Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Dao Outfit Guide : Part I by Scoinwolf

Artist Scoinwolf [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dao Outfit Guide : Part I

Postby Scoinwolf » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:09 pm

The left model is demonstrating a single-shoulder pauldron (aka half pauldron). The single-shoulder is common among lightly armored dao and is typically placed on their crash side (opposite their favored) as it is used for blocking and absorbing impact from blows. The half pauldron is easy to equip as it just needs to be clipped in place on a harness. Some half pauldrons and all full pauldrons come already fixed in place on a harness
Most dao prefer to bulk up their leg protection as well on their crash side and it will oft have a fuller cover than their favored. The most common is the cloth wrap as it is easy to apply and find. Cuffs/Bracers/Gauntlets/Gloves can be slipped on over the paw or clasped/tied in place if in multiple pieces/not sewn. These are typically placed over a leg wrap to prevent chafing but those with thicker fur can bear to go without the added layer.

The center model demonstrates a forwards-opened jacket/coat. Two dao are needed for this, one to wear the jacket and one to help put it on. The wearer will first step one paw through a leg hole then sit upright and tuck their paws in close to their chest. The helper will then bring the jacket around to the wearer's other shoulder and help tuck their other paw through the second leg hole. The arms of the jacket, if long, will be rolled up to make the process easier. If there are any clasps or belts to close the jacket, the helper will apply them, but if the wearer simply desires the jacket to hang open then nothing else is needed.

The right model demonstrates the back-closed jacket/coat. Two dao are needed for this, one to wear the jacket and one to help put it on. The jacket is laid out on the ground and the wearer steps into the two leg holes. They grasp the shorter side of the jacket and pull it up, holding it as far up on their side as they can. The helper takes the longer side of the jacket and brings it over the wearer's side and over their back. They can balance on one paw, while using the other to help bring the shorter side closer to the long, before connecting the clasps to hold the two together. Secondary claps are usually added on the outside of the overlap to prevent it from easily being taken off. Belts can be added as extra precaution as well.

The pull-over jacket will be demonstrated by Kelly in Wayward Bound
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dao Outfit Guide : Part I

Postby ~Teya~ » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm

Wow. o.o

Just, wow. All that description for their clothes. And by the way, what does a Dao, mean? ;u; Some sort of dog / wolf, I presume?
But seriously man, the attention to detail is so nice. I love this, and reading about the descriptions was so cool! It takes real dedication to write those long descriptions. XD
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scoinwolf » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 am

Thanks!! Dao are the species my comic, Wayward Bound, centers around. They're the Nova Terran version of a dog - a domesticated version of Hyperion's Hunters:
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Scoinwolf wrote:Thanks!! Dao are the species my comic, Wayward Bound, centers around. They're the Nova Terran version of a dog - a domesticated version of Hyperion's Hunters:

That's super interesting, I might have to check out the comic later :)
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me