated with plants and such and they
      get just as much strength as any other owl in more dangerous chaws as
      they gain strength in that specific categroy (e.g; and owl from a healing
      chaw received two edits to their talons, the edits placed were snowberry
      leaves and vines, they increased their strength in the ability to heal) Read
      chart below for details ..

Armour Chart wrote:Edits levels 1 - 3 = 50 strength each %
      Edits levels 4 - 6 = 100 strength each %
      Edits levels 7 - 10 = 300 strength each %

(Please read the Book of Law at Parliament for rules
      and regulations regarding edits) If you'd like to get
      any gear customized or commissioned submit a request
      to the Blacksmith (if they're open!)
Last edited by LovetheHoly on Wed May 02, 2018 10:26 am, edited 22 times in total.
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

M A P S | M I S S I O N S | E N E M I E S

Postby LovetheHoly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:30 pm

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageM A P SImage
      ____________________________________________________________________________________________________

M I S S I O N S
      Check here for missions and occasionally tasks daily or weekly depending on the current event. Be sure to read the requirements carefully before applying for a mission. You get a reward for each mission and a prize for each task, these can range from exp., shinies, and much more! However sometimes there is a limit to how many can apply for the mission or task. To submit an application whenever theres an open mission or task fill out the form below and post it here, Parliament will look over it and later post who's been accepted or declined, and later post the results of the mission and who won which reward(s).
              Form
              ( No available missions at the moment )

Code: Select all
              -

Rewards/Prizes wrote:n|a
        Mission/Task Requirements wrote:n|a

E N E M I E S
[- Some missions can get pretty dangerous, you'll need to know your enemy to defeat them so here's a list
of some possible obstacles you'll face ranging from least to the greatest threat!
-]>Image
ImageCrows are pesky hooligans that occasionally attack and rob traveling owls,
luckily they only are bothersome at the great tree, the desert and sometimes near the forest kingdom of tyto,
otherwise they're practically harmless. This is a level 2+ adversary

Image Bats, depending on where they're found can be ferocious and can occasionally gang up on a targeted owl, known to be the 'wolves' of the skies, these critters are known to have made negotiations with the pure ones, lending their armies in exchange for forging grounds and caves as they're found mostly at Kuneer and The Beaks. However they're surprisingly easy to defeat, the courageous Twilight himself knocked a hundred of them from the skies with nothing but his gizzard and his loot. This is a level 3+ adversary
Image Pure Ones aren't exactly as pure as they sound, led by Metal Beak, a traitor of the owl kingdom given his name after having been scarred from Lyze of Kiel, owls painted white and red with a built belief that 'Tytos are the purest breed of owl' and they should rule all the kingdoms, therefore with doctrines and moonblinking, he's grown a ruthless army of owls blinded by superiority and ego with a goal to take over everyones world, even the Islands of Hoole purely out of revenge. These owls are fairly difficult to take down and are found everywhere except the Island. This is a level 5+ adversary
Image Hagsfiends are by far one of the most dangerous creatures to take to the skies, better yet they're our guardians biggest enemy, with hazardous 'flecks' incrusted in their chest and forehead, they're the only feathered kind aside from bats that can withstand the force and harm of these. Guardians who have attempted to defeat them have sometimes fled trying as there's hardly any open area to strike as the flecks shield these vultures from attacks. This is a level 10+ adversary
Last edited by LovetheHoly on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:11 am, edited 42 times in total.
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P A R L I A M E N T | G E T . S T A R T E D | E X T R A S

Postby LovetheHoly » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:01 pm

You walk into an elegant dome lit both by fire and daylight, there, gleaming in your midst is a pair of royal snowy owls...

ImageImage
Meet Boron and Barran, the king and queen that rule the island's of ga'hoole, more specifically the great tree. Parliament is an organized group of owls that carry out their orders, and overall help them out with making sure everything goes steady at home.

