Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Palculi Adopts by huddson

Based on Click to view
Artist huddson [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Palculi Adopts

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:26 am

FanclubSuggestionsCustoms and MYOsGrowths
Staff SearchArchiveNursery
➸ Welcome to Palculi Adopts, please take a look around and see if any of our Palculi up for adopt interest you!

➸ Rarities
➸ Standard: Short chest fluff, long tail, round pupils, floor length cloak, cross shoulder bag, hair
➸ Common: Long chest fluff, same shoulder bag, heterochromia, ear edits, ankle length cloak, medium length tail
➸ Uncommon: Tongue edits, claws, tail spikes, bob tails, slit pupils, star pupils, lunchbox bag, toxic paw pads (leaves a glow wherever it was), short tail, fluffy tail
➸ Rare: Extra short cloak, heart pupils, no pupils, no tail, no hair, coloured scleras, horns, no chest fluff, duffel bags, mini pocket dimension bag, birdcage bag, feathers anywhere, scales anywhere, multiple tails, retractable claws, body spikes, halo, flightless wings, custom cloak, custom bag
➸ Legendary: Wings capable of flight, magical abilities/powers, extra limbs apart from tails, extra eyes, gills, transparency, glowing, no cloak, no bag

Please PM Stargazing for rarity clarification on unlisted edits!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 11:05 am, edited 21 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Rules

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 am

General wrote:➸ Palculi are a closed species, which means you may not make your own without permission!
➸ You may trade Palculi for other Palculi, but ask permission if selling them for any sort of currency!
➸ Please do not change the species of your Palculi
➸ Palculi may be your fursona!
➸ Please don't edit the lines unless you're changing the expression
➸ You may add, remove or edit accessories unless specified
➸ Feel free to draw your own reference for your Palculi as long as you keep the original
➸ There is currently no own limit!
➸ You may trade or gift your Palculi regardless of how long you've had them, just notify the archivist!
➸ You can roleplay Palculi
➸ Please don't bully or beg
➸ Please do not steal another user's Palculi
➸ Message me if you have any questions or concerns!

Staff Rules wrote:➸ Upon hire, regardless of position, you will receive one custom/MYO with one rare edit and unlimited uncommon and common edits
➸ After one month, you can receive another custom/MYO of same rarities
➸ Three months in, you can get a custom/MYO with two rare edits and unlimited under, though you have to have been active enough
➸ Please try to be active, especially if you are an artist
➸ Artists, please try to make at least one adopt a month
➸ Please do not let the species die!
➸ Do not abuse your staff position
➸ If you have been working well you may receive an unlimited rare custom/MYO! You can be nominated by another staff member or another user, but please do not ask for nominations
➸ Guests artists may make five adopts over any period of time, and will receive a custom/MYO with unlimited uncommon and under edits upon release of their last adopt
➸ You may gift your custom/MYO slots
➸ No DA or auction adopts please!
➸ If you're going to be away for a while, please message me
➸ Please give each adopt an archive name as well as a number! Check the archive if you don't know what that means

Mates and Breeding wrote:➸ Palculi may be any orientation
➸ Palculi may be mates with and breed with any gender
➸ If you want your Palculi to have a mate outside of the species, please message me!
➸ There are no limits to times bred or times mate has changed!
➸ You may not breed your Palculi with their family
➸ There may be up to three Palculi in a single breeding
➸ There is a week cooldown for each user after breeding
➸ You may only breed adult Palculi
➸ Baby Palculi can be aged after a week!
➸ Maximum three babies in a litter
➸ The artist chooses the cloak and bag type, while the owner chooses the design

➸ More on the nursery thread

Runner Ups wrote:➸ If the artist feels you were worthy of winning but you still didn't, they may choose to give you a runner-up, or RU. In this case, they will ask you to PM them on whether you accept it or not, and they might possibly have a question needing to be answered as well. You may not receive an RU in the same competition you win an HM.

Honourable Mention System wrote:➸ Sometimes you may make a good form, but it won't win. In this case an artist may choose to give you an honourable mention, or HM. You can trade these HMs for MYOs or customs! Once you've used an HM, you can't use it again. You may not receive multiple HMs in the same competition or an HM at the same time as an RU.
➸ 5 HMs gets you a Palculi with unlimited common edits
➸ 10 HMs gets you a Palculi with one uncommon edit and unlimited common edits
➸ 15 HMs gets you a Palculi with three uncommon edits and unlimited common edits
➸ 20 HMs gets you a Palculi with one rare edit and unlimited uncommon and common edits
➸ 25 HMs gets you a Palculi with three rare edits and unlimited uncommon and common edits
➸ In the event anybody gets 100 HMs, then you may receive a Palculi with unlimited edits from all tiers
➸ You must cover your HM custom/MYO until a staff member approves it, unless the custom was made by a staff member. All staff members may make HM customs.

Strikes and Bans wrote:➸ Whenever you break a rule, you get a strike. If you get three strikes, you are banned from Palculi Adopts. If you are banned you keep your Palculi, but you may not breed, grow, trade/sell, adopt more or make customs/MYOs.

➸ Strikes
None!

➸Bans
None!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 11:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Information

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:28 am

Main Species
➸ Palculi are furry humanoid creatures, about 4 to 5 feet. They are omnivores with no gender differences, quite recently discovered. They seem to be sentient and capable of thinking intelligent thoughts such as a human would, or even more so, with their average IQ being at 120. While they have human lifespans, they reach maturity at 8 years, and leave home two years later. They are always found with a bag and a cloak of sorts, and though we are unsure why, we are still researching into this. They are very social creatures, good at building and with a fully functioning society, and they tend to be hoarders. They live on the island Nueva, named quite literally 'new' in Spanish as it is located east of Argentina, though the climate varies incredibly. They mostly live in their city Laodreigh though they are migrating to places all over the world.

➸ Fun Facts
➸ They have a good sense of time
➸ They use silver coins as currency on their island
➸ They are very close to their families
➸ They have very silky fur that is hypoallergenic
➸ They can't taste bitter things
➸ They see all the same colours as humans
➸ They are very adventurous

Soulmate Sub-Species
➸ Palculi have several variations, one of them being the Soulmate Sub-Species. Soulmate Palculi are based on the idea of finding their partner or partners for life, whether romantic or platonic. They are born with a heart necklace that is originally bronze. If they have two soulmates, it turns silver once they have found one soulmate, and gold once they have found both or if they only have one, it turns gold once they have found that single partner. The necklace will break if their soulmate{s} die. They are a bit shorter than the main variation, though they are much softer. They are only found in the months of January, February and March. Their city is called Astrayester.

➸ Fun Facts
➸ They tend to have a lot of accessories and they care about their appearances
➸ They will never change their mate. They may only be mates with other Soulmate Palculi but find it okay to breed with Palculi of other variations
➸ They never remove their heart necklace
➸ They love gifts
➸ They are oddly allergic to apples, with symptoms varying from Palculi to Palculi

Cage Sub-Species
➸ Palculi have several variations, one of them being the Cage Sub-Species. Cage Palculi are born with body parts forming a cage in place of say, an arm. They all have a hollow in anywhere on their chest with cage bars covering it, and one other limb that is formed with metal bars. They have shorter and less silky fur than the Main variation, and they tend to be just a little taller as well. They live in their own city called Avrus, and mate with any variation but Soulmate. They are only found in May, June, July and August.

➸ Fun Facts
➸ They are rather antisocial
➸ They are more intelligent than other variations with an average IQ of 122
➸ They prefer a herbivore diet, though they are capable of eating anything
➸ They tend to be pacifists
➸ They do not need to oil or repair their cage limbs, though they may polish them from time to time

Winter Sub-Species
➸ Palculi have several variations, one of them being the Winter Sub-Species. Winter Palculi are found in their city Evher, which is located at the northern area of the island. They are much, much shorter than the other variations, being 3 to 4 feet on average. They tend to be chubbier with more fur and shorter tails. They are quite creative and while isolated from the others, they are very cuddly and friendly. They mate for life, and are found in November, December and January.

➸ Fun Facts
➸ They have the softest fur
➸ They have an average IQ of 108
➸ They adventure a little less than the other variations and prefer to stay close to home
➸ They aren't bothered by the cold, though wouldn't care for a vacation in Florida
➸ They tend to be quite optimistic
Last edited by huddson on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:18 am, edited 10 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ FAQ

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:28 am

➸Who made the lines?

➸The base lines were sketched by Natsunii534, while the cloaks, bags and hair were drawn by wolves16! However, I drew the welcome sign.

➸Who made the items?

➸I've drawn all the items, main and nursery, using the pixel brushes. Please don't use them for your own purposes!

➸Why did you decide on the name Palculi?

➸Honestly, I can't quite remember. I think it's a combination of the Latin words for 'cloak' and 'bag', though.

➸How did you come up with the city names?

➸I've got no clue.

➸Do my Palculi have to live in their city?

➸Of course not, they can live in another city, another country or even another world! The home of your Palculi is completely up to you, and the cities are only there to provide another option!

➸Do you actually know how to run a species?

➸... No. I'm just trying different things right now I guess.

➸If you have a question you want to be included here, please message me!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 9 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Staff

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:29 am

ImageStargazing|Founder/Artist/Mod/Archivist
Hey there, my name is Star and I am the founder of Palculi Adopts! I really don't know how to run a species whoops. Feel free to PM me about anything, even if it's about say, Skyrim rather than Palculi. In fact, please do PM me about Skyrim.

Imagetoadkind|Artist
hey, im toad, but you can call me oz!! i like spooky things and i draw a lot in my free time! my pm box is always open if you need anything

ImageWobbuffet|Mod/Artist
Hi! I'm Wobbuffet! If you ever need any help or have any questions, send me a PM. I never bite and would love to help you! (:
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am, edited 14 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Stamps and Affiliates

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:29 am

➸ We currently have no stamps! If you wish to or have made a stamp for Palculi Adopts, please message me!

➸ We currently have no affiliates! If you wish to be our affiliate, please message me with a link to your adoption center and maybe a stamp! We accept requests to be affiliates with forum giveaways and adoption centers as well!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Items

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 am

➸ Here is where you can buy items to edit your Palculi! The breeding-specific ones are found in the nursery, not this post.

There are currently no items, but wait a while and hopefully there will be!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Palculi Adopts ~ Events

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 am

We've currently got a Mascot Contest up!
This contest has no set end date yet, and an end date will be chosen once we have at least two entries!
Head on over and check it out!
Last edited by huddson on Mon May 29, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Palculi Adopts {WIP}

Postby NURSENURSE » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:34 am

will there be MYOs?
Bunny, They/Them
ImageImage
Im not that active on here anymore, to keep up with my art and stuff visit me on Deviantart, im NURSENURSE
NURSENURSE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Palculi Adopts {WIP}

Postby huddson » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:37 am

toshie wrote:will there be MYOs?

most likely! I'll probably have the rules about that on the rules post