Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

: VISCETS : Hatchery {Closed & Moved} by Mint Chip

Based on Click to view
Artist Mint Chip [gallery]
Time spent 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
65 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

: VISCETS : Hatchery {Closed & Moved}

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:38 am

CLICK HERE
to view the Queue and cooldowns.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:33 am, edited 10 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

: VISCETS : Hatchery | Basic Information

Postby magpiemochi. » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:52 am

[The Hatchery]
aka: The Orphan Adoption Center
Here, orphaned eggs are gathered by kind rescuers; perhaps their parents are not known, or perhaps their anonymous caretakers are no longer able to care for them. However it is, these orphaned babs are eager to find a new home.

How does it work?
It works similarly to regular breedings. Scroll down to the Submissions section to find a form for adopting. Rather than selecting 2 parents to breed, you select a parent or 2 to adopt and 1 egg you wish you adopt. Any genders and pairings can adopt an egg palette. Eggs will be removed from the list available as they're claimed and a new one will be cycled in to replace it.

[Eggs UFA]
(Re-opening TBA)

[Basic Information]
      ✦The Hatchery & The Nursery will open on alternating months.
      ..........................e.g: Nursery (Jan), Hatchery (Feb), Nursery (Mar), etc...
      Please be sure to read the full Rules section before submitting a batch adoption request.
      ✦Any viscet pair (or single viscets even) can apply for an adoption however there are some rules to this.
      Infertile / pairings than cannot breed naturally together get the first pick on eggs (Days 1-3).
        Schedule for Hatchery Submission Adoptions:
          Day ..1st - 3rd: Only biologically infertile / same-sex pairings
          Day 4th - 15th: Any pairings or single viscets
          (if you have not posted twice on the hatchery that month)
      ✦To adopt an abandoned egg, fill out the form here and pick your egg from the currently available ones.
      ✦Only adult viscets owned 30 days or more can apply for adoptions.
      ✦Your viscet(s) and the egg must share at least one similar color to be accepted.
      ✦Only one single parent adoption allowed per hatchery opening.
      ✦Make sure the egg hasn't already been adopted before you! I can't always update the egg queue immediately, so just check the last several posts before posting.
      ✦ If you can't get the image URL for your form, just click the image--it'll take you to it!
      ✦ Check the queue regularly to ensure there is nothing that needs to be adjusted in your batch.
        We update the queue every day to every couple of days. If there is something wrong with your batch submission it will be listed beside it in the queue's pending list. I am not obligated to hold your egg in the meantime, so be sure that your batch submission form follows all rules so this isn't an issue. Thank you.
      ✦ Keep in mind that the 2 posts per user ID applies to the Hatchery as well.
      ✦Batch claims count per month not per location.
      ✦ You must post a completed form to adopt. You cannot "claim" eggs before filling out a form.
      ✦The egg palettes will be recycled after an allotted amount of time. So keep in mind that each egg is not a one time use, and others in the future may also claim the same egg palette.
      ✦Once an egg has been claimed in a submission, the egg cannot be changed from that submission *unless it doesn't share any similar colors with its parent(s).
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:15 am, edited 229 times in total.
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

: VISCETS : Hatchery | Staff

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:08 pm

[Hatchery Staff]

[Hatchery Artist Rules]
      ✦ Check if user has or hasn't claimed a batch that month.
      ✦ Ensure they've paid before updating claim info.
      ✦ Batches must include in their description:
      • Labelled links to: Parents, Grandparents & Offspring
      • Mark whether they'd paid yet. Update when paid.
      • Owner, Name, & Gender, just as in regular adoptions & date claim begins
        note that the 30 day ownership cooldown for breeding does not begin on the batch until the viscet has grown to adult and claimed.
      • Mutations that the offspring has.
      • Penn diagrams rolled for but the offspring did not roll positive for.
      ✦ Hatchery artists are required to perform penn diagram rolls fairly and to apply growths on time.
      ✦ Always check the Compatibility and Incompatibility of traits found here.
      ✦ Hatchery artists are not permitted to create personal hatchery batches.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

: VISCETS : Hatchery | Submission

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:23 pm

[Forms for Egg Adoption]
both parents owned by you:
Code: Select all
[url=]Adoptive Parent 1*[/url]
+
[url=]Adoptive Parent 2*[/url]

Egg you'd like to adopt: [img]IMAGE URL[/img]

Growth to Adult: *Yes or No
Offspring:
Other: *potions

one parent owned by you:
[url=]Yours*[/url]
+
[url=]Second Parent*[/url]
[url=]Second Parent's Owner*[/url]

Proof of Permission*:

Growth to Adult: Yes or No
Offspring:

with only one parent:
[url=]Adoptive Parent*[/url]

Growth to Adult: *Yes or No
Offspring:

[ Submission Rules ]

✦Link to the parent(s) original thread adopted or posted on.
    ✦The egg and parent(s) involved in your form must share at least one similar color.
    ✦Once an egg has been claimed in a submission, the egg cannot be changed from that submission*
    unless it doesn't share at least one similar color with its parent(s).
    ✦You must own at least one adult viscet for 30 days or more to submit an egg adoption.
    ✦Single parents can adopt only 1 egg per hatchery opening.
    ✦Each hatchery opening, Days 1-3 only same biological gender pairings can post for an adoption. Days 4-15 any pairings and single parents can post for an adoption.
    ✦Other may contain things like potions or any comment you'd like to add.
    ✦Properly label any and all potions you would like to purchase.
    (example: penn diagram x3 - minor mane mutation)
    ✦Check that neither parent is related.
    ✦Answer Yes or No to Growth to Adult. Growth to adult is free.
    ✦You must send payment for all potions used in the submission to the Artist who completes your batch.
    ✦You cannot claim the batch until payment has been made and accepted by the artist.
    ✦A singular user can only participate in up to 2 batch submissions per month.
    ✦When breeding with another user's viscet, ensure they haven't already participated in 2 batch submissions that month.
    ✦A user can only claim 1 batch per calendar month.*
      *if a batch is posted in the next month after when the batch submission post was made then it first counts for the month it was originally posted in. unless you have already claimed a batch in that month.
    Make sure the egg hasn't already been adopted before you!
    ✦Adoptions can only be done by "parents", they cannot be adopting as siblings, visclings, etc.
    ✦Adopted eggs will be considered related to the adoptive viscet parent(s), cannot be bred with any of it's adoptive relative(s) as that is considered an incest pairing.

Disclaimer: Failure to follow any of the above rules will result in your submission either being placed on the pending list for adjustment or declined depending upon the rule that was neglected. Staff isn't required to pm you to notify you that your submission needs adjustment, at times we may but it is your responsibility to ensure your batch submission gets accepted and added to our list or queue. If there are a few repeat offenses for the same rule break then you may be temporarily banned from the hatchery. We reserve the right to decline any submission at any time, we also are not required to give an explanation via pm. Your submission would be placed on the declined list with short hand reason listed beside it.

Remember this is a primarily free service provided by our volunteer staff. So please be respectful and patient with us when posting a batch submission.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 am, edited 12 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

: VISCETS : Hatchery | Rules

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:03 pm

[Rules]
      ✦General species rules apply.
      ✦Pairs can be any gender when adopting an egg.
      ✦Single viscets can also adopt but only once per opening.
      ✦Must own at least one adult viscet for at least 30 days to use the hatchery.
      ✦Co-owned batches permitted but will count for both users batch claim per that month.
    [Adoption Submissions]
      ✦A user take part in a max of 2 submissions per opening, regardless of who posts.
      ✦The Hatchery will only be open for submissions from Day 1 to Day 15 of every other month.
      ✦Hatchery opening and closing times are not based on timezone. They are signified by an official comment by Staff.
      All posts on the Hatchery MUST BE Submissions (staff announcements excepted).
      ✦Cancelling a Hatchery submission WILL NOT free up another Submission for the month.
      ✦Once an egg has been claimed in a submission, the egg cannot be changed from that submission *unless it doesn't match any colors on its parent(s).
      ✦Once a nursery submission has been picked up by an artist you no longer have the option to cancel the breeding. **exceptions are only if the batch has not been started and the user has expressed a reasonable explanation for wanting a cancellation or if the batch submission is over 40+ days old.

Important Note: Understand that if you agree to post a submission with another user's viscet and do not keep the batch that you cannot control, dictate or otherwise determine what that individual does with that viscet. You cannot require or restrict any viscet in any way if you do not own or co-own the viscet.
    [Claiming Batches & Gifted batches]
      ✦Date of batch ownership begins only after it has been grown to adult and officially claimed with name, gender, and payment (when applicable).
      ✦ In order to claim ownership of a batch you must do all of the following for a valid claim.
      • Send payment for all potions requested in the submission to the artist
      • Check that you have not claimed a batch already for that month
      • Comment on the batch stating you will be "claiming the batch"
      • Include name & biological gender of the viscet in your claim comment
      Note: Failure to do all of these may result in the batch being withheld, put ufa or in some cases will have a penalty added to your next batch submissions. So please be sure to do all of the above when claiming your batch.

✦You must claim a batch within 30 days of being posted. If not claimed within 30 days (with ownership, name, gender, and payment) then the viscet will be put ufa by the staff.
      You can only claim a singular batch (bred for or hatchery egg) per month.
      ✦The 30 day rule also applies to batches that are gifted to a user.
    [Regarding Orphaned Eggs]
      ✦Adopted batches may look up to 50% like one of the adoptive parents. For single parent adoptions batches may look up to 25%.
      ✦The eggs design is almost completely up to the artists. Some of these eggs may resemble one of their adoptive parents but it may not resemble either at all.
      ✦The egg selected for your adoption must share at least one similar color with one or both of the parents involved.
        e.g.: if the egg has red, yellow and grey on it, then at least one of those generalized colors needs to be present on at least one of the parents. if none of those colors are present the submission will be denied.
    [Regarding Potions, Items & Mutations]
      ✦You can order up to 5 potions per breeding submission.
      ✦Mutations of the adoptive parent(s) will have no effect the egg / cannot be directly passed down or inherited.
      ✦When purchasing mane mutations via penn diagram you cannot link or request specific hairstyles. You can request vague styles like long, or wavy, but keep it short and simple.
      ✦Penn diagrams for ear variations can only request existing mammal ears.
      ✦Penn diagrams for specific shapes of horns must reflect only real animal's horns. You can leave it up to artists' choice for other variants but you cannot request non-realistic shapes, consistencies or otherwise.
    [Other Posts/Contacting Staff]
      ✦Unless you have made changes to your form that would require you to contact an artist, please do not contact the artist if it has been under 30 days in their list. If you have any other issues or concerns contact Mint Chip or Strudel.
      ✦Refrain from posting anything that is not a hatchery submission; questions, comments or concerns can be directed to Mint Chip or Strudel via pm.
      ✦If you have a suggestion for the Hatchery, post it on the Suggestions Thread.
      ✦Only contact artists or hatchery head about a batch if you own a parent in that submission.

[Time Limits]
      ✦A Viscet adult must be owned 30 days before adopting.
      ✦A Viscet cannot transfer ownership for 30 days after adopting.

[Growth Timings]
    all adopted eggs will begin at juvenile growth stage unless grown directly to adult.
      ✦ Viscling: 7 Days
      ✦ Adult: Forever
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: : VISCETS : Hatchery | Genes & Mutations

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:45 pm

[Mutations]
      Any mutation that a Viscet has has a specific likeliness to be passed down to any offspring. Orphaned eggs do not carry this same likeliness, unless penn diagrams are ordered or it rolls lucky for a chanced trait, it won't have any traits. Mutations from the adoptive parents have no play on the child's chances of receiving traits.
      Go here to help identify a mutation's rarity.
      ImageImageImage

Common Traits
      "Filler" Percentage

ImageImageImage

Uncommon Traits
      25% Chance

ImageImageImage

Rare Traits
      7% Chance

[Info]
      [How will the adopted eggs look?]
        The viscets born from the eggs adopted have a possibility of resembling one of their parents up to 50%, but this is individual per each batch. The design and similarity between the egg and either parent is up to the artist. Some elements of both parents might appear but these cases will be rare. If an egg is being adopted by a single parent then the viscet born has a 25% or less chance of resembling the parent. Some orphaned eggs might not resemble either parent at all but most will have some design aspects from at least one parent in the submission.
      [Can I request any certain patterns or look for the egg?]
        Yes and no. We do have "pattern potions" which can help guide artists more in the direction you'd like. These potions are vague such as stripes, or spots, etc. However, pelt potions and direct inheritance potions aren't valid here and cannot be used.
      [What are Mutations?]
        Mutations are changes to the base Viscet features. They range in rarity as well as effected areas of the body. Some mutations will change small sections like noses or ears while others add things like scales or different tails. Some can only be found during events or with the use of specialty potions. To see all mutations please go here.
      [How do Penn diagram potions Work?]
        Penn diagram potions allow you to pick traits that you would like the offspring to have, that the parents do not have, and rolls are taken on random.org to see if those traits pass to the batch. You can order multiple potions for the same batch, but if they effect the same part of the body and both roll, only one will be selected. Penn diagram rolls are 25% for uncommon traits and 7% for rare traits.
      [What are Chanced Traits?]
        An offspring has a small chance of inheriting something that neither parent had. For Uncommons, this is 25%, and for Rares, this is 7%. Legendaries, Event Rares and, obviously, Commons cannot be inherited by chance.
      [How do Chanced Traits Work?]
        Chanced traits are single rolls made on every batch, for both uncommon and rare. If it lands within the required fields listed above, then the offspring "inherits" a trait that is chosen by the artist in the rarity that was rolled for.
      [Warning]
        Orphaned eggs are not likely to resemble either parent more than 25 - 50% in pattern or general looks.
        Screenshots are not provided for inheritence.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hatchery Shop: Rules & Regular Potions

