Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Kalon #1225 - Non Owners!! by Unhealthy Obsessions

Based on Click to view
Artist Unhealthy Obsessions [gallery]
Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
63 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1225 - Non Owners!!

Postby Unhealthy Obsessions » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:46 am

This Kalon is for non owners only!

By non owners I strictly mean people with 0 Kalons! I want this kalon to be someones first!!!
This Kalon has two sides, and is asymmetrical !!!
look below for their other side !!

For this Kalon, draw/write about their occupation! For each section Word limit is 600, and Art limit is one piece. This means you can do two pieces of art and NO writing, 1200 words and NO art, OR 600 words and one art piece. Your choice!!!
Tell me about their occupation and how they feel about it, or even how they got their job!

This contest will end a month from now!!

Edits: [Standard] Shine edit, Hair Edit
SELECT ALL
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

────────────────────────
DA [/]My Site[/url] Jams sig
────────────────────────
Just average furry trash. She/Her
freelancer/GoodVibes only please♡

────────────────────────
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Unhealthy Obsessions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jaques Tiamo

Postby the fool. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:53 am

username ; .Infinity. | kalon name ; Jaques "Jaq" Tiamo | kalon gender ; trans male
occupation ;

xxxxxxxx
break a leg!
xxxxxxxxx
You could cut the suspense in the room with a knife.
Was the kalon okay ? Would she be forever be cut in half ? Could Jaq the Great manage to glue her back together with a simple hocus pocus ? The kalon kits were on the edge of their seats, leaning in so far that they were taking the risk of falling face first onto the cold auditorium floor - but they had to know !
With the click of Jaq's claws on the wooden stage floor, he wheels the two sliced halves of his assistant together, tapping the dark-colored box with his magic wand as the two halves meet in the middle of the brightly lit stage. He motions for the crowd to say his iconic catchphrase, et la mite vole, and as the puff of smoke arises from the machines cleverly hidden below the wood panels, and Jaq breathes a silent sigh of relief as his assistant crawls out of the box, expertly obscuring the second kalon lookalike in the latter half of the contraption. With the final bow of the night, Jaq and his assistant patter back behind the curtain, leaving behind their many adoring fans til the next showing.
Sitting down behind the curtain, he smiled to himself, having seen the glimmer in the kit's eyes, the tell-tale ear to ear smile, that he had a job well done.
It was worth more than money, to him at least. Seeing the kit's absolute amazement worn on their button faces did so much more than his paycheck has ever done for him. Being able to see himself in them, a small kit, just like them, makes the performances worth it to him. Being swarmed by the kits as he walked out the from doors, being asked every question under the moon about the tricks, how he did them, and the usual teen kits who were trying to spoil the tricks were shouting at him as he walked down the street away from the now empty auditorium.
Never could he have imagined that he would once be the one on stage, eliciting the same excitement from kits that the once great magician Alibaba did for him.

xxxxxxxxx
looking back
xxxxxxxxx
Jaq's parents were never happy with him. His grades were never up to par with their standards, his room always a smidge too messy, and his split fur wasn't something they were proud of - something that ruined their once perfect aesthetic. He never made it out of the house much, at least to their knowledge. In the little hours of the night, Jaq would weasel his way out of the window, hopping down onto the perfectly groomed lawn, and traveling down the perfectly kept roads to the inner city, bobbing and weaving through the crowds until he reached his final destination - the Greenfield Auditorium, tonight's act, Alibaba the Awesome's one-night magic act.
He sneaked past the ticket guards with ease, pretending to be friends with a separate group of young kals, and he was in - front row seats to the most influential kalon he's ever seen.
The tricks Alibaba could perform took his mind off of the ever-shrinking tightrope his parents were making him run, letting him go back to the small kit he was, with just the simplicity of the tricks filling his mind.
And at the final act, Ali threw his signature obsidian black stovepipe hat into the enamored crowd, and Jaq leapt - and caught it, breaking the invisible barrier for Jaq, and like a light had shone upon him - technically one did, so show the lucky owner of the now retired Alibaba - telling him what he should do, with or without anyone's approval.
And he did, Jaq learned from intently watching other magician's sleight of paw tricks, making mental notes of what he could see through the 2 am, under the blanket of night, writing down any and everything he saw as soon as he slipped back through the window, never arising suspicion from his parents. The very moment the degree hit his paw, Jaq was gone, never to be seen by his parents again. Not that they were much bothered by that fact, almost as if the long-lasting weight upon their chest had been forever lifted.
He ran, never looking back, and started from the bottom.

xxxxxxxx
up the ladder
xxxxxxxxx
From the money he had saved from the job his parents had imposed on him, he had enough for a simple deck of cards and a few other nonsense tricks he could pull to grab a passerby's attention for a few seconds, long enough to pull out a more intricate stunt to catch them under his net, just good enough for them to sprinkle a few unnecessary dollar bills into his one possession he kept - Alibaba's old stovepipe hat, the object that has taken Jaq by the paw and led him down this path, one that Jaq will follow without turning back, the once small flicker behind his kit eyes now fully blaze in his heart, a determination that is foreign, yet not unwelcome to him.
And he worked.
Oh man, did he work.
His internal clock soon learned of the new sleeping habits Jaq would face, working from the bottom. Working from the little hours of the night until the last kal padded down the town square took a toll on poor Jaq, but was determined. Oh, man, was he ever determined.
Soon, the fruits of his labor showed. Landing his first job as a backstage helper for a no-name magician was a miracle Jaq wasn't about to waste. He worked day and night to leave a lasting impression on the magician, and she still wore the same high, sleeked back, black ponytail as she went onstage with him as his "assistant" she preferred to be called the side magician, but no matter the name, she still worked by his side, even as he gained more fame than she did.
And together they climbed the ladder, up and up they went, starting out placing in small shows around the town, reigning in small crowds of youngsters and their less-than-happy parents, but Jaq still played the same tricks, luring both young and old into the slight of paw tricks that once fascinated him as a young kit. As Jaq's name became more and more familiar, the duo were given the chance to move around the continent, performing a mix of classics and new tricks to wow whatever crowd they were standing in front of that night, but he always came back to the Greenfield Auditorium, dragging along his assistant with him - she could leave if she liked, having gained enough fame herself to start her own show, but something about Jaq kept her with him, and she deemed that same spark kept his fans along for the ride too.
Years past, he bought the Greenfield Auditorium, giving it a more fitting name, Ali Auditorium, after the kal who ignited that spark within Jaq, and after partnering with his assistant, he found that she, too, went to the same retirement performance, and that she jumped for the same stovepipe hat he did.
[1,198 / 1,200]
Last edited by the fool. on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
the fool.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1225 - Non Owners!!

Postby Simonpet » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:54 am

Name

Sex
Female

Occupation
(0/600)

Art
(0/1)
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tsukasa. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:59 am

mark!
┌───────────────┐

have you heard?
hihi!! i'm tsukasa, seesaw, whatever
you wanna call me! i like anime,
musicals, and vocaloid songs!! ♥♥

└───────────────┘

┌───────┐

danganfandom
disc:not a isogai
kinnie #3166
bop | ©

└───────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
tsukasa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rum » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:00 am

oo mark
rum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am

Mork
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BuddyMaltese » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:10 am

mark <3
x
x

| Graphic Design Student | Adult | Vegan |
| Certified oatmeal connoisseur |
Listening to: [x]
---
Hello! I've been taking a break from CS.
If you'd like to contact me, though, feel
free to PM me as I check in
every few days.

BuddyMaltese

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby augestines » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

marking to watch

› Female
› Adult
Kalon Storage
augestines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Liliette » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 am

mark mark mark
Liliette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby porygon-z » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:33 am

Pretty bab!
EE I really want this one!

Name: Leah
Art: help me.
Story:
PART 1
Leah has been fascinated by the mystical creatures of the unknown, even as a young kal.
Dragons, Gryphons, Unicorns and the Pegasus. She loved them all.
To study Mythology was her dream job all through school and finally at age 17 , She found a space in a small mythology buisness. There they focused on finding the species, discovering if they were really out there or not. She studied the magestic flying horse, a pegasus.
Pegasi were her favourite. Dying to know where they where hidden away, she searched through history records, photos and sighting articles. It was tiring but worth it. She loved her job.
Even at home Leah studied and studied. She wanted to see one so bad! On a holiday, she spent her time recording and searching every footprint, mark in tree, flying creature, horse and evidence she saw!

After a year of constant study, Leah took a break. She left her history alone for one week and rested. That was when she was called in as a result of a sighting. She was so excited! But was it real of fake?

PART 2

She rushed home, grabbed her books, camera and records and sped up to the headquarters.
As Leah arrived, they were zooming in on a blurry image of what was said to be a Pegasus.
Last edited by porygon-z on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
porygon-z

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me