Book of Law wrote:

◼︎ Credit to the artist for the design
◼︎ Please be respectful to everyone ! Both staff and community♥︎
◼︎ Do not change the original design, if you would like a revamp ask the artist for permission.
◼︎ It's recommended to have a flock, (a.k.a a page/forum for your owls like this) this is not required if you only wish to have one owl. This way the librarians can better organize your owls.
◼︎ Please check the Library to be sure not to have the same name as another owl, this is not against the rules but it's encouraged ! (e.g; owl 1; Isabella / owl 2; Isabellah)
◼︎ If the dashboard at the very top (where it should say 'home/library/artist search' and such) is not visible or your device cannot display it, therefore perhaps making it difficult for you to guess where things are, click "n/a" at the end to view where each button leads to !
◼︎ Most owls have natural designs here, however unnatural colors/patterns etc can be normally used.
◼︎ Any art and/or writing used must follow CS rules.
◼︎ If you're just getting started and would like to have your own flock, you may have one free custom (see beyond the book of law for details) All other customs can be ordered at the Marketplace
◼︎ You are not obligated to participate in gaining exp/missions and so on and your owl can still be completely able to thrive in the community, if you would rather do this with your owl than become a guardian you can add accessories per usual but still cannot equip or edit your owls talons or helmet until you gain the required amount of exp.
◼︎ You may only ADD to the given base for the talons and/or helmet and cannot edit the actual shape of it, however you may equip items that might 'distort' its shape, for example add spikes on the side of the more round and smooth base helmet, which at the end still makes it completely customizable, if you'd like to remove a previous edit you have made to it or want to change it, submit a request to the blacksmith at the Marketplace
◼︎ In every comp you must keep track of the word count and any art pieces, once you've calculated how much exp. you would earn (once your form is finished) add it to the given list and if you win the contest holder will give you edits according to how much exp you gained.
◼︎ If you receive an honorable mention, you can still use any exp. you've gained with the art or writing that earned you that HM for another owl of yours your choice ! If you get an HM and do not have an owl, you can still save it to apply it to a future owl but be sure to let the librarians know so they can stay organized.
◼︎ Have fun!
- signed, BarranImage

! G E T . S T A R T E D !

If you came looking to start your flock, you came to the right place my friend !

To get going you'll need a page for your owls, like this for example ( more examples can be found in the library), where you can keep track of your owls progress and just put anything else you'd like for them there! you must title it saying 'flock' at the end or something implying that it cannot be "character storage" etc we don't want to confuse the librarians
        > Each flock needs a 'leader', if you end up gaining multiple owls and favor one over the other, you are free to change your leader ! Just be sure you make it clear who the new or current leader is.
        >If you do not have any owls yet and need a leader, you are eligible to get a free custom !! You can only have one all other customs must be ordered at the market place.
        >>simply give a short description of things you'd like please no complexities (e.g; 'I want a snowy owl to have a dragon tattoo and to have camo-brown feathers') please lean towards descriptions like the following: "I'd like a horned owl, they're brown with black speckles on their belly and white tipped feathers, they have green eyes"
        >>Keep it at one base color, one pattern and one eye color to stay out of complexities.
        >>Be very specific please especially with colors instead of "lightly/darkly colored" say for example "light grey colored"
        >> Do not request natural color variations this is considered a complexity (e.g: albinism/melanistic)
        >>No requesting accessories or scars however you may apply those yourself once your owl is completed !
        >>No requesting rarity edits only any of the default owls (spotted/barn/horned/great grey)
        >>If you're request hasn't been claimed by an artisan within 2 weeks, you may repost your form but you cannot change it.

Now onto the fun part !! Be sure you've read all the rules carefully before filling out the form but when you do feel free to post it on the main thread~

Code: Select all
        [b]I need a leader![/b]
        Username:
        Flock page:
        Owl kind: (you can choose from: spotted/barn/horned or great grey)
        Description:

Once it's completed you can give it a name and gender !
Last edited by LovetheHoly on Wed May 02, 2018 2:23 am, edited 22 times in total.
LovetheHoly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GUARDIANS OF GA'HOOLE: RPG Adopts

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:38 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
THIS WAS AND STILL IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOK SERIES THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CO1LD » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:25 am

mmmm praises
CO1LD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:06 am

I don't even know the book series, but looks preeetty cool anyways.
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arkinhallow » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 pm

holy moly big mark yes please
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ajax. » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm

MaRK
ajax.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:30 pm

mark!!
    i read these books like at least twice as a kid!! they were my favorite.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me