Postby Mint Chip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:22 pm

[Hatchery Shop]
[W A R N I N G]
    ✦Any potions must be applied during request.
    ✦The only potion you can apply after requesting is a PPS potion.
    ✦In submissions in which you own only one parent, you are required to provide a screenshot for permission of breeding as well as permission for all potions used in the submission.
    ✦ 3/01/18. Price adjustments and updates.

[Hatchery Shop Rules]
      ✦ Send all money for potions to the respective nursery artist.
      ✦ A maximum of 5 potions can be applied to a single batch.
      ✦ Potions cannot contradict each other. e.g.: you cannot use both a definite trait potion for a docked tail and then another for a fox tail.
      ✦ You cannot use "if...then" statements. e.g.:"if this trait is not passed down then I would like to purchase x potion"

[PPS Potion]
    Keep your bab young forever!
      ✦ Must be applied before Adult stage
      Cannot be reversed
    Price: 10 Image or 2 C$

[Pattern Potions]
    Choose some markings that will be added to the batch.
      ✦ Choose to Any of following:
      • Stripes
      • Spots
      • Piebald/Splotched
      • Swirls
      • Natural Pattern
      • Unnatural Pattern
      ✦Choose one of the above to influence a pattern you'd like on the batch.
      ✦Remember to only put down the potion "type", no specifics.
        e.g.: "I want a Pattern Potion - Swirls (3C$)"

✦The pattern can vary and is up to how the artist interprets it.
      Cannot be undone
      ✦ Non-Stackable
    Price: 16 Image or 3 C$

[Penn Diagram Potion]
    increase chance of obtaining a "chanced trait" or a trait that neither parent has or a different variant of a trait that one or both parents may have.
      ✦ Can only be used on one decided mutation
      ✦ Only one potion can be used per mutation
      ✦ Cannot be used on Legendary or Event Rare mutations
      ✦ Non-stackable
    Price: 10 Image or 2 C$
    Price: 16 Image or 3 C$
    2x Rolls
    3x Rolls
[/list]
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hatchery Shop: Specialty Potions & Items

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 am

[Unique / Specialty Potions]
    to apply any of these specialty potions you may own you'll need to link proof of ownership with your form when you apply it to a batch submission.

Reverse PPS Potion
    use: to reverse the effects of pps-ism to make them grow to adult. you must go to [url]this thread[/url] for all rules and to grow the pps.
      ✦Can only be used once
      ✦Cannot be applied gifted bred for batches.
      ✦Cannot be applied to custom lined viscets, Event rares or Legendary
      ✦Non-stackable
    Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events, purchased in the Stub Shop or in rare bundle bags.

Definite Trait Potion
    use: guarantees the offspring will inherit any uncommon or rare trait. works best for traits neither parent has or in a hatchery submission to ensure the trait.
      ✦Stackable up to 3
      ✦Only applies to uncommon & rare traits.
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events or purchased on dA.

Color Additive Potion
    use: adds an extra color to the batch submission. A color that isn't present on either parent or (for the hatchery) isn't present on the egg palette.
      ✦Stackable up to 2
      ✦Colors must be general like "add purple" or "add yellow" (no hex codes)

Roaming Trait Potion
    use: to apply a roaming trait of your choice to a batch.
      ✦ Potion is weighted; it takes up 2 of the 5 potion slots.
      ✦ Non-stackable
      ✦ Roaming traits available are:
        antennae (any insect), feather paws, finned tufts, multiple eyes, petal tufts, color changing eyes, cloud tufts, hooves, and saber fangs.

Special Batch Potion
    use: to create a specific event rare batch without either parent having that trait.
      ✦Potion is weighted; it takes up 3 of 5 potion slots.
      ✦Non-stackable
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events or purchased during special offers on dA.

Ultra Batch Potion
    use: to create a specific legendary batch without either parent having that trait.
      ✦ Potion is weighted; it takes up 4 of 5 potion slots.
      ✦ Non-stackable
      ✦ Counts as your legendary win for the calendar year
      Price: cannot be purchased regularly. must be won in events.
Last edited by Mint Chip on Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets