Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[ Sharkerrets ] [ Moved to dA] by Todd.

Based on Click to view
Artist Todd. [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 25 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Todd.

by Todd.

by Todd.

[ Sharkerrets ] [ Moved to dA]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Brief Insight wrote:
Sharkerrets are cat-sized marsupials that highly resemble a ferret in shape.
With fluffy coats and an oddly shaped head, those small creatures earned their names from their strong bite, and by the fin shaped tuft on their back, that sticks up or lay flattened depending on their humor.

Rules:
General Rules:
- CS Site Rules apply and must be followed.
- Respect is mandatory between the species workers, the adopters and among each other.
- Inflicting guilty on someone will get you a warning, so don’t.
--- It fits in ‘guilty-ing’ someone whining about wanting to have won certain adopt and complaining about how much you wanted them.
- Do not beg to become a part of the staff. We’ll open up working positions when we need them.
- If any conflicts occur, do bring this to the staff attention so we can deal with it.

Species Rules:
- Do not transfer your Sharkerret to another species without the designer’s approval.
- As of now you can own up to 6 Sharkerrets.
- Do not steal, or claim, the species as your own.
- Do not edit the original design of your sharkerret in anyway.
--- Scars and small tufts are okay to add, but must be approved by me or an artist first.
--- You’re allowed to make a custom expression for your Sharkie and there is no need to get it approved.
- You’re free to add items to your Sharkie reference.
- Baby Sharkies must have been owned for at least one month before they can be aged into the adult lines, however this rule is subject to change once the nursery opens, in order to control the number of breedings going on at once.
- Sharkies are very social beings, that said they do not mate for life. They can engage in polyamorous relationships too, however inbreeding (breeding among family members) is prohibited, that said brothers or cousins can’t mate.
- If you no longer wish to keep your Sharkerret you may place it back for adoption or gift it to someone.
--- Only bought Sharkies can be sold.
- We reserve the right to take back Sharkerrets from banned members and re-adopt them.

Staff Rules:
- Artists please keep an impartial judging for adopts, everyone must have equal chances to be judged, that said please try to not favor your friends.
- As part of the Staff you’re allowed two custom rare Sharkies and one Super Rare as of now and extra two slots. So you can have 8 Sharkies.
--- You can trade your two custom rare slots for another Super Rare.
- Try to keep active.
- Do try to keep me updated if you ever need to be absent sometime.
- The cash artists get by selling designs is entirely theirs.
- Please try to not overwhelm yourself with contests. So try and judge one before you launch another. Or keep their end dates further apart.
- Moderators, treat the community calmly and respectfully. If there are any problems do come to me.

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3397615][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/5e6e/f/2016/149/3/e/sharkerrets_stamp_by_night_pandora-da4974g.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3397615][img]http://orig11.deviantart.net/233e/f/2016/149/c/c/sharkerrets_stamp_pink_by_night_pandora-da4974w.png[/img][/url]

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3397615][img]http://orig00.deviantart.net/e4bf/f/2016/149/a/0/sharkerrets_stamp_blue_by_night_pandora-da49722.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Todd. on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ About The Species ]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Anatomy: Their anatomy is very similar to a ferrets, though with a sharper teeth that show even when their mouths are closed. Those little animals also seem to have very good eyesight plus a protective membrane to cover their eyes while swimming and their ears usually are able to flatten tightly against their heads, preventing water from entering their ears. With a set of very sharp teeth pointed backwards, those guys are also perfect fishers and so those consist most of their diets. Sharkerrets also have a fin shaped tuft on their backs that is used for communication purposes along with their tail and, with that said, we can say those creatures are very expressive and have a wide range of emotions they’re able to show with body motion. Sharkies can present some mutations, however they’ll never grow wings.

Size: Sharkerrets are pretty small marsupials, being usually the size of normal house cats, though there are records of big Sharkies that can reach the size of a Maine Coon.

Fur: All Sharkerrets, have long fur that is very fluffy and silky to the touch, which can have up to four colours (though never neon colours) on them. Their coats are also divided into three layers, a very thick and warm fur against the skin, to assure the creature is warm, a second layer that is impermeable to keep water away from the skin and a thick and usually long third layer that is the one that we see. This last layer is pretty to the eyes and strong, though soft to the touch. It is this third layer that has a longer tuft in their backs, having this small agglomeration of fur born in a fin shape that can move according to the Sharkie state of spirit. It's also used during mating seasons during their incredibly adorable 'dating dance' that basically consists on fluffing up their fur all they can and pouncing in circles like drunk skunks.

Ears and Tails: Sharkies seem to present a few different sets of ears and tails, which usually are related to the place those animals inhabit or their lineage. For example, the normal set of tail and ears highly resemble those of an otter and are usually related to Sharkies that live by rivers with strong water flows, while Spaniel sharkies are more often related to swamps and Fantasy sharkies to snowy and colder regions. There are also other varieties of tail and ears which will be customs.

Eyes: As mentioned before, Sharkies have a pretty great eyesight and an interesting fact about it is that like cats, their eyes reflect any light intensely, especially during night.

Mating: Sharkerrets give birth to a very small baby that fully depend on their parent's care to survive, though studies assure that orphans can be easily raised inside a 'fake pouch', made with a Christmas sock, loads of fluffy textiles, a warm lamp and a feeding bottle for kittens or by another Shakie. The Sharkerret is ready to be out of the pouch within a week, now with their pelts fully formed (though extra fluffy) and a very strong sense of curiosity.

Rarity Levels:
Sharkerrets have rarity levels according to their traits. They can show one of the traits or a mix of them, for example we can have a Super Rare Sharkerret that is missing a leg, have a second tail, has heterochromia and a small tuft. A Sharkie’s rarity level will always be based off of the greatest edit they have.
- Super Common: Have no edits at all and stick to one tail and ear Set. Can have a small tuft on their head.
- Common Sharkies: Have no edits on them though can have small tufts on their heads. Can have a mixed ear+tail set. Like a Normal Set tail with Fantasy Set ear.
- Uncommon: Have Heterochromia, small hair or minor fur edits, like a little extra fluff or just have one showing tooth, lack of fin.
- Rare: Have any sort of major custom lineart like short fur, custom ears and tails and full actual hair.
- Super Rare: Missing limbs, extra limbs.
Last edited by Todd. on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Staff ]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm

Owner and Ghost Artist:
Todd.

Ghost Artist... and the person who actually has the brains here xP:
Dep
Last edited by Todd. on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ What are we Searching For? ]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:53 pm

This post will be updated to show the positions we currently have open and the specifications for each.

Artists:
Those are the people who make and judge the adoptables. This spot is currently OPEN for three fulltime artists and some Guest Artists. As a fulltime artist, you will be required to post at least one design per week, as a Guest Artist you’re required to make three designs. If you’re interested just fill in the form below and post it in this thread. I’ll PM those I see fitting for the job.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Have Past Experience as Artist or Guest Artist?:[/b]
[b]Design Examples:[/b]

Archivist:
This will be the person in charge of keeping track of the Sharkies made, their names and their current owners. This spot is currently CLOSED.

Moderator:
This people are in charge of keeping the order, as well as answering questions and helping the community when I’m not online. This spot is currently CLOSED.
Last edited by Todd. on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Save ]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Something will come here.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Sharkerrets ] [ Open ]

Postby Todd. » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 pm

You're all free to post and mark this page now! Also, artist applications are OPEN!
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:24 pm

mark ♡
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:49 pm

mark!
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Marking Todd <3
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
taken ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist