Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Potion Creatures (WIP & Redrawing) by KathrynKat

Based on Click to view
Artist KathrynKat [gallery]
Time spent 9 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 24
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Potion Creatures (WIP & Redrawing)

Postby KathrynKat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

I just wanted to get this posted, I may try and get everything started, and just maybe do adoptions after I've fixed up the lines.
I still have things I really need to work on with this.

About Potion Kits wrote:W.I.P

New line art, this one is no longer the real adopts. Anything created here are fake except mouse. Official Adoption Center WIP, hours of work in progress. But do stalk it :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff wrote:Owner;
KathrynKat (WildHorse32)

Co-Owner;
NA - Not Looking

Artists;
KathrynKat (WildHorse32)
Ariana Black
Not Looking for anyone else at the time

Gust Artists;
NA - Not Looking Yet

Archive Organizer(s);
CatsKitten

Fan Club Organizer;
NA - Looking

Event Holders;
KathrynKat (WildHorse32)
Ariana Black

Breeders;
KathrynKat (WildHorse32)
Ariana Black
Breeding is not going to open right away!

Members wrote:Members are users who pay the 1 time membership fee.
Membership Advantage;
- NA & wip no Membership yet. Adoption Center still not open anyways.

Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 27 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby KathrynKat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Adoption Center Rules wrote: 1. Do not post on Adoption Center Page to often. May mark!
2. Please try and keep chat, questions, suggestions or whatever on the fan club please!
3. Multi-Posting on Adoption Center is only allowed by Staff! (CS & Potion Kit Staff)
4. Do not ask about Artist Slots, I'm going to release an event when ready for artist <3 ~Thank you!

Staff Rules wrote:

Breeding Rules wrote:

Event Rules wrote:
Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archive & Event Info

Postby KathrynKat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 pm

wip
Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Last edited by KathrynKat on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:52 am

Last edited by KathrynKat on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Next Plan

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 am

Next Plans
- Find someone who could organize Archive & Fan Club
- Get everything potion wise planned out
- Post the First Goddess/Mascot then make the base Potion Kit
- Base Potion Kit, will have a different shape and be the common/uncommon base shape
- Fix up a Point System
- Fix up a few rules
- Fix up a back story

Further Plans
- Once I've got things settled, Planned out, and figured out how I'll work this species then I'll open an artist comp
- May open Breeding sometime in the future but probably not until the adoption center has some fans first
- update rules
Last edited by KathrynKat on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Potion Kits Adoption Center [Not open yet]

Postby KathrynKat » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:54 pm

We have out Archive Organizer, now I really need somebody who could organize a neat Fan club but that isn't urgent at the time but later I'm hoping to find one.
If anybody has any ideas please go to the fan club which is posted in the first post.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:31 am

mark
Last edited by Catskitten on Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 pm

So far the sorts of stuff I've got on mind are

- Many events with special features, being a potion of another color, meaning, and can even be a dull/dark maybe even shiny or multiples of colors in one section. (heart/chest, head/face, tail, and back)

- The "Potion Kit" I at first started out very inspired by a cute short film I watched. I've for awhile thought of making a new species very unique. I did couple sketches after I watched another short film that inspired me. It was some small creature in a jar of liquid. The ideas came to mind over time as II came up with the species.
I also thought perhaps Fantasy/Majestic/mythic/Mysterious/Alien path. Things changed as I sketched and then started on here and this is what I have down.(copy pasted)

- The cover Kit is Mouse. Mouse has a unique shape, and I think golden in the area of the heart/chest will resemble Goddess/Mascot. Once I've got an idea on everything and what her official finishing will look like I'll post her, then make her a single tab on main for cover then create a whole different shape for basic. This is a species I'll welcome from common/uncommon having more basic shape. The more shape change or even their color having a matter in it's rank/rarity.
Around the heart/chest can have a unique shape in that area maybe even being on the shoulder blades, have it's own meaning in color which might be the effect in rank. I'd also like the Tail and the head potion to have a special effect the back maybe even if I can come up with enough... or it just be the one thing that can be any color and mean nothing... or hmm maybe even be a mixture of all the potions used in other areas :) (idea on the spot yay.)

- I may do some special events or adopts that start as a potion and you have to make the effort into growing it. Growth maybe have to do some art or stories for it. Now I've got another AMAZING IDEA RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!!
I think I'm going to do a membership related thing. I dream some day running a site to keep a species/adoption center very organized. So TO THE POINT, I'm probably going to create an art post that I'll add the names of those wanting to be a member of the community by creating a color in from that post, and they link that with their name when adopting.
Membership I may or may not do a tiny fee, but will have an advantage. I think for those who make a page from that post, will be able to adopt a potion, grow it, and get a semi custom coat. Just the potion I may do as random, or maybe I will allow that to be custom as well. This will depend on what I can come up with on how potions colors work and effect that Kit.

