Viscet #805 - Color Palette competition by Dissolve

Based on Click to view
Artist Dissolve [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #805 - Color Palette competition

Postby Dissolve » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:31 pm

[center]So Ive never done one of these competitions before and since I couldnt find the right colors for this Viscets mane and other parts Im going to let you choose them...

Owner: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=307671

ωανєℓєиgтн wrote:Username: ωανєℓєиgтн

Viscet name: Endellion or "Endel"

Viscet gender: Female

Color palette: Image

(I'm mostly going to use the lightest color as a highlighter of sorts

Mane and Chest , 36213e, 554971, 63768d, and 8acd0 in a gradient pattern.

Paws, the pads will be b8f3ff with a black color in a bokeh pattern.

Eyes, I would love for them to be b8f3ff

Ears, the main part of the inside will be b8f3ff with the tip of them fading into 36213e

Nose, b8f3ff with a black bokeh pattern.

Palette explanation/why you chose it:
I originally wanted an ocean type of palette, not only for this viscets character, but also because me and my family used to love going to the beach to go surfing together.

However, the character I have envisioned for Endel is one that has needed a face for a long time, and a beach themed palatte wasnt going to work.

Her personality is surprisingly sophisticated, seeing as her lifestyle contains mostly nothing but the wild blue ocean stretching out far beyond her eye sight. I chose to incorporate purple in the palatte, rather than blue on top of blue, seeing as purple is considered the color of royalty.

The blues came from an array of my favorites that I had chose to put together so that the would flow nicely, seeing as I wanted a gradient pattern, but didn't want to make the shades two different colors. Although, her personality is similar to the calm flow of a crystalline river, at trait which most others she meets finds to be a bit terrifying.

Mutations:
Minor mane mutation - uncommon
Ear variation (Doberman) - uncommon
Last edited by Dissolve on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dissolve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #805 - Color Palette competition

Postby rabbit. » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Username:
Box.

Viscet name:
Hiro //so what if i thought of BigHero6 for no reason xD

Viscet gender:
Male

Color palette:
Boop

PASTELZ R LIFE
Instead of normal gothic-like designs to be green, red and dark colors. I thought how pastels would be so cute with this cx
//i have no reason tbh x'D, i just liek it
ew this was ugly
yo im rabbit/weston/salem
and i'm barely ever on
rabbit.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Username: WolfwithWings38
Viscet name: Mike
Viscet gender: Male
Color palette: Markings: http://www.color-hex.com/palettes/12989.png Mane: http://www.color-hex.com/palettes/2798.png (mixed together)
Palette explanation/why you chose it: Well I think it would look it would look pretty cool on a Doberman and it kind of resemble how colors can be unique! (to me that is)
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgiboy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:35 pm

Username:
Steampunkalec
Viscet name:
Trigger
Viscet gender:
Male
Color palette:
image found here;
http://scottoffen.com/2014/04/29/the-st ... r-palette/
tail fluff;
gold
neck fluff;
gold/bronze
mane;
gears/mixed metal
paw pads;
mixed metal
eyes;
broze/ copper
nose;
gold
ears;
gold/bronze
designs/pattern;
were the designs shall be;
mane
ears
tail tuff
shaved part of fin / the fin
I chose this pallet because when I looked closely to the viscet I saw some designs in it that really strikes me as steampunk especially the little hour glass on his paw and the chains that go around him in his design making myself believe that he would for sure make a very cool time traveler in the steampunk universe witch would explain his unique loos compared to most viscets. thinking about this made me come up with the color pallet ^, I thought it would make out a very good color scheme pulse a very rad viscet traveler that could correspond with all my little steampunk babes that I have.
if I could have another custom it would totally look like this
Last edited by corgiboy on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
corgiboy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legendari » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Username: Legendari
Viscet name: Trikós
Color palette: ███ #00F9FF
███ #8FFCFF
███ #030056
these first three colors make a gradient for the mane, tail, and the spot on the shoulders, with most strands being light and some strands being darker
███ #FFEF3D
███ #FFF68F
in the mane and tail, yellow highlights and subtle lightning bolts, inside of ears the first yellow
the eye is yellow
Palette explanation/why you chose it: I saw the hair and it reminded me of someone who'd been shocked [cartoons, haha]. This brought me to the thought "electric" and then I thought of an electric color - the first color that came to mind was a neon, shocking blue. I searched for a color palette revolving around electric blue and found one [shown above]. I also looked closely at the body design and saw many lightning bolt shaped symbols so I thought 'mm electric, this'll be perfect cx' Someone who is electrifying comes to my mind as adventurous and daring, and the snake on the shoulder brought me to think of indiana jones, who is extremely daring, further adding to why i chose the electric blue. lastly, the part about adding the yellow - i didn't want a completely blue mane and tail, so i wanted to add a yellow [i saw the wing design around the eyes and thought of an angel, and thought yellow would be a good color to add, partly because lightning is commonly portrayed as yellow and it is the color opposite from blue on the color wheel].
Last edited by legendari on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
i don't play anymore, but i will be dropping by now & then c:
| she/her | cancer
hyrulian gypsies camelot riders
legendari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwi;; » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:42 pm

