Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Sim by SydneyandStorm

Based on Click to view
Artist SydneyandStorm [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 15
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Sim

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:20 am

Welcome | Additional Information | Breeding Information | Store and Imports
Associations | Showing Information | FAQ | Member List
Suggestions Thread | Archives | Discussion Thread | Showing Thread | Bank | Advertising Thread | AI Bank
RVEC Comprehensive Guide
Summer Water Balloon Fight

Welcome to Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre! This is a realistic equestrian sim where you can buy, train, breed, and compete with your own horses. Competition victors will be decided by statistics, attitudes, and responsible breeding; if you play your cards right, you could be the proud owner of the next Totilas, Hickstead, or Hollywood Dun It! You can also create breeders clubs, barn associations, and rescue organizations -- the choice is yours! Whatever your equestrian passion, you'll be sure to find something you love here.

How to Join

Don't be shy -- we're all very friendly here and would love to have you join! To do so, simply read through this post, copy the barn form, and paste it into a new post. Most of it should be pretty self-explanatory, but if you're wondering about the barn type, just scroll down to where it reads more about the types of barns your barn can be. (Note: It is possible to be an all-purpose barn; just be aware that you will not receive the additional points other barn types might receive.) The barn owner doesn't have to be anything special; I just need a name, age, and gender. Everything else is entirely optional, but I strongly encourage you to develop your character if you've got the time! After posting the form, you will receive your first horse and your information will be added to the member list.

Rules

- You may own as many horses as you can afford.
    - You may not claim another user's horse as your own.
    - You must be polite and respectful to all users at all times.
    - You may not ask for customs; these are given out as prizes of top-level competitions or at my discretion only.
    - Barn owners must be at least twenty-two years of age.
    - You may not complain about losing a competition or adoption or whine on entry forms.
    - You may not sell your horses for any currency other than the currency used at RVEC (c). This includes CS pets and C$.
    - You may not request that particular colors and/or patterns show up in your foals; their genetic code is determined as it is in real life.
    - All heights are to be realistic and must be written properly. 15.5 is not an acceptable height; 15.2 is. If you need more information, look up "How are horses measured?" on Google.
    - All colors are to be natural horse colors.
    - Barns may only adopt up to three rescues a month.
    - All horses created are the property of this sim and, if neglected or otherwise mistreated by a banned or quit member, may be taken away and readopted.
    - You may only post a breeding form once. If you are legitimately concerned that I may have overlooked your breeding, please PM me.
    - You may only request up to five of your horses to be trained in one day.
    - Links must be included on forms requesting breedings, items, and other such things. If you can't link at the moment, please just wait to post the form.
    - You may only enter your horse in up to two disciplines for show. Three-day eventing counts as one discipline, and it may not be broken up into multiple disciplines with those entered as well.
    - No more than three breedings may be submitted per post. You may not double-post to get around this rule.
    - I reserve the right to add more rules if necessary.

Barn Form:

Now that you understand the rules and know how to join, creating your own barn is simple! Just fill out the form below and become an official member of the Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre! Once you submit a joining form, a horse of your barn type will be created for you to start off with at RVEC.
Code: Select all
[center][b]I'd like to create a barn![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Barn name:[/b]
[b]Number of barns currently owned:[/b]
[b]Type of barn:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Barn owner:[/b] (name, age (22+), gender at minimum; you may go into more detail if you would like)
[b]Do you want a mentor to help get you started at RVEC?[/b] (yes/no)

Affiliations

Silver Legacy Adopts
Oat Ridge Ponies
Rocky Mountain Appaloosa Mustangs
Maple Island Ponies

Sanskira Adopts

Tropical Coatimundi

Hippocampi Of The Pacific Sea
Please PM me if you'd like to be an affiliate! <3

Lines are (c) Neara, the RVEC Header is by the wonderful Azteca, and credit for our layout goes to the fantastic Oddly Shaded!
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:33 am, edited 15 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Additional Information

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:27 am

Estimated Wait

Breedings: 1-2 days
Imports: 1-2 days
Items: 3-4 days

Adoption

In general, to adopt a horse, simply fill out the form on the horse's page and post it to be in the running! Horses available for adoption will have a big "Adopt Me!" tag on the upper right corner of their picture.

Some horses may be available through auction, in which case you only have to bid on the horse according to the specifications written on the horse's page. You only need to fill out the form on an auction horse's page after winning the horse.

Other horses may be available as rescues, and in this case, they are first come, first serve to whomever can pay their adoption fee first. Please note that you must adjust your bank account before posting the form in order to claim the horse; if you post the form before another user but they update their bank account before you, they will receive the horse.

Customs may never be requested and can only be won as prizes or when given out by RVEC.

Barn Types

In order to adopt a horse, you must have a barn. You may have up to three barns; the first one is free, and each subsequent barn costs 25,000c. While there are no rules as to how many or which types of horses you may keep at a barn, there are several different types that you may choose to have your barn be:

All-Around: The default barn. Horses will not receive any bonuses during shows or breeding but may come from any breed or discipline without pressure to conform to one particular category.

Discipline-Specific: All horses trained in the same discipline will receive a bonus during shows. Three-day eventing counts as one discipline rather than three. Horses in discipline-specific barns are rewarded with three extra showing points in their chosen discipline. Horses trained in another discipline will not receive a bonus.

English-Specific: All horses trained in English will receive a bonus during shows. They do not have to compete in the same discipline of English, however. Horses in English-specific barns are rewarded with one extra showing point in English disciplines. Horses trained in Western or Driving will not receive a bonus.

Western-Specific: All horses trained in Western receive a bonus during shows. They do not have to compete in the same discipline of Western, however. Horses in Western-specific barns are rewarded with one extra showing point in Western disciplines. Horses trained in English or Driving will not receive a bonus.

Driving-Specific: All horses trained in Driving will receive a bonus during shows. Combined driving counts as a discipline. Horses in Driving-specific barns are rewarded with one extra showing point in Driving disciplines. Horses trained in English or Western will not receive a bonus. Please note that Driving as a style is different from carriage or combined driving as a discipline and is the equivalent of English or Western.

Dual-Discipline: All horses trained in one or both of two selected disciplines will receive a bonus during shows. Three-day eventing counts as one discipline rather than three. Horses in dual-discipline barns are rewarded with two extra showing points in the selected disciplines. Horses trained in another discipline will not receive a bonus.

Breed-Specific: All horses within this barn that are the same breed will receive a bonus during breeding. Horses kept at breed-specific barns will receive a two-point bonus for foals born of the barn's breed.

Type-Specific: All horses within this barn that are of the same type will receive a bonus during breeding. Horses kept at type-specific barns will receive a one-point bonus for foals during breedings. Types can include any range of horse groupings, from appaloosa-patterned or tobiano horses to gaited breeds, feral horses, Warmbloods, or horses originating from a particular region of the world. If you are unsure or have an idea, please PM me and I will let you know whether or not it will be approved.

Stud/Breeding: Mares will be able to breed twice a week (but must have a two-day cool down period in between breedings; weeks will officially start on Sundays for mares to make keeping up with this easier). Stallions at stud/breeding barns may have straws drawn and stored for future breedings, even after death or retirement. These straws cost 100c each to collect and can be sold to other members for any price by the stallion's owner. Straws may be saved indefinitely.

Barns may be multiple different types, but they will only receive bonuses for one particular type. If you do not specify which type, it will be assumed to be the first type listed on the barn form. You are only required to list the type of barn you want to receive the bonus for.

Horse Statistics

Each horse's page includes a variety of stats belonging to the horse. These are used to determine the winners of a competition and the stats of a horse's offspring. The first set of traits can go as high as possible; the second set is always out of ten, training and natural talent excepted. The physical traits most desirable to a horse's specific discipline are discussed under Disciplines.

Additional Information

- Horses age a year every time they are trained. Horses may be trained once per week.
    - Purebred non-foundation horses get a three-stat bonus that can be added to any physical trait at the discretion of the owner.
    - Geldings receive five extra points at all shows.
    - Horses under one year may not be trained.
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 am, edited 9 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Breeding and Selling

Breeding

If you're looking to bring a new horse into the world and better your own competitors, breeding is the way to go! On RVEC, breeding is designed to be as close to real life as possible, with a genetics system, conformation value formula, and random factor all in place to bring you the most realistic breeding system we can. Other characteristics, such as attitude and height, depend on both the characteristics of the parents and a random factor. All you need to do is pick a good mare and match her to a fitting stallion, taking care to align their strengths and balance their weaknesses for the best possible foal. After that, simply submit the breeding form below to the main thread and wait for your foal to be completed! So long as you don't submit the form more than once, you should receive your foal very soon. Breedings are always open unless I say otherwise.

In order to breed a horse, the recipient of the foal must post the form and fill in all information. If the recipient owns both horses, it is not necessary to post the stud or mare fee. If the recipient owns either the mare or the stallion, the owner of whichever horse the recipient does not have must post permission unless the horse is up for public breeding. If the recipient does not own either horse, both owners must post permission before the breeding can be completed. Pasting a quote from a PM or even from a post (and not linking to it) is not sufficient. If permission is given on another post here on CS or on a different site, the recipient of the foal may link to it and the owner of the horse is not required to post on this thread as well. Please make sure you link to both horses' RVEC pages and not the page of a barn topic or other website, as linking to any other page may result in an accidental breeding if the barn or other site's page is redone.

Please note that breeding two horses together does not mean that you will necessarily get a differently colored horse, nor does breeding a pinto or appaloosa to a pinto or appaloosa mean that the foal will have pinto or appaloosa markings. We use a horse coat generator to determine the possibilities and then a random number generator to determine the likelihood of that coat out of one hundred and the coat is then selected randomly -- it's not as simple as mashing two horses together. Additionally, there is a 1% chance that there will be birthing complications, but this can also mean that you get twins!

All barns now have the ability to collect straws from their stallions. Straws cost 100c each to collect but may then be sold by the owner for any price. Stud/breeding barns may collect straws for free. Straws can be saved indefinitely and are often valued for whenever a prized sire passes away so that his genes can continue on. Additionally, using a straw offers an additional 10% chance that a breeding attempt will be successful. To collect straws as a stud/breeding barn, simply post that you are buying the number of straws you'd like to purchase and link to your bank account. Once the transaction has been completed, the straws will be collected and I will add a note with the number of straws collected on your stallion's page! To use a straw, simply specify in the link to the stallion that it is a straw from the horse.

Horses may be bred as many times as the owner would like until they are too old. Mares and stallions can begin breeding at three years of age, and mares may only have one baby per week unless owned by a breeding farm. There is a cooldown period of three days between breedings for mares and each week starts on Sunday. Stallions can be bred as often as the owner would like to breed them. Once a mare reaches age 20, there is only a 50% chance of her actually being able to carry a foal, and a breeding may be attempted once every three days. After age 30, mares and stallions can no longer breed.

Mares have various random breeding success rates, which determine the likelihood of the success of each breeding attempt. You may try more than once on the same form, and each attempt costs 100c. However, if an attempt is successful earlier than the number of attempts you specified that you wanted to try, you will not be refunded for the attempts that you did not need. Alternately, you may choose to only try once per form and submit a new form each time a breeding is unsuccessful, but you will have to pay the initial vet fee plus 100c with each new attempt.

Likewise, stallions have various breeding scores which determine the amount of stats that get passed down to a foal. Breeding scores are random on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 representing very poor, 2 representing poor, 3 representing average, 4 representing good, and 5 representing excellent. Stallions with higher breeding scores will produce higher quality offspring.

Additionally, ultrasounds are available for 500c. With an ultrasound, you can find out immediately the gender and coat color of your foal, and the information will be PMed to you. This information is helpful if you are planning to sell the foal inutero or immediately after he or she is born.

Finally, RVEC now has an AI Bank that can be used to produce foals of the same breed or approved cross as the horse being bred.

For information on futurities, please see the futurity section under Showing.

Breeding Form

[center][b]I'd like to breed these horses![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b] (recipient's username)
[b]Barn:[/b] (recipient's barn)

[b]Mare:[/b] (please include link to page)
[b]Breeding fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Stallion:[/b] (please include link to page)
[b]Stud fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Initial vet fee:[/b] 100c
[b]Number of tries:[/b] (x100c)
[b]Ultrasound:[/b] (Yes/No; 500c)
[b]Futurity registration:[/b] (Yes/No; Must be purebred or approved cross; 200c)
[b]Total vet fee:[/b] (Minimum 200c)
[b]Bank account:[/b] (link to post, please!)

Selling & Leasing Horses

Buying, selling and leasing horses is a large part of this sim. Horses can be sold at any time, for any reason, whether by private sale, public sale, auction, or trade. If you aren't certain about giving up your horse completely but would still like some of the benefits from selling him or her, you also have the ability to lease your horses out. Leasing allows another player to train, breed, and receive money from a horse without actually owning it. The lessee must pay the horse's care in addition to any price the owner sets, but any earnings from competitions or breedings will belong to the lessee.

In addition to leasing out a horse for income, a user may choose to lease out a horse in order to ensure that it is trained every week while they are on a vacation or unable to access the computer for a certain length of time. If this is the case, the owner should specify that it is a free lease and may wish to set limitations to training only in order to preserve the horse as it was before the owner's brief absence. The person providing such a horse care service may charge a fee in order to care for the horse, but such a fee must be discussed before the transaction is made.

The owner may not request that a horse be returned before a lease ends unless the lessee is offered some sort of refund for a portion of the total cost. The lessee may end the lease at any time but will not receive a refund unless the owner offers one.

Leases and sales may be found on the RVEC advertising thread, which can be located at the top of the information post, or on this thread by searching "horse for sale" or "horse for lease". If you are selling or leasing a horse, please fill out the form below.

[center][b]I have a horse for sale![/b][/center]
[b]Barn:[/b]
[b]Horse:[/b] [url](link to page, please![/url]
[b]Breed:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Price:[/b]
[b]Additional information:[/b]

[center][b]I have a horse for lease![/b][/center]
[b]Horse:[/b] [url](link to page, please![/url]
[b]Payment method:[/b] (all at once or weekly/monthly etc.)
[b]Duration of lease:[/b]
[b]Additional information:[/b]
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:48 am, edited 20 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Store and Imports

Personal Finance

Each RVEC member is obligated to keep track of their own finances. Bank accounts are to be posted on the RVEC bank thread and must be kept up to date in order for a member to spend or receive money. You must link to your bank post with the updated transaction for a purchase to be approved and completed. Users found to be committing fraud will be fined and have their horses confiscated.

Accessories

In order to show, a horse must have the proper accessories, which are discussed under Disciplines below. These accessories cost money and must be purchased at a tack shop before they can be put on a horse. Some, such as bonnets and splint boots, may be any color, and the user is to let the artist know which color they would prefer them to be. Some disciplines, however, such as reining, require the accessories to be a certain color. The requirements for each discipline is listed below. You may have an unlimited amount of accessories, but each one of a new color must be paid for once more.

Accessories and braids will appear under the horse's page. Please also note that colors are only applicable for accessories; manes and tails will always be that horse's natural hair color, regardless of any bands or ties. Additionally, accessories do not have to be one single color; I will try my best at anything you request, including crystal-lined bonnets, trimmed bonnets, sheepskin padded splint boots, zebra patterns, animal print, ombré, two-tone leather, and more, so long as it is appropriate for the discipline and style of tack.

Discipline Requirements

English
Hunters: English braided mane & tail | No colors
Jumpers: Ear bonnets and splint boots | Any colors or patterns
Cross-country: Greased legs and splint boots | Any colors or patterns
Dressage: English braided mane and trimmed tail | No colors
Three-day Eventing: Jumpers, cross-country, and dressage tack | Color acceptability varies by discipline

Western
Western Pleasure: Western braided mane and trimmed tail | No colors
Reining: Splint boots and skid boots | White, black, or leather
Barrel Racing: Splint boots and bell boots | Any colors or patterns
Cutting: Splint boots and trimmed tail | White, black, or leather
Working Cow Horse: Reining and cutting tack | White, black, or leather

Driving
Carriage Driving: Bobbed mane and bobbed tail | Any colors
Driven Dressage: Bobbed mane and trimmed tail | Any colors
Marathon: Bobbed tail and splint boots | Any colors or patterns
Stadium Driving: Bobbed mane and splint boots | Any colors or patterns
Combined Driving: Driven dressage, marathon, and obstacles tack | Any colors

The Store

English mane braids: 150c
Western mane braids: 150c
Driving mane braids: 150c
Full mane braids: 150c
English tail braid: 200c
Driving tail bob: 50c
Full tail braid: 100c
Trimmed tail: 100c
Ear bonnet: 50c
Splint boots: 75c
Bell boots: 50c
Skid boots: 75c
Greased legs: 100c
You can purchase a variety of items here,
from necessary competition accessories to fancy braiding.

[center][b]I'd like to purchase an item![/b][/center]
[b]Horse:[/b] [url=x](link to page, please)[/url]
[b]Item(s):[/b]
[b]Color(s):[/b] (if applicable; please be VERY specific with regard to the color and location)
[b]Purpose:[/b]
[b]Bank account:[/b] [url=x](link to post, please)[/url]

Imports

Imports are designed to get more horses into the game so that breeds can prosper versus sit around waiting for me to make that one odd breed a second horse so they can at least have offspring. You cannot choose any characteristics for the horse -- coat, height, markings, etc. except for the breed, gender, and discipline (it will have strong stats in those areas), and each import costs 3,500c. Additionally, RVEC now offers color imports, which cost 4,000c. You may only choose one color or pattern in your color import, and the color you import must exist within the horse's pure breed. Rare colors may only be created once, whether as an import, a custom, or as a generation zero. If you decide you don't like the horse, you may either keep it and sell it or get a refund of 3,000c and the horse will go up for adoption. You may only receive one imported horse every weeks. Please submit the form below to import a horse:

[center][b]I'm importing a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Discipline or color/pattern:[/b]
[b]Bank account:[/b]
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:09 am, edited 9 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Associations

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am

Breed & Color Associations

Associations serve as a platform and meeting place for breeders with similar interests and passions, and as such they play a significant role in RVEC. They have a lot of freedom in administration and decision-making within their association and are encouraged to host regular user contests, raffles, and polls in order to keep participation high. Associations may host any shows they would like for the registered horses, including disciplines that are not a part of RVEC. Associations are permitted to request the creation of one horse of their specified specialty per week.

Additionally, breed associations may choose to keep a ranking of the top stallions, mares, geldings, and overall horses within the association, making it easy to find the best ones to breed and/or buy. Each horse admitted into the breed association must pay a fee to register, which is decided upon by the president of the breed association. This is a source of money for the breed association, as well as competition fees, and breed associations start with 50,000c. Once this money runs out, it's up to the association's president to get more money. The president may use this money to benefit the association in any way they see fit, whether to purchase horses for contests, provide association tack for registered users, or sponsor a high-ranking registered horse in an invitational competition.

As well as serving as a meeting place for breeders, associations also function as a registry for horses and are in charge of accepting registered name requests. Registered names stick with a horse for life and may only be chosen once a horse is a part of an association. A horse may only register for a name at one association, and that association will become the horse's primary association, although he or she may still be a part of others. The prestige of an association that a horse is registered with should play a considerable part in determining that horse's value, such that associations that are harder to get into indicate a generally higher quality of horse. Once a horse has registered at an association and received approval for his or her registered name, that name will be added to the horse's page, as will the association link.

The founder of a breed association must serve at least one month's term as president unless found to be giving themselves any sort of special treatment. After that time, another user may step up or the founder may choose to stay on as president. If more than one user would like to be president, a poll will be set up and the association members will vote. Breed associations may include types, such as gaited horses or sporthorses, and associations based on showing or breeding success are also perfectly acceptable. If you would like to create a type or merit registry/association, simply submit the breed association form. There may be more than one association for a particular breed or type of horse, and awards may be given out from time to time for the most popular associations.

Color associations may also be created and can be an excellent resource in finding horses of a particular color to breed another horse with. The top stallions, mares, and geldings may be organized as with breed associations, and color associations are also able to host halter/showmanship competitions, though they will likely focus less on breed standard and more on overall conformation. For any color association, there must be a disclaimer that it is a color, not a breed.

If you are the one creating an association, you may choose the official name, such as "Palomino Horse Association," "Palomino Horse Breeders Association of RVEC," "Palomino Horse Registry," "Palomino Breeders Affiliation," etc. Breed and color associations must first be approved by the almighty RVEC Staff before they can begin registering horses.

Breed Associations

American Quarter Horse Association
Shire Horse Association
Quarter Horse Association
Native Pride Paints
Tennessee Walking Horse Breeders Association
Thoroughbred Breeders Club

Type Associations

RVEC Warmblood and Sport Horse Registry
Redwood Valley Feral Horse Association
Redwood Valley Pony Registry
RVEC Sport Pony Registry

Association Form

[center][b]I'd like to create a breed/color association![/b][/center]
[b]Association name:[/b]
[b]Breed/Color:[/b]
[b]Horses owned of this breed/color:[/b]
[b]Describe your dedication to this association:[/b]
[b]Brand:[/b] (Optional. Please specify where the brand will be located, what the size of the brand will be, and what the brand will look like, including whether it is white or skin-colored. You must be specific and pictures are encouraged if your design is more complicated. Please note that brands will not be applied to any horses created before the brand was made.)
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Showing and Disciplines

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:28 am

Showing

The showing thread can be found through the following link - Click here. Horses may enter varying levels of shows depending on their age. Ages are described as follows:

Newborns: Cannot be trained or shown for one week.
Yearlings to 4-year-olds: May be trained and shown in futurities.
5 to 19-year-olds: May be entered in local shows, in which they can receive small cash prizes. The top horses from local shows may be invited to compete in invitational shows from time to time, which are significantly more expensive to attend but will also have larger cash prizes. Invitational shows may also offer training points, stat bonuses, and additional prizes given out by RVEC.
20 to 25-year-olds: May continue showing, but are no longer eligible for invitational shows. Will be retired from discipline showing if injury is received.
26-year-olds+ May be retired or continue showing in halter/showmanship, but are no longer eligible for discipline shows.

Futurities

Futurities are designed to measure the competition quality and caliber of horses ages yearling to four. As such, natural talent plays a prominent role, horses are scored against an ideal score, and random events and penalties do not exist. It is an objective measurement of a horse's breeding and training; the goal is to determine the best bred horse out of the competitors, not to offer every horse a shot, however small, at placing high. To accomplish this, an ideal score is decided for each discipline based on the average score of adult competitors in that discipline. The score of the competitor is then scored against the ideal score and turned into a percent, and the horse with the highest percentage wins.

At least five horses owned by at least two different users must be entered in order for a futurity to run, and a horse may only compete in one discipline in a futurity. However, if entered in another futurity at a later time, a horse may compete in a different discipline. Additionally, futurities do not exist for three-day eventing, working cow horse, and combined driving. These events are too strenuous on a young horse. Horses trained in those disciplines may be entered in the "sub-discipline" they would most excel at.

In order for a horse to be entered in and compete in a futurity, it must be under five years of age (and not aged to five or older while entered in the competition), non-foundation, and a purebred or recognized cross (Anglo-Arabs, Appendix QHs, Stonewall Sport Horses, Quarabs, etc.). If a horse is aged to five or older while entered in a futurity, his or her entry will be scratched. Additionally, a horse may not be entered in a futurity twice at the same age, and a horse may not enter a futurity again for the same discipline after winning once in a two-week competition or twice in a one-week competition. Second place and below may enter a second time.

Geldings will still receive a showing bonus but it will only be half of what they normally receive, and breeding barns will receive a small showing bonus at futurities. Other barns that receive bonuses during shows will continue to receive their same bonuses.

Horses may be nominated to a futurity inutero if the owner desires. It costs an additional 200c to pre-register a foal for a futurity but the resulting foal may be trained two times per week (still aging once per week). This will only last for the duration of the foal's futurity career. If the foal is not entered in a futurity once registration opens, the foal will lose all training. Additionally, a foal cannot be pre-registered for a futurity once he or she is born. Foals with focused attitudes may be trained twice per week regardless of whether or not they were nominated inutero.

Training

Horses may be trained once a week, and the amount they gain from the training varies from horse to horse based on intelligence, willingness, and trainability. Training is free but must be posted on each horse's individual page in order to be updated. You may train up to five horses per day.

Disciplines

There are several different disciplines you may choose to train your horse in:

Hunters: Hunters is a jumping discipline based upon the horse's appearance going over the jumps. For this discipline, it is required that the horse's mane and tail be braided in an English style and that their legs be trimmed. A hunter horse's head, coat, and action are the most important physical traits, and the ideal attitude for a hunter is amiable, though sensitive, focused, and honest attitudes will be rewarded as well. A hunter should never be naughty, and nervous, mischievous, and timid attitudes do not indicate a horse best suited for hunters.

Jumpers: Jumpers is a jumping discipline based upon the speed with which the horse can clear massive jumps in an arena. For this discipline, the mane and tail may be left as the owner desires, but ear bonnets and splint bots are required. Legs should be trimmed in order to get the best fit with the splint boots. A jumper horse's shoulders, forelegs, and hindquarters are the most important physical traits, and the ideal attitude for a jumper is honest. Clever and focused attitudes will also be rewarded in the show ring. A jumper should never be timid, as this can lead to dangerous jumps; however, attitudes that may be penalized in other show rings are not necessarily penalized in jumpers.

Cross-Country: Cross-country is a jumping discipline based upon the horse's ability to navigate a jumping course over varying terrain within a certain amount of time. For cross-country, the horse must be wearing splint boots and have its legs greased, and for proper boot fit, his or her legs should also be trimmed. Forelegs, hindquarters, and hind legs are the most important physical traits of a cross-country horse, and a clever attitude is the best one for this discipline. Focused and honest attitudes are also rewarded, and a cross-country horse should never be timid. Nervous attitudes are also discouraged. Other attitudes, as in jumpers, are neither penalized nor rewarded.

Dressage: Dressage is a discipline based upon the ability of a horse to complete various maneuvers and its obedience to its rider. For dressage, a horse must have a braided mane and a trimmed tail, and its legs must be trimmed. The neck, coat, and hindquarters are the most important physical traits of a dressage horse. The best attitude for a dressage horse to have is sensitive, and focused and amiable attitudes will be rewarded as well. Nervous and mischievous attitudes are penalized in this discipline, and a naughty attitude would indicate that a horse is not cut out for dressage.

Three-Day Eventing: Three-day eventing is a combination of dressage, cross-country, and jumpers. A horse must have a page prepared for each of the three disciplines and should ideally have the ability to excel in each of them. At the end of the day, the winner of the most cumulative points from the three disciplines will be the champion.

Western Pleasure: Western pleasure is a discipline based on how pleasurable the horse looks to ride and how well it responds to its owner's commands. For western pleasure, a horse should have a mane braided in a western style and a trimmed tail, and legs should be trimmed as well. Coat, action, and neck are most important in a western pleasure horse, and the ideal attitude is sensitive. Focused and amiable attitudes will also be rewarded, and while a nervous or mischievous attitude will be penalized, the least desirable attitude is naughty.

Reining: Reining is a discipline based on the ability of a horse to successfully perform several maneuvers with perfect obedience to its rider, much like a western version of dressage. For reining, a horse must wear splint boots and skid boots and should have its legs trimmed in order to allow proper boot fit. The hind legs, coat, and action are the most important physical aspects of a reining horse. The best attitude for a reining horse to have is sensitive, aside from focused and amiable, and a reiner should not be nervous. Naughty and mischievous attitudes will be penalized as well.

Barrel Racing: Barrel racing is a discipline in which the horse tries to race around a set of three barrels in a cloverleaf pattern as quickly as it can. A horse trained in barrel racing should have splint boots, bell boots, and trimmed legs. Shoulders, hind legs, and forelegs are the most important physical traits of a barrel racer. Barrel racers should have a clever attitude, although a focused attitude is rewarded as well, and barrel racers should never be timid.

Cutting: Cutting is a discipline in which the horse separates or "cuts" individual cattle from a herd for a period of time and is judged on its control of the beast and its skill and obedience to its rider. A horse trained in cutting should have splint boots, a trimmed tail, and trimmed legs. Head, shoulders, and hind legs are the most important physical traits of a cutting horse. Cutting horses should have a clever attitude, although a focused and sensitive attitude is rewarded as well, and cutting horses should never be nervous. Timid and mischievous attitudes will also be penalized.

Working Cow Horse: Working cow horse is a combination of reining and cutting. A horse must have a page prepared for both of the two disciplines and should ideally have the ability to excel in both of them. At the end of the day, the winner of the most cumulative points from the two disciplines will be the champion.

Carriage Driving: Carriage driving is a discipline that judges a horse for its turnout and manners while in harness. A carriage driving horse must have a bobbed mane and tail, and horses should be feathered according to their breeds (heavy for Shires, light for Andalusians, none for Arabians, etc.). The chest, action, and coat of a driving horse is most important, as well as an amiable attitude. A focused and sensitive attitude is also rewarded in driving, and although nervous and naughty attitudes are penalized, the worst attitude for a driving horse to have is a mischievous one.

Driven Dressage: Driven dressage judges horses for their ability to perform dressage movements under harness. A driven dressage horse must have a bobbed mane and trimmed tail, and horses should be feathered according to their breeds (heavy for Shires, light for Andalusians, none for Arabians). The neck, action, and coat of a driven dressage horse is most important, as well as an amiable attitude. A focused and sensitive attitude is also rewarded, and the worst attitude for a driving horse to have is a nervous one. Naughty and mischievous attitudes are penalized as well.

Marathon Driving: Marathon driving is a driven discipline that tests competitors on their fitness, stamina, and ability to maneuver tough obstacles under harness. A marathon horse must have a bobbed tail and splint boots. The chest, forelegs, and hindquarters of a marathon horse is most important, as well as a clever attitude. A focused and honest attitude is also rewarded, and a timid attitude would indicate a horse unsuited for marathon. Naughty and nervous attitudes are penalized as well.

Stadium Driving: Stadium driving is a discipline in which horses must navigate a narrow path through a series of cone pairs with a ball atop each cone without knocking the ball off. A stadium driving horse must have a bobbed mane and splint boots. The chest, shoulders, and hindquarters of a stadium driving horse is most important, as well as a sensitive attitude. A focused and clever attitude is also rewarded, and although mischievous and nervous attitudes are not desired, the least desirable attitude for a stadium driving horse is naughty.

Combined Driving: Combined driving is a combination of driven dressage, marathon driving, and stadium driving. A horse must have a page prepared for each of the three disciplines and should ideally have the ability to excel in each of them. At the end of the day, the winner of the most cumulative points from the three disciplines will be the champion.

Halter/Showmanship: Halter horses are judged on abiding by their breed standard and having good conformation with a disciplinary weight (there should be at least one clear discipline of choice by stats). Showmanship horses are judged on attitude (which depends on the breed standard), movement, and coat. The points are added to determine the winner, who wins both classes as the champion. No additional tack or equipment is required.
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 am, edited 12 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Forms

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:30 am

Forms

All forms for RVEC can be found here, as well as under their respective topics.

Breeding Form
[center][b]I'd like to breed these horses![/b][/center]
[b]Username:[/b] (recipient's username)
[b]Barn:[/b] (recipient's barn)

[b]Mare:[/b] [url=x](link to page, please)[/url]
[b]Breeding fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Stallion:[/b] [url=x](link to page, please)[/url]
[b]Stud fee:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Initial vet fee:[/b] 100c
[b]Number of tries:[/b] (x100c)
[b]Ultrasound:[/b] (Yes/No; 500c)
[b]Futurity registration:[/b] (Yes/No; Must be purebred or approved cross; 200c)
[b]Total vet fee:[/b] (Minimum 200c)

Purchased Horse Form
[center][b]I've bought a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Purchasing from:[/b] (seller's username)
[b]Transferring from:[/b] (seller's barn)

Leased Horse Form
[center][b]I'm leasing a horse![/b][/center]
[b]Leasing from:[/b] (owner's username)
[b]Transferring from:[/b] (owner's barn)
[b]Price:[/b] (specify per week/month or total)
[b]Time period:[/b]

Item Purchase Form
[center][b]I'd like to purchase an item![/b][/center]
[b]Item(s):[/b]
[b]Color(s):[/b] (if applicable; please be VERY specific with regard to the color and location)
[b]Purpose:[/b]

Discipline Horse Import Form
[b]Discipline:[/b]

Color Horse Import Form
[b]Type:[/b] (turning two genes on/off or handpicking one gene)
[b]Gene(s) affected:[/b]

Association Form
[center][b]I'd like to create an association![/b][/center]
[b]Association name:[/b]
[b]Type:[/b] (breed, color, type, or discipline)
[b]Specialty:[/b]
[b]Brand:[/b] (Optional and for breed associations only. Please specify where the brand will be located, what the size of the brand will be, and what the brand will look like, including whether it is white or skin-colored. You must be specific and pictures are encouraged if your design is more complicated. Please note that brands will not be applied to any horses created before the brand was made.)
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Quests

Postby SydneyandStorm » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:30 am

Quests

Breed a Chestnut Friesian
Produce a purebred chestnut Friesian. In order to be chestnut, a horse must have the genetic code ee. Payout: 3,500c.

Breed a Few Spot Horse
Produce a horse of any breed or mix that is a few spot. In order to be a few spot, a horse must have the genetic code LpLp PATN-1PATN-1. Payout: 3,000c.

Own At Least Five Geldings
Acquire at least five geldings, whether through purchase or gelding. A gelding is a male horse that can no longer breed. Payout: 5,000c.

Breed a Smoky Cream Horse
Produce a horse or any breed or mix that is a smoky cream. In order to be smoky cream, a horse must have the genetic code E? CrCr. Payout: 2,000c.

Breed a Mare After Age 25
Successfully breed a mare after age 25. Breeding a mare successfully becomes more difficult as they get older. Payout: 1,000c.

Breed a Horse with Both Pinto and Appaloosa
Produce a horse of any breed or mix that has both pinto and appaloosa. Pinto includes tobiano (To), overo (O), sabino (Sb), and any combination of those genes. To have appaloosa coloring, a horse must have LpLp or Lplp. Payout: 4,000c.

Register in Three Associations
Register any number of horses in at least three associations. Payout: 1,000c.

Own At Least Five Horses of One Rare Breed
Own at least five horses of any color or sex of any one rare breed. Rare breeds can be found on the livestock conservancy website. Payout: 10,000c.
Last edited by SydneyandStorm on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
SydneyandStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby landofmakebelieve » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:42 pm

*deep breath*

ah, that new thread smell v:

also gonna drop this here while I'm at it c;

I'd like to create a barn!
Username: landofmakebelieve
Barn name: Twisted T Western Performace Horses
Number of barns currently owned: zero
Type of barn: Breed Specific; AQHA
Barn owner:

t a y l o r
s w e e n y

full name;; taylor raelyn sweeny
    desired nickname;; taylor will do just fine
    gender;; female
    age;; 24 years
    sexuality;; heterosexual
    job;; western coach and trainer & owner of TTWPH

event;; all around western
    horse type;; taylor prefers a stock type breed such as quarter horse, paint or the canadian cutting horse. she likes a calm horse on the ground, but a fireball going down the alleyway.

landofmakebelieve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Redwood Valley Equestrian Centre -- Horse Competition Si

Postby caeleste » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:43 pm

I'd like to create a barn!

Username: caeleste
Barn name: Roaming Brook Ranch
Number of barns currently owned: none
Type of barn: breed specific, Arabians
Barn owner: Ava Byrne, a twenty-three year old woman who has ridden since childhood and loves to do dressage.

Hope this is okay c:
Slowly coming out of a hiatus! Shoot me a PM if anything is needed!
caeleste

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me