- THIS SPECIES WILL Have Ranks, Rarities, and meaning to their colors.
* Heart/Chest area
* Back
* Head/face
* Tail

All of these will have possibly different colors, maybe even all of them..
I may do just chest/heart and head/face having a meaning in color, while the other 2 can either be any or maybe even be a mix of the other colors. Maybe even swirls of the color and pattern but MUST look like liquid. So bubbles and swirling liquid. It can be cloudy and patchy cloudy. I may even allow some releases but with a higher rarity have more than 1 shade maybe for example the tail being a lighter blue fading to another shade being maybe brighter or darker. But.... Regular & first Gens must always have a brighter color, that follows the chart colors and shades. Dull and Dark colors will only be allowed during events.

- Breeding and Custom Orders will not open any time until everything is settled and organized perfectly.

- I want to do these species differently... I want to do coat designs but they must stay simple or at least most of the time simple. The Potion is apart of the matter of your Potion Kit. Coat color and design has no special rarity. It can be realistic or unrealistic!!!

- There will be a generation, and I think that's another reason I want to hold off breeding for now. Also because it will have an effect on potions and what happens to the baby/babies.
There is allot to consider on this project.

- Shapes... there will be unique shapes. The cover is Mouse, she/he will be a Goddess/Mascot. they're not complete yet. Once I've got a plan down for how potion colors have a matter, then I'll post her, make her a 1 layer, then make a whole new shape for potion. Shape being the outside and shape on the body. I've not got a plan for this yet. Who knows I might even try and do a few presets for very common-uncommon.

- Shapes vs Potion & it's Color | Rarity vs Rank;;
Shape will be more rarity based, while potion colors effect rank & rarity. Why? For example Golden/Yellow around the heart/chest area for the potion are Mascots/Goddess. I may even do something special for Legendary.
Mouse I may not even have as a high rarity. But is a Goddess/Mascot! Mouse is also incomplete until I know for sure how potions effect a Kit. I'd like both Shape & Potion color having meaning for rarity, then potion for rank. There will also be events. There will be basic for the event shapes, as well as certain colors/shades for potions. Remember shape matters over coat design. The coat ofc can still be event themed.

- Multiples of colors;
I'm not sure exactly yet how either multiples of colors or certain colors might be effective. Color is suppose to have meaning of rank and it's abilities and sense abilities. Maybe generations will be able to have say 2 colors or 3 colors in it's chest area. Say for example (no set rank names yet just example) Goddess x Guard [Goddess = Golden/Yellow | Guard = Blue] = Kit(s) chest being golden/yellow & blue maybe even some green forming, and it having it's very own meaning maybe. A Mixture of these 2 maybe create a leader of guards!
Maybe I'll even take things far with generations and it's effects. To get a Healer who can heal while in combat/at war, heal while the guards & warriors (if I use such a rank name?) while they are fighting. I'd say any generation being full heal (which would be shades of pink in the chest area) Other parent being maybe a Leader of Guards [Goddess x Guard] or Goddess with something this will be figured out. I don't role play, but this would make very fun stories, art, and role play for everyone. (pst this is why I want to build a team)

WOW!!!Okay that took awhile but I feel AMAZING after a brain storm and sharing the ideas as some were made on the spot as I type things out. So please do enjoy, give your feed back and opinions very highly appreciated rather I accept it as an idea and consider it or not. Please don't be upset if I do not take it into consideration.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KathrynKat » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:03 am

I've been making minor changes then keep going back to do touch ups and add ons and whatever.... so you'll see edits going up :P
- Eye...
- Mouth shape

edit;
- there is now such a thing as leg power..

[red -> Orange -> Yellow -> Green -> Teal -> Sky Blue -> Blue]
[_^_____^________^________^______^______^_______^_]
[Red] - Disabled
[Orange] - Weak
[Yellow] - Not that great
[Green] - Average
[Teal] - Fast on feet
[Sky Blue] - Very Quick & can jump high heights
[Blue] - "I wouldn't say I run at the speed of light, but if you like that's okay" & Legs are beyond powerful (Just a small example of my favorite mlp in the world)

edit;
- Added details for Ranks & Leg power in Lab
- Added Eyeball in tail for Goddess only
Last edited by KathrynKat on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
KathrynKat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me