Username: kiwi;;

Viscet name: Cannon

Color palette:
Mane:
████ #004240
████ #066D74
████ #069F8D
████ #A5CC79
Eyes, Ears, etc:
████ #FFF26E
████ #F3A618

The mane pattern would be a simple classic camouflage pattern.

My palette was based from this album cover. I discovered the image a while back, and always thought that it would look amazing on this viscet in particual, becuase of the unique designs and patterns on the body. I have yet to see a viscet with colors like the palette c: I chose it because I enjoy combining cool toned colors with hints of warm tones.
Last edited by kiwi;; on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

hello there. My name's emma but you can call me kiwi;; Anyways, if you
    want, check out viscets and leave a comment saying kiwi;; referred you (;
    female / she, her / sagittarius / atheist / makeup enthusiast
    my viscets - viscet art - my characters - my DA

ImageImageImageImageImage Image
kiwi;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quitted; » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:43 pm

Username: thefartheststar
Viscet name: Rhapsody
Viscet gender: female
Color palette: Mane and Tail, Paws and Ears, Eyes
Reason for choosing this color palette... hmm.... I wanted something that really brought out the many shades of Rhapsody's personality. The deep, yet clear and slightly icy blue eyes are for the part of her that notices everything. That certain way young children grab things with their hands, or the emotions hiding in your face as she talks to you. That blue see's everything. Next, the shimmery array of colors in her mane and tail; her theatric side. Performing her music, spending the day in an art gallery, auditioning non-stop for a role that might keep the bills paid. The artistic, dramatic, comedic, musical craziness of her life. At times, when in a good mood, you never know if she'll bust out singing in the middle of the library, or start muttering a Shakespeare sonnet under her breath for practice. What I mean is, I wanted to capture her random quirks and even eccentrics in her work and in her life with that choice of color. At last, the lavender I chose for her ears and tail: Under the calculating stares and smirks, and the blinding stage lights she works under, there's a softer, kinder tone. Look closely, you'll see that purple in her. A hidden weekend volunteering at a hospital, always with a book under her arm for the young ones. You might see her in the park, just breathing slowly in and out, wanting only to take in the crisp air watch others go by. Or a smile. Just a smile, soft and knowing. So many shades in her life, not clashing, but not completely smooth and melded either.

Thank you for such a cool babe, with so much potential no matter who wins!
Last edited by quitted; on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Quit CS! If you need to contact me, my Wattpad is linked to my profile :)
quitted;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gp5 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:14 pm

Username: ratatouille.
Viscet name: Poe
Viscet gender: agender
Color palette:
(Pallet made by, Riverette112)
#3E1C33
#B14623
#F6921D
For the mane pattern, I dont care, do what you think is best. (if I win) c; Also, I really like all the colors, so I dont care where they go.
But, for the paws, I would like this paint look please!

I chose the pallet because it reminded me of Halloween. I always need more Halloween in my life. Candy, kids laughing, people getting scared, fireworks, and just the aura of the holiday itself. It brings family together, and makes you enjoy parties so much more. The spunky food you eat on the day too, like witch fingers, although they are really hotdogs, makes you feel imaginative and happy. Another thing is Anonymity. What other holiday are disguises not only accepted but expected? Devious personalities embrace this custom and choose to hide their identity behind their costumes. This adds mystery and keeps everyone guessing. How long has it been since you assumed another persona? Poe loves to dress up during the holiday, always scaring people or just snooping around.
I thought the pallet would look good on this viscet, as they are fairly dark colors. We need more halloweenish viscets anyway, and they look like the perfect candidate! Just imagine, this little viscet, sneaking around after midnight, doing rebellious things with their friends. Their warm colors clashing with the black would just look good to me.
I think the yellow would portray a lone figure standing under a street light, clad in black. Or maybe the bright color could represent the moon; shining brightly as an owl screeches in the distance.
The orange could represent a campfire, curious children huddled near it, soaking its warmth as they waited for a scary story to squeak about.
The light purple would show off the day slowly turning into a night, casting a purple aura around the world. Or maybe just lights, outlining a large house.
The dark purple could possibly compliment a Halloween card invitation to a party or Possibly, makeup shining brightly on someones face.
The light black represents the night itself, or a bat slowly waking from its slumber, ready to taunt innocent passerby's.
The hair looks like a punk who doesn't listen to their parents, nor care about their appearance. I could just write a personality about the hair itself.
Poe theirself, would be the representation of halloween. They are a major daredevil, pushing themselves to the limits, no matter what the cost. They surprisingly have extreme luck, and rarely endangers themself. That's what makes them a little cocky, but, something that makes them cockier is the fact that everyone compliments their mane colors. The purples, and blacks, clash together and make one beautiful picture to look at.
Now, for the reason why I choose the paws. My very great friend Yugi, had talked to me after I asked for her to design my youtube icon. It had spraypaint colors and everything, and I immediately wanted it to remind me of viscets as well, as youtube is a big part of my life.
1. This viscet would represent my friend Yugi. She is so kind, and the paws would represent on how she had been kind enough to design my youtube avatar, as well as being an amazing friend and staying by my side. Yugi does like bright colors, and the spraypaint would be a great representation on our friendship.
2. The spraypaint would represent my youtube account, and just youtube in general. Youtube had always been a major help when I was in stress, and now it had even inspired me to make an account. When youtube wasn't something I looked to, it was always viscets. I feel Poe would represent both youtube and viscets, my two favorite things!
3. The third reason, is the fact that it would show the wilder side of Poe. They love making a show, and the fact that their fur shows a crazy personality, makes them enjoy their look even more. Whats the best thing though, is how he can show off his paws while rocking out on his guitar. The thing is, is that he is a leadsinger, along with guitar player, in a band. Here's an example of one of his songs. here. Scooby doo anyone? c:
4. The last reason, is the fact that it just blends perfectly with the rest of the pallet. If you look at it, with the pallet, it actually looks pretty good together. It has most dark colors, but theres a few light specks here and there.

Well, before I get ahead of myself, you can see why I chose this pallet. I could write a full personality about the whole thing, as I think the colors would fit this viscet perfectly. Thank you for this chance!
Last edited by gp5 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
gp5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LucidDreary » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Username: CorrelateOwl
Viscet name: Nirvana
Viscet gender: Female
Color palette:
~Mane Palette - I understand that this cannot be completely accurate, but tbh, all I want is creativity to this, so just go crazy!!
~Pelt Palette (Designed under Markings) - Followed by fading this for the color between the colors. (The Crayons aren't meant to be included, just the bleeding colors)
~Eye Design: Outer Iris - #0097AC x Inner Iris - #FFFF92 - Something similar to this design would be very amazing around her eyes. (Under the markings)
~Paws (Paint splatters) (The Claws remain White)
~Chest design
~Ears & Nose

Inspiring Pic
Nirvana is inspired to me by her very expressive mane and wild designs. As she is from a rock band, Nirvana is very expressive of her feelings, and can't help but really bring out her inner passion- Art; especially since she is lead singer in her band, The Painted Ravens. My favorite part of this mash up of colors, is the way it really brings out the crazy and creative side of someone who doesn't care what other people think- an "insane" and rebellious insight of the world through different eyes. I apologize in advance for the "palette" I chose, for it would be very difficult to replicate, but the very reason I chose the color pallet was because of it's expressive design and color blinding nature that I chose the design because I feel that it reflects the personality of Nirvana. Art is truly something that really can describe someone as a whole; and it isn't just the art it self, but the vibe that it gives off, and that is the soul reason why I chose these crazy designs for different parts of her. Expression and creativity is the soul of this Viscet, and it truly depends on every vibe and feeling that really completes this piece of Art. <3

WIP
(Almost done! ^^)
Last edited by LucidDreary on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
N ɴ
Wɴs Dɪ.xxxxxxx

xxxxxx

I am just a person trying to
find her place in the world.
I tend to take things very
seriously, and occasionally
like to chat, so feel free to
talk with me anytime.

xxxxxxxB Eʀʏɴ
xxxxxWɴs ɪʟʟ
xxSʜɪɴɢ ɪɴsɪ ʜ.

LucidDreary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dissolve » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Guys, please notice that the only colors that you need to provide are for the MANE, PAWS, EYES,EARS AND NOSE.
The base of the Viscet is already done,it wont be changed and therefore you dont have to give me a palette for that. :)
Dissolve

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me