Based on Click to view
Artist grifforik [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2170 - The Golden Snowflake

Postby grifforik » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:02 am

The Angel
just some basic information on this trait.
This event rare is dubbed "the angel" for it's somewhat angelic aesthetic, you can make it any sort of being (supernatural or not). The viscet's mutations include three halos, one above its head and two around it's tail, and two sets of small wings, one set on its shoulders and the other on its hips. The halos can be gold or silver in color and are always present on the viscet. Both sets of wings are always present on the viscet and cannot be any larger than their current size. The wings are somewhat functional; they have the strength to lift the viscet off the ground and float for a short amount of time on their own, but to fly the viscet would need another ability paired with it such as magic, levitation, supernatural-something, etc.

For this competition I'd just love to hear stories about the viscet. Do they fly? Do they not? Why bells? Do their markings mean anything? Tell me tales or show me pictures of what they do. I'd love to see some images of maybe a failed flight attempt, did they take it well? Did they try again? Laugh it off? Or give up? This will be limited impress me comp :)

username: milo.
name: Ruhe
gender for breeding purposes: female
Owned as of:

Rules:
1. Fill out the form provided.
2. No off site forms, if you are going to link your form, please place the link in as soon as you can, last minute linking will be considered a snipe form as you can link as soon as your thread is made and still continuously work on your form.
3. You may write up to 5 short stories, but you need at least two to qualify.
4. The short stories must be over 200 words but under 500 each. Cannot combine.
5. You have 6 extras, they may be more short stories, art, ext.
6. if you're doing simple animations one animation counts as 2 extras, if you are doing complex, one animation counts as 4 extras.
7. If you are doing comics or comic style art, each comic page counts as 3 pieces of art.
8. Happy holidays <3

Form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Short story: (You can have up to 5 short stories all must be under 500 words, and should not be combined.)
Extras: (You can have up to 6 extras, they can be 6 more short stories (no more than 500 words each), 6 pieces of art (if you're doing simple animations one animation counts as 2 extras, if you are doing complex, one animation counts as 4 extras. If you are doing comics or comic style art, each comic page counts as 3 pieces of art.)

Mutations:
Feathered paws - Event Roaming trait
Angel - Event Rare

End date:
1/15/18
Last edited by grifforik on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2170 - The Golden Snowflake

Postby Lioashu » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:10 am

Edit:// dropping due to plans changing, winner still may take the art I made!

Last edited by Lioashu on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooseygoo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:13 am

Username:
Swirlli

Name:
Azrael

Gender for breeding purposes:
Male

Short story: (You can have up to 5 short stories all must be under 500 words, and should not be combined.)

Extras: (You can have up to 6 extras, they can be 6 more short stories (no more than 500 words each), 6 pieces of art (if you're doing simple animations one animation counts as 2 extras, if you are doing complex, one animation counts as 4 extras. If you are doing comics or comic style art, each comic page counts as 3 pieces of art.)

possible res<<
x
xxxxxx 𓆩♡𓆪
xxxxxsup, i'm goose, your local
xxxxxgrunge punk/emo furry!

xxxnote: horribly mentally ill, please keep that
xxxxxxxxxxxxin mind when interacting.

xxxxImage
xxx Image
xxxchicoon hub wermz archive
xxxxxxxart stuff sig help
gooseygoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 am

username:
        milo.

name:
        Ruhe

gender for breeding purposes:
        female

short story:

i. breathe your life into me

The air is chilly, which in retrospect shouldn't be so odd considering the weather outside, but Ruhe is vaguely conscious of her surroundings -- minuscule thoughts and feelings that flash and swirl within her very being. The air inside this small house shouldn't be so cold. The yellow and orange flickers from the other room is indication of a fireplace. It shouldn't be so cold.

Ruhe comes to herself easier than expected. The world goes from blurry to clear as crystal, and a shiver runs along her spine at the state of her new home. Not only is the air cold, but the feeling of the old house itself is simply... freezing. The wallpaper is ripped and shredded, yellowed with age and neglect. The carpets are stained and all-too flat with dirt and grime. The decrepit state of this house... it causes Ruhe's first breath of her new life come to her in a heaved sigh. She has a lot of work ahead of her, it seemed.

It all comes to her rather naturally... she doesn't have to be told, face to face, that she was put here for a reason. She can feel Ugin's magic flowing within her very veins, and she feels her purpose like a shrouding aura. It's all she sees, all she feels. The pitter-patter of feet draws her attention away from the state of the messy house and instead on a small boy that runs through the small living area without purpose. He flops himself down on the floor before the dying Christmas tree, grabbing the only new looking thing in the house among some ripped up newspapers she assumed had been used for wrapping.

Ruhe feels an immense adoration for this boy, a nearly maternal instinct that makes her want to protect him and care for him. Clearly he was neglected, much like the home they shared now... the female only wished beyond everything that she could care for him properly. She stiffens completely when the boy gazes up at the tree, reaching with small hands to touch the ornaments with feather gently fingers. He takes particular interest in Ruhe, and her heart swells when he mumbles that she's beautiful. Precious. All his.

She hopes it'll stay that way.
          [ 374 w ]

ii. something wicked this way comes

"What ya got there, pal?"

Ruhe has learned to stay still during the daytime, body rigid and eyes glossy as she stares lifelessly out at the world that passed her by. The boy had been taking her everywhere for a couple years now, the string attached to her halo keeping her clipped securely to the boy's backpack. Children weren't concerned about the possibility of cracking or breaking fine porcelain-- especially ones that had never been told to be careful with anything. Despite not knowing, the boy had never been anything less than gentle and kind with Ruhe, and it made her feel safe. Even if she was vulnerable at all times.

"Isn't she beautiful?"

Ruhe chances a smile while the boys aren't looking, basking in the love and adoration of the child, even when he runs off to play with his friend and leaves his backpack in the grass. The girl has a lot of time to think - it's the only thing she does and the only thing she really can do in her condition. It wasn't as though she could come to life before his very eyes and assume things would be just fine. That wasn't how this cruel world worked. Weird and strange things were often ridiculed and worse. Ruhe wasn't particularly concerned for herself, but more for the boy.

What would happen to him, should something happen to her?

Peels of laughter has Ruhe releasing a gentle sigh of contentment. She loved hearing him play. She loved it more than anything when he was smiling, and laughing, and happy. A gruff voice, however, interrupts their reverie and the boy slinks back to grab for his backpack. He lifts it to his shoulder with a grumble, and his aura is entirely aggressive. Ruhe swings about haphazardly on her string, and grips with chipping claws to the fabric of the bag as they make their frustrated way back toward the dilapidated house.
          [ 323 w ]

iii. we'll run away together

Heavy rock music drowns out all noise in the house.

Ruhe is used to it now, watching her boy's tastes develop and change over the years. She sits tucked up on a bookshelf, next to dusty old books she's sure he hasn't touched in many years, but she's happy here. She's content merely sitting and watching her boy as he goes about his daily life. Ruhe knows that he hasn't forgotten about her-- his glances at the bookshelf and small smiles in her direction convinces her that this is true.

They had a connection, you see. And although she was no longer the center of his world, that didn't mean he wasn't still the very center of hers. Today is different. He's been irritated and pacing and gripping his fists at his sides. Ruhe isn't daft, of course she notices his behaviour... but in retrospect, she has seen and lived through the worst of his days.

She taps her paws along to the music, daring to bop her head along to the tunes as she remains blissfully ignorant of what's to come. It happens very quickly -- a shout from the adolescent rips her from her thoughts and she turns to keep concerned blues on him as he grabs random trinkets from his study desk and tosses them about. Books and papers begin flying, his blankets are ripped off the mattress and he makes his way toward the bookshelf with a fire in his eyes.

Ruhe gasps as he reaches for everything and anything to throw, pausing with wide eyes only when his fingers brush over the ceramic of the sentient ornament. He pulls Ruhe down with shaking hands, deep blues gazing down on her with adoration and all the aggression dissipates from him with a deep chested sigh.

"We're going to start over, Ruhe." he confirms, turning to place her gently on his bed before grabbing his old backpack that she knew so well and filling it with clothes and necessities. "We're going to run away, and we're going to start over."

Ruhe is both anxious and excited about the prospect.

Anywhere was better than here for her boy.
          [ 359 w ]

iv. don't you forget about me

"I've been watching over you your whole life, Alexander."

Ruhe is life size, for the first time in her life. She'll allow her boy to continue believing this was a dream, if that made this situation easier. Really, this was merely her last stop in his life. She had fulfilled her purpose, remaining the calm in her boy's life until he could find it for himself. The man, once her small boy, sits quietly on the floor of the nursery with a new baby cradled in his arms. Ruhe approaches slowly, hunching herself down so as not to appear intimidating with her size, but Alexander remains still with wide eyes and a confused smile painting his features.

"Since you were a small child, I have been watching over you."

"You must have seen some interesting things."

Ruhe can't stop the chuckle that escapes her, and she bops her head in a playful nod. She sits next to him quietly after a moment, merely craning her neck down to sniff and gaze lovingly at the child in his arms. Ruhe has seen him grow from a small, frightened child... to a grown man. A handsome, charming and happy young man with a family. Alexander leans against her bulky form after a moment, one arm holding his child close to his chest and the other lifting so he can run his hand through Ruhe's feathered fur and shimmering wings.

"I'm proud of you." she mumbles softly, turning her head and placing her nose in his hair in a mock kiss.

His choked whimper doesn't go unnoticed.

"It's true. And though I wish to stay and watch your family grow, I must leave you now."

"Why?" His panic makes her heart ache.

"You don't need me anymore, darling."

The man leans more heavily against her, allowing her to wrap her paws around his neck to pull him in for a hug. It's never easy, saying goodbye. But in this instance, Ruhe is happy to do so. She's proud of her boy -- her young man. Nothing could take away her pride and adoration of that boy that sat by the fire. That boy that took her everywhere and showed her off to anyone who would look and listen. The boy who could usually find happiness in anything he was doing, even through his hardships.

"I love you, my darling."

"Will I ever see you again?"

The Viscet hums softly, leaning back and away to tilt her head back and gaze up at the ceiling. She isn't positive, but she hopes she can at least keep tabs on him throughout the rest of his life. She turns gentle blues on him before finally standing and making her way toward the door. He makes another choked noise and the female glances over her shoulder.

"I named her Ruhe." he admits.

Her smile is answer enough.
          [ 479 w ]
Last edited by milo. on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Matreats » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:13 am

Username:
Name:

IVE NEVER MARKED SO HARD IN MY LIFE

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

I found the one I want to try for this year for sure :D
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:22 am

New trait!! Ahh ;o; Beautiful design<3
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:22 am

Username:
Name:

I may or may not have time for this but I certainly will try ^^"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave